iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
North America (USA/Canada)

Assassin's Creed (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Assassin's Creed: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/21/17

Beauty and the Beast (Best Buy) - TBA

Ghost In The Shell (1995) Mondo - 3/14/17 (Amazon)

Deepwater Horizon (Target) - 1/10/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy) - 2/28/17

Doctor Strange 3D (Best Buy Canada) - 2/28/17

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 4/11/17

Fifty Shades Darker (Best Buy) - TBA

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 3D (Best Buy) - 9/12/17

Hacksaw Ridge (Target) - 2/21/17

Inferno: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/24/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 1/31/17

John Wick (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

John Wick: Chapter 2 (Best Buy) Popart - 6/13/17

Justice League Dark (Target) - 2/7/17

Kong: Skull Island: 4K Ultra HD + 3D (Best Buy) - TBA

La La Land (Best Buy) - 4/25/17

LEGO Batman Movie (Best Buy) - 6/13/17

Logan (Best Buy) - TBA

Logan: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) TBA

Moana 2D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

Moana 3D (Best Buy) - 3/7/17

The Mummy: Ultimate Colledtion (Best Buy) - 5/16/17

Passengers: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - 3/14/17

Resident Evil (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Extinction (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Resident Evil: Retribution (Best Buy) Popart - 1/17/17

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter: 4K Ultra HD/3D/2D (Best Buy) - TBA

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy) - 4/4/17

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Best Buy Canada) - 4/4/17

Sing: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Spider-Man Legacy Collection: 4K Ultra HD (5-Films) - 6/13/17

Underworld: Blood Wars: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) Popart - 4/18/17

The Walking Dead: The Complete Seventh Season (Target) - 8/22/17

Wonder Woman: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

WWE: Wrestlemania 33 - 5/9/17

xXx: Return of Xander Cage: 4K Ultra HD (Best Buy) - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed the first one somewhat. It's not as bad as Silent Hill for Silent Hill fans, but they're obviously not great movies. I thought 2 and 3 were much more out there, and I didn't watch past those.

Yeah, I also can't adjust since I used the Visa Checkout promo combined with the "Buy 5" promo. Price was a little over $10 each after both promos so no big loss. Though doing it now with the Visa Checkout promo would be an even bigger discount since they are $9.99 each before the promo.
In the past you could still get an adjustment. The discount is seen as a form of payment, so BB will see the original price.

I noticed today that the Walmart $7.88 bin had a copy of the Hercules steelbook in it.  Posts on Blu-ray.com seem to confirm it is a new title added to the bins.  So check your local Walmart if you're interested (2D only unfortunately).

Yeah I saw it yesterday just by chance. Passed on it though, I'd have grabbed it if the 3D was included. Anyone know if the movie is any good?

Big THANKS to fellow CAG member Gilmar! He helped me snag Justice League Dark SB :)    Thanks sooo much! Great person to have in our community.

Well it appears I bought each one of the Resident Evil steels on 1/17 for $17.99 minus $5.40 apiece on the buy 5 promo. So I am out of the price adjustment period and I spent an extra $13 on the set. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Or wait, what is the Price Adjustment period for Elite and Elite plus members? I know it used to be 14 days, but maybe its 30 days to adjust now?
As someone else said, it's 14/30/45 days, though it's from date of receipt for online orders, so you're just outside of 30 days, though you're within 45 days.

Is there a website other then ebay that can tell you the value of a steel book?

Is there a Facebook page where you can buy/sell/trade steel books?

Anyone have a list of all the DC animated steelbooks that are out?

Most Targets near me got in between 4 and 7 copies of the Hacksaw Ridge steelbook, which are kind of small numbers for a new release, so this one could get scarce. 

Also, there is a 15% off Cartwheel discount for the movie and the steelbook edition is not listed as excluded from the offer (no idea yet if it rings up automatically though).

When I was at Target the CW didn't work for me either when I was at self-checkout. A worker who saw me try to use it knew about the 15% off and had to do a manual override. I'm surprised since it usually worked in the past.

My Hacksaw Ridge SB showed up with my vacation held mail.  Usual Target shipment in the cardboard mailer, survived somehow.

I also seem to have picked up an extra $5 or so discount on it from the total sale price, as my final invoiced price was under $15 with tax.  I pre-ordered it when Target had its 20% off all movies promo right before Christmas. 

Doctor Strange 3D steelbook dropped a whole $2 to $32.99.  I'm guessing this will likely be the release week price, making it the most expensive Marvel 3D steelbook yet - by a large margin.

Doctor Strange 3D steelbook dropped a whole $2 to $32.99. I'm guessing this will likely be the release week price, making it the most expensive Marvel 3D steelbook yet - by a large margin.
Only one that's been more than Doctor Strange (assuming no drop to $29.99 or the like), was Suicide Squad at $34.99. SS was 4K / BD / UV DC where Dr Strange is 3D BD / BD / UV DC, so I guess they're "comparable". I hope it'll be a placeholder and we'll get $29.99 or $27.99.

I'm sorry but that Rogue One steelbook looks just plain stupid.

I'll probably get the Target exclusive or a standard edition.

The steelbook is pretty abysmal but I'll be picking it up because it's a steel and has 3D
Lol, looks like the Zavvi one was stealth updated. I guess a good looking Rogue SB isn't a hopeful wish. Getting it for same reasons though and for 28 bucks 3D, Digital HD, and SB it's a good deal for me.

The steelbook is pretty abysmal but I'll be picking it up because it's a steel and has 3D
Me too, already preordered.

It's Star Wars. I'd probably buy it if they just had a picture of bantha fodder on the cover.

Went with Target's Rogue One. Much cooler looking and it has different covers. If the steelbook from BB wasn't so bland I would have went with it but I don't get steels just to get them, the imagery and features have to be worth it and as far as I can tell features are the same so it's just the cover and Target beats it. Cheaper too.

Went with Target's Rogue One. Much cooler looking and it has different covers. If the steelbook from BB wasn't so bland I would have went with it but I don't get steels just to get them, the imagery and features have to be worth it and as far as I can tell features are the same so it's just the cover and Target beats it. Cheaper too.
I'm torn on which to get. I usually get steels, but the Target set looks like it would match better with the Force Awakens 3D set, plus Target has an extra bonus disc of content.

In other news, my Doctor Strange SB shipped out.

Checking on the non-SB prices vs the SB prices, it looks like the SB has a $5 "tax" on it.  Non-SB version of the 2D movie is $22.99, SB is $27.99.  Non-SB version of the 3D movie is $27.99, SB version is $32.99.  

Checking on the non-SB prices vs the SB prices, it looks like the SB has a $5 "tax" on it. Non-SB version of the 2D movie is $22.99, SB is $27.99. Non-SB version of the 3D movie is $27.99, SB version is $32.99.
At least they auto-adjusted the price by the difference. It isn't worth the effort to get that $2+tax back ($34.99 --> $32.99) but if I found myself in a Best Buy I would waste that effort...

At least they auto-adjusted the price by the difference. It isn't worth the effort to get that $2+tax back ($34.99 --> $32.99) but if I found myself in a Best Buy I would waste that effort...
Turn in your CAG badge if you think it's not worth the effort. It's your money, don't leave it on the table.

The only downside is that you only get one PM opportunity on an item, so if you PM something and it drops again, you'll either need to buy a new one and return it on the old receipt or go in-store to do a return-and-rebuy.

Turn in your CAG badge if you think it's not worth the effort. It's your money, don't leave it on the table.

The only downside is that you only get one PM opportunity on an item, so if you PM something and it drops again, you'll either need to buy a new one and return it on the old receipt or go in-store to do a return-and-rebuy.
Well, when we're talking about buying a more (the most?) expensive version of a movie the day it comes out, I think the 'C' goes from "Cheap" to "Crazy". :p

I get to keep the badge for one more day (phew) because they already adjusted it for me. :D

Checking on the non-SB prices vs the SB prices, it looks like the SB has a $5 "tax" on it. Non-SB version of the 2D movie is $22.99, SB is $27.99. Non-SB version of the 3D movie is $27.99, SB version is $32.99.
I've never really considered it a tax for an exclusive, i mean it is a collectible that you're paying a bit extra for. The retailer is paying extra for the exclusitivity and passes that along to the consumer. I'd say in the cases of a steelbook the metal costs more than than the cardboard for a regular amaray case.
I can't remember the last time an exclusive was the same price as a regular amaray edition anyways, maybe long ago with the Guarfians steelbook?
Whatever the case I don't mind spending a little extra for a limited, collectible exclusive packaging and as long as collectors keep grabbing these up the "tax" is gonna be here to stay.

I've never really considered it a tax for an exclusive, i mean it is a collectible that you're paying a bit extra for. The retailer is paying extra for the exclusitivity and passes that along to the consumer. I'd say in the cases of a steelbook the metal costs more than than the cardboard for a regular amaray case.
I can't remember the last time an exclusive was the same price as a regular amaray edition anyways, maybe long ago with the Guarfians steelbook?
Whatever the case I don't mind spending a little extra for a limited, collectible exclusive packaging and as long as collectors keep grabbing these up the "tax" is gonna be here to stay.
I know it's subjective but Dr. Strange is also a great looking SB. Outside of Disney continuing to ignore 4k it's the total package if you get the 3D version (which incidentally has scored higher than the 2D version by most reviewers). It makes the whole thing feel more like a well thought out CE rather than the lazy stuff you usually see as an Amazon exclusive.

Agreed and as somenone who has a 3D tv I appreciate the value for marvel including the 3D disc and for those who don't have a 3D tv, they are giving an option with this release. Even before giving the option I've seen collectors sell off just the 3D discs and even digital copies to offset some of the cost.

My Doctor Strange steel just got here, and it looks really nice. The embossed detail on the front looks really good. It has a matte finish to it as well, but I don't really have a preference between glossy and matte.

Some people are going to hate it though. Not only is the title not on the spine, it's not on the front cover either. Like Guardians of the Galaxy, the design of the steel evokes the feel of an item from the movie, in this case, the ancient texts Strange reads in the film. Guardians at least had the title on the front cover though. This doesn't really bother me, as I love the fact that the Marvel steels all have a very unique feel to them, but I know some prefer their steels to look more uniform and match a bit better.

That's good to know, thanks.  I'm sick of steelbooks with no titles on their spines.   Might go pick up the Target 3D version for $27.99. 

My Doctor Strange steel just got here, and it looks really nice. The embossed detail on the front looks really good. It has a matte finish to it as well, but I don't really have a preference between glossy and matte.

Some people are going to hate it though. Not only is the title not on the spine, it's not on the front cover either. Like Guardians of the Galaxy, the design of the steel evokes the feel of an item from the movie, in this case, the ancient texts Strange reads in the film. Guardians at least had the title on the front cover though. This doesn't really bother me, as I love the fact that the Marvel steels all have a very unique feel to them, but I know some prefer their steels to look more uniform and match a bit better.
I get what they're going for but really prefer titles as well. I'm willing to compromise because I always love the found object approach that tends to be an inside nod to those who have seen the film. I guess designers tend to be either/or with that approach.

Surprised there isn't any movement in here today!

So I bought the target exclusive 3D Dr. Strange today.  Also went to BB and bought the 3D steelbook version.   Going to decide which one to keep and which one to return.  I was surprised to see that the BB standard 3D version is the same box as Target's.   Apparently the extras are included inside on a slip or the disc. 

As far as the Dr Strange steelbook goes, they had a bunch of them at Best Buy but nowhere near as many as I would have guessed.  I got there late today, maybe 1:00pm and there were only four 3D steels left.   There were probably 15 regular steels...but that included the front boat display, the new releases feature wall, PLUS the giant cardboard shipper.   So unless they have a bunch more in the back, these shouldn't last long at all. 

Surprised there isn't any movement in here today!

So I bought the target exclusive 3D Dr. Strange today. Also went to BB and bought the 3D steelbook version. Going to decide which one to keep and which one to return. I was surprised to see that the BB standard 3D version is the same box as Target's. Apparently the extras are included inside on a slip or the disc.

As far as the Dr Strange steelbook goes, they had a bunch of them at Best Buy but nowhere near as many as I would have guessed. I got there late today, maybe 1:00pm and there were only four 3D steels left. There were probably 15 regular steels...but that included the front boat display, the new releases feature wall, PLUS the giant cardboard shipper. So unless they have a bunch more in the back, these shouldn't last long at all.
Yeah, they probably anticipated slightly less demand based on the higher price they were charging this time. Sellout of the 3D version is likely going to happen in most stores though since the volumes appear to be that low.

bread's done
Back