Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

Check out all the character profiles, they all ave all of their special moves listed that weren't listed before, like Dedede's B, some of Pokemon Trainers special moves, Olimar's Final Smash, etc.

Cool. It's very interesting that they drew a concept drawing of Shiek for Twilight Princess.

And I guess it makes sense that she only gets one Final Smash. Having two available on demand would be kind of powerful, and Zelda/Shiek was already practically the strongest character in Melee. Although it would be cool if Shiek's FS has the same effect as Zelda's but just looks a little different.

sheik_080116b-l.jpg

sheik_080116d-l.jpg

Sheik suddenly became hot, also check out Links expression!

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']And I guess it makes sense that she only gets one Final Smash. Having two available on demand would be kind of powerful, and Zelda/Shiek was already practically the strongest character in Melee. Although it would be cool if Shiek's FS has the same effect as Zelda's but just looks a little different.[/quote]
Ah, that makes sense then. Yeah, hopefully she'll have a different animation at least.

Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiik!

I am SO buying this in 15 days. I caved and bought Kingdom Hearts II 3 months before the US release and there is NO way I'm waiting for Smash Bros!

[quote name='zerowing']
Sheik suddenly became hot, also check out Links expression![/quote]
GameFAQs is aparrently already on the subject of Sheik's increased femininity.

motivator8984347.jpg

Translation of Famitsu article done by my friend Leon (touched up by me in 3 places)

-This time the volume of the single-player mode is tremendous. Adventure mode is considerably long and enjoyable, and the story is visibly wonderful. Thanks to the fact that Final Smashes have heightened the level of uncertainty in matches, and more than that, they don't require any skill to use-- the game's tension has risen. The controls and sound options are extremely rich.

-The new Final Smashes have a flashy effect and a refreshing effect anybody can enjoy no matter what character you play as. And the battles are even hotter. The single player mode is rich. Subspace Emissary is so full of cinematics and an action tempo that you can forget about time playing it. Very satisfied!

-The game has a forceful direction and gimmicks. Besides that, there is dynamic and delicate character development. The flashy actions for Final Smashes are a must-see. There are a large number of battle stages, while the single-player mode is very beefed up. There is a Stage Editor, and even the detailed data relating to the game can be viewed.

-The appearances and movements of each of the all-stars are polished. The single player mode is perfect, and the trophies are more than enough to excite your collection desires. You can feel the skill, good taste and effort put into this top-notch game. Each time you play you can discover new things, and each battle is full of joy, agony, and significance.

[quote name='tankexmortis']
sheik.jpg

Is it me, or does Sheik look a lot less feminine? :([/quote]As others have pointed out? Yes, it is just you. You want proof? I'll give you proof. Just stop and listen. Hear that sound? That's the agonized cry of a thousand crappy fan-fic writers.

Also, shut up Greetard.

This time single player has tons of content. The adventure mode is quite long and fun. And the story presentation is amazing. As for the fights, with the strong unpredictable factor that comes with final smashes, more than ever we can be excited about matches not being related to skill. The controls and sound are also satisfying. Hats off to Nintendo.
Score: 10

The new unpredictable factor that is the final smash allows us to enjoy an amazing effect and refreshing feel from any character. The fights are even more intense. The single player modes are abundant and a plus. The Fallen angel Adventure mode's movie and action tempo are good and you just forget time while playing. Im highly satisfied with the game.

The powerhouse cast and gimmicks! The dynamic and subtle character movements! The must see final smashes! There are tons of battle stages. The single player mode is also extremely satisfying. There is a stage edit, and you can browse through the detailed information in the game.
Score 10

The moves of the the all star roster of characters have been polished, and the addicting one player mode has been perfected. With its outstanding graphics and wonderful ambience, Brawl is an epic game in which you can feel the efforts that went into it. Every time you play it, you'll discover something new, and you'll savor both sweet joy and bitter loss when you battle.

That gets me much more stoked for this game!

Having good single player is key as none of my local gaming friends are into Smash Bros and the online play is gimped.

The attention to detail and **coughextracough** time put into the single player campaign, (aka subspace emisarries right?) is really gettin me stoked for this game. I hope its much longer than melee's (at least twice as long) as i recall that only taking an hour or two to get through.

When this is considered with the fact that you will have so many characters to play through it with, the amount of hours (even for someone who never plays online ever) this game has is staggering.

There goes my two-and-a-half month stretch of Zen Davis not trying to kill my modem. I think it's safe to say I'm never, ever going to look at page 216 of this thread again.

Yeah way to stretch the thread ZD! Sheesh! It seems like it ruins people's day(well not really but it is rather anoying).

[quote name='The Crotch']There goes my two-and-a-half month stretch of Zen Davis not trying to kill my modem. I think it's safe to say I'm never, ever going to look at page 216 of this thread again.[/quote]

Are you on 56k?

[quote name='Strell']Don't worry, TC. I can handle this. I got you covered.

*ahem*

Yes. He is.[/quote]

Well lets see what the next 2 and a half months hold for him. :)

I was thinking today (because this is what unemployed people do.. :whistle2:( ) and I can only think of one thing that will cause some disappointment.

When we all FINALLY have the game and we play it for hours..upon hours..upon more hours (clearly avoiding the fact that you SHOULD look for work..) and after ALLLLL the unlocking in this game: If there are no surprises at all in terms of CHARACTERS, I'm going to get pretty upset.

Now it's been mentioned before that most likely characters such asLuigi, Ness, Capt Falcon, Jigglypuff will be hidden characters (if they don't get announced). I'm not talking about unlocking the unconfirmed Luigi, because Luigi being in Brawl isn't a surprise. I want to play & be SURPRISED about unlocking someone. I'd hate to find out that we know of the entire roster before the game comes out :whistle2:( Does anyone feel the same way? I'm not looking for another whole bunch of new people, but it'd be nice to get like 2-3 NEW characters that we don't find out on the Dojo.

Which brings me to another point. Would YOU think it would have been better if Snake & Sonic had NOT been announced, but were still in the game as hidden characters that you only found out when you played the game? I know we knew about Snake since the very first trailer, but still. I think I would of rather not known about Sonic until I actually unlocked him.

[quote name='lilboo']I was thinking today (because this is what unemployed people do.. :whistle2:( ) and I can only think of one thing that will cause some disappointment.

When we all FINALLY have the game and we play it for hours..upon hours..upon more hours (clearly avoiding the fact that you SHOULD look for work..) and after ALLLLL the unlocking in this game: If there are no surprises at all in terms of CHARACTERS, I'm going to get pretty upset.

Now it's been mentioned before that most likely characters such as Luigi, Ness, Capt Falcon, Jigglypuff will be hidden characters (if they don't get announced). I'm not talking about unlocking the unconfirmed Luigi, because Luigi being in Brawl isn't a surprise. I want to play & be SURPRISED about unlocking someone. I'd hate to find out that we know of the entire roster before the game comes out :whistle2:( Does anyone feel the same way? I'm not looking for another whole bunch of new people, but it'd be nice to get like 2-3 NEW characters that we don't find out on the Dojo.

Which brings me to another point. Would YOU think it would have been better if Snake & Sonic had NOT been announced, but were still in the game as hidden characters that you only found out when you played the game? I know we knew about Snake since the very first trailer, but still. I think I would of rather not known about Sonic until I actually unlocked him.[/QUOTE]

I was actually very surprised that Sonic was announced, since he would have been what I considered to be a secret unannounced character to remain unknown until he was unlocked in the final release. Whether the original delay played a role in him being announced early -- I don't know.

It's fairly obvious they didn't plan on announcing all the characters before the original delay, since we've only recently received Olimar and Sheik. Logic would say there's still a few more characters hiding in the shadow.

The chances of still having unannounced dojo characters I believe is still highly likely. SSB had 12, Melee had 26 and Brawl has 25 announced. I really wouldn't be surprised to see a Brawl roster with at least 35+ characters, which is easily obtainable if every veteran were to return.

Now not getting spoiled for a month between the Japanese and US releases... good luck there.

I'm not too worried about being spoiled, but I'd love to find out that there's like 5 NEW characters in the game as well.

It's going to be interesting when the game gets released and we see how much was announced compared to what else is in the game. Look at the Assist Trophies, there's only a handful of them announced. I have a feeling there's going to be A LOT more. But would I be wrong to feel disappointed if the Assist Trophies consisted of what's been announced (plus a few that hav been confirmed but not announced..like Rosalina & Advance Wars) plus like 4 more?

I'm not sure if I'm making my point across clearly, and I apologize.
Maybe someone will pick up what I mean and explain it better. :lol:

I'll be okay if there aren't any more characters in the game than what has already been announced, but I would really like a few more. I think 30-40 would be a good amount of characters.

Remember, Melee had 26 characters with multiple "clones," who had very similar movesets to other characters. Brawl has zero clones announced so far. If Brawl has clone, or preferrably "semi-clone" characters like Luigi is to Mario, the character count could easily double, especially if there are more than just one or two unannounced characters.

[quote name='lilboo']But would I be wrong to feel disappointed if the Assist Trophies consisted of what's been announced (plus a few that hav been confirmed but not announced..like Rosalina & Advance Wars) plus like 4 more?
[/QUOTE]

Nope. Part of the fun of Melee was doing stuff and being surprised by what you unlock.

I've tried not to keep up on the daily updates much at all, for that reason. But I'm pretty sure I know of all the characters. But I don't know much about the assist trophies, the characters final smashes etc. as I've avoided that info. Characters were harder to miss with the article in EGM and other places over the past few months.

I would definitely like there to be a few more character than what has already been announced, but I'm not going to worry about spoiling myself because I'll probably be looking for them right after it's released and certainly before I play too much to see how to unlock them.

I wish they would have announced Sonic in the first trailer rather than Snake because of the rumors and "cheats" that have been around forever concerning him.

I still have hopes that a large number of the characters from SSB and SSBM that haven't been announced yet will be included. I also hope a few more characters will join the fray. Tails or maybe Eggman (Since we have Dedede and Bowser). Someone else from the Mother series and Metroid.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I would definitely like there to be a few more character than what has already been announced, but I'm not going to worry about spoiling myself because I'll probably be looking for them right after it's released and certainly before I play too much to see how to unlock them.

I wish they would have announced Sonic in the first trailer rather than Snake because of the rumors and "cheats" that have been around forever concerning him.

I still have hopes that a large number of the characters from SSB and SSBM that haven't been announced yet will be included. I also hope a few more characters will join the fray. Tails or maybe Eggman (Since we have Dedede and Bowser). Someone else from the Mother series and Metroid.[/QUOTE]
Poo from Earthbound would be a perfect character for Brawl.

[quote name='tayaf69']Poo from Earthbound would be a perfect character for Brawl.[/quote]

Doubtful though, since Lucas stole his final smash.

Delayed again! DAMNITTTTTTTTTT

Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.

[quote name='sleepy180']Delayed again! DAMNITTTTTTTTTT[/quote]
Yeap. It sucks too. My girl was all ready to buy it for me. O well she better get me the other game I want. Now it'll be a b-day present since it's on teh 12th

Brawl Commercial 1
  • Sonic
  • Pit and Meta Knight
  • Donkey Kong and Peach
  • Diddy Kong and Fox (barrel roll!)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmim9C6KaQ8[/media]

Brawl Commercial 3
  • Solid Snake
  • Zelda
  • Mari... no Wario
  • Ma... wait, Pikmin & Olimar (and his final smash!)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ2-JLTET88[/media]

Olimar's final smash looks pretty much exactly as described on the dojo.

Since the game is out in Japan(or will be soon, I forget) we should be able to get a full list of all characters and stages, if we haven't already..

bread's done
Back