*Official* NBA PLAYOFFS 2007 discussion

Dr. Buss can go fuck himself for not retaining Shaq. He fucked up big.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']How so?[/quote]"By requesting a trade, Bryant would obviously waive his no-trade clause, but he has a trade clause in his contract that is believed to add about $13 million to his total contract value, a cost to be absorbed by any team that acquires him." -from the first article.

i want josh smith in charlotte :(

maybe charlotte can trade brevin knight to atlanta (since they need a good point guard in case speedy gets injured again) and our other first round draft pick for him...

josh smith + okafor + gerald wallace = no one is gonna get a shot off inside without some weakside blockage

ahh, just a dream though :(

oh yea, tonight is the GuaranSheed game...Detroit will win

Rip's gotta score from the start and get his confidence up
Chauncey's gotta just be mr. big shot...can't be making any stupid decisions like in game 4
Prince has gotta do his thing with the post up hook and the outside shooting to spread the D
McDyess has been great, especially last game..keep that up
Maxiell has been good too, just be active on the boards
Wallace has been consistently good
Webber has just gotta make some close range shots to get his confidence up since he's not doing so hot

[quote name='swetooth9']
oh yea, tonight is the GuaranSheed game...Detroit will win

Rip's gotta score from the start and get his confidence up
Chauncey's gotta just be mr. big shot...can't be making any stupid decisions like in game 4
Prince has gotta do his thing with the post up hook and the outside shooting to spread the D
McDyess has been great, especially last game..keep that up
Maxiell has been good too, just be active on the boards
Wallace has been consistently good
Webber has just gotta make some close range shots to get his confidence up since he's not doing so hot[/quote]All they really need to do is play at least one quarter of good basketball. They haven't done that all series, and it's tied 2-2, with the losses by 6 and 4 points respectively. Even when they outscore the Cavs every third quarter, I don't know how they're doing it, because they still play like shit for 7 of the 12 minutes.

Looks like it has been confirmed that Billy Donovan will become the next head coach of the Orlando Magic. Press conference tomorrow at 11 AM.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2888555

As a Magic fan, I'm both shocked and elated that not only were they able to get Donovan but that they finally decided to pay for a big name coach. It looks like Rich Devos has finally decided to get an identity for the franchise after hiring guys like Johnny Davis and Brian Hill.

For Donovan, I think it was the best choice, having achieved everything possible at Florida and still being able to remain in the central Florida area. He's a great fit for the Magic in that they are a young team that needs a great teacher to help take them to the next level (especially Dwight Howard). With the playoff berth this season and the amount of money under the cap they are (thanks to Grant Hill's expiring contract), it looks like the Magic can become a contender in the ever-changing East.

Jim O'brien was named coach of the Pacers today too.

The winner of game 5 tonight... winner of the series. Pistons, please try to play a whole game for once since game 2 against the Bulls.

I rather like the consistency of the foul calls tonight. Drew Gooden pushes Webber, but he doesn't fall over, no call. Davis pushes Z and he does fall over, foul. :roll:

Ho. Ly. Crap.

Great game. These guys can't get a game decided until there's just tenths of seconds on the clock, can they?

While I will sadly admit that LeBron had an absolutely amazing game, it just amazes me how a team as horrible as the Cavs are doing this. NO ONE ELSE DID ANYTHING.

Oh well, at least now Bron-Bron is due for an exhausted and shitty performance in Game 6 so the Pistons can pull a repeat of last year. Which shouldn't be necessary in the least.

Don't get me wrong, at this point the Pistons don't deserve to win this series, and I don't really expect them to, but it's ludicrous that it wasn't a sweep.

Big shocker, Princess Lebron gets the most ridiculous phantom calls possible in OT, as the Cavs win... :roll:

I liked how Al Roker (Cavs coach) made out with LeBron after the game...

What's the over/under on another guaransheed game 6? Probably lose anyway, since the Princess has to get all her calls.

Phantom calls. Like the ones Prince and Billups are always making shocked faces about. Like the ones "Sheeed" is always throwing his arms around like a miffed pre-teen about.

LeBron definitely played like crazy. He hit some amazing shots, but some of those calls man... especially the OT one where he knocked over Billups, pushed off on Billups with the off arm again and then just dove through the lane tossing the ball possibly in the general direction of the basket, untouched mind you, and got a foul call, I just wanted to punch someone. Mainly a ref. Dice getting tossed was bullshit too.

Prince did play like a pussy though. Stepping out of the way so LeBron could get those dunks at the end of regulation. Seriously, where's your heart? If Detroit loses game 6, I'd strongly consider trading Tayshaun for someone with balls.

[quote name='swetooth9']aww man, i thought this game was the guaransheed game!!!111

guess it'll just have to be a repeat of last year's series... ;)[/quote]

I don't think so, the announcers usually like to jerk-off all over that, probably would've been on espn.com too. I'd imagine he'll make a guarantee in the post game, although I'd rather he just kept his mouth shut. We all know how well the guarantee worked in game 6 last year in the ECF.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Big shocker, Princess Lebron gets the most ridiculous phantom calls possible in OT, as the Cavs win... :roll:

I liked how Al Roker (Cavs coach) made out with LeBron after the game...

What's the over/under on another guaransheed game 6? Probably lose anyway, since the Princess has to get all her calls.[/quote]

Can you stop your bitching for one second and just enjoy an exciting series? Every single one of these games could have easily gone either way, and it seems that if the Pistons don't win you throw a bitchfit. Accept the fact that while both teams played awful, the Cavs played less awful tonight and picked up the win.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']LeBron definitely played like crazy. He hit some amazing shots, but some of those calls man... especially the OT one where he knocked over Billups, pushed off on Billups with the off arm again and then just dove through the lane tossing the ball possibly in the general direction of the basket, untouched mind you, and got a foul call, I just wanted to punch someone. Mainly a ref. Dice getting tossed was bullshit too.

Prince did play like a pussy though. Stepping out of the way so LeBron could get those dunks at the end of regulation. Seriously, where's your heart? If Detroit loses game 6, I'd strongly consider trading Tayshaun for someone with balls.

I don't think so, the announcers usually like to jerk-off all over that, probably would've been on espn.com too. I'd imagine he'll make a guarantee in the post game, although I'd rather he just kept his mouth shut. We all know how well the guarantee worked in game 6 last year in the ECF.[/quote]Yeah, someone will have to explain to me the reasoning for letting LeBron drive for a dunk THREE TIMES when it was tied or they had a lead instead of getting in his way and at worst giving him two free throws.

[quote name='botticus']Yeah, someone will have to explain to me the reasoning for letting LeBron drive for a dunk THREE TIMES when it was tied or they had a lead instead of getting in his way and at worst giving him two free throws.[/quote]

Seriously, once... maybe, twice... wtf? But three times? Had Laimbeer or Mahorn been back there LeBron would've got knocked the fuck out if he kept trying that. I don't fault LeBron, I blame Tayshaun for not stepping up. You can see him watching wide-mouthed on every play. Like he was hoping for a drip of LeBron semen to grace his lips.

How about that throw-away with a minute left in regulation too, excellent play TP, excellent play.

The difference between this Piston team and the Bad Boys is heart. I talked about that with my dad, and finally got him to agree, if we had a time machine and the 89-90 back to back Pistons championship team could play this team, the Isiah team would sweep the Billups team.

Maybe Ben Wallace was the heart, maybe Flip Saunders cut that out. I don't know, but if Detroit can't beat freakin' Cleveland, they need to step back this off-season and re-evaluate themselves. Think about making some major trades and possibly firing Saunders.

I'd like to see Zach Randolph here, so we'd have someone that could score consistantly in the paint. Maybe Portland would except our 15th draft pick in exchange for him.

How horrible is this, I'm already looking forward to potential off-season moves. Thanks for nothing Detroit sports. :bomb:

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']LeBron definitely played like crazy. He hit some amazing shots, but some of those calls man... especially the OT one where he knocked over Billups, pushed off on Billups with the off arm again and then just dove through the lane tossing the ball possibly in the general direction of the basket, untouched mind you, and got a foul call, I just wanted to punch someone. Mainly a ref. Dice getting tossed was bullshit too.

I don't think so, the announcers usually like to jerk-off all over that, probably would've been on espn.com too. I'd imagine he'll make a guarantee in the post game, although I'd rather he just kept his mouth shut. We all know how well the guarantee worked in game 6 last year in the ECF.[/quote]

All calls aside, Lebron was absolutely fithy!!! Did you see some of the shots he was making? WTF?!! Fade away 3's? Beating double teams and shooting 20+ footers? That was the craziest performance in a playoff game I have ever seen. The Pistons are idiots for letting Lebron even touch the ball. He was beating double teams, so triple team him. Who else was going to make a shot on the Cavs - Sasha, Donyell, Snow??? Pistons D is overrated. Just plain stupid.

What I want to see is Lebron's stats and shot percentage from 2 min. left in the 4th quarter until the end of the game. I think he only missed 1 shot - the air ball. Are you kidding me, 1 freaking shot?!!! I may be wrong, but I can't remember any other misses.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']All calls aside, Lebron was absolutely fithy!!! Did you see some of the shots he was making? WTF?!! Fade away 3's? Beating double teams and shooting 20+ footers? That was the craziest performance in a playoff game I have ever seen. The Pistons are idiots for letting Lebron even touch the ball. He was beating double teams, so triple team him. Who else was going to make a shot on the Cavs - Sasha, Donyell, Snow??? Pistons D is overrated. Just plain stupid.[/quote]Overrated, no, stupid yes. When they aren't being idiots (see most of the regular season and the first round of the playoffs), it can be pretty awesome.

But yeah, once you had Z, Gooden, and Gibson fouled out, there was no reason to not at least double team, especially on that last stupid possession they had.

[quote name='botticus']Overrated, no, stupid yes. When they aren't being idiots (see most of the regular season and the first round of the playoffs), it can be pretty awesome.

But yeah, once you had Z, Gooden, and Gibson fouled out, there was no reason to not at least double team, especially on that last stupid possession they had.[/quote]

Actually, they do play good team D, but you don't let 1 guy beat you with the game on the line, multiple times, ever! Let me put the blame where it belongs, Flip Saunders! WTF? Triple team his ass... Run everybody at him... He alone torched the Pistons!!!

I also disagree, with Z, Gooden, and Gibson in the game, still leave one of them open. Nobody from the Cavs had made a FG since 8 min. left in the 4th quarter.

Prince did play like a pussy though. Stepping out of the way so LeBron could get those dunks at the end of regulation. Seriously, where's your heart? If Detroit loses game 6, I'd strongly consider trading Tayshaun for someone with balls. [/QUOTE]

I guess the others aren't watching the same game as you and I. Yes folks, there were phantom and no calls on Lebron. Maybe thats why Tayshaun wasn't aggressive because he'll know that he would get a foul call.

I'd like to know why Flip Saunders didn't have his players double up on Lebron when he's on a hot streak. And why was Billups guarding Lebron on the last few minutes? I thought Rip/Prince were better.

Lebron definitely had a great game, but you can't deny the fact that the refs did help him out.

[quote name='gokou36']I guess the others aren't watching the same game as you and I. Yes folks, there were phantom and no calls on Lebron. Maybe thats why Tayshaun wasn't aggressive because he'll know that he would get a foul call.

I'd like to know why Flip Saunders didn't have his players double up on Lebron when he's on a hot streak. And why was Billups guarding Lebron on the last few minutes? I thought Rip/Prince were better.

Lebron definitely had a great game, but you can't deny the fact that the refs did help him out.[/quote]

Exactly. LeBron played a very good game, not the greatest game ever though. Somehow no one noticed the couple of airballs he also tossed up there, but I guess that happens when you're taking all of the shots. Pavolovich did take a few, and really did look like he was trying to help the Pistons win, but Curious Tayshaun wouldn't have it. TP had to make sure Detoit went back to Cleveland down 3-2.

I believe Billups was on LeBron because Hamilton had 5 fouls, and Tayshaun wanted to be like Andres Lilja.

I don't know what's up with Saunders or why we got this idiot in the first place unless we were planning on getting KG. Fire him and bring back Carlisle! Shit, as much as I hate the guy, bring back Larry Brown if it means we'll learn to play solid D again.

The Pistons #1 priority this off-season should be getting rid of everyone in the organization named Flip.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Exactly. LeBron played a very good game, not the greatest game ever though. Somehow no one noticed the couple of airballs he also tossed up there, but I guess that happens when you're taking all of the shots. Pavolovich did take a few, and really did look like he was trying to help the Pistons win, but Curious Tayshaun wouldn't have it. TP had to make sure Detoit went back to Cleveland down 3-2.

I believe Billups was on LeBron because Hamilton had 5 fouls, and Tayshaun wanted to be like Andres Lilja.

I don't know what's up with Saunders or why we got this idiot in the first place unless we were planning on getting KG. Fire him and bring back Carlisle! Shit, as much as I hate the guy, bring back Larry Brown if it means we'll learn to play solid D again.

The Pistons #1 priority this off-season should be getting rid of everyone in the organization named Flip.[/quote]My the name for Flip Murray? He's shot 4 of 7 in this series!

The hell with Flip Murray, he'll opt out anyway. The dumbass thinks he's a star, and wants to go somewhere that the'll play him. May I suggest the NBDL.

Wow what a game. As for why Flip didn't quadruple team LeBron is beyond me. Nobody on Cleveland wanted the ball, they were scared of it and were avoiding it like the plague. Even if Lebron were tripled and he gave up the ball, I doubt any of the other Cavs would have had the balls to take an open jumper. Also even though Chauncey has the nickname of Mr. Big Shot, I don't think too many casual fans know just how clutch the man is which is a shame.

And why can't some of you folks just admit LeBron was phenomenal without throwing in so many "buts?" This was a performance of a lifetime. Am I the only one that realizes performances like these occur once in a blue moon? Marv Albert and the rest of the TNT cast have seen God knows how many unbelievable performances in their analyst careers that they should be jaded by another "one of the greatest moments in Playoff history" yet even they can't stop gushing about it. Just enjoy it.

I'm a little surprised that there isn't more hoopla surrounding LeBron's performance tonight. Don't you guys realize what we just witnessed tonight only happens once every blue moon? 29 of the last 30 points is sick (even if it was due to every Cav avoiding the ball like the plague). Some of you are too hard to impress. When sports analysts who have seen God knows how many unbelievable performances (in person for that matter) can gush over tonight as one of the greatest Playoff performances of all time, you know it was something special. I'm just glad I witnessed it.

Also impressive was another one of Chauncey's Mr. Big Shot moments. It is a shame that more casual fans don't give him the recognition. I'd easily put him up there with Reggie as one of the most feared last second shooters in the NBA.

[quote name='Kendro']I'm a little surprised that there isn't more hoopla surrounding LeBron's performance tonight. Don't you guys realize what we just witnessed tonight only happens once every blue moon? 29 of the last 30 points is sick (even if it was due to every Cav avoiding the ball like the plague). Some of you are too hard to impress. When sports analysts who have seen God knows how many unbelievable performances (in person for that matter) can gush over tonight as one of the greatest Playoff performances of all time, you know it was something special. I'm just glad I witnessed it.

Also impressive was another one of Chauncey's Mr. Big Shot moments. It is a shame that more casual fans don't give him the recognition. I'd easily put him up there with Reggie as one of the most feared last second shooters in the NBA.[/quote]

:applause: Spot on. Couldn't agree with you more.

[quote name='primetime']:applause: Spot on. Couldn't agree with you more.[/quote]

Like I said before, Bron was filthy! Also, he had 9 rebounds and 7 assists. The kid is sick!

"We tried to trap him and get it out of his hands, but he attacked," Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. "We'll definitely have to do something different next time."
LOL at "tried." Though it has been touched on before, I can't understand for the life of me why Flip didn't throw 3 bodies on LeBron. I'd bet my life that the rest of the Cavs didn't want the ball because they were too scared and even if LeBron dished it to one of them after being triple teamed, they'd probably be too nervous to take an open jumper.

[quote name='Kendro']LOL at "tried." Though it has been touched on before, I can't understand for the life of me why Flip didn't throw 3 bodies on LeBron. I'd bet my life that the rest of the Cavs didn't want the ball because they were too scared and even if LeBron dished it to one of them after being triple teamed, they'd probably be too nervous to take an open jumper.[/quote]

I think it was the 1st overtime, but... LeBron drew 2 defenders like all the way back to the halfcourt line. He then dished it off, and it got to Varejao in the post. Mind you it's still 4-on-3 with a man WIDE OPEN in the corner. What's the result... of course a turnover. This play proved to me and I think Bron also that he would have to be the one to win the game. Pathetic

Wow, I am officially a Lebron James fan after witnessing tonight's game. That was incredible. That was one of the best individual playoff performances I have ever seen. He totally destroyed the Pistons defense. I don't even think my favorite player, Kobe Bryant, would be able to drop 48 9 7 with only 2 turnovers on Detroit.

[quote name='bullsrfive']Wow, I am officially a Lebron James fan after witnessing tonight's game. That was incredible. That was one of the best individual playoff performances I have ever seen. He totally destroyed the Pistons defense. I don't even think my favorite player, Kobe Bryant, would be able to drop 48 9 7 with only 2 turnovers on Detroit.[/quote]Problem is, shooting 50% isn't really destroying anybody. I'm guessing there are a lot of players who could occasionally score in the 40s against Detroit if they took 33 shots. And were only double-teamed two or three times.

I'm certainly impressed by a lot of the shots he made, but I don't consider being allowed to walk up to the basket for dunks an all-time great performance.

[quote name='botticus']Problem is, shooting 50% isn't really destroying anybody. I'm guessing there are a lot of players who could occasionally score in the 40s against Detroit if they took 33 shots. And were only double-teamed two or three times.

I'm certainly impressed by a lot of the shots he made, but I don't consider being allowed to walk up to the basket for dunks an all-time great performance.[/QUOTE]

He missed, what, 2-3 shots from 2 mins to go in regulation?

Folks, I've seen a lot of playoff basketball (unfortunately). I've never seen anything like that. I was too young to care when MJ went for 63, but I've seen the replays.

I'm glad both my 360 controllers were going dead and I stopped playing Forza. Glad the viewing audience may not have to go back to Detroit and their retarded arena announcer. I love how every Detoit player (minus Hamilton and Billups) thinks they never commit a foul.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']He missed, what, 2-3 shots from 2 mins to go in regulation?

Folks, I've seen a lot of playoff basketball (unfortunately). I've never seen anything like that. I was too young to care when MJ went for 63, but I've seen the replays.

I'm glad both my 360 controllers were going dead and I stopped playing Forza. Glad the viewing audience may not have to go back to Detroit and their retarded arena announcer. I love how every Detoit player (minus Hamilton and Billups) thinks they never commit a foul.[/quote]Yeah, he actually did a bit better than I thought in that time frame (5/8 from the line, 8/10 field goals), but what pisses me off is that 4 of those FGs were free passes to the hoop. Obviously not LeBron's problem, but it's not like they made it overly difficult for him. Should have just put Dale Davis out there in the lane to hack him, especially when his free throws weren't going down as smoothly as his jumper.

And please don't hate on Mason. If everyone not from Detroit hates him, he's doing a fantastic job.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']

I'm glad both my 360 controllers were going dead and I stopped playing Forza. Glad the viewing audience may not have to go back to Detroit and their retarded arena announcer. I love how every Detoit player (minus Hamilton and Billups) thinks they never commit a foul.[/quote]

You mean every other Piston starter right...? Lord knows Lindsey Hunter, Jason Maxiel & Dale Davis don't bitch. I think Rasheed and Curious Tayshaun's whining are so pronounced though that you could make that judgment though... anyway it's not like Princess James doesn't bitch about EVERY fucking call, she even bitches when she gets the calls. I "witnessed" that last night. Not saying that makes Tayshaun and Sheed right though.

[quote name='Kendro']I'm a little surprised that there isn't more hoopla surrounding LeBron's performance tonight. Don't you guys realize what we just witnessed tonight only happens once every blue moon? 29 of the last 30 points is sick (even if it was due to every Cav avoiding the ball like the plague). Some of you are too hard to impress. When sports analysts who have seen God knows how many unbelievable performances (in person for that matter) can gush over tonight as one of the greatest Playoff performances of all time, you know it was something special. I'm just glad I witnessed it.

Also impressive was another one of Chauncey's Mr. Big Shot moments. It is a shame that more casual fans don't give him the recognition. I'd easily put him up there with Reggie as one of the most feared last second shooters in the NBA.[/QUOTE]

Comon now Kobe does that stuff all the time. :D

It was pretty ridiculous though. Lebron is awesome.

Not having McDyess really hurt late in the game.

bread's done
Back