NHL 09 CAG Team 2.0 - CAG Hockey Night - On Hiatus - Have a great summer! :)

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']What team is that from? Do you guys have a different team?[/quote]

That was the old CAG team...from way back. Notice the date on the video shows 12/18/2008. ;)

A couple stupid questions for you guys. First of all, it seems like you have to use your BAP player in the league? So the only way to have a better player online is to play the offline mode? And second, I'm guessing I have to be invited to the club? Should I send a message to someone in particular or can any of you invite me if I message you?

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']A couple stupid questions for you guys. First of all, it seems like you have to use your BAP player in the league? So the only way to have a better player online is to play the offline mode? And second, I'm guessing I have to be invited to the club? Should I send a message to someone in particular or can any of you invite me if I message you?[/quote]

Well, you pretty much improve your BAP character by playing online. The more games you play and the better your skater grade is, the better your player will become (you get awarded skill points for each experience card you unlock). Your offline BAP career has separate stats. And yeah, you need an invite to the club. Any of the 4 GMs can send you one. I'll send you one the next time I get on unless one of the other guys beats me to it.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']A couple stupid questions for you guys. First of all, it seems like you have to use your BAP player in the league? So the only way to have a better player online is to play the offline mode? And second, I'm guessing I have to be invited to the club? Should I send a message to someone in particular or can any of you invite me if I message you?[/quote]

Your offline character and your online character are completely different. It uses the name/number/type/etc. from your BAP character, but you need to play online to build up your online character.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That was the old CAG team...from way back. Notice the date on the video shows 12/18/2008. ;)[/QUOTE]

opps didn't see the date.

I'll be on around 9 PST tonight if anyone wants to play. I know that's late for some of you, but I'll keep an eye out to see if anyone is on.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']We need a matt young plays every leauge game in one night night!![/QUOTE]

LOL... I don't know about that, but I've posted my availability.

Damn, scoring in this game is difficult. I've probably screwed around with the breakaway practice for a solid hour and still barely score one out of every ten times. I've tried deking coming straight at the goalie, coming at him from an angle, wraparounds... I can't really seem to get anything to work consistently. Any suggestions you guys have?

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Damn, scoring in this game is difficult. I've probably screwed around with the breakaway practice for a solid hour and still barely score one out of every ten times. I've tried deking coming straight at the goalie, coming at him from an angle, wraparounds... I can't really seem to get anything to work consistently. Any suggestions you guys have?[/quote]

Nope, That's how it is in this game sadly enough. The Goalies are Solid Brick Walls. Unless we play against a Team in Club Play, then our goalies seem to resent us and let everything in.

It can be difficult, but it's all about trying to find the "high percentage" shots. IE, if you are facing a goalie who catches with his left hand (your right) shoot high on the left, might have a better chance of a rebound, etc. Aside from the glitch goals, there really is no "Sure" goals even on breakaways, i've seen some crazy stuff go in, and some beautiful shots get blocked (or as it seems to be in my case, hit the post)

Are we gonna be doing a practice tonight? That is if we can all get on at the agreed time. Any time after 8:30 EST is fine for me. My Name Is Earl is on at 8

I would play after The Office, so 8:30 CST. But I still need to leave the old team and join the new team. I haven't played since the patch, so I will have to try to adjust a little. ;)

So what's the deal with this league? Is it ever going to finish? I've tried to set up games with Matt on a few occasions to no avail.

[quote name='Wpark83']So what's the deal with this league? Is it ever going to finish? I've tried to set up games with Matt on a few occasions to no avail.[/QUOTE]

And I've tried setting up games with others to no avail. I didn't see your PM's until recently, though. For some reason, notifications stopped popping up, so I had no idea you were messaging me.

How about today?

[quote name='Matt Young']And I've tried setting up games with others to no avail. I didn't see your PM's until recently, though. For some reason, notifications stopped popping up, so I had no idea you were messaging me.

How about today?[/quote]

Yeah, my notifications don't pop up sometimes too. I don't know what the hell that's about. I did see your message about playing Scene-It though. That would be a good time. My wife really enjoys that game too, so we could easily get at least 3 people in a game.

Back on topic, I hope everybody is ready for...

CAG Hockey Night #2 AP (After Patch) - TONIGHT - 8PM EST - 12 AM EST

I haven't had much of a chance to play NHL the past few days, so I'm ready for some Sex Panther action tonight!

I'm so Pathetic. I did Yard work, realized it was 6 then Half Assed it to finish up. THEN I was like. Great. Gotta clean and Mop. BAM! Done in an hour. SHIT! Gotta walk the dog! BAM! Done in half hour. Just got done showering and finished eating a crappy Dinner (Turkey Sandwich, Guess it's better than Dr. Pizzas Dinner! OH! BOOM BITCH!). Now I have 20 minutes to spare. So yah. Sorry for that. I think I'm ready.

If anyone wants to add me to the list I usually play on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 7:15pm till 10pm. I can play any position and my buddy is pretty good at the game too. Let me know if this works!

I quite literally just woke up, so how about between 12:45 and 1?

Also, mr. Hockey- let me know when you want to play our rematch. I was unable to get back on Friday for several hours, and you were off by the time I got back.

Any others who have yet to play me, please set up times!

[quote name='Matt Young']I quite literally just woke up, so how about between 12:45 and 1?

Also, mr. Hockey- let me know when you want to play our rematch. I was unable to get back on Friday for several hours, and you were off by the time I got back.

Any others who have yet to play me, please set up times![/quote]

I'll probably be on live around that time. Send me a msg whenever you're on since we aren't on each other's FL's.

Matt, please don't tell me after telling me you'd play after you played MooJuice and after I waited a fucking hour for you, you got off line without as much as a message to me telling me you couldn't play. Please don't tell me that.

No, I tried messaging you after the game ended, but it wouldn't go through. Waited for a message from you and didn't get anything, so I got off after 15 minutes or so to watch the remainder of the Lakers game.

I'm trying to get these games done, too, so we can move on to the playoffs. I've played 3 games already today in the first couple hours I was awake, so I'm trying.

So I guess my four invites to the game didn't come through to you either. You guys who like to play as offline might want to try and set your status to online when playing games, that might have something to do with it.

Had fun playing on Friday night guys. I'm back at my apartment now, and as many were overjoyed to find out, I got an new official headset. No more headaches when I talk. :D

Looking forward to playoffs, although I think the layoff between league games realy got to me. I'm gonna have to do some serious practicing before the playoffs. ;)

LEAGUE NEWS

Ok, here's the deal: I know most of us are done, and the rest have no more than around 4 more games to play. I'm going to extend the deadline to this Friday, 8PM EST. Players who will do not have their games finished will be removed on a case by case basis. In other words, use this thread to schedule games, as I will use that for evaluation. Any person who is kicked and wants to play in the next league will be seeded at the bottom of the team selection draft.

In addition, if the majority wants it run that way, I will be much more strict in the enforcement of rules in the next league, meaning one warning, if any, then an automatic boot.

So, Matt, when are you going to be around? You're my only game left to play. I'm around at night from 8 EST to 12 EST usually

bread's done
Back