Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

Just got in my Gold Box (stuff not on the list):
:wii: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
:wii: Resident Evil Zero

I'm about down to stuff I know is ineligible in terms of upcoming games I want in my Gold Box. It saddens me, as this has become kind of an addiction, like playing the market :p Keep up the good work on maintaining this awesome thread sir. I had Red Steel 2 in there, but the bitter taste of the last one has me holding off to at least see if there are as many glaring issues as there were with the last.

My picks have been pretty lame the last few days... I did get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 but I own the 360 version, and its untouched, so I passed.

Seems like I'm getting hit lots of strategy guides.

No luck with the 360 version of Alpha Protocol and/or Saboteur... Saboteur I haven't really tried to nail down yet but I have like 6 or so 5 star links to Alpha Protocol. Sort of depressing.

(Though I don't think I have any valid ECA codes right now so its probably mute.)

[quote name='Nirron']I'm about down to stuff I know is ineligible in terms of upcoming games I want in my Gold Box. It saddens me, as this has become kind of an addiction, like playing the market :p Keep up the good work on maintaining this awesome thread sir. I had Red Steel 2 in there, but the bitter taste of the last one has me holding off to at least see if there are as many glaring issues as there were with the last.[/QUOTE]
I know right?! That's why I canceled my orders and started all over again just to have some fun with it. Oh and for some reason when two games are eligible for free release date shipping using the Amazon Prime trial, they cancel each other out in the same order! I did some testing and found out that Demon's Souls was screwing up Uncharted 2 in my cart. After removing them both and adding U2 back, it showed the free release date shipping option again.

No biggie since I'm not entirely sold on DS yet and waiting on a solid review of the US version.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII! WOOHOOOOOO! I even had an ECA code ready for it! I am very happy :)[/QUOTE]
Glad it finally showed up for ya; guess I owe you that free ECA account since it took so long lol!

[quote name='gamer1233']I didn't get it today. Should I go through my recommendations and click not interested on pretty much everything except odst?[/QUOTE]
Hmm, it sounds like there's not a strong enough connection to ODST.

You already have Halo Reach pre-ordered, so add MW2 and Assassin's Creed 2 for 360. Also, cancel your Halo Reach order and order it again with the other two. If you already have either of those two pre-ordered, then just unrate it, refresh the page, and rate it again. This will shake up the list and put them at the top. If not, just remember to rate them all 5-stars when they show up in your items owned. I'm 99% sure this will do the trick.

Lastly, it's getting very close to the release date and I'd hate for you to miss out on the $10 promotion (plus the $5 coupon HALOODST, if that's still working), so if it doesn't make the list tomorrow you may want to evaluate the risk of versus $2.85.

[quote name='Jodou']Yes, any discounts or coupons from a canceled order will show up immediately for your next purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot.

Phew, just updated the FAQ slightly and made it more reader friendly.

From now on, I'm only going to be adding new or future releases to the list since the oddball games from years past aren't really needed. That said, thanks to everyone who has posted their quick picks! I'll stay devoted to this thread so long as you guys do. ;)

I guess running through my recommendations did some good. Currently, my gold box has the following:

Uncharted 2
Golden Sun DS
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days guide (pre-ordered the game a few days ago)
Naurto: Broken Bond guide (bought the game about a week ago though I already own the guide)
Gran Turismo 5
God Of War 3
Onkyo TX-SR876 receiver
Crank 2: High Voltage (BR)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Hmm, it sounds like there's not a strong enough connection to ODST.

You already have Halo Reach pre-ordered, so add MW2 and Assassin's Creed 2 for 360. Also, cancel your Halo Reach order and order it again with the other two. If you already have either of those two pre-ordered, then just unrate it, refresh the page, and rate it again. This will shake up the list and put them at the top. If not, just remember to rate them all 5-stars when they show up in your items owned. I'm 99% sure this will do the trick.

Lastly, it's getting very close to the release date and I'd hate for you to miss out on the $10 promotion (plus the $5 coupon HALOODST, if that's still working), so if it doesn't make the list tomorrow you may want to evaluate the risk of versus $2.85.[/QUOTE]
Ill try that. Thanks for your help it is appreciated. Should I say im not interested in games that MW2 and Assassins Creed 2 adds to my recommendations?

[quote name='gamer1233']Ill try that. Thanks for your help it is appreciated. Should I say im not interested in games that MW2 and Assassins Creed 2 adds to my recommendations?[/QUOTE]
Correct, just clear out everything but what you truly want.

[quote name='Jodou']Correct, just clear out everything but what you truly want.[/QUOTE]Ok, only thing in my recommendations is odst, so hopefully that works.:lol:

[quote name='craven_fiend']How do I get rid of them?[/QUOTE]
Don't make it your goal to get rid of stuff in your quick picks, instead try to get what you want in there along with the junk. You will never eliminate all the bad picks, but you can certainly replace them with stuff you do want.

[quote name='Jodou']Don't make it your goal to get rid of stuff in your quick picks, instead try to get what you want in there along with the junk. You will never eliminate all the bad picks, but you can certainly replace them with stuff you do want.[/QUOTE]

Alright. It just sucks that those things, somehow, show up all the time. Most of the stuff I have as interested is videogame and dvd related, yet I still get that crap.

I guess it is a good thing, since it is saving me dough.

Since I made a huge pre-order and left like 14 other games in my recommendations, I haven't gotten a game for 2 or 3 days in my quick picks =P I guess most are ineligible. Nothing I was really worried about getting though anyway, as I think I'm done with brand new releases for awhile....will deal with everything else as much below msrp, used or rental.

Hey, not sure if this was asked earlier or not in the thread, but is it normal for your quick pick list to go from 6 crappy random items to 2 decent video games deal? I've been refining my recommendations list and have noticed that each day my quick picks get smaller and smaller.

Yeah, sometimes it can take a few days to start cranking out games and others it just clicks right away.

Nothing good in my picks today, but I wasn't after anything. Wii MotionPlus, 360 wireless adapter, and a 60-day WoW game card. Amazon needs to flag more future releases to show up soon!

[quote name='Jodou']Correct, just clear out everything but what you truly want.[/QUOTE]
Only got one game in my list today, and its odst. Finally, thank you for all the help. :) Wouldn't let me use the HALOODST promo. I think it didn't work because it was in my gold box, worked fine the other day.

[quote name='gamer1233']Only got one game in my list today, and its odst. Finally, thank you for all the help. :) Wouldn't let me use the HALOODST promo. I think it didn't work because it was in my gold box, worked fine the other day.[/QUOTE]
Grats! Don't forget to cancel the other order so you get your ECA code back for use on this order. As for the code, if you already redeemed it with another order, it should automatically apply to your new one. It works just like the $10 future purchase promo, so once it ships you should see it show up in your e-mail.

Enjoy your $33 game! :D

[quote name='Jodou']Grats! Don't forget to cancel the other order so you get your ECA code back for use on this order. As for the code, if you already redeemed it with another order, it should automatically apply to your new one. It works just like the $10 future purchase promo, so once it ships you should see it show up in your e-mail.

Enjoy your $33 game! :D[/QUOTE]
Oops I didnt think about it automatically being applied. So I sent cs an email and asked them about it and they took $10.00 off my total. So my final total is 42.49. Actually they said they took $10.00 off but its really 8. Not sure if I will still get the $5 credit since they applied a $5 promotion to the order.

[quote name='gamer1233']Oops I didnt think about it automatically being applied. So I sent cs an email and asked them about it and they took $10.00 off my total. So my final total is 42.49. Actually they said they took $10.00 off but its really 8. Not sure if I will still get the $5 credit since they applied a $5 promotion to the order.[/QUOTE]
Lol, you may end up with another $15 in credit via e-mail anyways, plus the $5 in MP3's. $22.49 for ODST, very slick.

Finally a quickpick worth noting!!!

Barbie and the Three Musketeers!

I also got magna carta 2 in there =). Not going to bother though, watched the videos on it and the game just seems pretty generic, atleast for the price tag, even including GB + eca. A good 10 or 20$ purchase for me sometime down the road.

[quote name='WiredKnight']Hey guys, I just got Forza 3 in my gold box, if you want to update the list.[/QUOTE]
Wow, surprised that one wasn't on the list yet. Updated, thanks!

Got Crackdown 2 this morning after removing it from my not interested list. Guess I'll throw down a pre-order even though it's probably a year or better off still.

Toy story mania, funny not in my recs, and resonance of fate on 360. Thought it was a ps3 exclusive when I first ordered. Not sure if I want to have both going and cancel whichever one I don't want or just let the other order ride and make that decision when it's actually being released soon.

Thanks for the guide Jodou, it helped me get rid of CD's in my Quick Picks because I had downloaded song's with my free amazon mp3 credit. Hopefully now just games and movies pop up in it.

my goldbox was full today, although none of them reached my desired pricepoint to so i had to pass on them. but they were

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Golden Sun
Pokemon HeartGold
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road (apparantly a DS game that comes out next week)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

edit: well also just checked my recs, and i see in the last 10 hours at some point amazon added a bunch of random games into it, one of which was Wizard of Oz. So that explains how that got there (all the rest were in my recs already)

[quote name='y2jasper']my goldbox was full today, although none of them reached my desired pricepoint to so i had to pass on them. but they were

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Golden Sun
Pokemon HeartGold
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road (apparantly a DS game that comes out next week)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

edit: well also just checked my recs, and i see in the last 10 hours at some point amazon added a bunch of random games into it, one of which was Wizard of Oz. So that explains how that got there (all the rest were in my recs already)[/QUOTE]

They occasionally seem to ninja add recommendations, usually at the worst possible time (usually when most are asleep and unable to check that oh so important 'Not Interested' box). I got Professor Layton in my GB as well as the Muramasa Strategy Guide. Somewhat tempting to bite on Prof Layton, but I need to save some of my Amazon credit for Black Friday.

I did find a few orders from way back when that I had apparently pre-ordered sans ECA for some reason, so now I need to get to getting FF13 Versus and Dante's Inferno back in my Gold Box.

Did they just give everyone Professor Layton today? It struck me as odd that it showed up for me as well, despite having it marked not interested weeks ago.

I spent quite a bit of time mulling over my pre-orders and categorizing them as need, quick pick potential, and Black Friday candidates. I pulled the trigger too soon on my Prime trial, so I'm trying to make sure I have all my bases covered going into next month. This site has truly turned me into a cheap ass gamer lol.

Only got 2 things, none were Professor Layton or anything Video Game related. Looks like time to go through Recs tonight, since I'm still chilling in a hospital with my daughter. Day 19 of 21.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, surprised that one wasn't on the list yet. Updated, thanks![/QUOTE]

No problem. It showed up right after a night of trying to get LBP GOTY in there. Go figure.

Kinda surprised GoW:C didn't hop in my picks today, but that should be fixed tomorrow. In fact, I didn't get anything today despite two games sneaking in my recommendations overnight. Very odd.

Age of empires collector's edition today =P I doubt anyone cares since the game is 10$ originally anyway, haha. I'll be helping with whatever knowledge I have, but as for myself...I think I'm all quick picked and pre-ordered out. Now to just wait for everything to start coming in!

i got a PSP game today, Half Minute Hero (since its a pre order figured it could be added to the list).

it wasn't a game i wanted (i don't even have a PSP), and when i checked my recs, sure enough amazon had done some more ninja additions in the middle of the night.

The "fix this" link, if something is being used that you don't want used at all. If it's just that a few video game ratings/purchases are making TOO many other games and items appear, then no, you just gotta go through and get rid of each thing you don't want in there manually.

[quote name='Vortextk']The "fix this" link, if something is being used that you don't want used at all. If it's just that a few video game ratings/purchases are making TOO many other games and items appear, then no, you just gotta go through and get rid of each thing you don't want in there manually.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was afraid of that. I've knocked about 200 items from my recs and have about 1400 left to go through. I think that may be why there is so much disparity in my picks. Though I really only have media related recs, but somehow get crap in my Quick Picks.

?!?!?!?!? 1400? It's all gaming related? How many games HAVE you rated? After buying like 12 now through pre-ordering and rating/i own around another dozen, my entire not interested list is at about 500. I guess if you're hardcore trying to get games for every console and pc listed that could bump it up, I've mainly been focused on 360/ps3.

[quote name='Vortextk']?!?!?!?!? 1400? It's all gaming related? How many games HAVE you rated? After buying like 12 now through pre-ordering and rating/i own around another dozen, my entire not interested list is at about 500. I guess if you're hardcore trying to get games for every console and pc listed that could bump it up, I've mainly been focused on 360/ps3.[/QUOTE]

Not 1500 recommends for games, but overall. I generally get recommends for toys, books, computer storage (not sure why), and movies, along with games. I think I really went overboard on some stuff.

I've gotten :ps3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and :ps2: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection in my quick picks in the last week or so.

Despite that success, I can't seem to get Demon's Souls, MW2, FFXIII, or Versus to show up despite all of them being on the first page of my recommendations list. :cold:

[quote name='craven_fiend']Not 1500 recommends for games, but overall. I generally get recommends for toys, books, computer storage (not sure why), and movies, along with games. I think I really went overboard on some stuff.[/QUOTE]

All that stuff just for tie-in to video game purchases? You're sure everything else is marked as "do not use for recommendations"?

As for the last poster, Versus has shown up. DS deluxe hasn't for awhile and I haven't read about people getting XIII either. I think MW2 is MIA on quick picks as well.

bread's done
Back