*Official* NBA PLAYOFFS 2007 discussion

[quote name='daroga']botticus, I'm confused. Are you a Pistons fan hiding in Cleveland? ;)[/quote]

While we're pointing fingers... are you a Cavs fan hiding in Michigan! :shock:

Dude, this is how I look at it: Lebron James had to play the game of his fucking life....in order to win by 2 in double overtime. That's it.

[quote name='evanft']Dude, this is how I look at it: Lebron James had to play the game of his fucking life....in order to win by 2 in double overtime. That's it.[/QUOTE]

And he played like crap in games 1 & 2 and Detroit won by three. Your point?

Remember a few weeks ago I told you guys it would be cavs spurs in the finals. ;)

And on another NBA note I can't believe Billy Donovan went to the Magic. Did anyone see that coming?

[quote name='mr ryles']Remember a few weeks ago I told you guys it would be cavs spurs in the finals. ;)

And on another NBA note I can't believe Billy Donovan went to the Magic. Did anyone see that coming?[/quote]
i actually didnt see it coming, but it makes sense now that i think about it...he already won 2 championships wiht the gators..and the gators lost like their top 6 scorers...so it's best for him to move on anyway...plus the Magic are in florida anyway...

[quote name='swetooth9']i actually didnt see it coming, but it makes sense now that i think about it...he already won 2 championships wiht the gators..and the gators lost like their top 6 scorers...so it's best for him to move on anyway...plus the Magic are in florida anyway...[/quote]

Agreed. If ever there was a moment for him to take a shot at the NBA it is now. Plus, the Magic have a great core of young players and were a playoff team. It isn't like he is going to a lottery team.

[quote name='yukine']Ugh, I hate when I miss good games. I guess I'll have to wait for the torrent.[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea basketball game torrents even existed. Apparently A LOT of people wanted in on Game 5 because there were seeders up the wazoo. It only took me 10 minutes to get both overtimes at a brisk 200 kb/second. :D

Edit - Oh dear God. The stupid game is from a Chinese broadcast. :bomb:

The Rockets will offer forward Shane Battier and their No. 1 draft pick, 26th overall, in an attempt to lure Rashard Lewis home to Houston. That would really be a lethal mix of players if they could get Lewis for so cheap(they are going to have to sweeten the deal imo). Now with Rick Adelman and his offense mind set, the southwest division is going to be sick next season.

[quote name='alucard8319']The Rockets will offer forward Shane Battier and their No. 1 draft pick, 26th overall, in an attempt to lure Rashard Lewis home to Houston. That would really be a lethal mix of players if they could get Lewis for so cheap(they are going to have to sweeten the deal imo). Now with Rick Adelman and his offense mind set, the southwest division is going to be sick next season.[/quote]

:shock: Rick Adelman (offense-minded) + Yao + TMAC + Rashard = wowowow

[quote name='CocheseUGA']And he played like crap in games 1 & 2 and Detroit won by three. Your point?[/quote]

He's from Michigan.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']And he played like crap in games 1 & 2 and Detroit won by three. Your point?[/QUOTE]

The difference between a weaksauce Lebron James and an amazing Lebron James is 5 points. :bouncy:

[quote name='evanft']The difference between a weaksauce Lebron James and an amazing Lebron James is 5 points. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

And three wins.

Video Game James? WTF? I hope that doesn't stick.

I'm disappointed that there aren't any good "Air Ball!" chants going on these air balls that've occured in the series.

[quote name='Prock']they need to start the 2nd quarter, whats up with this horn problem[/quote]
It wasn't working, but now the shot clock and scoreboards are malfunctioning. :lol: Now it's 0-0 in the second quarter.

Edit: Now they're looking for new 24 shot clocks, that may or may not be in the arena. :lol:

Edit 2: Now the PA Announcer is calling down the shot clock. :lol:

[quote name='mr ryles']this game is so ghetto.[/quote]

XD

24...23...22...21...he shoots!...20...19...oh what? It hit the back board? Didn't look like it me...24..23...oh...18..17..err oh srry...19..18...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']XD

24...23...22...21...he shoots!...20...19...oh what? It hit the back board? Didn't look like it me...24..23...oh...18..17..err oh srry...19..18...[/quote]
You're not watching, are you? He's only saying 10, 5, and then counting down to 0.

rumors here in Utah say we're looking to make a "major" trade this offseason.. people say its AK... but I have a bigger feeling that its going to be Okur.. but probably nothing at all.. no team really wants AK, or if they do.. they don't want his contract.. I love AK's game.. he's just not as tenacious as he has been in years' past.. but anyways.. its not going to be very fun on draft day.. because I'm sure the only thing the Jazz is going to do is either trade the 26th pick or whatever it is + deadweight + AK or something.. for a huge huge free agent.. or do nothing.. we'll probably decide 2 seconds before we're supposed to make a decision heh..

i hope the cavs go.. at least it'll be someone different then spurs/pistons.. damn i'm tired of hearing those words.. heh

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You're not watching, are you? He's only saying 10, 5, and then counting down to 0.[/quote]

That's when he's just counting, not out loud :eek:

gibson_070602_900.jpg

Now this is an interesting finals we've got ahead of us.

[quote name='Prock']r. wallace is gone, he's such a hothead[/quote]

He's a freakin' idiot. I agree some of the calls were bad, but HOW MANY DAMN TIMES MUST YOU GET TECHS BEFORE YOU REALIZE YOU WON"T WIN THE ARGUMENT?

I mean, he like a rat in a scientist's maze and keeps going to through the cheese path that is electrified over and over and over again.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']He's a freakin' idiot. I agree some of the calls were bad, but HOW MANY DAMN TIMES MUST YOU GET TECHS BEFORE YOU REALIZE YOU WON"T WIN THE ARGUMENT?

I mean, he like a rat in a scientist's maze and keeps going to through the cheese path that is electrified over and over and over again.[/quote]
:lol: I guess you can't change a "rat" into a mouse. If anything, I'd say the technicals are apart of his charm, but I wouldn't want him on my team for that reason.

Do the conferences have ambassadors and that's why Drexler and Russel are presenting the conference championships to the winners?

Edit: What a time to have the nickname "boobie." :lol:

there we go.. i guess i can watch a game or two of the finals.. maybe LeBron has what it takes to beat the Refs and Spurs and Stern.. congratulations Cleveland they lived in the "jordan" shadow more then any other team..

[quote name='urzishra14'] maybe LeBron has what it takes to beat the Refs and Spurs and Stern.. [/quote]

I think the NBA would rather see the Suns than the Spurs in the finals... San Antonio still doesn't excite very many people, as opposed to PHX. I don't see why people keep thinking this...

eh, pistons didn't even want that game in the 4th...rip did his part, webber and mcdyess were good...but everyone else was subpar...

i mean...pistons have pretty much all the pieces, but i dont know..they lost their drive or something

anyway, congrats to cleveland fans and to lebron...i'll be rooting for them only b/c i live in the east and don't like the spurs :p

[quote name='swetooth9']eh, pistons didn't even want that game in the 4th...rip did his part, webber and mcdyess were good...but everyone else was subpar...

i mean...pistons have pretty much all the pieces, but i dont know..they lost their drive or something

anyway, congrats to cleveland fans and to lebron...i'll be rooting for them only b/c i live in the east and don't like the spurs :p[/quote]I can't root for the Cavs because I hate LeBron and will have to deal with my coworkers on Monday. My wife's grandpa (who's in the hospital) was already giving me shit earlier today. But I also hate the Spurs. So I guess I'm ambivalent towards these Finals. I couldn't see the Pistons beating the Spurs even if they had played a bit better this series, the Cavs are likely gonna get smoked.

I'm getting really sick of Detroit teams in the playoffs. Looks like the Pistons are following in the Red Wings tradition of excelling in the regular season and having zero drive in the postseason.

I like the Spurs, and I enjoy watching Lebron. Why did the Pistons lay down and die in this game? Did the last game completely demoralize them?

[quote name='Stoneage']I like the Spurs, and I enjoy watching Lebron. Why did the Pistons lay down and die in this game? Did the last game completely demoralize them?[/quote]

They never took Cleveland seriously. In fact, they still don't. To be fair, I'd think the same thing if I was a Pistons player.

[quote name='Kendro']They never took Cleveland seriously. In fact, they still don't. To be fair, I'd think the same thing if I was a Pistons player.[/quote]

yea, pistons know they are still the better team even though they lost the series...their lack of urgency just surprised me...it's like "yea, we lost the series...we're still better though"

that kind of attitude doesnt win championships...pistons are better than that, but they gotta work...in the second quarter, THAT'S what the pistons are underneath all that crappy half-assed basketball they played for most of the game

rip hamilton was doing his thing though

I kind of wanted Detroit to win, as I think they would of had a better chance at beating the Spurs... but whatever.

It'd be great if the Cavs end up winning it all.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMME.

Retarded announcer.

[quote name='evanft']I really hope Flip Saunders gets let go.[/quote]

You know he's gonna become the scapegoat for the whole ordeal. I don't know if that's quite fair though.

bread's done
Back