NHL 09 CAG Team 2.0 - CAG Hockey Night - On Hiatus - Have a great summer! :)

I'd like to try to get in for some team play tomorrow night, i've been trying to practice increasing my offense because I feel very solid about my defense, but haven't had much play time lately. Been playing a lot of ranked games to get prepared for the next season :p

"Also, hook me up with your Animal Crossing friend code and town info, gangsta."

Really Matt, putting this sentence together made me chuckle.

I'll be on tonight, and for OTP tomorrow.

Matt.. any time between 7pm-8pm eastern I'd like to get our game in if possible... I know it isn't a huge window but I'm all about OTP... if we had to take a break from OTP, I could get our game in then. I plan on playing hockey from 7-10pm at least... hopefully the woman doesn't come home early cause then I'm stuck in Peggle-World...

ClayWiebe
CAG_bracket4-3_0001.png

New bracket (still trying to get the size right)

Mr Hockey... You... Me... It's GO Time!!! Tonight Baby!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have posted earlier.

N8Rocker and I played last night. It was mostly a defensive battle. He scored fairly early in the game (I don't remember exactly when). Then I tied it up pretty early in the 3rd period. It looked like I was doomed to play (and lose) again in overtime. But with about 20 seconds left in the game, I got the puck and headed down the ice. I deeked one way, deeked the other way, and shot (translation: I kind of whipped the right stick around randomly). The puck went through the defender's legs, past the goalie's glove, off the post, and in the net. The goal was scored with 7.3 seconds left.

Needless to say, I was very happy, and Nate was very pissed. Apparently his goalie has a bad habit of falling apart late in the game, so I guess he was completely justified in being pissed.

But, at any rate, it was good to score a goal for once. My ego couldn't handle another shutout. Here's a video of the goal.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/4684544

I Wish i knew How I could get my Videos on EA Sports World. Where do I put my Gamertag? I hate that damn site Cause I wanted to post up the Goal video from Destro and I's game where he literally put the puck in with his hand.

You should have an EA account (with your email address and what not). And you'll link it to your gamertag in the actual game. I don't remember exactly when I did it, but I think it was the first time I put the game in.

Then, on ea sports world, you sign in with your ea account, and it will ask you if you want to use your xbox gamertag as your default account or whatever. Then your videos show up there.

Sorry that was way unclear. From what I remember, I just signed in with my EA account my first time in the game, and it kind of takes care of everything else for you. It works the same way in Skate 2, fwiw.

Guys, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it for Hockey Night tonight. Tonight is the grand opening of Yankee Stadium, and there's no way I can miss that game. So, good luck to everybody who plays, and I'll have to catch you guys another time.

wife made plans for us to go out with friends... I was looking forward to hockey night... I might be on late for the east coast peeps, but it looks like I am going to be a scratch tonight.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Guys, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it for Hockey Night tonight. Tonight is the grand opening of Yankee Stadium, and there's no way I can miss that game. So, good luck to everybody who plays, and I'll have to catch you guys another time.[/quote]

Bah, Stupid Yankees. Stupid New Stadium. So I guess You won't be on, as long as it doesn't rain? I heard the weather up there is pretty shitty.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Bah, Stupid Yankees. Stupid New Stadium. So I guess You won't be on, as long as it doesn't rain? I heard the weather up there is pretty shitty.[/quote]

Haha, somebody's got some "stadium envy". That's true, though. I think the weather is shitty everywhere right now. Alan just had that snow/ice/sandstorm in CO the other day, and I'm in the western part of NC, and we've had rain for like a week and a half. So much for spring, haha.

[quote name='Cravin_Taco_Bell']Nate when/where is that game on tv?[/quote]

It starts at 7:05 PM EST and MLB.tv is broadcasting it free. They're actually broadcasting both of the Mets/Red Sox games from Citi Field today and tomorrow, and both Yanks/Cubs games from new Yankee Stadium today and tomorrow...all for free. They're trying to show off their new MLBplayer program. I just hope it works better than that shitty Silverlight player they used last year that didn't ever scale right.

I'm as big a Yankee fan as any, and I couldn't care less about tonight's game... because it's an exhibition... I think it's stupid to open the stadium before the real opening day... which I'm probably going to in 10 days or so....

I too may not be on for hockey night now, the woman says she might be home early. UGH. I just want a little hockey in my life!... 'll be there at 8 if I can with whoever is left... if not, how bout some late-night games? I'll check around 1ish too...

Matt Young, I'm home now so if you wanna get our game in anytime in like the next 3 hours or so, just PM me on CAG... i'll get it on my blackberry and hop on the hot Box... later

Thank god the Pens are peaking at the right time cuz the Pirates are god awful. They lost to a fuckin community college yesterday. God help me...

I may be able to play a couple at 8 ut I'll be bouncing after that.

Maybe a cancellation is in order?

I probably wont be on for long. 5 hours combined sleep the last two days means i'm passing out early tonight.

P.S: Does that Panther echo? :p

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm as big a Yankee fan as any, and I couldn't care less about tonight's game... because it's an exhibition... I think it's stupid to open the stadium before the real opening day... which I'm probably going to in 10 days or so....

I too may not be on for hockey night now, the woman says she might be home early. UGH. I just want a little hockey in my life!... 'll be there at 8 if I can with whoever is left... if not, how bout some late-night games? I'll check around 1ish too...[/quote]

It may be an exhibition, but at least I can get my wife to watch the game, rather than her forcing me to play Peggle again. Come on. It's the first game at the new Stadium. I agree that it being a spring training game makes it lose a little luster, but it's still the first game. Keep convincing yourself that you don't care ;), but in the words of Steve Carrell, "you should keep your ho on a leash", lol. You can't hear me right now, but I'm making a whip cracking noise at your expense. (Just in case there's any confusion, this is guy talk. I'm just fucking with you, but as a Yankee fan, you needed a kick in the nuts)

On a serious note, Destro, are you planning on accepting your invite to the MLB 09 league any time soon? The draft is this Tuesday. Your friend NoNova has been MIA as well.

I told him to accept it, I just haven't been on my PS3 at all.. I was going to go accept last night, and the system wanted me to upgrade and I didn't have time after that... I'll accept tonight and call my friend Nate... I told him to check the boards once a day... I'll re-tell, scold him.

My woman is all about Peggle too, it's fun but I'm starting to get sick of it... I just downloaded like 40 bucks worth of songs on Rock Band to play tonight so maybe we'll do that.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I have a feeling that at 8PM this 50 cent game is going to wear off on me.[/quote]

Did you find your skull?

signed in the league... talked to nate as well, he should be in tomorrow.

I'll be on at 8 I think, we'll see how much time I can actually play.

[quote name='moojuice']Is it as ridiculous as it's made out to be?[/quote]

Yes, Yes it is. But yet I still keep playing. I love how he talks to him self in the Third Person ALOT.

[quote name='ChunkyB']Did you find your skull?[/quote]

Nope. I havn't gotten that far yet. :(

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm as big a Yankee fan as any, and I couldn't care less about tonight's game... because it's an exhibition... I think it's stupid to open the stadium before the real opening day... which I'm probably going to in 10 days or so....

I too may not be on for hockey night now, the woman says she might be home early. UGH. I just want a little hockey in my life!... 'll be there at 8 if I can with whoever is left... if not, how bout some late-night games? I'll check around 1ish too...

Matt Young, I'm home now so if you wanna get our game in anytime in like the next 3 hours or so, just PM me on CAG... i'll get it on my blackberry and hop on the hot Box... later[/QUOTE]

I was at a psychiatrist appointment when you posted that. I just got home. I'm going out to eat in 30 minutes or so. I will join you guys when I get back, and Destro, if you can play then that'd be great. The 1 A.M. Eastern thing, I could definitely do. I should be back home no later than 11 Eastern, actually.

[quote name='Panther1484']Thank god the Pens are peaking at the right time cuz the Pirates are god awful. They lost to a fuckin community college yesterday. God help me...

I may be able to play a couple at 8 ut I'll be bouncing after that.[/QUOTE]

I read that on todays news. Thats embarrising. Go pirates! ( I hate baseball so I don't really care if they suck)

I can't believe the pens. Half way in I thought they were done. No chance of making the playoffs. They have turned it up! I thought the trades wrere terrible! The newbies fit in really well though!

That was fun, but incredibly frustrating. Cheaters galore. At least Jello got his hat trick.

Good games to those that came out- Jello, Cravin, Azu, DarkTower, Captain Obvious... I think I'm forgetting someone.

Destro, I take it the lady kept you "occupied"? ;)

[quote name='Matt Young']That was fun, but incredibly frustrating. Cheaters galore. At least Jello got his hat trick.

Good games to those that came out- Jello, Cravin, Azu, DarkTower, Captain Obvious... I think I'm forgetting someone.

Destro, I take it the lady kept you "occupied"? ;)[/quote]

No, actually, we played some rock band and BUZZ after I played a few games with the fellas... then she went to bed because she had to work this morning... I hadn't eating since I had a piece of chicken at noon, yet I had almost two bottles of wine... I tried to watch TV or play games at 1 AM but I woke up at 720 on the couch. I dunno... I'm stupid.

Great times though, wish I could have played all night.

Matt, if you're around before 4 PM EST today PM me... if not, I'm around all day tomorrow pretty much.

Go UConn.

You know, I was there till 11. Then my friend came over and I had to leave abruptly. For some reason he hates watching me playing Right D when he thinks I can play Center and score non stop. If only he saw my number of goals for the OTP. Like 10 lol.

[quote name='moojuice']P.S: Does that Panther echo? :p[/quote]

No no this headset this headset is working is working pretty good pretty good.. I may I may be getting be getting a new a new one soon one soon.... ;)

Sorry I missed last night. My friends said they wanted to go out a little earlier, and we ended up out till 2. I'll get on one of these ays. :)

And might I add I almost got the Streaker achievement if it wasn't for Ryan Miller sucking for team USA and letting up a slap shot with 2 seconds left in the third...I know what you were going through Nate haha. :)

[quote name='DestroVega']No, actually, we played some rock band and BUZZ after I played a few games with the fellas... then she went to bed because she had to work this morning... I hadn't eating since I had a piece of chicken at noon, yet I had almost two bottles of wine... I tried to watch TV or play games at 1 AM but I woke up at 720 on the couch. I dunno... I'm stupid.

Great times though, wish I could have played all night.

Matt, if you're around before 4 PM EST today PM me... if not, I'm around all day tomorrow pretty much.

Go UConn.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get to sleep till after 9 A.M. Eastern, so I just woke up a little while ago. Tomorrow, I may be able to play before 7 Eastern, but I can't make any promises. I can guarantee that I can play at 11 Eastern or after. Is 11 too late, if I'm not around earlier? I'm watching WrestleMania from 7-11 Eastern.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']you going to be tonight cap?[/QUOTE]

Hey, once Cravin sends you TNA Impact, wanna boost for online achievements? The achievements seem to be glitched, since Cravin tired to help me with Planet Jarrett last night. But maybe we can help each other achieve TNA champion status. ;)

Im going to call in today to have thme ship the return box to me. I'll then towel trick it untill it red rings again.

I guess I'll just forfit our game so you guys can move on.

When was your 360 made Mr Hockey? I got mine after the Sept price cut and it was made in April of last year. I know I don't have the jasper, but mine has been running good for me (knock on wood). Is it too late for me to get a waranty on it since I didn't get one efore cuz I was low on cash?

Also do season expectations count towards contracts or stats? I've been simming the first two periods of a game in my career and then jumping in at the third period. I figure this will help the season go faster, but I don't want to get sent down to peoria again...blah..

Thats how I did my last three seasons. If you get the meassage saying you need to be more hands on play a game. So they won't cut you.

My xbox is an original

[quote name='Panther1484']I figure this will help the season go faster, but I don't want to get sent down to peoria again...blah..[/quote]

What's wrong with Peoria.......
I live like 20 mins away...haha

[quote name='AK85']What's wrong with Peoria.......
I live like 20 mins away...haha
[/quote]

Haha nothing at all. I'm not a fan of playing AHL games, esp when the schedule for them is like first half of the season home and the second half away. Its too much of the same.

I don't remember who else was looking for NHL 2K9 at under $20 but it was Amazon that has it. It is $18. I figure I might as well try it for that price.

Edit: The best part is that the 360 version is cheaper than the PS2 version which is $19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cubs2321']I don't remember who else was looking for NHL 2K9 at under $20 but it was Amazon that has it. It is $18. I figure I might as well try it for that price.

Edit: The best part is that the 360 versaion is cheaper than the PS2 version which is $19.99.[/QUOTE]

That was me. Thanks for the info.

CAG_bracket4-3_0001.png

An up date for the bracket (it's not enter in the graphic). Mr. Hockey had to pull out because of his broken box...(your dirty minds), and I am leaving for 11 days, and instead of holding up the tourney we are going to let Vulcan242 move on to face ShadyMarino. Keep going guys it's almost done, good luck and have fun. I'll have a beer for each one of you.

bread's done
Back