Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

You asked to be quoted, so I did.

We all know that this means Hogan is going to be showing up at the Impact Zone in a month to promote his new TNA Hogan DVD and start a feud with Bram.
Except TNA has pulled all their Hogan merch and removed him from their site as well.... not that it matters since TNA is gone soon enough anyways.

What did they do with Punk? I remember that video of him calling that fan a fag or whatever but did they actually do anything (suspension, etc?) Only thing I remember him being forced to apologize for was telling that guy to kill himself on Twitter.
I was thinking more of the lines of the website removing his name and merchandise, then later putting it back at a discount.

And in response to the news of Hogan being erased from history:

CKsg21xWcAANEwD.jpg

I wonder who will be replacing Hulk Hogan on Tough Enough...

I kind of hope it's Sting just to get him on WWE TV again, but it will probably be Rick Flair. 

Might actually be Bret Hart
That's what I heard too and that's a disappointment, Bret Hart was great inside the ring, but was always lacking on the mic and has been terrible in every non-wrestling role he has ever been given.

I hope they go with Ric Flair over Hart, but either way Tough Enough lost my interest last week when Patrick was cut from the show and my interest was already low for the show to begin with.

I don't watch it, but I know about Patrick because I've seen a lot of people talk about him. He seems to be pretty polarizing. I read where Foley said he was done watching TE because Patrick got sent home. He said it was too obvious it was a popularity contest and the winner wouldn't be the best for the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't watch it, but I know about Patrick because I've seen a lot of people talk about him. He seems to be pretty polarizing. I read where Foley said he was done watching TE because Patrick got sent home. He said it was too obvious it was a popularity contest and the winner wouldn't be the best for the job.
I've done a LOT of driving the last few weeks, and listened to a lot of podcasts. I'm a big fan of the MLW radio podcasts, even when I tend to roll my eyes a lot (esp. at Konnan, or somehow Disco Inferno turning a blog on what a piece of shit MMA fighter War Machine is into a treatise on golddigging fans who live to be offended - some kind of inane anti-SJW rant). A few things the guys on those shows have pointed out in the last few weeks w/r/t Tough Enough:

1) the current incarnation is boring as fuck

2) the eventual winner will have hellfire level heat in the NXT locker room, having a $250K contract off the bat

3) outside of Johnny Mundo and Miz, nobody on that show ever amounted to shit

I've done a LOT of driving the last few weeks, and listened to a lot of podcasts. I'm a big fan of the MLW radio podcasts, even when I tend to roll my eyes a lot (esp. at Konnan, or somehow Disco Inferno turning a blog on what a piece of shit MMA fighter War Machine is into a treatise on golddigging fans who live to be offended - some kind of inane anti-SJW rant). A few things the guys on those shows have pointed out in the last few weeks w/r/t Tough Enough:

2) the eventual winner will have hellfire level heat in the NXT locker room, having a $250K contract off the bat

Ryback is pretty successful. ;)

Ivelisse has done well for herself. Kenny King, Matt Morgan, Josh Matthews, and Jackie Gayda were also featured on the show.

Miz has come a long way and deserves all the credit in the world.

Ryback is pretty successful. ;)

Ivelisse has done well for herself. Kenny King, Matt Morgan, Josh Matthews, and Jackie Gayda were also featured on the show.

Miz has come a long way and deserves all the credit in the world.
TNA and WWE are both dumb to not have Ivelisse on their rosters. That girl can go and has the IT factor that most male wrestlers dont have these days.

Nidia had a decent run too. Also Cameron or whatever he name is who was eliminated first last season is doing pretty well now. Boogeyman was over enough to keep getting guest spots every now and then. Not to mention Awesome Kong and ODB, who were on the first or second season but didnt make the cut to enter the house.

I dont think anyone watches TE to see the next WWE star. They need to change the show into more of a behind the scenes look at the training of the next group of stars. Get rid of the elimination aspect of it.

TNA and WWE are both dumb to not have Ivelisse on their rosters. That girl can go and has the IT factor that most male wrestlers dont have these days.

Nidia had a decent run too. Also Cameron or whatever he name is who was eliminated first last season is doing pretty well now. Boogeyman was over enough to keep getting guest spots every now and then. Not to mention Awesome Kong and ODB, who were on the first or second season but didnt make the cut to enter the house.

I dont think anyone watches TE to see the next WWE star. They need to change the show into more of a behind the scenes look at the training of the next group of stars. Get rid of the elimination aspect of it.
I agree, I think Tough Enough would work better as a reality/documentary style show following a handful of current developmental talent. Similar to Total Divias, but less drama and more of a documentary style. Tough Enough is a great concept, but it's consistently executed poorly and aside from John Morrison I can't think of a single winner who has actually gone on to really do anything in the business, as you mentioned several talents who either didn't make it into the house or lost the contest have gone on to do some amazing work.

By the time I found out Hell in a Cell presales were active, everything in the 100 level was gone. PR level keeps offering me thethe exact same limited view seat.

Usually, my friend handles tickets. He's not coming out for HIAC, so it's on me. How does this work with presales? Do they only offer a limited selection of seats for each area, or is the entire 100 level really sold out already?

Friday is when general sales begin. Gonna try to order decent seats before heading to San Diego for the house show.

Morrison was the only winner that ever really amounted to more than what some of the others in the competitions did. Matt Cappotelli did some great stuff in OVW, but unfortunately had the brain tumor.

The other seasons, the non-winners have done more than the ones that actually won the prize. The first season, Nidia and Josh Mathews have had better careers than Maven. Chris Nowinski would've probably had a decent shot at a career if not for the concussions. Season 2, Matt Morgan and Kenny King have outshined both of the women that won. Even the competition they had on Smackdown, Miz and Ryback were the real stars to come out of that after Puder fizzled out.

p8Ey6aR.jpg

Well if there was ever any chance Rollins was gonna retain over Cena before, much like Cena's nose, it's gone now.
Came here expecting this would be all anyone would be talking about. You could tell instantly that the running knee caught him and that the blood and nose were not faked. Man such a nasty nasty break. I cant believe I am about to say this....but Cena deserves any push he gets. He does not need one but with the way he has put young talent over with such a passion recently, we got nothing to cry about(though they should have let Owens win the feud).

Man that sucks. Piper was SO fucking awesome in the early-mid 80's.

There is nothing I've seen that disproves the fact that Piper beating The Mountie at the Rumble to win the IC belt is the best feel-good title win of all time.

RIP Roddy.  I'd been watching some of the old Prime Times on the Network and was up to where returned and started feuding with Adrian over who had the better interview segment.  I think the next one up was when he came out with a bat and destroyed the Flower Shop.  

I am 44 years old and cannot believe how these deaths, have bummed me out over the year!!  My 11 year old son, is bummed too.

I didn't even know he had health problems. He was one of my favorites and it's beyond me why he never had a World Title reign. 

Also, Seth Rollins was on the Daily Show again. This time he also awarded Jon his greatest honor (or at least according to his son based on his excitement about the whole thing). 

https://youtu.be/RLNVCFGA3QE

Has anyone heard anything about John Cena? His broken nose looked particularly nasty and I hope it's not too serious. I kind of wonder if that injury will play into Cena's decision to stick with the WWE for a while longer or jump into doing more movies. The guy isn't getting any younger and I'm not really sure how much more his body can take week after week. 

He's off the road (or off shows) for the next few days, including Raw. Their SS feud just got legit heat (well, not actual animosity, but something rooted in the real world) where it had not a fucking iota before. So good for that, as long as the match is still on.

It's sad about Piper, but I typically don't get too heartbroken or misty-eyed about celebrities who pass. A good buddy of mine has always been a huge huge fan (moreso than me) and shared some really heartwarming stories about Piper, so I feel for my buddy.

That said, *this* meant everything to read yesterday.

Going to a show tonite (Faith No More), so I'm gonna miss UFC tonight. I really wanna see Rousey fight - she's possibly the most over fighter in the world right now. With that in mind, I'm not sure I wanna see her in wrestling right now. UFC can't find anyone who can last in the ring with her for longer than 30 seconds, so any kind of Rousey/Stephanie match would have to be booked very carefully so as to not look absurd (e.g., tag match of Rock/Ronda v HHH/Steph where 19 of 20 minutes is HHH/Rock, Steph plays the chickenshit heel who powders out at every opportunity, build to a hot tag and immediately go to an armbar finish where Rousey goes over). That's the only booking that would make sense and last longer than 90 seconds - but then the problem is that Rousey still gets 30 seconds of in-ring action, which can't be satisfying.

House show last night was pretty good. Owens vs. Cena cage match was replaced with Rollins vs. Ambrose inside the steel, for the title. Owens got to lose the opener against Chris Jericho. New Day's crazy antics and dancing were turned up from TV shows. Big E did a variation of the Rick Rude dance multiple times.

This was how the show began:

https://youtu.be/-jpchNcFW-Y

I can't believe he died. It's crazy. He was one of the wrestlers who I expected to live a hell of a lot longer. Sucks to see him die at such a young age too. 

I take it the WWE network is playing a ton of piper stuff? 

I don't wish death or ill-health on anyone but it's crazy that guys like Jake Roberts and Scott Hall are still alive. I bet they outlive Hogan.

God damn, that show was IN BRAZIL, Rousey was fighting a Brazilian, and the crowd was STILL chanting Ronda's name at the end. I don't know if she's surpassed Lesnar yet as far as UFC's biggest draw, but if not, if they can find someone who actually seems to pose a threat to her it should be the biggest numbers they've ever gotten.

Was kind of cool the first thing she did post-match was thank Piper.

bread's done
Back