*Official* NBA PLAYOFFS 2007 discussion

[quote name='primetime']You know he's gonna become the scapegoat for the whole ordeal. I don't know if that's quite fair though.[/QUOTE]

Well he's clearly not the right man for the job. I mean, WTF did he do in Minnesota?

[quote name='evanft']Well he's clearly not the right man for the job. I mean, WTF did he do in Minnesota?[/quote]

I'm just saying he wasn't the reason they lost this year, although he'll probably be the first to blame.

[quote name='evanft']Well he's clearly not the right man for the job. I mean, WTF did he do in Minnesota?[/quote]

Lose... a lot.

Saunders fucking blows. He's arguably one of the worst NBA coaches ever, he found a way to lose to inferior teams time and time again. Whenever his team was in a slump he did NOTHING to get things going again. The guy is a joke as an NBA coach, and any team that let's him coach at this point deserves to lose. I mean come on he only got out of the first round once with Kevin fucking Garnett!

The Pistons are a huge let-down, I don't think this roster will ever win another championship, major changes need to be made now.

Get rid of Saunders and that pussy Tayshaun. That bitch is useless, has no heart and will never amount to shit in the NBA. There's a reason he was left off the all-star team when all the other Pistons made it last year, and it's because he sucks.

[quote name='primetime']I'm just saying he wasn't the reason they lost this year, although he'll probably be the first to blame.[/quote]
umm, he took them to the western conference finals that one year...so, he's not completely horrible

and i agree, that some roster changes are needed...but i'm not gonna go as far as saying tayshaun sucks..he had a bad series but was important in the championship detroit team and in the first and second round this year

[quote name='alucard8319']P.J. Carlesimo hasn't got choked in a while, wonder if he could suck anymore than Flip did.[/quote]

He's a crap coach too. I was thinking the Pistons should look in-state for a new coach, mainly at Michigan State.

So, I didn't realize it at the bar, but Sheed got 3 fouls in 39 seconds to foul out of the game, then added his 2 technicals to that. No wonder he was so pissed though, that's a foul every 13 seconds! That's bullshit, no matter who it is. Cavs got some sick calls, and the numbers make me want to puke.

Doesn't matter though, the Pistons played poorly and were poorly coached. I know if I were coaching a team in an elimination game, I'd be sure to put my 2 best scorers (Billups and Hamilton) on the bench to start the 4th quarter :roll: . No coincidence the Cavs lead quickly ballooned from 1 to 11 while those two sat on the bench and Saunders sat with his thumb up his ass.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']No wonder he was so pissed though, that's a foul every 13 seconds! That's bullshit, no matter who it is. Cavs got some sick calls, and the numbers make me want to puke.
[/quote]

He freakin tackled a guy then started complaining to the refs. I think that was before his 1st tech.

Time to cut n slash to fix the Pistons!

I've got it, Joe D should give me a call...

Step 1. Re-sign Billups.

If there's no Billups, there's no hope.

Step 2. Get rid of Prince's sorry ass

Send a package of Prince and Nazr to LA Clippers for Maggette and Chris Kaman or Paul Davis and a draft pick.

This gives Detroit a guy who actually slashes to the basket, and draws fouls. This gives LA a guy who actually plays defense. This works because both key players have very similar salaries, LA has been trying to get rid of Maggette for some time now and Prince is from the LA area.

Step 3. Get Zach Randolph.

Tis no secret that Portland is trying to move Zach out to may room for Oden. Zach's character issues could be a snag, but the Pistons gambled on Sheed. Why not roll the dice again on a guy that actually tries to score at the basket? We could potentially get him for as little as our #15 draft pick (from Orlando) and then another role player or two such as Delfino and Flip Murray. Moving Maxiel or even Sheed (as part of a 3 team deal, no way Portland takes him back) would be another option if Portland is more reluctant to move Zach than they initially let on.

Step 4. Fire Flip Saunders.

Saunders is a joke, we all know this. The problem is Pistons owner Bill Davidson is reluctant to pay Saunders $10 million to walk away early. I can't blame him for that, but Davidson is old and he needs to be convinced he could die soon and money shouldn't be that important to the billionaire at this point. The other problem is a new coach would have to be ready.

The answer, Tom Izzo of course.

With those steps Detroit would suddenly have a team that could play both inside and outside. A solid group that could slash at the basket and draw fouls instead of just fouling out. The potential starting line-up could be Billups, Rip, Maggette, Sheed and Randolph. A line-up that would still be competitive for the title, instead of just making way for the Cavs and Bulls EC take-over.

I'd like the record to show that from the beginning, I voted Cavs.

I'm excited. Time to finally avenge Craig Ehlo.

[quote name='JJSP']I'd like the record to show that from the beginning, I voted Cavs.

I'm excited. Time to finally avenge Craig Ehlo.[/quote]

If I voted (I forget), I voted for the spurs, my reasoning was simple. They have Tim Duncan, and the other team doesn't.

[quote name='paddlefoot']If I voted (I forget), I voted for the spurs, my reasoning was simple. They have Tim Duncan, and the other team doesn't.[/quote]

Very simple indeed. Very sound too.

Spurs in 6...

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']
Get rid of Saunders and that pussy Tayshaun. That bitch is useless, has no heart and will never amount to shit in the NBA. There's a reason he was left off the all-star team when all the other Pistons made it last year, and it's because he sucks.[/quote]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Spi-4_6Ugdg

But to be fair, he did suck in this year's playoffs.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2894461

I hope the Cavs never make the finals again.[/quote]You do realize that isn't the team reselling the tickets, right? It's a service provided by the team for ticket holders to sell their tickets any game, just so happens that these tickets are more highly sought after. I don't see how you can blame the Cavs for people wanting to make a buck at all.

I'm exited for the first game of the finals i am here hoping for the underdogs to win like if they were my hometown because i do want the unexpected to happen !

[quote name='Genocidal']You do realize that isn't the team reselling the tickets, right? It's a service provided by the team for ticket holders to sell their tickets any game, just so happens that these tickets are more highly sought after. I don't see how you can blame the Cavs for people wanting to make a buck at all.[/quote]

Yeah, I did realize that after I posted that. I stopped and said to myself "wait a minute is that the Cavs prices or the re-sellers that already purchased tickets ahead of time and are hawking them off for serious cash?"

Either way, screw the cavs and screw Dan Gilbert too. I worked for him for a very short time, and the guy tells you one thing and then acts like he has time for no one. I won't watch these finals as I'm too irrate Detroit choked, but I do hope San Antonio humbles Cleveland.

[quote name='mr ryles']Surprised cleveland has kept it so close with Lebron doing absolutely nothing this game so far.[/QUOTE]

So close that they are down 1-0.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']
Either way, screw the cavs and screw Dan Gilbert too. I worked for him for a very short time, and the guy tells you one thing and then acts like he has time for no one. I won't watch these finals as I'm too irrate Detroit choked, but I do hope San Antonio humbles Cleveland.[/quote]

Do you work in Sports or Did?

I just don't think anyone is all that interested in seeing the Spurs play, especially when it's against a team like the Cavaliers.

It'd be a different story if the Spurs were playing against the Suns in the finals, which it should of been.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I wish it would've been sports, but botticus is right, that company was a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Speaking of smoke and mirrors and no results, bwa ha ha ha up yours NBA:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/sns-ap-bkn-nba-finals-ratings,0,7715339.story?coll=sns-ap-basketball-headlines

Lowest rating for game 1 in primetime EVER! So much for LeBron being the savior of the NBA.[/quote]

Muahaha. Yeah. I just noticed that I have not watched a play off game since the Golden state loss. And I live by Detroit!

Its just so boring.....even the pistions games were boring...coming from a pistons fan.

Meh maybe something cool will happen next year.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I wish it would've been sports, but botticus is right, that company was a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Speaking of smoke and mirrors and no results, bwa ha ha ha up yours NBA:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/sns-ap-bkn-nba-finals-ratings,0,7715339.story?coll=sns-ap-basketball-headlines

Lowest rating for game 1 in primetime EVER! So much for LeBron being the savior of the NBA.[/quote]

Maybe if they didn't last 5 months. People lose interest. It's almost football season :lol:

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You mind telling me the scores of the baseball games last night, too?[/QUOTE]

All I'm saying is that the 9-point victory was not as close as it seemed. The Spurs were controlling every aspect of the game.

[quote name='unforeseen']All I'm saying is that the 9-point victory was not as close as it seemed. The Spurs were controlling every aspect of the game.[/QUOTE]

I posted that a little after halftime when they where only down by 7 points. and lebron was like 0-8 shooting.

I'm still taking the cavs in 7.

[quote name='yukine']
It'd be a different story if the Spurs were playing against the Suns in the finals, which it should of been.[/quote]
that's not possible...i was hoping suns vs pistons or suns vs bulls...but alas, it wasnt meant to be

[quote name='swetooth9']that's not possible...i was hoping suns vs pistons or suns vs bulls...but alas, it wasnt meant to be[/quote]
Nevertheless, my point is that if the Suns were playing in the finals there wouldn't be a low ratings issue.

I'm still watching the finals though as... there's really nothing better else on.

[quote name='mr ryles']I posted that a little after halftime when they where only down by 7 points. and lebron was like 0-8 shooting.

I'm still taking the cavs in 7.[/quote]Wow, you think the Cavs are going to win at all, let alone in SA? That's pretty bold.

[quote name='botticus']Wow, you think the Cavs are going to win at all, let alone in SA? That's pretty bold.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put money on it. But I'm fightin for em.

There is no way in hell anyone is winning a game 7 in San Antonio other than the Spurs.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Muahaha. Yeah. I just noticed that I have not watched a play off game since the Golden state loss. And I live by Detroit!

Its just so boring.....even the pistions games were boring...coming from a pistons fan.

Meh maybe something cool will happen next year.[/quote]

I didn't know you were from this area.

I think the real problem is the most successful star over the past decade or so (Duncan) isn't that exciting to watch. Add to that the lack of parity between the East & West, yet again.

People probably won't watch until there's two teams, each with a star (Bird vs Magic, Jordan vs Malone/Barkley/Magic/Drexler), that both have a legit chance of winning.

The finals aren't supposed to be this one-sided.

[quote name='mr ryles']I posted that a little after halftime when they where only down by 7 points. and lebron was like 0-8 shooting.

I'm still taking the cavs in 7.[/QUOTE]

You should put $100 down of the Cavs. I heard the odds were +450 for the Cavs (bet $100, win $450), but that was before the series -- probably higher now.

Spurs in 6

I'm a little bit late because I've been on vacation, but if you've been reading the thread the whole time, you know who I'm for.

Spurs in an odd numbered year can't be beat.

[quote name='bobo2k4']http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2899338

Anyone here about JR Smith? He got into a serious car accident.
Brings back memories for Jay Williams a few years back.

I always liked JR even though they say he's got a serious attitude problem.[/quote]

It's sad to hear that, but he should have been wearing a seatbelt. His style is a little too cocky for me.

Game 2 should be a pretty good game

I saw an NBA Finals commercial last night, that didn't even mention either team by name, but instead, showed nothing but black and white highlights of past NBA legends. And they wonder why the Finals are gonna get such garbage ratings.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I saw an NBA Finals commercial last night, that didn't even mention either team by name, but instead, showed nothing but black and white highlights of past NBA legends. And they wonder why the Finals are gonna get such garbage ratings.[/QUOTE]

ABC treats the NBA like crap. I think Nascar gets better advertising than basketball on there. I miss the days of NBA on NBC with that John Tesh theme. They treated the NBA like royalty with back to back games that people actually wanted to watch.
ABC just throws games out there and smear desperate housewives ads all over it.:cry:

[quote name='bobo2k4']ABC treats the NBA like crap. I think Nascar gets better advertising than basketball on there. I miss the days of NBA on NBC with that John Tesh theme.[/quote]

It is a GREAT theme song and I still associate it with the NBA (in my mind).

Funny clip of Conan finding creative uses for the song when NBC didn't pick it up one year.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7DN0CCsqLk[/MEDIA]

That is a cool clip man XD

The same thing has happened to the NFL. The classic themes have been replaced with nothing even close to being as good.

They're all becoming victim to the anti-"If it ain't broke don't fix it" ideology :(

[quote name='primetime']It looks like a JV/Varsity scrimmage. Guess which one's which...[/quote]

Ha, fuck anyone that called Robert Horry a dirty player after how he's played tonight

Man, fuck Lebron James and his elbow to people's jaws. This is the second time i've seen him do it, first one was in game one against Bowen. Lebron is more dirty than Horry.

Edit : woops, shouldn't capitalize the F word.

[quote name='thamaster24']Ha, fuck anyone that called Robert Horry a dirty player after how he's played tonight[/quote]

Because we all know playing a good game completely clears his slate of any wrong doing. It's that assinine type of logic that was used to set OJ free :roll:

On the plus side nice to see the Cavs get embarassed yet again. I hope the Spurs win the next 2 and we can just be done with this nonsense.

[quote name='levi333']I'm sure its already been discussed, but, Spurs in 4. That is all.[/QUOTE]

I'll give Lebron (Cavs) two games just because it's better for ratings and he is the chosen one :)

[quote name='unforeseen']I'll give Lebron (Cavs) two games just because it's better for ratings and he is the chosen one :)[/quote]
I'd just like to be clear on this...

Why do people consider him the "chosen one"? Isn't Kobe still around? Or is this a like a line of chosen ones and he's the next to take that pedastel once Kobe retires?

Not trying to spark an argument here, I'm just curious...

Yeah I think this game is also done in 4. Maybe 5 if the Cavs actually keep one close and sneak out with a win in Cleveland. The West is right now and besides the Pistons the past few years, totally dominant. I know the Heat won last year but I still think a few teams in the West were better they were just not hot at the right time.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'd just like to be clear on this...

Why do people consider him the "chosen one"? Isn't Kobe still around? Or is this a like a line of chosen ones and he's the next to take that pedastel once Kobe retires?

Not trying to spark an argument here, I'm just curious...[/quote]

Because he wears number 23 probably.

bread's done
Back