Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Roufuss']Same.

The other problem is that it seems EVERYONE has the most recent guides, so those are impossible to trade off.[/quote]

True. It is the main reason why I have stopped getting extras; no one ever seems to want them and they just take up too much space.

[quote name='kell']True. It is the main reason why I have stopped getting extras; no one ever seems to want them and they just take up too much space.[/QUOTE]

Back in the day I used to grab 4 or 5 of each guide to trade with other CAG's, but it seems like I'd trade 1 or 2 of my extras off, and the rest would just sit here.

I still have copies of Ultimate Spider-Man I'll never get rid of :rofl:

I'm about to drag my stack of extras (that everyone seems to have) off to one of the small local game chains, as they sell guides (which is where I've picked up a few rarer ones) and buy them.

[quote name='Roufuss']Back in the day I used to grab 4 or 5 of each guide to trade with other CAG's, but it seems like I'd trade 1 or 2 of my extras off, and the rest would just sit here.

I still have copies of Ultimate Spider-Man I'll never get rid of :rofl:[/quote]

I'm in the same boat, my friend. Need for Speed Most Wanted, anyone?

I once thought I hit the jackpot finding multiple TMNT guides and others for $.02. Still have them...all of them...

[quote name='Roufuss']Back in the day I used to grab 4 or 5 of each guide to trade with other CAG's, but it seems like I'd trade 1 or 2 of my extras off, and the rest would just sit here.

I still have copies of Ultimate Spider-Man I'll never get rid of :rofl:[/quote]

I got a few copies of Ultimate Spiderman as well.

This is a rough list of what I have, some guides are already gone.

Auto Assault
Conker Live and Reloaded
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Duel Masters
Final Fantasy 7 Dirge of Cerberus
Godfather
Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
Guitar Hero 2
Half Life 2 Episode 1
Halo 2
Kameo
Mage Knight Apocalypse
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
NBA Live 07
Neverwinter Nights 2 World Editor
Prey
Quake 4
Sid Meirs Railroads
Socom Fireteam Bravo 2
Spartan Total Warrior
Star Wars Republic Commando
Stronghold Legends
Stubbs the zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Ultimate Spiderman

I've been tossing in additional guides of their choice to people who've been trading/buying from me on CAG lately, though some guides(Battlefield 2, MK Shaolin Monks) are pretty worthless and no one ever seems to want those. :whistle2:X

However, I know if I had copies of Atelier Iris 2 and Drakengard 2's guides up, they'd go first and I'd STILL be left with the rest of this dreck.

If it didn't cost $125 a month for a spot at the local flea market, I'd probably just grab a spot there. But, I tried that about a year ago and the guy wouldn't let me sell more than the guides, saying something about not wanting competition for one of his longest tenants who sells games(overprices em too, stuff from 01 for $23, anyone?).

Funniest part is, the guy who sells the games does have competition in a few people who sell a couple games every now and again. AND, I know where the original guy gets his games, which also happens to be where I snag all my games/guides lately.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm about to drag my stack of extras (that everyone seems to have) off to one of the small local game chains, as they sell guides (which is where I've picked up a few rarer ones) and buy them.[/QUOTE]

hey shrike, what extras were you mentioning you had in the guide thread?

Brian,

I'd like the Godfather guide. I'm so disappointed that I missed the last price drop (out of town). I'm looking for The Godfather, Saints Row, Tomb Raider: Legend, Dead Rising, Hitman: Blood Money and LOTR:BFME2. Last drop would've been very good for me. :( I was hoping to get some guides this month to trade, but it looks like Best Buy is skipping a month, and who knows when Toys R Us will do another drop.

-Venent

For easy viewing:
The Godfather
Saints Row
Tomb Raider: Legend
Dead Rising
Hitman: Blood Money
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2

I imagine I am not the only CAG who just started playing a 360, and most of my 360 titles are older, The Outfit, Prey, DOA 4, Rumble Roses
To be able to find a willing member to deal of a guide or two before they go to trash is great opportunity

[quote name='Romis']I imagine I am not the only CAG who just started playing a 360, and most of my 360 titles are older, The Outfit, Prey, DOA 4, Rumble Roses
To be able to find a willing member to deal of a guide or two before they go to trash is great opportunity[/QUOTE]
send me a PM. I got all those guides except Rumble Rose

Not sure if anyone is interested or not, but the Enchanted Arms guide was pennied out at GS/EB this week. I was finally able to pick it up :)

[quote name='Codester']Not sure if anyone is interested or not, but the Enchanted Arms guide was pennied out at GS/EB this week. I was finally able to pick it up :)[/quote]

Seems like there is a list to be had somewhere.

Any news on Best buy's suspected penny drop? Couple I wouldn't mind getting my hands on. Anyways CML, I have tons of recent and some older drops over the last couple of months.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Seems like there is a list to be had somewhere.[/quote]

You would think that with as many GS/EB employees we have on this board, getting a list wouldn't be a problem.

My extra were getting bad too, with the stores that I used to trade guides to having shut down or bought out, my only option is a store in Mississippi that still takes my guides for a buck store credit apiece, problem is most used items are way overpriced, so from a couple trips I was able to scrap together enough credit to get Warioware SM for roughly 50 penny guides

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']No disrespect intended, but I suggest we keep guide trade/sale talks to the appropriate thread, otherwise it can get cluttered in this thread and the posts with the store's guide deals can get overlooked:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but if I remember right the intent was to have this thread for posting guide drops only. The thread you linked to for guide trade lists only. and there was supposed to be a third thread for discussion of all guide related topics blah blah. We knew it would never work but I think that was the original intent. oh well...

I just unloaded a whole mess of extra guides. Big Brothers Big Sisters was picking up stuff in our neighborhood, so I gave a big pile to them. I don't know what they do with the stuff they get (sell it?, distribute it?), but I figured the guides might have a chance of finding a good home.

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']if you see a guide on the list instore, do you just bring it up to be rang up and it will come up a penny?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='garfep']Haha, wow, I love that the tax is somehow calculated as $0.30.[/quote]

Your state taxes shipping costs then.

Thanks for the heads up. Got one delivered since I had a $5 digital certificate they issued me back when I had ordered some $2/$5 games during the clearance that never arrived. Was going to expire at the end of April, so figured I'd use it now.

Well, have an update for everybody, this past week we were hoping for a drop from Best Buy, but nothing ever came to be. I was at work today and apparently the date of the fiscal month ending was today instead of last Saturday. This means that there is a chance of a drop this Monday morning coming up. I checked today for some notice, but nothing, and the store is closed company wide tomorow because of Easter, so I don't know how we're going to pull this one off. I think I just might make a ride in really early Monday morning, or give my boy who's opening that day a call, cause i don't know what other option we have.

Vahn, you're on EST, right?

I'll go ahead and say it so there aren't 14 other posts saying the same thing...thanks, Vahn.

Only reason the GF guide has dropped(again) is due to the PS3/Wii versions of the game coming out.

3 versions of one guide for one game? What's the record for versions of guides released when new versions of the game release on diff systems I wonder?

[quote name='vahn401']Well, have an update for everybody, this past week we were hoping for a drop from Best Buy, but nothing ever came to be. I was at work today and apparently the date of the fiscal month ending was today instead of last Saturday. This means that there is a chance of a drop this Monday morning coming up. I checked today for some notice, but nothing, and the store is closed company wide tomorow because of Easter, so I don't know how we're going to pull this one off. I think I just might make a ride in really early Monday morning, or give my boy who's opening that day a call, cause i don't know what other option we have.[/quote]

That's some damn commitment.

Like Neo said, we appreciate it.

The PSP/PS2/Xbox/360 version of the Godfather guide is STILL listed as a penny on BB's site. So, for now, that's the only guide you can probably grab today. You should be able to grab 1-2 or so of it or more, since all the BB stores were closed yesterday for Easter.

If I hadn't already grabbed about 3-5 of these when they pennied the original version , I'd be right there with you guys.

So, do you guys think we'll have a drop today? I was hoping to hear something before I have to go out and try to score those $1.99 games.

i gave best Buy a call and there doesn't seem to be any form of a drop today. Most of the guides that we would expect to drop are still on the site anyway. Looks like the month of April is just a bomb in the drop department.

[quote name='vahn401']i gave best Buy a call and there doesn't seem to be any form of a drop today. Most of the guides that we would expect to drop are still on the site anyway. Looks like the month of April is just a bomb in the drop department.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, vahn.

I couldn't find the Lego Star Wars II guide on Best Buy's site. Anybody looked for it lately or has it been pulled recently?

[quote name='kdunn77']I couldn't find the Lego Star Wars II guide on Best Buy's site. Anybody looked for it lately or has it been pulled recently?[/QUOTE]
It hasn't dropped yet, but its expected to next.

Gotta love Best Buy. I went in looking for some cheap games, and decided to check out the guides section. I usually don't bother at this store because this is the one that pulled everything the morning of the last drop a month ago.

But what do I see but the Nintendo Pokemon Ranger guide (which I had never seen before but I knew the other wasn't cheap), the smaller Yoshi's Island guide, and a Sims Pets guide. Those 3 I hadn't been able to find at the other store that did leave stuff out a month ago. Wierd - anyway, I snagged them and they rang up as expected. Too bad I just traded for the Yoshi guide :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back