RIP Steve Jobs OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='munch']Sounds horrible. From the way you guys have described this game there is no way any same person should touch it.[/QUOTE]

The game is really good, just like demon's souls. It's just... more throwback in terms of challenge/difficulty than a lot of gamers who might like that sort of game can handle. I've spent most of my game time playing it since it came out and I think I'm only 40% through it, max, and I'm already thinking about how I want to play NG+.

There are two factors in play: lack of hand-holding: they expect you to learn by trial and error and exploration; and rewarding skill -- occasionally something cheap will happen, but 90% or more of the time I've played both souls games, the number of times I had it stomp on my balls for fun that *weren't* my own fault I can probably count on 1 hand.

It's sort of like a cousin to games like Ninja Gaiden and DMC4, where it's heavily combat focused, but instead of focusing on flashiness, the game steps down the complexity of the combat a bit in terms of variation and style in favor of variety. There's a plethora of different ways to play it: become a tank with heavy melee, sneak around as a thief and backstab from the shadows, become a powerful sorcerer/mage/cleric where you use forms of magic to defeat enemies. And this doesn't even start touching some of the new things they added to the online, like covenants. Fight your way through a forbidden forest to talk to a chesire cat who asks you to swear an oath to protect the forest and it will stop all the human-type entities who dwell there from assaulting you when you venture in. Furthermore, put on the ring she gives you and you will be called at her will to "protect" the forest. That is, if someone steps into the forest in their game under the right conditions, you are teleported there to kill them for her. And if you manage to kill enough intruders you're rewarded with a ring that makes you practically invisible, which is useful for taking on other players and avoiding enemies or sneak attacking enemies in the main game.

God, I could probably babble about the awesomeness of it forever, but it's not for everyone. Some people don't want to put the time into it, some people won't ever get over the death mechanic, and that's okay, it's not their type of game. :D

[quote name='PlumeNoir']
bustedsmall.jpg

Of course, not even four blocks away, there were about four more "ladies of the evening"...

[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of officers for one girl.:whistle2:k

[quote name='eaglestrikeforce']That's a lot of officers for one girl.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

And there was a fourth cop near the front of the car. I was sitting at the traffic light, watching this; all I could think was it seemed to be overkill. They were putting her in cuffs when I drove away...

Should finally be able to finish gears tonight but with one person, not 4. I love the idea of 4 player coop but getting 4 people together with different work schedules is annoying.

So can't wait to get this week over with. Even though I work similar total hours next week, it feels like I'll have a lot more time to actually do stuff.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']And there was a fourth cop near the front of the car. I was sitting at the traffic light, watching this; all I could think was it seemed to be overkill. They were putting her in cuffs when I drove away...[/QUOTE]

She could have been a victim as well. Or maybe just nothing going on that early in the AM, so everyone comes around.

[quote name='eaglestrikeforce']She could have been a victim as well. Or maybe just nothing going on that early in the AM, so everyone comes around.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I recognize her - I have seen her many times on my way into work. What I suspect happened is that she strayed across the street into Dearborn's terroitory. On the other side of the road (in the pic, it'd be to the driver's side, as that pic was through the passenger window) there is a strip club on the corner and a "no-tell" next to it. There's usually a lot of girl activity within a few blocks of there. Then, about a mile down the road, is another area where they group, near another strip club.

Have to load the dishwasher and then package up my Amazon and Goozex trade ins. Can hopefully get a half hour of Etrian Odyssey 3 in before it's time for work.

Eating yummy homemade Pecan Pralines.

[quote name='Rocko']Relationships are difficult.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

You ain't seen nothing yet. ;)
___

Castlevania: Lords of Shadows is a good game. Enjoying it very much.

I finally broke down and bought the last dlc for fallout 3. Once I'm done with the game I'm going to sell it and be done with this unhealthy obsession.

Boardwalk Empire is so fuggin good.

Also, Two Broke Girls is atrocious but got dang I could stare at Kat Denning all day long. Her friend on the show is hot too.

Well, I must say I did not expect my MS points from the Bing Reward Program to arrive 2 hours after I cashed in my reward points.

I have a 16 gb white iPhone 4 and the lock button is stuck. If I wait for like 2 weeks to go to Verizon about it and all they have left are 8 gb, will they give me a 16 gb 4s? Since 16 is discontinued for iPhone 4?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The game is really good, just like demon's souls. It's just... more throwback in terms of challenge/difficulty than a lot of gamers who might like that sort of game can handle. I've spent most of my game time playing it since it came out and I think I'm only 40% through it, max, and I'm already thinking about how I want to play NG+.

There are two factors in play: lack of hand-holding: they expect you to learn by trial and error and exploration; and rewarding skill -- occasionally something cheap will happen, but 90% or more of the time I've played both souls games, the number of times I had it stomp on my balls for fun that *weren't* my own fault I can probably count on 1 hand.

It's sort of like a cousin to games like Ninja Gaiden and DMC4, where it's heavily combat focused, but instead of focusing on flashiness, the game steps down the complexity of the combat a bit in terms of variation and style in favor of variety. There's a plethora of different ways to play it: become a tank with heavy melee, sneak around as a thief and backstab from the shadows, become a powerful sorcerer/mage/cleric where you use forms of magic to defeat enemies. And this doesn't even start touching some of the new things they added to the online, like covenants. Fight your way through a forbidden forest to talk to a chesire cat who asks you to swear an oath to protect the forest and it will stop all the human-type entities who dwell there from assaulting you when you venture in. Furthermore, put on the ring she gives you and you will be called at her will to "protect" the forest. That is, if someone steps into the forest in their game under the right conditions, you are teleported there to kill them for her. And if you manage to kill enough intruders you're rewarded with a ring that makes you practically invisible, which is useful for taking on other players and avoiding enemies or sneak attacking enemies in the main game.

God, I could probably babble about the awesomeness of it forever, but it's not for everyone. Some people don't want to put the time into it, some people won't ever get over the death mechanic, and that's okay, it's not their type of game. :D[/QUOTE]

From everything you say about it and all the things I've seen while watching you play it, it seems kind of like a live-action version of Magic with the different classes and spells and some things being good against X but not Y, etc.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Nah, I recognize her - I have seen her many times on my way into work. What I suspect happened is that she strayed across the street into Dearborn's terroitory. On the other side of the road (in the pic, it'd be to the driver's side, as that pic was through the passenger window) there is a strip club on the corner and a "no-tell" next to it. There's usually a lot of girl activity within a few blocks of there. Then, about a mile down the road, is another area where they group, near another strip club.[/QUOTE]

You seem entirely too familiar not only with her, but also the area...

[quote name='Rocko']I have a 16 gb white iPhone 4 and the lock button is stuck. If I wait for like 2 weeks to go to Verizon about it and all they have left are 8 gb, will they give me a 16 gb 4s? Since 16 is discontinued for iPhone 4?[/QUOTE]

No.

To elaborate, one of my client's iPads broke. The mother brought it to the Verizon store a couple weeks ago and they replaced it with an iPad 1, not 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the apple store? Would they really replace my 16gb with an 8 gb?

If they were still making 16GB iPhone 4 units I'd agree with you, but would they really replace my phone with a downgrade?

[quote name='Rocko']What about the apple store? Would they really replace my 16gb with an 8 gb?

If they were still making 16GB iPhone 4 units I'd agree with you, but would they really replace my phone with a downgrade?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure... they'd probably find you a refurb. :p

For some reason I think VZW phones are supposed to be handled by VZW; so the apple store may or may not agree to look at it. Most likely, if they did, they would take it apart and unstick the button?

Honestly I don't care what they do, new phone or just fix the thing. I'm read some accounts of people bringing their phone to Apple, but I don't know what carrier it was on... they sell both carriers at Apple stores though, AFAIK.

To be safe I guess I'll just take it to Verizon tomorrow. I'd rather just get my phone back than have a 8GB phone.

[quote name='Rocko']What about the apple store? Would they really replace my 16gb with an 8 gb?

If they were still making 16GB iPhone 4 units I'd agree with you, but would they really replace my phone with a downgrade?[/QUOTE]

I mean, the iPad 2 came out in what, April?

And this mom got her iPad 1 replaced with an iPad 1 a few weeks back.

[quote name='seanr1221']I mean, the iPad 2 came out in what, April?

And this mom got her iPad 1 replaced with an iPad 1 a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

Did they stop selling the iPad 1? If so, I see your point. I don't know anything about iPads.

[quote name='Chika']You seem entirely too familiar not only with her, but also the area...[/QUOTE]

Now now let's not assume the worst

That's TOTALLY what I was thinking!

[quote name='Chika']

You seem entirely too familiar not only with her, but also the area...[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I drive that way back and forth to work every day and get stopped at the lights; you can't help but notice the ladies walking the streets and start to learn faces. I can almost set my watch (if I wore one) by who is out.

Remember, this is also the area where I stopped for gas and was approached by a religious nut on the way in and a hooker on the way out.

[quote name='Rocko']Did they stop selling the iPad 1? If so, I see your point. I don't know anything about iPads.[/QUOTE]

Yes they discontinued them back in March when the iPad 2 came out.

http://www.minyanville.com/dailyfeed/apple-shuts-down-ipad-production/

As for your situation, I'm pretty sure they'll replace yours with the same make and generation model. It's not like they're gonna get rid of all their stock once the new products come out. You got people who bought Applecare and other similar insurance plans that they gotta have in stock to replace.

Good news: BF3 beta was apparently not representative of the actual game which is slower paced and more like Bad Company 2 than the beta suggests.

Bad news: PSN hacked again

[quote name='Maklershed']Good news: BF3 beta was apparently not representative of the actual game which is slower paced and more like Bad Company 2 than the beta suggests.

Bad news: PSN hacked again[/QUOTE]

According to the press release it's not so much "PSN got hacked" as "Some guys attempted to use 93,000 phished accounts at once and we noticed it. If you were stupid you might want to change your data"

I'm amazed this iOS update is only going to take 15 minutes on wifi. When I updated to iOS 4 it was something like an hour and a half on a wired connection.

Verizon is sending me a new iPhone. :D

Do I have to do anything special to get my pics and contacts on to iTunes so I can sync them to my new iPhone?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rocko']Honestly I don't care what they do, new phone or just fix the thing. I'm read some accounts of people bringing their phone to Apple, but I don't know what carrier it was on... they sell both carriers at Apple stores though, AFAIK.

To be safe I guess I'll just take it to Verizon tomorrow. I'd rather just get my phone back than have a 8GB phone.[/QUOTE]
Verizon's going to laugh at you and tell you to go to Apple, at which point Apple will replace it with a 16gb refurbished phone. They keep stock at least two or three generations back solely for this purpose.

EDIT: I'm surprised VZW is replacing it and not Apple, but you're probably getting a refurb. Sync the old and let it back up, and plug the new one in and restore from that backup.

What a great welcome to the real world from the power company. "Make everything easy and pay your bill online!" That will be a $5 fee. Want to save the charge and pay in person? That will be a $2 convenience charge. Assholes.

[quote name='Eviltude']What a great welcome to the real world from the power company. "Make everything easy and pay your bill online!" That will be a $5 fee. Want to save the charge and pay in person? That will be a $2 convenience charge. Assholes.[/QUOTE]

My company pays people five bucks for moving to online only billing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back