Most Memorable CAG Villain 2010

[quote name='Josh5890']Don't hate SHC. He gave us good reasons to get games on release day.

Anyway my nomination goes to IATCG[/QUOTE]

Clearance games > new releases.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']IATCG because he bitches about everything.....EVERYTHING!!!...[/QUOTE]

Yes! He's the reason I stopped visiting the Target clearance thread. I gotntired of reading his bitchfest about that stupid monitor he bought on clearance.

Also, are mods eligible for nomination?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='peteyrose']CheapyD for being a bitch and begging for Child's Play donations through his raffle so he can brag about his numbers[/QUOTE]

QFT..shameful

[quote name='peteyrose']CheapyD for being a bitch and begging for Child's Play donations through his raffle so he can brag about his numbers[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Glasscocked']QFT..shameful[/QUOTE]

How exactly is trying to get donations for a children's charity being a bitch?

Did either of you two donate to Child's Play?

[quote name='Glasscocked']QFT..shameful[/QUOTE]

WTF!!!!

I agree with shrike. How the heck is this anyway being a bitch. Thanks to Cheapy, corporate sponsors were willing to donate prizes for the raffle in the first place. I dont think many CAGs just donated for the fact they can win something.

On top of that, how is it shameful to rag about donation numbers? I always thought it was an achievement of the whole community that we beat our estimated pull.

way to be douchebags guys....voting for a guy who is going out of his way to donate for the benefit of children's fun in hospitals everywhere.

I'm glad that I haven't been nominated yet. I was unaware of Fire_Thief entirely, so I'm probably not posting in the right forums to get noticed. ;-)

Anyway, even if this person only gets my vote, I'd like to nominate Triskaidekapunk. Shrike was trying to clean up the "List of free XBL content" topic and warned people to not post codes or request codes in that topic. I posted some direct links to some of the content, since I had just downloaded them and no links were provided, when Triskaidekapunk flamed/trolled me and gave away a free code. A mod deleted his post. He immediately posted the same thing again, while flaming me for reporting his post, even though I didn't. I reported this post, mostly to spite him for accusing me of reporting it the first time, and he was temporarily banned.

He then began to harass me on Xbox Live. I used to have my XBL gamer tag displayed publicly, and he used this to send me a bunch of messages, claiming that "evrybody knows ur a dick" and "u act like ur 12." He sent me a total of four long messages from three different XBL accounts before I changed my privacy settings to friends only. He even tried adding me as a friend after that to send me some more messages, but I blocked this fourth account and reported them to Microsoft.

This all happened only a few weeks ago. He's not that memorable, and I'll probably forget about him in a month or two, but he was certainly a villain, and a pain in the ass.

I certainly stand by my nomination. When it is a reflection on the community fantastic. When it is the website owner coming across as bragging and how popular and important he is to the web community that is douchebaggery.

While I have not been here but a short time he is my nomination and it's not even close.

[quote name='Glasscocked']I certainly stand by my nomination. When it is a reflection on the community fantastic. When it is the website owner coming across as bragging and how popular and important he is to the web community that is douchebaggery.

While I have not been here but a short time he is my nomination and it's not even close.[/QUOTE]
:roll:

[quote name='Glasscocked']I certainly stand by my nomination. When it is a reflection on the community fantastic. When it is the website owner coming across as bragging and how popular and important he is to the web community that is douchebaggery.

While I have not been here but a short time he is my nomination and it's not even close.[/QUOTE]You're more than entitled to your opinion on the topic, though I'm still missing the point of how you're thinking that someone who's trying to get donations to a higher level is douchebaggery.

No matter, again, you're entitled to your opinion.

[quote name='confoosious']What are the rules on "villain" status? Like do they have to do something bad or can they just be all around morons?[/QUOTE]
If you read the history of the Villain Winners, we've originally had users who scammed or shafted other CAGs one way or another. (Though iirc, JimmieMac won last year or the year before, simply because he'd been nominated so many years for being his charming self, and never actually taking home the gold.)

I'm more of the mind that the Villain winner should be someone like Lawliet157/dmg117 for scamming CAGs. But his activities began in 2011. And I wish you all could see the absolute insanity of his PMs back and forth with the Moderator who was dealing with him. That was some gooooood reading. :lol:

I'm curious if shrike or pooky or any other mods can recall any truly villainous CAGs from 2010?

On the flip side, if we haven't had any CAGs scammed in 2010, that's a great thing, and it'd be nice to just vote on some obnoxious twit. Which I hate to admit, we'll always have a number to choose from.

[quote name='guinaevere']If you read the history of the Villain Winners, we've originally had users who scammed or shafted other CAGs one way or another. (Though iirc, JimmieMac won last year or the year before, simply because he'd been nominated so many years for being his charming self, and never actually taking home the gold.)

I'm more of the mind that the Villain winner should be someone like Lawliet157/dmg117 for scamming CAGs. But his activities began in 2011. And I wish you all could see the absolute insanity of his PMs back and forth with the Moderator who was dealing with him. That was some gooooood reading. :lol:

I'm curious if shrike or pooky or any other mods can recall any truly villainous CAGs from 2010?

On the flip side, if we haven't had any CAGs scammed in 2010, that's a great thing, and it'd be nice to just vote on some obnoxious twit. Which I hate to admit, we'll always have a number to choose from.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should nominate starmask? =P

With a spine injury and a lot of other crap, I missed a lot last year. Give us a brief history of what starmask was responsible for, please?

[quote name='shrike4242']You're more than entitled to your opinion on the topic, though I'm still missing the point of how you're thinking that someone who's trying to get donations to a higher level is douchebaggery.

No matter, again, you're entitled to your opinion.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying this is the case with CheapyD. (I don't know what he's referring to and I don't want to be lumped in with glasscocked's nomination.) But I've felt that certain celebrities "trying to get donations to a higher level" for whatever cause du jour are guilty of douchebaggery.

It's one thing to raise or donate money. It's another to bring attention to yourself doing it.

Guinavere - if you wanna stretch the definition of rip off, FT ripped us all off of our very invaluable time by posting 27 cents under MSRP Amazon deals on obscure bad games. And I guess making us all a little dumber with his (suburban) street slang.

I wonder if he'll get more than 75% of the vote. What's the vegas o/u on that?

I'll go with jimijumper's nomination of zergtilian for repeated "Borderpost penny guide" remarks.

The only problem with nominating Fire Thief or confoosious is that it'll just go to their heads.
It's obvious they already think very highly of themselves. Hell, confoosious isn't even upset he's nominated. He's just wants to make sure you nominate him for the correct reasons. :roll:
And with as many youtube postings as FT has, you know he thinks a lot of himself as well.
Being voted CAG villain should make the person want to change their "villainous" ways, IMO. FT and confoosious are a lost cause in that respect.

That being said, it seems pretty obvious FT is going to win. That's a win for the streets, no doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ugamer_X']Jimmiemac.

That guy sucks and he insulted a close, personal friend of mine.[/QUOTE]

That's the spirit! :applause: It wouldn't be a year worth living if we didn't have a Jimmiemac CAG Villain of the Year nomination.

[quote name='guinaevere']With a spine injury and a lot of other crap, I missed a lot last year. Give us a brief history of what starmask was responsible for, please?[/QUOTE]

He's had quite a bit of trouble managing his lowballs. I'm not sure if it was intentional or what, but I remember reading the threads as they were going on in complete and utter shock. Date changes, shipping issues, changing bids, you name it.

He also seems to make a new trade list right after any of these things occur. (He's had at least three different trade lists last year and I find that kinda odd.)

I've always been kinda squirely when it comes to online auctions, so as a result of these kind of things I've had to be highly selective with who I deal with.

To get a better idea, just skim these threads:

Trade-List 1
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250967&highlight=lowball
Trade-List 2
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261790&highlight=lowball
Trade-List 3
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271317&highlight=lowball

I think this post kind of sums up all of the weirdness (from Trade-List 1)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6873806&postcount=412

[quote name='shrike4242']You're more than entitled to your opinion on the topic, though I'm still missing the point of how you're thinking that someone who's trying to get donations to a higher level is douchebaggery.

No matter, again, you're entitled to your opinion.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the ends justify the means, but lets not pretend that Cheapy doesn't stand to personally benefit from the exposure.

I don't think it rises to the level of cag villain though.

[quote name='peteyrose']cheapyd for being a bitch and begging for child's play donations through his raffle so he can brag about his numbers[/quote]

Thats not very nice now.

While I have not been here but a short time he is my nomination and it's not even close.[/QUOTE]I can support a CheapyD nomination but not because he was asking for attention for CP. There's nothing wrong with asking for CP donations, or even wanting to brag about his numbers or begging the community to reach the goal he set. If anything CheapyD's villainous move was getting vexed because other gaming sites wouldn't feature HIS donation page. Other gaming sites that presumably have their own donation pages they'd like to promote. (because every gaming site that wants to be a gaming site has a child's play donation page; you look like a douche if you don't)

SHC Gamer. I agree that killing clearance at 2 major retail stores makes him the obvious choice to me. I got many of my games through Sears clearance, and never buy new release games. I am surprised that he has not gotten more than a 3 or 4 votes.

As much as I disliked seeing creepy doll pictures on the front page of the CAG blogs (especially while browsing in public), I don't think Chuplayer deserves the villain "award". He just chose the most unlikely website to express himself and show off his strange hobby.

I vote for Cheapy for being a dick to Wombat.
Cheapy+Wombat 4ever.

[quote name='ackbar7']SHC Gamer. I agree that killing clearance at 2 major retail stores makes him the obvious choice to me. I got many of my games through Sears clearance, and never buy new release games. I am surprised that he has not gotten more than a 3 or 4 votes.[/QUOTE]

Guess there are too many people that like getting deals on new releases instead of waiting a year and searching for the games they want.

[quote name='Altanis']Is it wrong to be disappointed to have been nominated but not enough to make the poll?[/QUOTE]

I am disappointed too. Came in here expecting to vote for you. :D

Confoosius because, quite frankly, the guy is a dick to everyone all the time. Removing the stick from his ass would be my suggestion.

bread's done
Back