Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Magicking610']I'll be on tonight. I can't guarentee that it will work our nicely though (it's been raining like a bitch today), but I'll be on. I think I'm going to screw around with a few different stat setups to see which works best over the next week or so, so I might get better or worse next week.

Perhaps me, Nate, and Alan can all hit our 400th games played within the weekend. Oh, and if anyone wants to start around 7PM Eastern, tonight is gonna be a short one for me. As usual, tomorrow will be the day that I can play a lot more.[/QUOTE]

Well..so much for starting at 7...

What's this special relationship you and Magic have? You guys certainly do like your "alone time". :p

Anyhoo, I just got back 15 minutes ago from a doctor's appointment. I'll be getting on in a few minutes.

Man, what an awesome night. As several of you know, I didn't get to play NHL much throughout a lot of the season because I was attending hockey games most Friday and Saturday nights. But I played 8 games 2 Fridays ago, and more than that tonight. I'm glad to be back, even if this game may not be played for much longer by the majority of the team.

I joined up with Nate and we played for 8 hours straight, from 5 P.M.-1 A.M. Pacific. I can't remember the last time I played a game for that long. DarkTower joined us for the majority of the games, and Magic was with us for a couple, too. We won more than we lost, and worked well as a team for the most part. Good times, my friends.

If anyone wants to play tomorrow, I'll be available most of the day and night except for when the Kings game is on (7-10 Pacific). I may have a Madden league game to play, too, but that will only take 45 minutes or so. I'm just [/i]really[/i] in the mood to play more hockey now.

Finally! Someone who can play on Saturday! I'll be on from now till about 6PM Eastern. If I'm playing something, just feel free to send me a message or a party invite.

As I said, I've been having a lot of fun getting back into this game. But I just want to state ahead of time that the Kings play Game 5 on Friday night, so I will only be able to play from 8-10 Eastern, and then again after the game ends, likely around 1 A.M. Eastern.

But other than the hours of 7:45 P.M.-1 A.M. Eastern tonight, as well as all day tomorrow, I'm pretty much free. The Kings do play Game 4 on Wednesday from 10 P.M. till 1 A.M. Eastern, but I'll have the rest of the day and night to play.

sorry again for playing like absolute shit last night... I kept getting tied up just as I would press pass most of the time, and I took two awful penalties when I didn't even mean to hit both bumpers. sorry.

Some of you guys might have noticed that I've left the team. I left because I found a group of guys when I was playing with randoms that was trying to rebuild a team that normally finished top 100 every month. So, I figured, "What the hell, I'll try it out." They played 2 games and dropped me. $$$$$$s. I regret even trying to find a different club, but the thing that was pulling me was that they said they were active players.

Point I'm trying to get across is that (although this month has been great) I am hoping that the team can be a little more active. When I log on, see 3 guys from the CAG team sitting at the Dash, message them asking if they want to play, and they all reply no, it annoys me. As I said, the month has been really active, but it was mainly in the first 10 days. I want the team to have at least 1 season where we are in the top 500 at the end while remaining active.

There's my rant for the week, now I just have to wait for Alan or Nate to get on to get me back into the team.

[quote name='Magicking610']Some of you guys might have noticed that I've left the team. I left because I found a group of guys when I was playing with randoms that was trying to rebuild a team that normally finished top 100 every month. So, I figured, "What the hell, I'll try it out." They played 2 games and dropped me. $$$$$$s. I regret even trying to find a different club, but the thing that was pulling me was that they said they were active players.

Point I'm trying to get across is that (although this month has been great) I am hoping that the team can be a little more active. When I log on, see 3 guys from the CAG team sitting at the Dash, message them asking if they want to play, and they all reply no, it annoys me. As I said, the month has been really active, but it was mainly in the first 10 days. I want the team to have at least 1 season where we are in the top 500 at the end while remaining active.

There's my rant for the week, now I just have to wait for Alan or Nate to get on to get me back into the team.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with your new team. The thing for me, personally, is I can't play this game every day. I mean, with other factors of life, there are some days where I don't play video games at all. But even the days that I do, there are newer games that I've gotten, or even games in my backlog that I'd like to get through.

That's not to say I'm done with NHL. But just that every day pacing is too much. I mean, we did just play Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I might be able to play tonight, but at worst, I'll probably be up for the 3 day weekend again. At this point in the game's lifespan, that's probably as good as you're going to get. I don't know what else to tell you, man. We're trying to be active. And really, having over 100 games played this month with a week still to go is a huge accomplishment. It's silly to overlook that.

I know that you can't play every day Nate, and I know that for most of the team. But when someone is stuck on a vacation and basically has the choice between MW2, NHL 10 OTP, waiting for a CAG member to get on, or BC2, it gets boring fast. In fact, if I could, I'd ask all of my friends who play NHL 10 to apply for the CAG team, but it is the CAG team and they have their own clubs, so whatever.

And I did say that this was a great month, I didn't overlook/overrate it. But the only problem with having a month like this is that some people then think "let's try to beat that this month" and it leads to things like this.

EDIT: By the way Nate, if you have a chance, can you jump on for a second to let me back on the team?

I guess you got back on the team since you were playing with DarkTower. I would have joined you, but I just woke up on little sleep and was too tired to get on. But I hope you and I can play soon. As for Friday, I can get on from 8-10 Eastern and then again at 1 Eastern, bu the Kings game is on from 10 P.M.-1 A.M.

Oh, my mistake. I would invite Magic back, but I'm not a GM since I left the team for a while.

As I said, I'll be playing at least for a couple hours tomorrow.

Well, at least I'll be able to start early (I mean it this time) and end late, so as long as I don't do any more moves like that, I think tonight is gonna be good. If anyone wants to start the night early, I should be on for 7. No delays this time.

A friend contacted me late last night about a watch party for the Kings game, so I'm going to that. I'll be leaving around 9 P.M. Eastern. So I'll at least be able to play for an hour... I'll try to get on early to play with Magic and/or Destro.

Good games tonight. Despite being gone for 5 hours, I managed to get in 10 games.

The last 3 were just myself and moojuice in challenge matches against 2 of my friends. They're guys I met on Live and later met with in person. They play legit (as long as people don't glitch against them) and we had a good series.

We won the first game in double OT. We got screwed in game 2. I mean, it could have gone either way... but, in overtime, our goalie went all Marty Turco and went to play the puck near the circle, giving the other team an easy game winning goal. We lost the third 3-0, but one goal was scored on a horrible mistake by our goalie.

Anyway, I'll be playing tomorrow (well, technically today I guess) so anyone who wants to do club play, let me know. And I don't know what time Dom and Steve will be on, but if you guys want to do any challenge matches, they said they'd be around.

EDIT: Nate, darkTower, moo, and myself were playing around with the word filter. I found that "cooch" works (but not poop?) and Nate typed in "filibuster". Thus, I am no longer Matt Young. #37 on your CheapyD All-Stars is COOCH FILIBUSTER!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Magicking610']I'll try to play again today, so long as you guys don't piss on me again.[/QUOTE]

Magic, here's the thing. I sent you a message saying we were just fucking with you and asking if you were mad, and you ignored it. Not one of us was trying to be mean. We discussed it last night after you left. It's just that you talk a lot of shit, but you get angry when we give it back to you. It works both ways... just don't take things so seriously!

[quote name='Matt Young']Man... nobody was on but Magic, and he apparently hates/is ignoring us.[/QUOTE]
2 Things:

#1: What shit do I say?

And #2: When were you on?
I would of played if I saw you on. Also, I didn't ignore the message, it was 3:30 in the morning and I wanted to go to bed.

[quote name='Magicking610']2 Things:

#1: What shit do I say?

And #2: When were you on?
I would of played if I saw you on. Also, I didn't ignore the message, it was 3:30 in the morning and I wanted to go to bed.[/QUOTE]

Homestar mad

All right, just let it die. No reason to be mad. I told Magic he was going to be the running joke that night for scoring on his own goalie the night before. He took his beating. Let's move on.

All right, how many of you plan on coming to play tonight? I'm on now, but don't plan on starting until Nate arrives, since I wanted to make a fool of myself and play goalie.

I was actually tempted to say "I'm going to wait until I get my UFC beta code," but I might get stuck waiting all night. Also, are we going to try to cycle positions tonight? I want to get the gameplan sorted out before we start.

[quote name='Magicking610']I was actually tempted to say "I'm going to wait until I get my UFC beta code," but I might get stuck waiting all night. Also, are we going to try to cycle positions tonight? I want to get the gameplan sorted out before we start.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to wait for them to send you the code. Once you activate your account (they do send you an email for this), you then log in, click on "Rewards" at the top of the page, and then choose your system. It gives you the code instantly.

As for positions tonight, I don't care. Depends on how many people show up I guess, and how effective people are at what they're playing.

I set my account up about 20 minutes ago, and I'm waiting for the email. I'll check it tomorrow morning.

I'm going to jump into BAP for a bit to get used to playing goalie, then we'll field test it.

I am not sure whether I can join tonight. A friend showed up earlier just as I was getting ready to go to my doctor's appointment. he said he's come back "in a couple hours", so I'm going to see what happens with that. If he comes back, we'll probably just take turns playing the Reach beta.

[quote name='moojuice']Had to work tonite, thought I posted, whoops.[/QUOTE]

It's cool. We had a pretty good night. Won a decent amount of games. And Magic was telling us how you have competition for the team's starting goalie position.

It was fun playing with you guys, I ammmmm rusty lol but had fun playing defense and not winger! Didn't mind the hat trick too haha!

Well, it's obvious that I need a little more experience against REAL teams... Like the last game I played goalie, those games are something that practice won't do anything to help. But otherwise, yeah, it was a great night. Think we went 8-3-1 or something along those lines.

Anyways, I'll be on today if any of you want to play again.

EDIT: I decided to look at the team that beat us in OT yesterday, and I found out why they were picking me apart so easily.
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/762A0001/413/overview
They're rank 99 OVERALL with almost 1000 wins. Looking at some of their games (and their stats), I'm amazed we got to OT.

Last edited by a moderator:
So even though I've had this game for a few months, I never did any online stuff. Now I'm getting into it but no team to play with. I thought I'd check CAG to see if there were any teams here. If its too late to join or anything, that's fine, I figured I would check in and ask though.

You can join our team. The password is "quack"; info on page 1.

On a related note... don't you just hate when friends show up unannounced and then say they need a place to stay for a couple days? I sure as fuck do. I have barely gotten to play the Reach beta, UFC 2010 demo, and I missed hockey night.

Cool. Thanks. Hate to be the noob now, but when it asks about the player name, is that the character that I do Be A Pro with?

Matt's thinking of the league we had going. There is no password for the team. I had originally set it up as public, so anybody could join. But then we got a bunch of weird people who joined but wouldn't communicate with us when we asked who they were, so I thought I made it invite only. But then somebody mentioned that it was still public. Who knows. Anyway, just search for "CAG" or "CheapyD All Stars" and try to join. If it doesn't let you, I'll send you an invite the next time I pop the game in.

Yeah, I sent a request to join the club. Also, where it says player name, is that the player that I do Be A Pro with? Or do I create a new player for online? I won't be able to play tonight, but I should be able to tomorrow.

[quote name='KasterDB']Yeah, I sent a request to join the club. Also, where it says player name, is that the player that I do Be A Pro with? Or do I create a new player for online? I won't be able to play tonight, but I should be able to tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It's your BAP skater. Same player, but online stats are separate. If you haven't played online at all, you'll be starting with your amateur card and that set amount of attribute points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back