Most Memorable CAG Villain 2007

[quote name='Maklershed']For the people that keep saying "Circuit City", there's no evidence that a representative of Circuit City is now or ever was a member of CAG. Therefore, how can "Circuit City" be nominated as a villian? Please name the specific member name of who you're nominating if you have information to the contrary.[/QUOTE]

OK, Does Circuit City's lawyer have an account on CAG? One of them had to have a login since the Sunday deals are in the members only trading section.

So I herby nominate, Circuit City's mole.

Not the best option... Because it implies that diseminating the Sunday information was a legit issue, which it wasnt, but if it must be a CAGer...

I'd like to submit myself as most memorable villain.

If my shiny capes and razing of puppy orphanages do not secure your vote, rest assured I am mailing you Africanized honey bees at this very moment, who will hunt your ass down and kill you.

STRELL FOR CAG VILLAIN '07

Together, we can make this happen. And then I will kill you after the votes are tallied, and whether or not they are in my favor.

[quote name='Strell']I'd like to submit myself as most memorable villain.

If my shiny capes and razing of puppy orphanages do not secure your vote, rest assured I am mailing you Africanized honey bees at this very moment, who will hunt your ass down and kill you.

Together, we can make this happen. And then I will kill you after the votes are tallied, and whether or not they are in my favor.[/quote]

Bah, you aren't a villain. You're just a conscientious objector to sanity. You amusing screwball you... :lol:

[quote name='Strell']I'd like to submit myself as most memorable villain.

Together, we can make this happen. And then I will kill you after the votes are tallied, and whether or not they are in my favor.[/QUOTE]

so what's your campaign budget? 1 dollar?

[quote name='foltzie']OK, Does Circuit City's lawyer have an account on CAG? One of them had to have a login since the Sunday deals are in the members only trading section.

So I herby nominate, Circuit City's mole.

Not the best option... Because it implies that diseminating the Sunday information was a legit issue, which it wasnt, but if it must be a CAGer...[/quote]
Didn't they hit DVD Talk first, where there's no need to sign up to see his stuff?

redneck.jpg

"Heck, razin' puppies doan make you no villun, razin' puppies izz gooood! Makes you sum sorta humane-i-narian or sumpin'! I razed a lotta animals back at my pop's farm, I shud know! Ge' along, li'l doggies! Hee-ya!!"

[quote name='Chitown021']If we're nominating on pure annoyance then GizmoGC and monkeydeew need to be thrown in the mix...

My understanding is that it's got to be someone that has actually done something more severe like ripping people off.[/quote]
lol, cubs fans

edit: after peeping you and your fam on the family thread, i am going to stop being mean to you.

If A...

[quote name='jollydwarf']
redneck.jpg

"Heck, razin' puppies doan make you no villun, razin' puppies izz gooood! Makes you sum sorta humane-i-narian or sumpin'! I razed a lotta animals back at my pop's farm, I shud know! Ge' along, li'l doggies! Hee-ya!!"[/QUOTE]

implies B....

[quote name='mykevermin']I refuse to believe a grown man in his mid-30's typed that.[/QUOTE]

and B implies C....

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Didn't they hit DVD Talk first, where there's no need to sign up to see his stuff?[/QUOTE]

I nominate FriskyT for pointing out the logical falacay in my previous smart ass comment.

And Strell, becuase he asked and I can take whatever he plans to dish out.

[quote name='Sarang01']How can you hate jollydwarf myke? Some of his joke posts are fucking great.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Right. If you could point those specific posts out, and they were actually "fucking great," I'd never shit on him again.

That is to say, those posts don't exist, and I will continue to shit on him. Because he's a pompous ass.

[quote name='pun123']M$ still has my 360, got another email today passing my case to another supervisor. 6 weeks and counting. Now I know why people buy a new one change the serial # and return to store.[/QUOTE]:rofl:

[quote name='foltzie']I nominate FriskyT for pointing out the logical falicay in my previous smart ass comment.[/quote]

I think you meant "fallacy" rather than "falicay" which isn't a real word. I searched for "falicay" on Google just for fun and you're far from the only one to make that mistake, though I honestly can't see how someone would spell it that way given how it's pronounced.

[quote name='Thomas96']CaseyRyback- check sig[/QUOTE]

That sig doesn't exactly help your argument. From a sane person's p.o.v., his reasoning is fine and his observations were echoed by a lot of people.

TMK has obviously become a better member since the banning.

So yeah, go post that in the Hero thread :lol:

hledford87
FTW!

Read the first page on this thread, and I followed the link to the "Did i just fall victim to this XBOX live scam" and killed about an hr and a half reading up on the hilarious scam/bewbs/clones and the call outs

Hurray for our "E-Sherlocks," as i think one of the clones put it!

[quote name='Grove']hledford87
FTW!

Read the first page on this thread, and I followed the link to the "Did i just fall victim to this XBOX live scam" and killed about an hr and a half reading up on the hilarious scam/bewbs/clones and the call outs

Hurray for our "E-Sherlocks," as i think one of the clones put it![/QUOTE]
I read that thread yesterday and nobody ever addressed why there were claims from legitimate CAGs that indicated that the cards actually worked. Seems like everyone just jumped the gun and assumed they didn't work because it looked like you were getting one free month when you signed up for a new account. Anyone have any actual proof that this was a scam?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Who is Gamestop Dave?[/quote]
What we're guessing is a GS employee. He would post in deals board some deals that were basically MSRP or higher(& would get flammed to hell for it too). He also posted a couple spam threads about how their prices are lower than competitors & something about them giving the best trade-in prices:)rofl:).

Yeah, that user also gets my vote.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I read that thread yesterday and nobody ever addressed why there were claims from legitimate CAGs that indicated that the cards actually worked. Seems like everyone just jumped the gun and assumed they didn't work because it looked like you were getting one free month when you signed up for a new account. Anyone have any actual proof that this was a scam?[/QUOTE]

Not really but if you look at her eBay feedback she got slammed with negs (and then made it all private so you can't see what they are for). So something was fishy there. But whether the auctions were a scam or not doesn't matter at this point - she deserves the nomination for the way she handled herself in the thread (the picture, the slam on Gwen, etc). Not to mention all those new users who came on to sort of defend her or not - that was wierd.

Also, anyone wanting to see what Gamestop Dave did just click on the link in my sig and it will take you to one of the threads he posted in. He didn't post much but it was classic.

[quote name='mykevermin']No. You're a self-important pretentious twat with a difficult-to-read-and-lacking-antecedents way of quoting previous posts, christ-almighty-you're-the-king-of-nerd-mountain way of creating analogies and metaphors using quotes and characters from shit nobody's ever seen and don't nobody understand, and most of all you're blissfully unaware of all this. Your aloof "who...moi?" misidentification of your culpability is the worst of it all.

Or, at any rate, your pretense to be oblivious of it.[/quote]

[quote name='mykevermin']I refuse to believe a grown man in his mid-30's typed that.[/quote]

Have I said that you're one of my favorite posters myke? Well, if I haven't, then I now have. All your points are valid, and jollydwarf gets on my nerves and annoys the hell out of me. I think I'm on his ignore list actually. Also, for a CAG villian to be a real villain, I think they have to be recurring. You know, an arch-nemesis that always comes back but is thwarted by the hero. That's why people that get these quick bans shouldn't win. People like JimmyMac, though I like him and enjoy his posts now, are the type that should be givent he award (but he no longer deserves it). jollydwarf takes the cake.

[quote name='munch']I'm pretty sure it's the jollydwarf part that's the problem.[/quote]

Perhaps:whistle2:k

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I can't find his posts,lol.
Was he banned?[/QUOTE]

(talking about Gamestop Dave here I assume)

Banning does not remove your posts.

D'oh! It looks like a mod deleted his posts which is too bad because they were classic. The one in my sig links back to the place he posted it and you can no longer see it there - anyway, the one I quoted was the best, though it is always nice to see the context of the post.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Have I said that you're one of my favorite posters myke? Well, if I haven't, then I now have.[/quote]

Aw, shucks.

All your points are valid, and jollydwarf gets on my nerves and annoys the hell out of me. I think I'm on his ignore list actually. Also, for a CAG villian to be a real villain, I think they have to be recurring. You know, an arch-nemesis that always comes back but is thwarted by the hero. That's why people that get these quick bans shouldn't win.

An interesting point. Andy Kaufman was a prick, but he wasn't a genuine self-deluded asshole. If you were in on the joke, it was brilliant. I don't believe Mr. dwarf is that deep into his character. I think he genuinely believes what he says, and that a delicately-placed Babylon-5 reference (or something of that quality) would earn a great deal of gut laughs.

The thing is, though, for the most part his longwinded posts remain in stasis. He posts something, people don't respond to it, and life goes on. It's hard to consider someone a villain if they're just perpetually annoying, but don't get a lot of heat in their direction. He's kinda like the annoying friend from a TV sitcom in that way.

People like JimmyMac, though I like him and enjoy his posts now, are the type that should be givent he award (but he no longer deserves it). jollydwarf takes the cake.

JimmieMac is who he is. I suspect if we were to go drinkin' together, he'd be no different. Brash and honest to a fault, and a person who somewhat feels the need to live up to a macho expectation of him. Which means, of course, a great drinkin' buddy (I don't need any self-loathing "why won't girls go out with me?" types, y'know - I want a "drink another shot of Jameson, ya big sissy" type).

If I'd wanna go drinkin' with you, you ain't a villain.

[quote name='io'](talking about Gamestop Dave here I assume)

Banning does not remove your posts.

D'oh! It looks like a mod deleted his posts which is too bad because they were classic. The one in my sig links back to the place he posted it and you can no longer see it there - anyway, the one I quoted was the best, though it is always nice to see the context of the post.[/quote]

Oh well :/
I wanted to laugh too.

TheManaKnight's rampant Sony Defense Force participation nominates him for me.
That or Speedy, for taking away business from hard working companies! :lol:

Minder!! If he hasn't already been mentioned enough. I got through the 4th page and only saw him mentioned once, though I'm sure it's come up again in this long-ass thread.

All those stolen Ipods... sketchy ass dude.

bread's done
Back