Street Sweeper Social OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an hour and thirty minutes that was a complete waste. Microsoft really shit the bed. They didn't show anything new or exciting.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']That was an hour and thirty minutes that was a complete waste. Microsoft really shit the bed. They didn't show anything new or exciting.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say they shit the bed entirely. ESPN is awesome, Reach and Gears look awesome.

Some of the Kinect titles look interesting, and the new redesign seems cool for people who haven't bought one.

Definitely not as good as last years.

I feel like such a dummy. I forgot to set up my dvr for the press conference. Hopefully G4 replays it tonight. Anyone know when the Sony event goes down?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Dayam. Everyone in the audience gets the new Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Oh man is that for real? I think Cheapy asked Major Nelson for tickets for him, Wombat, and Shipwreck to get into the event but Nelson could only get two so Cheapy decided to bail and not go at all (unless I'm remembering the discussion wrong). If so, he's gotta be kicking himself right now.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I wouldn't say they shit the bed entirely. ESPN is awesome, Reach and Gears look awesome.

Some of the Kinect titles look interesting, and the new redesign seems cool for people who haven't bought one.

Definitely not as good as last years.[/QUOTE]

Depends on your viewpoint.

I couldn't care less about ESPN or Reach. And Gears? fuck. Who's bright idea was it to turn Marcus into Rambo and add Mechs from Aliens? Hopefully the end product is worthwhile, but color me skeptical at this point in time. :\

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Dayam. Everyone in the audience gets the new Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

I bet Cheapy is pissing his pants right now.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Depends on your viewpoint.

I couldn't care less about ESPN or Reach. And Gears? fuck. Who's bright idea was it to turn Marcus into Rambo and add Mechs from Aliens? Hopefully the end product is worthwhile, but color me skeptical at this point in time. :\[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Marcus always Rambo?

They seem to be on the same trajectory they've always been with Gears...bigger, badder, and better.

Gears as a game is so ridiculous in just about every aspect, that I just accept what they throw into each new game.

Why not? You're getting a better 360 Elite for the same price. Apple does the same thing all the time with their new iPod models.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You're upset about MGS:Rising showing first on the 360? And Treyarch CoD map pack timed exclusives?

Not sure if serious...[/QUOTE]

I don't really care it's just that the thought of it all is annoying and pointless.

I guess I wouldn't be a very good business man because I don't understand the thought process for pretty much anything.

I must admit, the new 360 looks sexy. Maybe I'll buy one in two years when my current one breaks and they''ve figure out what goes wrong with the new ones.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Wasn't Marcus always Rambo?

They seem to be on the same trajectory they've always been with Gears...bigger, badder, and better.

Gears as a game is so ridiculous in just about every aspect, that I just accept what they throw into each new game.[/QUOTE]

He was Rambo in the sense that the was (almost) a one-man army who went in with guns blazing, yes.

From the lighting in this camera grab, it kinda looked like Marcus had lost the standard do-rag and was rocking a headband a la Rambo (at a quick glance). Combined with the jungle environment and the armor reduction, he was starting to look like we should expect a Gears spinoff movie (Fenix: First Blood, Part Two?).

The armor reduction bothers me. I don't exactly know why, because gears isn't supposed to be *realistic*, but still... and I still think the mechs are retarded. I don't want to play Gundams of War 3. Last I checked, my name is Rei no Otaku. :\

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I think "On Melancholy Hill" might be my favorite track from Plastic Beach.[/QUOTE]

That and Superfast Jellyfish for me.

Apparently the ESPN deal with Microsoft is just for ESPN3.com content...which is already free.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

[quote name='A Happy Panda']That and Superfast Jellyfish for me.

Apparently the ESPN deal with Microsoft is just for ESPN3.com content...which is already free.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu[/QUOTE]

Free for people on certain ISPs. Not surprised its only espn3 or else a lot of sports fans would cancel their cable if they can just watch espn on a 360.

[quote name='TheRock88']Free for people on certain ISPs. Not surprised its only espn3 or else a lot of sports fans would cancel their cable if they can just watch espn on a 360.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't expecting full-on ESPN, but at least different programming from whats already being offered.

Whatever, sort of let down now...ESPN3.com was never on my radar because the games I cared about were always either on locally or on ESPN, FOX, TNT, CBS, or TBS.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I wasn't expecting full-on ESPN, but at least different programming from whats already being offered.

Whatever, sort of let down now...ESPN3.com was never on my radar because the games I cared about were always either on locally or on ESPN, FOX, TNT, CBS, or TBS.[/QUOTE]

The second they said free there was no way it was going to be anything other than 3.

Speaking of ESPN, I really hate that they turned News into real HD. That blue bar on the side was the best thing about that channel. Now it is just a 24 hour version of SC.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Nice. Ariel Pink will be on the new The Avalanches album![/QUOTE]

Sweet. I was just rocking to Since I Left You yesterday.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I think "On Melancholy Hill" might be my favorite track from Plastic Beach.[/QUOTE]

My favorite changes all the time. Right now its probably White Flag.

EDIT: Damn .. thought I was banned at Neogaf but I guess the Off Topic side is just locked up from posting due to E3

This Star Wars game looks awesome. The lead in was kind of embarrassing though when that lady thought she was making some Earth shattering announcement that everyone would get their own ship and then she held for applause and there was crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back