Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

[quote name='Jodou']OK, as long as it's in your main recommendations page you should be good. I'm surprised you didn't get it right away, but it will show up eventually. The only thing I can recommend is re-rating Halo Reach and hope for the best tomorrow.[/QUOTE]I will do that when I get home. I might have got that wii game because I bought house of the dead about 4 months ago. So you dont think that rating halo 3 will help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one I forgot I had until cleaning out some e-mail, in July I had gotten Max Payne 3 for 360. Canceled when Amazon would not apply my ECA, waiting to get it again!

Great thread, OP. I didn't know some games are extremely rare to impossible to show up. I've been trying to get Final Fantasy XIII to show up since April and always wondered why it never appeared.

[quote name='gamer1233']I will do that when I get home. I might have got that wii game because I bought house of the dead about 4 months ago. So you dont think that rating halo 3 will help?[/QUOTE]
It can't hurt to try, as long as you make sure to clean out anything Halo 3 adds to your recommendations that you don't want.

[quote name='Reira']Great thread, OP. I didn't know some games are extremely rare to impossible to show up. I've been trying to get Final Fantasy XIII to show up since April and always wondered why it never appeared.[/QUOTE]

It's annoying isn't it? :bomb:

They do it with the most random items too (Brutal Legend) and even some fairly popular games (Assassin's Creed II, FF13).

And I'm now trying for :psp: LittleBigPlanet and Sakura Wars (have both PS2 and Wii versions in my Gold Box) so let's see if we can make those appear.

You may even want to consider making a list of ineligible games Jodou, as people ask countless times about some games (I know I and others asked multiple times all over the place about Demon's Souls, Brutal Legend, and FF13) I'd be glad to help maintain it with all the games I seem to get denied :p

[quote name='Nirron']You may even want to consider making a list of ineligible games Jodou, as people ask countless times about some games (I know I and others asked multiple times all over the place about Demon's Souls, Brutal Legend, and FF13) I'd be glad to help maintain it with all the games I seem to get denied :p[/QUOTE]
I considered it as an option a while back, but it's not in the spirit of the original idea behind it. I want people to have a goal to shoot for in their quick picks and it telling them all the games that can't show up is somewhat discouraging. I'm satisfied with how the list works for now, but if more people request it I'll reconsider.

So I'm trying to get Silent Hill: Shattered Memories to show up tomorrow in my quick picks. I've listed myself as having all of the previous Silent Hill games, and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is now number one on my list of "recommended titles". Does this mean I've done it all correctly, and should I list myself as owning the Silent Hill books for good measure? I was adding them earlier but more and more books started showing up in my recommendations so I took them out of my purchased list.

Thank you for having this thread. It's going be be saving me a nice bit of change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ohram']So I'm trying to get Silent Hill: Shattered Memories to show up tomorrow in my quick picks. I've listed myself as having all of the previous Silent Hill games, and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is now number one on my list of "recommended titles". Does this mean I've done it all correctly, and should I list myself as owning the Silent Hill books for good measure? I was adding them earlier but more and more books started showing up in my recommendations so I took them out of my purchased list.

Thank you for having this thread. It's going be be saving me a nice bit of change.[/QUOTE]
If it's in your recommendations and you removed everything else that you don't want, you're golden.

Egads! Holy crappy quick picks batman! I finally got 8 in there, it's been like 2-4 past week almost, and 7 of them are absolutely worthless things dealing with printers and dish washers and crap. Luckily, the 8th item is kingdom hearts for the ds which I just took off my not interested list today. Eca + goldbox + 5$ off + 10$ coupon for next game purchase means the game is going to be like 13$. I don't even really want it, but seriously, 13 bucks? I could probably sell it for double that when I get it. I don't know, we'll see =)

[quote name='Jodou']If it's in your recommendations and you removed everything else that you don't want, you're golden.[/QUOTE]

So, I have to delete everything that's recommended to me until it's just Silent Hill: Shattered Memories or does the list just go on forever? Because I've deleted a lot so far.

Doesn't matter either way now. Just tore through about 30 pages I'm assuming, maybe I'm exaggerating. ONE GAME. ONE GOAL. ONE MISSION.

[quote name='ohram']So, I have to delete everything that's recommended to me until it's just Silent Hill: Shattered Memories or does the list just go on forever? Because I've deleted a lot so far.

Doesn't matter either way now. Just tore through about 30 pages I'm assuming, maybe I'm exaggerating. ONE GAME. ONE GOAL. ONE MISSION.[/QUOTE]
Yes! Everything in your recommendations is a potential quick pick, so you never want anything in there that is not your target. If you're only aiming for Silent Hill, then that is the only thing you should have in there.

Alright, so I've been having some trouble messing with my quick picks. I keep getting a bunch of Blu Rays (bad ones) in my quick picks, but no games I want. I've added a bunch of stuff to "Things I Own" from my reccomendations, a lot of which were Blu's, so I guess that's why they keep popping up.

The main thing I'm interested in getting in my gold box is Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition. I've tried saying I own everything frequently bought with it and have given the games 5 stars, but no luck thus far.

The only games that I remember showing up are Scribblenauts (I own nothing DS), and Muramasa (I recently bought Wii Sports Resort + a Perfect Shot gun). I've also tried saying I own MW2 and then "unowning" it, but that hasn't worked either.

[quote name='lolwut?']Alright, so I've been having some trouble messing with my quick picks. I keep getting a bunch of Blu Rays (bad ones) in my quick picks, but no games I want. I've added a bunch of stuff to "Things I Own" from my reccomendations, a lot of which were Blu's, so I guess that's why they keep popping up.

The main thing I'm interested in getting in my gold box is Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition. I've tried saying I own everything frequently bought with it and have given the games 5 stars, but no luck thus far.

The only games that I remember showing up are Scribblenauts (I own nothing DS), and Muramasa (I recently bought Wii Sports Resort + a Perfect Shot gun). I've also tried saying I own MW2 and then "unowning" it, but that hasn't worked either.[/QUOTE]Yeah, remove all those BDs from your owned section, because they won't get you any games. As for MW2, I don't think anyone will get this one, let alone collector's editions because it's too hot of a title. I've not seen one person say they got MW2 in their quick picks, so it's safe to abandon killing yourself trying to get it.

I use a 3-day rule: if it doesn't show up by then, it's never going to. Never meaning either Amazon doesn't have it flagged or the items I owned/purchased/rated won't do the trick.

Hmm, makes sense. I never got Wii Sports Resort to show up in there either though (or the Perfect Shot), and I tried the same things with both of those.

At what point do quick picks usually update? I still have the same ones from yesterday. I'm hoping they change when the lightning deals start, unless I somehow got the same quick picks two days in a row.

[quote name='guyver2077']wtf. i followed the first post and today got nothing but books and cds[/QUOTE]

Did you go to improve my recommendations and mark off all the books and cds you bought? Even one can screw you up from what I saw.

Can add :ps2: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love to the eligible titles. Can't confirm it but I'd be pretty surprised if the Wii version wasn't eligible as well.

I just got that in my Quick Picks today along with the God of War collection. I kind of want to get it, but I already own and have completed both GoW 1 and 2.

[quote name='Nirron']Can add :ps2: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love to the eligible titles. Can't confirm it but I'd be pretty surprised if the Wii version wasn't eligible as well.

I just got that in my Quick Picks today along with the God of War collection. I kind of want to get it, but I already own and have completed both GoW 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]
Appreciate it, but only confirmed games make the list.

[quote name='ohram']At what point do quick picks usually update? I still have the same ones from yesterday. I'm hoping they change when the lightning deals start, unless I somehow got the same quick picks two days in a row.[/QUOTE]
Per the FAQ: "note: actual update times vary from person-to-person and day-to-day."

[quote name='ohram']Did you go to improve my recommendations and mark off all the books and cds you bought? Even one can screw you up from what I saw.[/QUOTE]

i could of sworn i got to them all but i found a few real old items that i had not unchecked... guess we'll see now. thx

[quote name='ohram']At what point do quick picks usually update? I still have the same ones from yesterday. I'm hoping they change when the lightning deals start, unless I somehow got the same quick picks two days in a row.[/QUOTE]

Not only does it update at different times for people, it might eventually change times for you. I don't know if it has something to do with when you log on, or when is the first time you check or just randomly from their side of things. I have two amazon accounts and they used to update pretty much around the same time but now there seems to be a massive gap(like 6-10 HOURS) inbetween.

[quote name='ohram']So, I have to delete everything that's recommended to me until it's just Silent Hill: Shattered Memories or does the list just go on forever? Because I've deleted a lot so far.

Doesn't matter either way now. Just tore through about 30 pages I'm assuming, maybe I'm exaggerating. ONE GAME. ONE GOAL. ONE MISSION.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing but I removed everything except KH 358/2 Days and it showed up this morning along with some perfume. :whistle2:s You can't beat $13.89 (including $10 GC) for a new release DS game.

A few additions:
:ds: Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
:ds: Slingo Quest

:wii:? MySims Kingdom: Prima Official Game Guide
:wii: Wii MotionPlus
:wii: Official Nintendo Wii Wheel

The last one brings up an interesting question. The FAQ says:
What disqualifies an item for Quick Picks?
Items in your wish list, cart, or existing purchases/pre-orders will not show up...
However, the Wii wheel is in my cart and still shows up in the quick picks once in a while.

[quote name='basketb']The last one brings up an interesting question. The FAQ says:
However, the Wii wheel is in my cart and still shows up in the quick picks once in a while.[/QUOTE]
Understood, it does happen with certain items from time to time, but for the most part it will not. Rather than confuse people, I just state that it will disqualify it.

[quote name='basketb']
However, the Wii wheel is in my cart and still shows up in the quick picks once in a while.[/QUOTE]

I've seen the wii wheel multiple times myself. I think some items are flagged to show up REALLY often, like uncharted 2 which I got even after marking not interested and someone else after already pre-ordering.

Finally had something useful show up in my Gold Box, Heavy Rain. Tossed it a PO with an ECA code.

I guess they must have seen me not bite on anything from it, though I pre-ordered Demon's Souls and GOW Collection recently, so they thought to toss something else PS3-related in there. We'll see if other things show up worthwhile.

So I was looking in my quick picks and received 9 games. While they're posted already I had a question. Ace Attorney Miles Edge Worth was 39.99 while at Gamestop its 29.99. Also GOlden sun is charged 39.99 while its really 34.99 at msrp. So for the gold box, if I pre-ordered it would the discount still take in effect? for example, I received 17% off Golden sun making it 33$ however if Amazon changed the price to 34.99 would they take off an additional 17% like before?

[quote name='nintendofan9999']So I was looking in my quick picks and received 9 games. While they're posted already I had a question. Ace Attorney Miles Edge Worth was 39.99 while at Gamestop its 29.99. Also GOlden sun is charged 39.99 while its really 34.99 at msrp. So for the gold box, if I pre-ordered it would the discount still take in effect? for example, I received 17% off Golden sun making it 33$ however if Amazon changed the price to 34.99 would they take off an additional 17% like before?[/QUOTE]
Per the FAQ: "With pre-orders this will only lock in the discount percentage, so a price drop will cause the actual amount to be recalculated."

Did you order something else from your quick picks without saving the original page? That would negate the deal on everything else except the item(s) you already ordered. If that's not true, it's some kind of bug or glitch, is all I can think off.

[quote name='Jodou']It can't hurt to try, as long as you make sure to clean out anything Halo 3 adds to your recommendations that you don't want.[/QUOTE]Heh maybe I shouldn't have did that. I didn't get a single game in my gold box. So I took Halo 3 off, I couldn't find what halo 3 added in my recommendations so I thought I was good. The Halo 3 soundtrack showed up in my gold box with some dvds due to a few dvd purchases. I cleaned all of that up so hopefully I will get some games tomorrow.

[quote name='Vortextk']Did you order something else from your quick picks without saving the original page? That would negate the deal on everything else except the item(s) you already ordered. If that's not true, it's some kind of bug or glitch, is all I can think off.[/QUOTE]
Nope. I have never bought anything from the quick picks. :/

Alright everyone, I've got a question. How do I keep from getting stuff I don't want in my Quick Picks? Specifically PS3, Wii, and Blu Ray stuff? I'm figuring the other stuff out, random pet stuff and music, but these still show up in my picks. I'm going to guess there isn't really anything I can do to avoid those, is there?

[quote name='craven_fiend']Alright everyone, I've got a question. How do I keep from getting stuff I don't want in my Quick Picks? Specifically PS3, Wii, and Blu Ray stuff? I'm figuring the other stuff out, random pet stuff and music, but these still show up in my picks. I'm going to guess there isn't really anything I can do to avoid those, is there?[/QUOTE]
You will always get junk in your quick picks if you don't have enough in your recommendations to build off of. If you have like three pages of recommendations, chances are you will get an entire quick picks full of those options. If you only have 3-5 in there, then you will get a mixture of junk with those. Sometimes you will just get junk thanks to luck of the draw.

Nothing you can do about it.

Wow! Great post and thread. I just spent the past 4 days cleaning up and organizing my recommendations, kind of a pain but hopefully it will pay off soon. I have two things I wanted to share that happened to me in the process.

1) I've had Infamous in my Shopping Cart area for a few days now, specifically under Saved Items to Buy Later, in order to influence related games I want. Well today, I actually got Infamous in my quick picks. I wasn't expecting that.

2) I noticed sometimes you'll have to check Not Interested for some games multiple times... not exactly sure why. For example, I clicked I owned Legend of Zelda Minish Cap and it recommended Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past w/ Four Swords. I clicked Not Interested and moved on. The following day, I got to Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures, which I clicked I owned, and again it recommended the same Zelda Gameboy game. It happened for a couple of other things, though not frequently.

Now I've got a question I was hoping to get some wisdom on. I've preordered Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Uncharted 2, and God of War Collection. In the order I have a $10 gift code from Batman AA and 10% off from ECA. If I cancel this order, will my ECA discount and $10 GC go back in my cart for future use? I'm trying to figure out if I should work the quick picks harder on these specific games.

[quote name='gamer1233']Heh maybe I shouldn't have did that. I didn't get a single game in my gold box. So I took Halo 3 off, I couldn't find what halo 3 added in my recommendations so I thought I was good. The Halo 3 soundtrack showed up in my gold box with some dvds due to a few dvd purchases. I cleaned all of that up so hopefully I will get some games tomorrow.[/QUOTE]I didn't get it today. Should I go through my recommendations and click not interested on pretty much everything except odst?

[quote name='hiromano']Now I've got a question I was hoping to get some wisdom on. I've preordered Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Uncharted 2, and God of War Collection. In the order I have a $10 gift code from Batman AA and 10% off from ECA. If I cancel this order, will my ECA discount and $10 GC go back in my cart for future use? I'm trying to figure out if I should work the quick picks harder on these specific games.[/QUOTE]
Yes, any discounts or coupons from a canceled order will show up immediately for your next purchase.

Alright guys, I got bored and decided to cancel all my gold pick orders and see just how much damage I could do in one days worth of quick picks. Targets were Uncharted 2, God of War III, God of War: Collection, Heavy Rain, and The Last Guardian. In order to manipulate my picks, I used faux pre-orders for Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3), Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time, and Demon's Souls: Deluxe Edition. Let's see how I did this morning:
QuickPicks.jpg

Not to rub it in but this was my first attempt at something ridiculous like this. Yes, I'm a braggart but the point is that it can be done, so don't get frustrated! Don't be afraid to ask for help either, as I'll do my best to help you guys get your picks.

NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII! WOOHOOOOOO! I even had an ECA code ready for it! I am very happy :)

I wish ECA didn't go down though. Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story wouldn't have went to waste yesterday. Ahh well :whistle2:X

bread's done
Back