NFL 2007 Season Thread

[quote name='Synergy']Pats/Colts is going to be awesome. I'm constantly impressed by Peyton Manning (but not his crappy commercials, heh. or his asshat brother).[/quote]

Cut that meat! Cut that meat! (That commercial was awesome).

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4FlwJwL6kdo[/MEDIA]

Holy shit the Patriots are awesome. I've never seen a team so much better then the rest fo the league - Colts included. I'm betting the Pats win by at least 21 next week. I don't think they are the best team of all time due to the salary cap but they are up there (and the fact the season isn't over yet).

fucking Rams.

Started out so good yesterday, only to have Jackson get hurt again, and proceed to take a shit in the 2nd half.

0-16 here we come :cry:

[quote name='Chitown021']Umm extra points INCLUDED, DUH! 8*7=56 added to the original 7 on the board = 63.[/QUOTE]

No, dipshit, you were trying to compare a 42-21 lead to a 63-7 lead.

[quote name='DJSteel']eventually they'll faulter... they can't run like this the whole season.. hopefully they'll start running into problems[/quote]
I hope so too. Actually, what I'm really hoping for is one of these weeks they have a major injury to a starter that happens late in the game when they are running up the score and the starters have no business being on the field. That'll be so sweet!

[quote name='senorwoohoo']fuckin' haters.

But I'd probably feel the same way if I wasn't a Pats fan.[/quote]

of course.. I'm tired of hearing people crown them already.. yes they look great... but it is just not possible this day and age to keep running the way they are...

I know, I know.

While it feels nice to see them ruin every team they play, I would prefer a challenge. That's why the World Series wasn't that fun to watch. Even though I'm a Red Sox fan and it's great to win again, I'd have preferred more of a challenge.

Getting pleasure out of an injury. You are one sick puppy!!

[quote name='ninju D']I hope so too. Actually, what I'm really hoping for is one of these weeks they have a major injury to a starter that happens late in the game when they are running up the score and the starters have no business being on the field. That'll be so sweet![/quote]

well look at the Steelers in 04 and the Colts in 05.. both teams looked unstoppable.. until they started sitting people near the end of the season.. it totally screwed everything...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Looks like you beat the undefeated dude :eek:[/quote]

Nah, I gave him his second loss. It won't register until after the Monday night game.

My team has been all over the place. At least Derek Anderson has been a Godsend. I had Marc Bulger and JP Losman the first two weeks. :bomb:

If that was indeed Brett Favre's last MNF game, what a perfect way to go out. I know it's a silly fantasy, but I'd love to see Brett take the Pack to the SuperBowl for his last game.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']If that was indeed Brett Favre's last MNF game, what a perfect way to go out. I know it's a silly fantasy, but I'd love to see Brett take the Pack to the SuperBowl for his last game.[/quote]

That's the same thing people said about Bettis and the Steelers. Anything can happen, especially in the NFC.

[quote name='primetime']That's the same thing people said about Bettis and the Steelers. Anything can happen, especially in the NFC.[/quote]
Yea man, it's not a silly fantasy, if they can get a solid running game, I'd be confident enough to say they're going to the super bowl. Defense is solid, although their Secondary is a bit faulty, giving up those 10 yrd plays and sometimes giving the receivers leeway and too much cushion.

Passing game w/ short dump-offs, screens, and slants seems to be their bread and butter though, and working up the middle has been their main consistency so far. Once they can own up to the deep ball and really cash in with the play-action, they'll start puttin' up massive points on offense.

I was amazed with how well Grant was playing, and when I saw Morency get a hand-off, I was yelling to take him out and put Grant back in, but you know, dude needs a breather to keep chuggin' along in the game :lol:

I had no idea how that Overtime would end, and I was just hoping Denver would fuck up on the field goal at the last second, because I didn't think Green Bay would last long in Overtime, seeing as how they've never beaten Denver on the road, and especially in overtime. When he threw that deep ball and Jennings ran it in for the winning TD, we all went crazy and I was wishing I had recorded it on the DVR :bomb:

I found it ironic, as well as the announcers, that the two shutdown corners allowed the two Packer TD's. On another note, I was getting f'ing pissed off at #20 on the Pack D, I forgot his name, but he was really struggling and kept Denver alive on their first (and only) TD drive. It seems like one Packer player always holds back the team with critical mistakes, last one I can recall would be James Jones who fumbled two consecutive times. At least he's gotten out of that funk and is contributing to the team now.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea man, it's not a silly fantasy, if they can get a solid running game, I'd be confident enough to say they're going to the super bowl. Defense is solid, although their Secondary is a bit faulty, giving up those 10 yrd plays and sometimes giving the receivers leeway and too much cushion.

Passing game w/ short dump-offs, screens, and slants seems to be their bread and butter though, and working up the middle has been their main consistency so far. Once they can own up to the deep ball and really cash in with the play-action, they'll start puttin' up massive points on offense.

I was amazed with how well Grant was playing, and when I saw Morency get a hand-off, I was yelling to take him out and put Grant back in, but you know, dude needs a breather to keep chuggin' along in the game :lol:

I had no idea how that Overtime would end, and I was just hoping Denver would fuck up on the field goal at the last second, because I didn't think Green Bay would last long in Overtime, seeing as how they've never beaten Denver on the road, and especially in overtime. When he threw that deep ball and Jennings ran it in for the winning TD, we all went crazy and I was wishing I had recorded it on the DVR :bomb:

I found it ironic, as well as the announcers, that the two shutdown corners allowed the two Packer TD's. On another note, I was getting f'ing pissed off at #20 on the Pack D, I forgot his name, but he was really struggling and kept Denver alive on their first (and only) TD drive. It seems like one Packer player always holds back the team with critical mistakes, last one I can recall would be James Jones who fumbled two consecutive times. At least he's gotten out of that funk and is contributing to the team now.[/QUOTE]

The Packers have the fifth ranked pass D. So I don't think there secondary is to much of a problem. Also don't be to impressed with Grant tonight as Denver has the worst Rush Defense in the NFL. I think there pass game is fine as they have 3 WRs that can all be deep threats. Favre has shown he can still throw the deep ball as well. I think they are a contender in the NFC just because the NFC is so weak though.

[quote name='DomLando']The Packers have the fifth ranked pass D. So I don't think there secondary is to much of a problem. Also don't be to impressed with Grant tonight as Denver has the worst Rush Defense in the NFL. I think there pass game is fine as they have 3 WRs that can all be deep threats. Favre has shown he can still throw the deep ball as well. I think they are a contender in the NFC just because the NFC is so weak though.[/quote]

Their running game is always a concern :/

I see tonight as a confidence booster for their running game, to bolster it and have more commitment towards it. Thing is, they really couldn't keep it up. First half was acceptable, second half was a bit more abismal, it didn't really get them the first downs, but it did get them into 3rd and manageable and eat up the clock, which was probably their main concern. Grant had a good start, and I hope it gives him more confidence so that he can step it up a notch, Wynn has had a breakthrough or two with the Bears, and Morency....needs to take that tinted visor off, he's no LT for now, sorry bud.

Favre got decent protection, he had some pressure but with enough time to make a decision and throw the ball.

NFC is pretty weak, not too many contenders, I'll concur with that, but each game is a big one, and each one they win, no matter who it really is, is just that much more of a confidence booster. We will really see what their made of when they play the Cowboys later on in the regular season, that game should be their defining moment on whether or not they will progress through the NFC and make it to the Super Bowl.

[quote name='Chitown021']We're just a couple weeks away from the season kickoff. The main question for the defending NFC champion Chicago Bears: Can Grossman be consistent?[/quote]

Dear Sir/Madam,
Do you need the dropship??
Thanks for your special attention to www.hw925shop.com .
We are the specialized watches/DVDS/ jewellery wholesaler in China ,We provide many Classical watches dvds and jewellery ,various hierarchical.all the items are in fine functions and the mode are all same as the original watches . Workmanship is very fine , 100% satisfaction guaranteed . because we do the wholesale business , all the item are all in stock and the quantity are enough. so it is possible for us to supply the competitive price and the large quantity for you . We will became your reliable and regular supplier .
we have had many worldwide customers still now , we are retaining the penrennial cooperation with them , and at the same time hope build a good partner relationship with you ! We will became your reliable and regular supplier .
we are plesure to offer the service for you !
Thanks and best regards

Xena Warrior Princess Season 1 6 DVD BOXSET
STAR WARS COLLECTION 6 DVD
Star Trek The Original Series Season 1-3 22DVD
Smallville Season 5 BOXSET 6 DVD
PROJECT RUNWAY SEASON 1 6 DVD BOXSET
Mr.Bean The Animated Series 4 DVD
Medium Season 1 BOXSET 8 DVD
FAMILY GUY SEASON 1-3 7 DVDs BOXSET
Disney 100 Years of Movies 102 DVD BOXSET
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 1-7 50DVD
Black Adder BOXSET 6 DVD
Barbie Collection 6 DVD BOXSET NEW
Baby Einstein Language Nursery 19DVD+CD NEW
Addested Development Season 1-3 15DVD
Without A Trace Series 2 disc 8 DVD BOXSET
Without A Trace Season 3 disc 8 DVD BOXSET NEW
West Wing[FONT=&#23435]([/FONT]1-6[FONT=&#23435])[/FONT]36DVD NEW
Veronica Mars Season 1 disc 8 dvds
The Next Generation Season 1-7 disc 48
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy 6 DVD Collection
The Golden Girls Season 1-5 disc 15 dvds NEW
The Girls Next Door Season 1 disc 5 DVD
The Freshprince of Bel-Air Season 1-3 disc 18 DVD
The Dead Zone Season 1-4 Special Edition disc 15
The Apprentice Season 5 disc 8 DVD
Star Trek Enterprise Season 1-4 disc 27
Star Trek Deep Space Nine Season 1-7 48 dvds
Special Victims Unit Season 1 disc 8 dvds
SIX FEET UNDER Season 1 disc 6 dvds
Roswell Season 1-3 disc 17DVD+1CD NEW
OZ season 1-5 disc 18 DVD
NYPD Blue Season 1-4 disc 16 DVD BOXSET
Nip Tuck Season 1-3 disc 17DVD+1CD NEW
MASH Season 1-11 disc 33 DVD BOXSET
Married with Children Season 1-5 disc 14 dvds
LITTLE BRITAIN SEASON 1-2 DISC 8
Hill Street Blues Season 1 disc 6 DVD BOXSET NEW
Grey\'s Anatomy season 1 disc 4
Frasier Season 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,+11 disc 36 dvds
Everybody Loves Raymond Season 1-6 disc 30 DVDS
ER Season 9,10 disc 16
Emmanaelle The Private Collection 18 DVD BOXSET
Doogie Howser, M.D. Season 1-4 disc 25 DVD
Desperate Housewives Season 1-2 disc 13 dvds
Deadwood Season 3 disc 6 DVD BOXES
Deadwood Season 1-2 disc 11 DVD BOXSET
CSI MIAMI Season 1-3 Special Edtion disc 19
Criminal Minds Season 1 disc 8 DVD BOXSET NEW
Close To Home Season 1 disc 8 DVD
Charmed Season 1-8 disc 64 DVD
Charmed Season 1-7 Get S8 for FREE 42 dvds
BBC Days That Shook The World ([FONT=&#23435]二[/FONT]) disc 5 dvds
Barbie Collection 8 DVD BOXSET NEW
Band of Brothers 5DVD
Bad Girls Season 1 disc 6 DVD
friends Complete season 1-10 DISC 36
friends Complete season 1-10 DISC 40+2CD
The Simpsons Complete season 1-17 DISC 96
Lord of the rings all 3 box set 12 dvds
Mash Complete Seasons1-6 Box Set 36 DISC
Star Wars the Complete 6 DVD movie Box set.
Sopranos Season 1-5 Individual Boxset
CSI INDIVIDUAL BOXSET SEASON 1-6 DISC 47
24 HOURS INDIVIDUAL BOXSET SEASON 1-5 DISC 43
West Wing INDIVIDUAL BOXSET SEASON 1-7 DISC 57
South Park INDIVIDUAL BOXSET Season 1-10 DISC 42
THE L WORD Individual Boxset 1-3 DISC 20
star gate INDIVIDUAL BOXSET SEASON 1-9
007 Complete season 20 DVD
Baby Einstein Complete season 21DVD
Star Trek The Original Series 1-3 22DVD
Star Trek Enterprise individual boxset 1-4 DISC 27
Monk Complete Season 1-4 DISC 16D5+1CD
seinfeld Complete season 1-6 DISC 20
The Shield Season 1-4 16 DVD
The OC complete season 1&2 14 DVD Boxset
GILMOR GIRLS COMPLETE Season 1-5 DISC 30
babylon COMPLETE Season 1-5 DISC 30
Six Feet Under COMPLETE Season 1-5 DISC 24
ER COMPLETE Season 1-8 DISC 49
Smallville INDIVIDUAL BOXSET SEASON 1-5 DISC 40
Queer as folk INDIVIDUAL BOXSET SEASON 1-5 DISC 38
Will And Grace INDIVIDUAL BOXSET SEASON 1-7 DISC 42
profiler INDIVIDUAL BOXSET SEASON 1-4 DISC 32
24 HOURS INDIVIDUAL BOXSET SEASON 1-5 DISC 43
Alias COMPLETE Season 1-4 DISC 24
ANGEL COMPLETE Season 1-5 DISC 30
The Shield Season 1,2,3,4,5 individual boxset 35 disc
STAR TREK VOYAGER INDIVIDUAL BOXSETSEASON 1-7
24 HOURS COMPLETE SEASON 1-4 DISC 24
Buffy COMPLETE Season 1-7 DISC 39
CSI Complete season 1-5 DISC 31
Star Trek The NextGeneration Individual Boxset 1-7
SEX AND THE CITY - Seasons 1-6 -SHOEBOX
x-Files season 1-9 DVD individual boxset
Babylon 5 Individual Boxset 1 -- 5
Star Trek Deep Space Nine Individual Boxset 1-7
SIX FEET UNDER SEASON 12345 individual boxset 32 disc
Queer As Folk Complete season 1-5 DISC 24
West Wing COMPLETE SEASON 1-6 DISC 36
SOPRANOS COMPLETE Season 1-6 new and sealed DISC 26
Ally Mcbeal Complete Seasons 1-5 DISC 30

Denver got raped on the holding calls. Every time they got a big play it was called back on a hold. You can call holding on just about any play in pro and college football if you want to get picky about it. It's the equivalent to baseball and having the umpire give one team a huge strike zone while he calls it tight for the other team.

EDIT: Favre get the "Michael Jordan" or "Greg Maddux" treatment getting favorable calls or having the ref swallow their whistles when it comes to calling penalties on him or his team.

Also what is up with that spammer above dragging me into his post? That's the first time I've seen a spammer use a quote post like that.

[quote name='Chitown021']Denver got raped on the holding calls. Every time they got a big play it was called back on a hold. You can call holding on just about any play in pro and college football if you want to get picky about it. It's the eqivalent to baseball and having the umpire give one team a huge strike zone while he calls it tight for the other team.

Also what is up with that spammer above dragging me into his post? That's the first time I've seen a spammer use a quote post like that.[/quote]

the problem is at home, they don't get called for holding...

[quote name='DJSteel']it was a stupid sentence..especially since the Pats are the team that barely gets penalties called on them...[/quote]

Nope, the league just makes rule changes to shaft them and the way they tried to disrupt the timing of the Colts offense.

Getting penalties called or not called on you is often the result of a well coached team. That's why the Colts as another example don't get loads of penalties called against them.

If you were to say "The Patriots never get called for holding" I wouldn't be able to say anything, because I don't watch the Pats enough to comment. Penalties as a whole, on the otherhand, are many times directly attributed to the coaching staff.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Nope, the league just makes rule changes to shaft them and the way they tried to disrupt the timing of the Colts offense.

Getting penalties called or not called on you is often the result of a well coached team. That's why the Colts as another example don't get loads of penalties called against them.

If you were to say "The Patriots never get called for holding" I wouldn't be able to say anything, because I don't watch the Pats enough to comment. Penalties as a whole, on the otherhand, are many times directly attributed to the coaching staff.[/quote]

i was making a joke..lol

Greatest quote EVER!
From DenverBroncos.com writer Andrew Mason:
"Favre has his own script, one he has perfected in 16 mostly brilliant seasons with the Packers. Like Mola Ram, the antagonist in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, he rips your heart out of your chest, then holds it up for all to see -- metaphorically speaking, at least."
LOL!! Well said!

Link: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=7446

bread's done
Back