Rightstuf's 12+ Days of Christmas sale [DEAD]

toldawg128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Taken from an e-mail:

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier – with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we’ll send you the latest addition to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until midnight, December 24th. (No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to the homepage and click the "12+ Days of Christmas" banner each day to see new additions to the sale. Sale ends midnight December 24th.

Day 1 (12/04): Inu Yasha Season 2 DVD Box Set Deluxe Edition: $49.99
Day 2 (12/05): Vision of Escaflowne DVD Complete Collection: $22.49
Day 3 (12/06): Desert Punk, 1-6 DVD Bundle: $74.99
Day 4 (12/07): Genshiken DVD Premium Collection: $29.99
Day 5 (12/08): Case Closed Season 1 DVD Bundle: $47.99
Day 6 (12/09): Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars DVD Bundle: $59.99
Day 7 (12/10): Flame of Recca DVD Bundle: $54.99
Day 8 (12/11): Outlaw Star Complete Collection DVD: $22.49
Day 9 (12/12): Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU DVD Complete Collection: $24.99
Day 10 (12/13): Giant Robo DVD/CD Combo Bundle: $12.99
Day 11 (12/14): Excel Saga DVD Complete Collection: $29.99
Day 12 (12/15): Samurai Champloo DVD Box Set: $79.99

[quote name='WTK']A Bundle of Anime Joy from Right Stuf

- Saiyuki Reload DVD Box Set: $63.99
- Armor Trooper Votoms DVD Collection: $59.98
- X TV Series Remix DVD Set: $49.99
- A Little Snow Fairy Sugar DVD Box Set: $39.99
- Chobits Mini Box 1 + 2 Bundle: $39.99
- Paranoia Agent DVD Box Set: $39.99
- Trigun DVD Set 2 Limited Collector's Edition: $35.99
- Piano: The Complete Collection DVD: $29.99
- Elfen Lied DVD Collection: $24.99
- Shadow Star Narutaru DVD Collection: $24.99
- Kamichu! DVD 1 Little Diety Limited Edition + Artbox: $14.99
- Fantastic Children DVD 1 Special Edition w/CD: $12.99
- Fafner DVD 1: Arcadian Project + Artbox: $9.99
- Gad Guard DVD 1: Lightning + Artbox: $9.99
- Stellvia DVD 1: Foundation I + Limited Edition Artbox: $9.99
- DearS DVD 1: 1st Contact + Artbox: $9.99
- Koi Kaze DVD 1 + Artbox: $9.99
- Patlabor Movie 3: WXIII DVD Special Edition: $14.99
- Sakura Taisen: Ecole de Paris DVD: $9.99
- Tactics DVD 1: $9.99
- Noein DVD 1: $7.99[/quote]
Special thanks to WTK

[quote name='Apossum']I thought I read somewhere that anime is really expensive over there and almost always has less episodes per disc.[/QUOTE]
*Obscenely* expensive, even at Japan's normally-cheap used prices. But someday I'm going to own those Utena R2's, damnit...

[quote name='Sailorneorune']I may pick up Escaflowne...

to the Berserk fans: there's a boxset (the Box of War) sitting at a local store with a $75 tag on it... if any of you get desperate, I can try to help.[/quote]

It's also been like only 80 something at Overstock forever now. That's where I got mine.

[quote name='Apossum']I won't consider myself lucky, I'll consider Japan less lucky ;) I thought I read somewhere that anime is really expensive over there and almost always has less episodes per disc.[/quote]Cost of living in Japan is really expensive to begin with.

[quote name='furyk']Conan is a great show that just wasn't marketed right for the US. Well worth a pick up.[/quote]Like any recent years [Adult Swim] acquisitions are marketed correctly.
cigar.gif

No, no, no Rightstuf.

*louder voice* YU YU HAKUSHO BOX SETS *louder* FOR $35 A PIECE!!

Thank you.

Hell, I'll take a Season 2 Kenshin for $30. Just give us something here Righstuf! You're losing your audience day by day!

Oh, wait I got it. Gundam Seed Bundle for $50. No? Well, I thought that would be a pretty good draw...Your loss Rightstuf...I'm just trying to help.

[quote name='Ndolger']No, no, no Rightstuf.

*louder voice* YU YU HAKUSHO BOX SETS *louder* FOR $35 A PIECE!!

Thank you.

Hell, I'll take a Season 2 Kenshin for $30. Just give us something here Righstuf! You're losing your audience day by day!

Oh, wait I got it. Gundam Seed Bundle for $50. No? Well, I thought that would be a pretty good draw...Your loss Rightstuf...I'm just trying to help.[/quote]

Excel Saga Imperfect Collection would be nice.
Cheap Gantz sets
A Gilgamesh set would be nice, but in the $40 range (I don't know if it is any good, but it sounds interesting)
Gasaraki again

These are all options, but I agree a Berserk or Gankutsuou or Paranoia Agent or Tenjho Tenge boxset/set for cheap would blow me right out of the water

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']These are all options, but I agree a Berserk or Gankutsuou or Paranoia Agent or Tenjho Tenge boxset/set for cheap would blow me right out of the water[/QUOTE]

Yes to all but Tenjho, but that is only because I never saw any of it and it didn't really strike me as something I'd care much for.

Gankutsuou? Hell yes.

[quote name='Strell']Yes to all but Tenjho, but that is only because I never saw any of it and it didn't really strike me as something I'd care much for.

Gankutsuou? Hell yes.[/quote]

I caught some episodes during the summer at Comic-con and it really intrigued me. I really liked what I saw of the show. I didn't start from the first episode so i was missing some backstory, but I thought the premise sounded interesting enough that if I see rightstuf prop it up on sale I'd grab it.

That azumanga box is nice. The problem is finding the discs for the set can get costlier than just picking up the thinpack.

And when/if TRSI gives a really great anime for a good price, I don't want to hear anyone complaining about them taking more of your money. I for one am glad there are no sales here right now. I spent $200 at their bountiful sale and if they had another killer sale, I'd either miss out on great deals or have no money for Christmas shopping.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Excel Saga Imperfect Collection would be nice.
[/QUOTE]

It should still be 18 bucks up on Bestbuy's internal website. I doubt Rightstuf could offer it cheaper.

Personally, I enjoyed Genshiken a lot, if you consider yourself fairly significant into anime and video games, I beleive you would enjoy it. It does drag a bit, but ultimately, it has a good amount of laughs and I think a lot of people whom consider anime and video games to be big hobbies for them would like it as well.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Excel Saga Imperfect Collection would be nice.
Cheap Gantz sets
A Gilgamesh set would be nice, but in the $40 range (I don't know if it is any good, but it sounds interesting)
Gasaraki again

These are all options, but I agree a Berserk or Gankutsuou or Paranoia Agent or Tenjho Tenge boxset/set for cheap would blow me right out of the water[/quote]

Excel Saga is $18 at Best Buy; Paranoia Agent is $35 at FYE/Suncoast/Wherehouse/Strawberries/Sam Goody.

Gilgamesh is still a high selling series (saw a USED set go for $120 on ebay). I wouldnt expect a major drop or deal anytime soon.

[quote name='toldawg128']Here's another rightstuf.com deal for all you EVA fans:

Neon Genesis Evangelion Perfect DVD Collection: $38.99

Found this looking through the bargain bin. I think they just lowered it. THERE'S ONLY A COUPLE LEFT!

I just ordered the platinum collection (twinpack) from buy.com, and I'm not sure if I want this instead.[/QUOTE]

the Platinum collection was all remastered and has a couple director's cut episodes. I'd pass.

[quote name='Apossum']the Platinum collection was all remastered and has a couple director's cut episodes. I'd pass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Platinum version literally looks like a different show.

Next on my list of alternatives to Rightstuf's shitty deals this year (so far) is Ergo Proxy Vol. 1. This show is made of win. Not as much win as Hellsing Ultimate, but enough to make the average consumer shit himself.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeah, the Platinum version literally looks like a different show.

Next on my list of alternatives to Rightstuf's shitty deals this year (so far) is Ergo Proxy Vol. 1. This show is made of win. Not as much win as Hellsing Ultimate, but enough to make the average consumer shit himself.[/QUOTE]

Ergo Proxy is pretty awesome. I watched the whole thing in 2 days :oops:

[quote name='Bezerker']Excel Saga is $18 at Best Buy; Paranoia Agent is $35 at FYE/Suncoast/Wherehouse/Strawberries/Sam Goody.

Gilgamesh is still a high selling series (saw a USED set go for $120 on ebay). I wouldnt expect a major drop or deal anytime soon.[/quote]

I'm worried of ordering Excel Saga from BB because when I did order some box sets from them they came looking like somebody had played kick ball with them before putting them in the box.

I have never seen Paranoia Agent at my FYE/Suncoast/Sam Goody so no go there.

And that's why I mentioned that if they put up Gilgamesh it would be a crazy good deal.

[quote name='Drahken']It should still be 18 bucks up on Bestbuy's internal website. I doubt Rightstuf could offer it cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Really? *goes to look*

I see $68. Which sucks, I'd jump on the Imperfect set for $20 or less... I already have the series, I just want the fuckin' box!:bomb:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Really? *goes to look*

I see $68. Which sucks, I'd jump on the Imperfect set for $20 or less... I already have the series, I just want the fuckin' box!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

INTERNAL WEBSITE aka Kiosk unless you physically went to the store and checked and they raised the price. Another example of this is the Last Exile boxset 31.99 instore 169 something for the website we can access.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm worried of ordering Excel Saga from BB because when I did order some box sets from them they came looking like somebody had played kick ball with them before putting them in the box.
[/QUOTE]

I did 2nd day air and my box was in perfect condition with good packaging. Same goes for the Last Exile boxset I just got.

I ordered two and they came in perfect.
Want one?
[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm worried of ordering Excel Saga from BB because when I did order some box sets from them they came looking like somebody had played kick ball with them before putting them in the box.

I have never seen Paranoia Agent at my FYE/Suncoast/Sam Goody so no go there.

And that's why I mentioned that if they put up Gilgamesh it would be a crazy good deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chacrana']Probably the worst miss yet. My backlog of anime DVDs is at 51 DVDs, so I guess it's a good thing.[/quote]

Try having a backlog of about 150-200 dvds. Damn tv shows and boxsets.

[quote name='Drahken']INTERNAL WEBSITE aka Kiosk unless you physically went to the store and checked and they raised the price. Another example of this is the Last Exile boxset 31.99 instore 169 something for the website we can access.[/QUOTE]

Well that explains my confusion- I've never seen a kiosk in my local BB (unless this involves actually tracking down an employee and having them do it? *rarely shops for anime offline*)

I think I am going to be in for Escaflowne. I have heard a lot about it and would like to finally see what it is all about. $26.49 shipped is awesome.

Yes, Escaflowne is a good deal. But if there isn't another "good" deal; I'll end up passing. I've got to maintain the CAG way, and not buy something unless I get free shipping.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Well that explains my confusion- I've never seen a kiosk in my local BB (unless this involves actually tracking down an employee and having them do it? *rarely shops for anime offline*)[/QUOTE]

Most stores usally have 3 of them, there is always one near Customer Service just look for a desktop computer, you can click on a bestbuy.com icon or the credit card one. Bewarned though they are kind of buggy and don't always work right.

Day 8 was just posted:

Outlaw Star Anime Legends edition

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/-kf0qqut-6mXdBJVpO/browse/item/68508/4/0/0

Great phenomenal show and at this price you'd be stupid to not pick it up, but this is another miss for me as I already own it and the better looking box, Perfect Collection. Got it for roughly the same price after one of their studio sales so some might want to still hold up on it, but it may push those with Escaflowne orders over the free ship threshold.

The Outlaw Star picture looks to thick to be a thinpack, but it doesnt look thick enough to put a lot of DVDs in. Is it one of those Kenshin style boxes where the discs dont have real cases?

Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting the picture :p

Order Outlaw Star Collection today.

I used to watch this after night classes a few years ago on Toonami on Carton Network. Always emjoyed the show but was never willing to buy it for $50 but for $22.49 its a great deal.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']The Outlaw Star picture looks to thick to be a thinpack, but it doesnt look thick enough to put a lot of DVDs in. Is it one of those Kenshin style boxes where the discs dont have real cases?

Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting the picture :p[/QUOTE]

The Outlaw Star packaging is akin to what you get with a bootleg. It's just folded a bunch of times. There's no cases. It's pretty shitty packaging so I'd go with the original box set. If anything, Rightstuf prompted me to buy Outlaw Star... just somewhere else.

Outlaw Star is one of my favorite series, totally worth the money here. I picked up the dvd's back when they first came out for about $40 a set if I remember correctly (there were 3). You get one extra episode here that wasn't shown on Toonami due to the excessive boobage.

bread's done
Back