Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Limited Edition shipping early? (now with pics)

My bonus disc is still saying ready to be shipped. I hope GameStop just screwed up, and it's not really backordered. ;_;

[quote name='masterduelist']Mine too.[/QUOTE]

same here.
gamestop sucks!
what is the point of me doing a preorder if they can't even ship it on the release date?!

:whistle2:(

crap on a stick. I checked earlier and both the game and bonus had switched to processing and now the bonus is back to ships in 24hrs and the LE is backordered. why they can't atleast ship out the bonus discs is beyond me.

as per the above quesion, I ordered mine on 2/2

[quote name='chrishicks']crap on a stick. I checked earlier and both the game and bonus had switched to processing and now the bonus is back to ships in 24hrs and the LE is backordered. why they can't atleast ship out the bonus discs is beyond me.

as per the above quesion, I ordered mine on 2/2[/QUOTE]

Same here. Ordered on 2/9. Bastards!

Called and spoke with a CSR and he said that some of the orders are shipping from a different warehouse and the system isn't quite synched up to when the order is processed in the warehouse to what is displayed on the site. He also said it seems that for all that went in for overnight shipping had theirs shipped today, and to check my status tomorrow...

[quote name='chrishicks']what the hell? are they shipping the newest orders first while the people who ordered way back have to sit and wonder?[/QUOTE]

it seems like it.

Hm. It seems like a lot of the people that ordered the normal MGS got theirs shipped, but a lot of the LE's have been backordered.

[quote name='monkeyf1']gamestop.com has my LE on backorder too. I preordered on 2/2. Lame[/QUOTE]

Damn it. I ordered on 2/2 too and now mines say its backorder. WTF

bullfuckingshit. this morning it said processing on both. now it went back to backordered for LE and 24hrs for saga. i placed it on 2/7

Yup, another 2/2 LE "backorder" here. Way to go, Gamestop.

The ironic thing is, Gamestop is my current "client" in my advertising portfolio class...

[quote name='trunks982']bullfuckingshit. this morning it said processing on both. now it went back to backordered for LE and 24hrs for saga. i placed it on 2/7[/QUOTE]
I placed my order the same day and same things showing for me. This is shit. Right now I'm thinking about running out to EB in the morning just trying to grab one and then if I ever get my GS.com order, I'll sell or return it. fuck. I was really looking forward to this for the past week too.

[quote name='Chacrana']That fucking sucks for people who were proactive. Why Gamestop would fuck those people is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if its really Gamestop's fault... Konami seems intent on barely producing enough of these for some reason.

If it shows up at Best Buy and other stores, then I'll take my statement back, but for right now, it seems like Konami didn't make enough.

[quote name='Roufuss']Not sure if its really Gamestop's fault... Konami seems intent on barely producing enough of these for some reason.

If it shows up at Best Buy and other stores, then I'll take my statement back, but for right now, it seems like Konami didn't make enough.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was referring to how the people who preordered in early February had their game put on backorder while people who ordered in late February had their game ship... that I can blame on Gamestop. But yeah, Konami definitely meant limited here...

[quote name='Roufuss']Not sure if its really Gamestop's fault... Konami seems intent on barely producing enough of these for some reason.

If it shows up at Best Buy and other stores, then I'll take my statement back, but for right now, it seems like Konami didn't make enough.[/QUOTE]Even if that's true, it's still Gamestop's fault for shipping later preorders before earlier preorders. That doesn't really make sense.

[quote name='kilatofu']Ordered 2/9, says same thing. LE Backordered and 24 hrs on saga. This Blows...[/QUOTE]

Well, I ordered on the second of February, and my order says the exact same thing.

fucking Gamestop. First the Shadow Hearts fiasco, and now this. I swear, the next thing I buy from them, it's going to have to be one hell of a deal.

I'm so disappointed. :(

Ordered: 2/3/2006

My LE is shipped! I picked 3 Day UPS shipping, what did you all pick? Maybe those who paid for shipping gets higher priority? Sounds like a crappy business practice, but when demand exceeds supply companies have been known to give the goods to those who pay for the more costly shipping options.

Just a thought.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Ordered: 2/3/2006

My LE is shipped! I picked 3 Day UPS shipping, what did you all pick? Maybe those who paid for shipping gets higher priority? Sounds like a crappy business practice, but when demand exceeds supply companies have been known to give the goods to those who pay for the more costly shipping options.

Just a thought.[/quote]

Ecofreak:

If you don't mind telling, what state are you in? Someone in one of these threads suggested that this product is shipping from multiple warehouses, and some are apparenly shipping before others. (This might explain why some people received their Saga discs early)

I know before the GS/EB merger I would get GS orders from Texas and EB orders from Kentucky. I don't know if GS kept the Kentucky warehouse open, but it is concevable to me that the TX one received the LE product before KY did.

I live in Georgia, by the way.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Ecofreak:

If you don't mind telling, what state are you in? [/QUOTE]

No problem - I live in Virginia although I have no idea where the nearest distribution center is to me.

[quote name='Ecofreak']No problem - I live in Virginia although I have no idea where the nearest distribution center is to me.[/quote]

I saw in this thread, you got your Saga DVD early. Do you know where that shipped from?

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I saw in this thread, you got your Saga DVD early. Do you know where that shipped from?[/QUOTE]

I just checked the shippment for the Bonus DVD, and the report says it was sent from Dallas (Fort Worth), Texas.

Order Date: 2/2/2006

Shipment Status: Backorded (LE version)

fucking bullshit. If I don't get this, it's the last time I ever shop at Gamestop.

fuck!!!! gamestop fuck gamestop fuck gamestop fuck gamestop. I preordered on 2/8 how is the fucking game backorder but the special dvd is shipping in 24 hours. I want my fucking game gamestop. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Sorry for the rant. I was super geeked to play this with the new stuff.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I just checked the shippment for the Bonus DVD, and the report says it was sent from Dallas (Fort Worth), Texas.[/quote]

Thanks Ecofreak. Be sure to tell us where your LE ships from, when you get it.

What I've been able to gleen over this thread, (some) people from the N & NE parts of the US have gotten their LE(s) shipped [WI,VA,CN]. This gives further credience to the multiple warehouse theory.

Not a large enough sample, by far. But it seems that people from the South and West are ending up with backorders.

Man, they must have a really messed up system at Gamestop where the most recent orders get it first or something, my order was 2/20 and both my saga disc and LE are shipped =/

Just got an e-mail confirmation of my LE being shipped. Checked the order at UPS and it says the game is being sent out from INDIANAPOLIS, IN.

[quote name='Etude']They still haven't responded to my email about why some were shipped earlier than others.[/QUOTE]

It's only 10:45 EST - why don't you try calling as you'll probably get an answer faster that way.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Just got an e-mail confirmation of my LE being shipped. Checked the order at UPS and it says the game is being sent out from INDIANAPOLIS, IN.[/QUOTE]

Well, shit, I live just a few hours from Indianapolis, I ordered on the 2nd...fucking Gamestop. There's no good reason I shouldn't have the game by now. Except that Gamestop sucks ass of course.

well if Gamestop doesn't get this shipped for me I'm SOL. I called every store in my area and they only had enough for their preorders and a few didn't even have enough for that. this is utter BS!!!!

[quote name='chrishicks']well if Gamestop doesn't get this shipped for me I'm SOL. I called every store in my area and they only had enough for their preorders and a few didn't even have enough for that. [/QUOTE]

What a disaster.

bread's done
Back