My '03 Honda OTTcord has been paid off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I thought he changed his mind today on it being a rip off?[/QUOTE]
He did, it's the end of that article. That's why i posted it, dude made a pretty abrupt change of opinion about it. Maybe the SDF paid him off?

[quote name='Mojimbo']...

You can make notes on the Kindle which are saved and even put online so you can access them anytime on Amazon.com from any web browser.[/QUOTE]

That looks far less impressive when I bring my book to class :cool:

[quote name='JolietJake']He did, it's the end of that article. That's why i posted it, dude made a pretty abrupt change of opinion about it. Maybe the SDF paid him off?[/QUOTE]

Or told him he better "sleep light" in a giant meandering set of paragraphs.

I think he was pretty dead on originally.

DAMN, the Diehard Blu boxset is going fast. EDIT, no it's actually not.

[quote name='darthbudge']EDGE isn't too bad for me Puma...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='manthing']pumah: yep[/QUOTE]

Well which one is it? :lol: The only sites I'd really care about hitting are here, Reddit, and Myspace. Is it quick enough to handle those?

I talked to an ATT guy today and he said we live close enough to a tower that we wouldn't get cancelled for roaming too much. Only thing in the way now is getting out of USCC, and hopefully doing it for free.
__
is crystalklear around? I want to know what program he uses to compose music.

EDGE is fine for pulling down emails or surfing a BB site that is optimized for mobile devices. Facebook chugs on it, so I imagine Myspace would be unbearably slow.

When I am on Edge, I usually have to find a hotspot for anything image intensive.

I think digital formatted books will certainly be the dominate medium for the written word in the not to distant future. However, I think the Kindle/Sony's reader are just to much of a niche device for the $200-350 price. I think I have seen at least 3 or 4 netbook sized tablet PCs emerging on the market at the same price points (and aside from battery life) seem like they would be a much more useful device for the same amount of money if not more.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Is the iPhone internet annoyingly slow in EDGE areas?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarthPuma']Well which one is it? :lol: The only sites I'd really care about hitting are here, Reddit, and Myspace. Is it quick enough to handle those?

I talked to an ATT guy today and he said we live close enough to a tower that we wouldn't get cancelled for roaming too much. Only thing in the way now is getting out of USCC, and hopefully doing it for free.
__
is crystalklear around? I want to know what program he uses to compose music.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the area.

Edge by my house sucks ass.
Edge by my parents house is insane.
I think it has to do with area populace and the availability of 3g.
Here --> more people, more ATT customers, more focus on getting 3g available.
There --> less people, there wasn't ATT stores when I lived there (pretty much only verizon, maybe sprint), nobody focused on 3g.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Anyone comparing an LCD screen to e-ink doesn't get it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking as much about readability as I am about color vs 16 shades of gray vs. overall cost.

I've monkeyed with both the original Kindle and a Sony e-reader, it's still too much for too little functionality. Maybe digital paper will change things.

$40 for the first 3 4 movies
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

EDIT: :shock: It's got all 4...$10 a pop...I'm in!

4018f0cdd7a08fcd071a7110.L.jpg

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I'm not talking as much about readability as I am about color vs 16 shades of gray vs. overall cost.

I've monkeyed with both the original Kindle and a Sony e-reader, it's still too much for too little functionality. Maybe digital paper will change things.[/QUOTE]Readability is the whole point. :whistle2:?

Most everything I would read on it would be in black and white anyways.

On a superficial front:

Books look amazing on shelves, whereas the Kindle looks fucking hideous.

They say the first two are terrible transfers and the 4th movie is the PG-13 cut... I don't know if I can justify that. :| I do have a $25 credit at amazon which would make it $15 out of pocket... :|

[quote name='Brak']On a superficial front:

Books look amazing on shelves, whereas the Kindle looks fucking hideous.[/QUOTE]

Books also take up fucktons of space, a kindle does not.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Readability is the whole point. :whistle2:?

Most everything I would read on it would be in black and white anyways.[/QUOTE]

Well, that would probably make sense then. Most of what I read is non-fiction print (usually also available on the web) and the rest is directly off the web. I wish I had time for more fiction. I can't justify the expense or lugging around another device for what little I get to read that way.

Reversing all my displays to white text on black has also really helped my eyestrain. Sadly, I just got Windows/Firefox the way I wanted (with the zune theme & personas no less, -bkg)

[quote name='Brak']On a superficial front:

Books look amazing on shelves, whereas the Kindle looks fucking hideous.[/QUOTE]The Kindle 2 looks great. I completely understand wanting something tangible but I'm tired of clutter from owning games, movies and books.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Books also take up fucktons of space, a kindle does not.[/QUOTE]
I'd rather lose one book than one Kindle.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Why would you want to go to myspace in the first place? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Talking to friends.

___
I wish all paperback books were 5 bucks, everywhere. I would read soooo much more.

Well that Career Fair Tuesday was a fucking waste of time. They only had a handful of companies and none were looking for engineers.

I'm blown away that they're doing Green Beret vs. Spetznaz on Deadliest Warrior.

:lol: @ Tony Scott remaking The Warriors.

I’m not doing a straight remake…I’m using the same basic story. It’s really still 10 guys stuck at point B and they need to get back to point A. But I’m going to set it in Los Angeles and it’s going to be a kind of study of gang culture in LA today.

[...]

It’s a city which is horizontal. New York is vertical, all skyscrapers, and Los Angeles is horizontal. I’m hoping to get a hundred thousand real gang-members standing on the Vincent Thomas Bridge for one shot.

I don't ever see myself owning a Kindle. I mean, I love the thought of having digital books (As I have several full bookcases and boxes and boxes of books in the basement), there's just one thing I'd miss: pages.

I mean physical pages. Flipping through a book I have read dozens of times over is much easier, because I know "where" on a page a a prticular bit I'm looking for is. I have many e-books, but they never seem the same as a "real" book.

Tony Scott is corny.

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 looks really, really bad to me.

I hate Travolta's style of acting... It's almost as though he's saying aloud, "Hey! I am acting right now!"

I like being able to hold my books, loan them out to my friends to share them, sell them, and buy them used.

Kindle can fuck off as long as it has DRM.

I'm just saying if they did a movie...I could totally see Travolta as Marcus Fenix...then Sean William Scott or Paul Walker as Baird...I know that The Rock is not Hispanic, but he could be Dom.

Never4ever might have knocked up his girlfriend - they're "extremely cautious", but she's not on the pill. :facepalm:

I'm excited, I am going up to Peoria, IL next weekend to hangout with my buddy playing for the Peoria Chiefs. I am not looking forward to the drive though.

[quote name='Brak']

I hate Travolta's style of acting... It's almost as though he's saying aloud, "Hey! I am acting right now!"[/QUOTE]

I've always hated that gorilla looking motherfucker.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm just saying if they did a movie...I could totally see Travolta as Marcus Fenix...then Sean William Scott as baird...or Paul Walker...I know that The Rock is not hispanic, but he could be Dom.[/QUOTE]
And if they did a movie, it'd be fucking terrible but you'd be there opening night and at least twice afterwards, then you'd buy the inevitable $10 movie toys and the 2-disc collectors Blu when it came out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm just saying if they did a movie...I could totally see Travolta as Marcus Fenix...then Sean William Scott or Paul Walker as Baird...I know that The Rock is not Hispanic, but he could be Dom.[/QUOTE]
Oh, LP . . no, man- no.

You know what they say about a Travolta movie: If he doesn't dance in it, skip it. It even works for Pulp Fiction.

[quote name='JJSP']Never4ever might have knocked up his girlfriend - they're "extremely cautious", but she's not on the pill. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

Nothing that the right flight of stairs can't fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back