RPG Thread XIII-2: Tough Moms Always Die Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they stealth reprinted Persona for PSP. Pretty much every Gamestop around here suddenly has a used one(s), and that is extremely unlikely under any other circumstances.

Not really digging Fable 2 at all. My obsessive side won't let me stop playing until I max it out. I'm guessing the vague story, lack of character development and combat are just not my thing. There's definitely a lot of cool things in the game but it's almost too much for me, if that makes any sense. The ability to do jobs, get married, have a child, own shops, rent out homes and everything else definitely adds a whole other aspect to the game but it's just not me.

Hopefully I can finish it soon and get started on something else.. undecided as to what that is yet.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Not really digging Fable 2 at all. My obsessive side won't let me stop playing until I max it out.[/QUOTE]
If you do finish it up, let me know. :) I still need a bunch of achievements in that game and most/all of them can be "gifted" in a co-op session.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']If you do finish it up, let me know. :) I still need a bunch of achievements in that game and most/all of them can be "gifted" in a co-op session.[/QUOTE]

For sure. It's not a matter of "if" just a matter of "when" :cool: Hopefully my $8 3 month card from BB gets out of "backorder" soon because I haven't had Live for a while now.

I just remembered I still have you on my friends list from god knows when. I think we were supposed to boost Bioshock 2 but I never did it, looks like you finished it though :cry:

I'll shoot you a PM once I finish it though, as I'm gonna need some assistance on the expressions. From the guides I was reading, one or two is only available from the Pub games XBLA title or something, definitely not willing to invest in that.

[quote name='cindersphere']I agree a lot with the rpg moving to a smaller screen, especially in terms of the psp, which has rocked some great rpgs.[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing plenty on PSN on sale that I'd love to pick up. I don't have a PSP though. (Or the time to play them)

I don't understand you Sony, can't you just make those downloadble PSP games run on my :ps3: Must you force me to buy the hardware?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Atelier Totori was amazing, and I'll fight anyone who attempts to say otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I'm due for a beating, then. I got this through gamefly. Played it for about an hour, and that was enough.

The weird, lanky character models. The annoying dialogue. (Waaa! I wanted to apologize! Waaa!) The needing two or three button presses in order to "Take All". Button presses for entering/exiting a building.
Having to go back to your room to save. The tiny text during the alchemy parts.

I played through Atelier Iris on the :ps2: played through some of Mana Khmenia as well. I'm not playing this.

Started playing Digital Devil Saga 2.The story is getting really good now,since they are starting to answer questions.Also like the revamped mantra system,and the environments are huge improvement over the first game.

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm due for a beating, then. I got this through gamefly. Played it for about an hour, and that was enough.

The weird, lanky character models. The annoying dialogue. (Waaa! I wanted to apologize! Waaa!) The needing two or three button presses in order to "Take All". Button presses for entering/exiting a building.
Having to go back to your room to save. The tiny text during the alchemy parts.

I played through Atelier Iris on the :ps2: played through some of Mana Khmenia as well. I'm not playing this.[/QUOTE]
It's all right. I expect you to hate most things.

Hey thread, I've been eying Tactis Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and Ys: Oath in Felgana on the BF sales. I've never played a game in either series. Tell me about them and make recommendations?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hey thread, I've been eying Tactis Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and Ys: Oath in Felgana on the BF sales. I've never played a game in either series. Tell me about them and make recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Well the sales probably over by now, but:

Tactics Ogre is a grid based tactical RPG like the name suggests, it's a bit more difficult than final fantasy tactics and disgaea but with more a more serious storyline with if I recall correctly 2 different story paths to take. I've always enjoyed the game but it can be rather difficult and frustrating at times so I've never have actually managed to beat it myself.

Ys is an action RPG series, a bit like old 2D SNES Zelda, Alundra. You stomp lots of monsters to level up and buy new swords shields and armor to stomp bigger monsters, wash, rinse, repeat.

Both are very good series and reasonably different from your standard jrpg fair.

Happy Late Thanksgiving!!

I didnt get to play any RPGs this long weekend, even tho I brought Parasite Eve and Persona 1 with me lol.

regardless I am thankful for the Persona 4 soundtrack!!!

becoz it's awesome!!!

We are mowing our lawns!!!

da duh duh dun da duh. da duh duh dun da duh.

abound with so much information!!!

cmon! let's go! the ramone! dont u kno, u living on a jungle day.

try to flip a boat like a cookie on a moat but I dont use it hey I'm lean cuisine.

loading loading loading, pig feet eating maximum capacity.

want it want it want it. I'm gonna shout sucky no identity.

ahh!

California potato powers! catch the raisin oh the hoe word!

stupid mountain will get u nowhere! you're the topping no miiiiiind.

*clap*

we all drown in a maze of relationships!

life goes on with or without you.

I swim in the sea of the unconscious.

I search for my heart, pursue my true seeeeeelf.

I think i might be at my breaking point with Clash of Heroes on the :ds:

On the final heroes story but the first three boss battles at the beginning of the Academy (w/o a Save Point!!) were killing me. After a half hour of frustration, I dont feel like giong back.

At Year 3 in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. My husband and I are playing co-op and though we had a rough start, it's been fairly smooth sailing since then. Also, that game must have the cutest moogles in the entire FF series.

[quote name='eldergamer']On the final heroes story but the first three boss battles at the beginning of the Academy (w/o a Save Point!!) were killing me. After a half hour of frustration, I dont feel like giong back.[/QUOTE]
Don't blame you. I hated that part of the game. They really should've structured that whole last chapter differently; hope that was one of the things that was changed for the XBLA/PSN version.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hey thread, I've been eying Tactis Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and Ys: Oath in Felgana on the BF sales. I've never played a game in either series. Tell me about them and make recommendations?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zionoverfire']Well the sales probably over by now,

Both are very good series and reasonably different from your standard jrpg fair.[/QUOTE]

The sale is still going as part of cyber Monday.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I ended up ordering Tactics Ogre.[/QUOTE]
I got that for my birthday this month, so I was quite pleased with the gift. :lol:

And I ordered Ys: The Oath in Felghana

[quote name='eldergamer']I think i might be at my breaking point with Clash of Heroes on the :ds:

On the final heroes story but the first three boss battles at the beginning of the Academy (w/o a Save Point!!) were killing me. After a half hour of frustration, I dont feel like giong back.[/QUOTE]

The Academy has a number of hard battles, gremlins and massive wall piles are your friends, also you're almost finished.:D

whooo~!!! 2 pieces of good news!!

good news the first, I changed mine ringtone to the Persona 4 opening!!

so now when sum1 calls me I can literally drown in the sea of relationships!!!

good news #2, DoDonPachi is on sale at Zavvi for 15 GBP!

so I took advantage of it and also picked up a copy of Xenoblade!!

I cant wait to place this game in a shelf of backlogged games where it will reside for at least the next 8 years.

I'm sure by the time I finally decide to play it, I'd prolly already repurchased it digitally on the Nintendo Doobie Doo Entertainment System.

[quote name='JEKKI']whooo~!!! 2 pieces of good news!!

good news the first, I changed mine ringtone to the Persona 4 opening!!

so now when sum1 calls me I can literally drown in the sea of relationships!!!

good news #2, DoDonPachi is on sale at Zavvi for 15 GBP!

so I took advantage of it and also picked up a copy of Xenoblade!!

I cant wait to place this game in a shelf of backlogged games where it will reside for at least the next 8 years.

I'm sure by the time I finally decide to play it, I'd prolly already repurchased it digitally on the Nintendo Doobie Doo Entertainment System.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say you do heroine =P

i picked 4 psp games...

third birthday, dissidia duodecim, legend of heroes, tactics ogre.

i'm sure i will play none of them.

I really wish Atlus would come out with Persona 5 soon, I can't wait to start playing a new Persona game! Or even just a new SMT game like Nocturne or DDS.

[quote name='zionoverfire']The Academy has a number of hard battles, gremlins and massive wall piles are your friends, also you're almost finished.:D[/QUOTE]

I couldnt even get past the three boss battles at the beginning. The elf one where there's three champion monsters linked ready to destroy you in 5 turns. Ugh.

Moving on to Luminous Arc 2. (Never played the first one)

Was going to play FF IV on the :ds: but for some reason this copy i got from goozex over a year ago doesnt seem to work.

[quote name='momouchi']I really wish Atlus would come out with Persona 5 soon, I can't wait to start playing a new Persona game! Or even just a new SMT game like Nocturne or DDS.[/QUOTE]

Devil Survivor 2 will be out in a few months

Started Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, which must hold a series record for slowest opening section. I'm still in the first day. Did the traditional go-around-town-and-meet-everybody bit; most of the characters are okay, but I can't stand the walking gay stereotype of a priest =_=

Really debating on whether to get a 3ds or not. At this point the only games that I'm interested in is SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked, LOZ:OoT and most likely get tales of the abyss to replay it. Any input would be nice.

[quote name='voltanis99']Really debating on whether to get a 3ds or not. At this point the only games that I'm interested in is SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked, LOZ:OoT and most likely get tales of the abyss to replay it. Any input would be nice.[/QUOTE]
I'd say no... not until there's at least one original game you want to play. All three of those are remakes with minimal changes from the prior versions which are still readily available.

[quote name='voltanis99']Really debating on whether to get a 3ds or not. At this point the only games that I'm interested in is SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked, LOZ:OoT and most likely get tales of the abyss to replay it. Any input would be nice.[/QUOTE]

pick up SMT: Devil Survivor now because the price is going up

Wait for the inevitable remodel that will be lighter weight, improved buttons and increased battery life.

[quote name='62t']pick up SMT: Devil Survivor now because the price is going up[/QUOTE]

I already did that. I tend to buy SMT games even for systems I don't currently own due to the possibility of a spike in price.

Was only really debating getting a 3ds recently because of the LoZ:OoT limited bundle. Probably a smarter move to wait for a 2nd gen as someone has said.

maaaaaan let me tell u something. something that's not about RPGs.

but it kinda is coz I beat Clock Tower 3 yesterday and the final boss is sum JRPG shyt asshole with a zillion HP and insta death spells that make u fight him for like 20 minutes only to die instantly and start all over again!!!

the only thing this has to do with RPG is now that I've finished that game I can pick up Mass Effect again!!

if Mass Effect were a JRPG, it would be called Massuru Effekuto.

if it were a mexican RPG, it would be called Los Efectos Mas

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Dragon Quest IX crossed with God Eater, starring Hatsune Miku. I wonder what are our chances of getting this here. The first 7th Dragon game was for DS, right?[/QUOTE]

Seeing Sega is done with the PSP and we are not getting Valkyria Chronicles 3, the chance is close to zero

[quote name='JEKKI']

if it were a mexican RPG, it would be called Los Efectos Mas[/QUOTE]
¡Los Efectos de Masa!
Get the language of my people right!

BTW and a separate note the spanish name for The Hulk is La Masa.

Finished with Skyward Sword now, going back to demon contracting in Persona 2.

i started playing dissidia.
i love the fanservice everywhere!
and tifa's gigantic rack.

now that i think about it... i actually fell asleep playing last night. i'd wake up and was like oh my god i'm getting hit what's going on

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Dragon Quest IX crossed with God Eater, starring Hatsune Miku. I wonder what are our chances of getting this here. The first 7th Dragon game was for DS, right?[/QUOTE]

Chances are zero because this is a PSP game, I think. The first 7th Dragon was for DS and looked like a competent Etrian Odyssey wannabe and was actually slated for release here, but supposedly mid-localization Sega decided that they were never going to allow their properties to be licensed to third parties for localization ever again and whoever was bringing it over had the rug pulled out from under them.

It's why we haven't seen any of the recent Shining games and why VC3 is locked away in Japan forever. Like those shining examples of business sense Nintendo and Namco, Sega now won't allow other companies to localize their games but they're unwilling to do so themselves =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back