NHL 09 CAG Team - CAG Game Night - Fridays @ 10 PM EST

I am still into the NHL... not as much as 96 when I new basically every single teams entire roster. I didn't know the cover guy either and I watch the NHL still. wtf, was Crosby or Ovechkin busy?

[quote name='DestroVega']I am still into the NHL... not as much as 96 when I new basically every single teams entire roster. I didn't know the cover guy either and I watch the NHL still. wtf, was Crosby or Ovechkin busy?[/quote]

They chose a defensive player since they added all of the new controls/upgrades on the defense.

Wow, this is the first video footage I've seen of this game. I've got to say that it looks great, I can't wait to start a franchise and dominate with Gordy Howe. Even though I can't remember what team he plays for I heard he's a really good hockey player

[quote name='FrankySox']Wow, this is the first video footage I've seen of this game. I've got to say that it looks great, I can't wait to start a franchise and dominate with Gordy Howe. Even though I can't remember what team he plays for I heard he's a really good hockey player[/quote]

He used to play for the Red Wings but is retired. He is one of the all-time greatest players in hockey.

I really liked the injury video and how the player will just lay on the ground until the possession changes.

[quote name='FrankySox']Wow, this is the first video footage I've seen of this game. I've got to say that it looks great, I can't wait to start a franchise and dominate with Gordy Howe. Even though I can't remember what team he plays for I heard he's a really good hockey player[/quote]

LMAO... this is the post of the year, especially if you are being serious.

How close to the games release would be a good time to start a thread about a CAG 12-16 team league?

p.s.
I also call the Penguiins in any said league

[quote name='ajh2298']How close to the games release would be a good time to start a thread about a CAG 12-16 team league?

p.s.
I also call the Penguiins in any said league[/quote]

not what we're doing, but very good...

[quote name='omgu8myrice']im in! if theres still room, put my anywhere except goalie[/quote]

Check out the second post and choose a number isn't already taken. Then at the bottom there is a listing of what positions are currently open. Then just post what number and position you want and I'll add you in.

[quote name='SVxM']I can't wait to play! I hope to get my 360 back from the repair center before the release.[/quote]

How long ago did you send it in?

[quote name='RawisJericho']How long ago did you send it in?[/quote]

Just a week ago. They told me to phone them in two weeks if they don't send it back from repair. I hope to get it before. Crossed fingers!

[quote name='SVxM']Just a week ago. They told me to phone them in two weeks if they don't send it back from repair. I hope to get it before. Crossed fingers![/quote]

I think it should be back to you in time for NHL :)

I'd love to get in. Any forward position would be great, but center is first choice. #33 Gamer Tag is Gillums.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its only your team. IGN said that chatting with your teammates is hard enough to get used to so I'm sure its only team chat

I'd sure like to get in, as it sounds like a blast. I'll be getting it at launch, but I'm up such late hours (post-midnight MTN time) that I'm not sure that I'd be able to get in on most games.

That, and both #6 and #66 have been claimed. :)

Operation Sports has had QA sessions for NHL 09
http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=656
http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=648
http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=641
http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=633

Lubey: For the EASHL, if you have six people from your team online, but none are goalies, can one of them play goalie and still have reasonable ratings?

Andy Agostini: All EA Sports Hockey League players will be able to play goalie and they will all start out with a basic template for being a goalie based on what goalie type they chose. As the user earns hockey cards online they will receive attribute points both as a player and a goalie. Now as we have found out playing games here at our studio. Anybody can play goalie but not everybody is great at it. So everybody will be able to play goalie and have reasonable ratings it’s the skill in which that player plays goalie that will affect things for his team.

kerosene31: Have the goalie controls been refined or tweaked at all?

SR: The goalie controls themselves are similar to 08 (we tweaked the hug post control, and made the movement control less twitchy). We have also added new goalie animations and improved the overall feel.

Demo is out today. Feels exactly like 08 except that checking seems more effective. Not sure this is worth $60. Might just stick with 08 for now.

[quote name='screwkick']Demo is out today. Feels exactly like 08 except that checking seems more effective. Not sure this is worth $60. Might just stick with 08 for now.[/quote]

If you don't think the Be A Pro mode or online mode alone is worth 60 bucks, find another thread.

This game is nasty and it will consume my life for the immeadiate future.

[quote name='Wpark83']If you don't think the Be A Pro mode or online mode alone is worth 60 bucks, find another thread.

This game is nasty and it will consume my life for the immeadiate future.[/quote]

That's exactly what I was going to say. The online mode makes this game worth it by itself.

I'm hoping we don't have to use the "Be a pro" camera when we play in that mode.
I prefer the excellent default camera.

The only problem I have with the Be a Pro camera is how difficult it is to see teammates when looking to pass the puck, your peripheral vision is really limited with the default camera. Also I noticed when you take control of the puck sometimes the camera will rotate right behind your player, which in my experiences can be disorienting.

[quote name='Costa']I just got the RROD, man NHL09 is out next week and I wont get my 360 back for 3 weeks.[/quote]

buy another one, it'll be worth it

[quote name='Matt Young']All the store ads in the deals forum say the game will be available between 2-4 P.M. on Wednesday the 10th.[/quote]

Did you send off for NHL yet? I did on Tuesday.

i just played the be a pro mode, and i thought it was really cool. But am i doing this right? There is no speed burst button, no spin button? The whole game is controlled with the left and right stick and RT to pass?

[quote name='GenghisJohn']i just played the be a pro mode, and i thought it was really cool. But am i doing this right? There is no speed burst button, no spin button? The whole game is controlled with the left and right stick and RT to pass?[/quote]

No speed burst and the face buttons/bumpers also does different things. Pause the game and look at your controller settings for the full list.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Can I still claim that last Right Wing position?[/quote]

Which number do you want?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/908/908072p1.html

IGN Review- 9 out of 10

Closing Comments
NHL 09 isn’t just a great hockey game, it’s one of the best sports games to be released in the last decade. It takes the right analog stick controls first pioneered in last year’s game and pushes them forward ever so slightly while pouring on features that everyone from newbies to diehards will appreciate. The only question remaining is how they’ll follow this sports game of the year contender once next season rolls around.

I'll be picking this up next thursday when i get paid, the demo was amazing, and although the camera is a bit iffy in Be a Pro, it'll be easy to adjust to.

I'll be able to play with you guys saturday since i work nights usually.

[quote name='slickkill77']http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/908/908072p1.html

IGN Review- 9 out of 10

Closing Comments
NHL 09 isn’t just a great hockey game, it’s one of the best sports games to be released in the last decade. It takes the right analog stick controls first pioneered in last year’s game and pushes them forward ever so slightly while pouring on features that everyone from newbies to diehards will appreciate. The only question remaining is how they’ll follow this sports game of the year contender once next season rolls around.[/quote]

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: I can't wait!

bread's done
Back