Target Clearance Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Previous threads:

Target clearance is YMMV, ya dig! Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday, although not every Monday, but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Target often donates its older clearance titles to Goodwill stores, so keep that in mind when you're trying to find items. BigDirty: "Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, city and state. For example:
Debbie Does Skywalker, Xbox 360, $4.98
Mesa, AZ Power Road at Superstition Springs

Also, a great help when you're posting deals you've found is to check this post and see if your item's DPCI number is already listed. DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself. DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI numbers that are not already in the OP-- thanks! This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing-- often price tags will not be correct. Thanks to BigDirty for this:
1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Data ,Milk.com , or UPC Database and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to Mephitical for this tool for locating clearance titles, which is located here. Go to Amazon or Target to find the item's ASIN. When you find it, replace "B000O3IS48" in the URL with your item's ASIN. This will take you to a page asking you for your zip code. Type in your zip code and click enter-- this will display a list of local stores and whether or not they have your item in stock. YMMV on it working properly.

The lowest known price will be posted. The item could be higher or lower at your store. Numbers in gold are DPCI numbers, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

:wii: Wii

De Blob (added 06-15-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Madagascar Kartz with wheel (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Madden 2010 (added 09-05-10)
Mario Power Tennis (changed 07-20-10) (changed 08-05-20)
Tiger Woods 10 (added 09-05-10)

Saint (added 09-20-10)
[207-26-0362] Punch Out (added 06-15-10)

Red Steel 2 (added 09-20-10)

[207-26-0432] Metroid Prime Trilogy (changed 07-15-10)
[207-26-0052] Super Paper Mario (changed 07-15-10)

Fifa 10 (added 07-04-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (added 07-05-10)

:360: Xbox 360

Alone in the Dark (added 06-15-10)
Bioshock (added 06-15-20)
Brutal Legend (changed 07-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 06-15-10)
Dead Rising (added 06-25-10)
Left 4 Dead (updated 06-10-10)
Need for Speed Pro Street (changed 07-02-10)
Pro Evolution Soccer (added 09-20-10)
The Saboteur (added 06-30-20)
Saints Row (added 05-05-10)
Ski Doo (added 06-10-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-15-10)
Two Worlds (added 06-15-10)
You're in the Movies bundle (added 06-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

Cabela's 2010 (added 06-15-10)
Oblivion Game of the Year (added 06-15-10)

Are you Smarter than a 5th grader? (added 07-20-10)
Beatles Rock Band [game only] (added 04-12-10) (price updated: 05-12-10)
Call of Juraez (added 09-20-10)
Dead Rising (added 09-20-10)
IL-2 Sturmovik (changed 06-20-10)
Karaoke Revolution (added 08-01-10)
Orange Box (added 09-30-10)
Spongebob: Truth or Square (changed 07-02-10)
Tekken 6 (changed 07-20-10) (added 08-01-10)

Guitar Hero 5 (changed 07-02-10)

Alone in the Dark (added 06-20-10)
Assassin's Creed (added 06-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 09-20-10)
Call of Duty 3 (added 06-05-10)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (added 06-05-10)
Dark Void (added 08-01-10)
Fairytale Fights (added 08-10-10)
Halo Wars (added 06-20-10)
Gears of War (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (added 06-08-10)
Spiderman 3 (added 06-06-10)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (added 06-10-10)
Two Worlds (added 07-03-10)

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (added 06-15-10)

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition (added 08-10-10)
Planet 51 (added 06-22-10)

[207-22-0458] Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (added 07-03-10)

:ps3: Playstation 3

2 pack of USB charging cables for PS3 (added 06-10-10)
Brutal Legend (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (added 07-20-10)
Red Faction: Guerilla (Updated: 06-10-10)

Dark Void (added 07-20-10)
Ghostbusters (added 09-20-10)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-30-10)
Lego Rockband (added 09-20-10)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (added 09-20-10)

Assassin's Creed (added 09-20-10)
Need for Speed Underground (added 09-20-10)
Star Wars Unleashed (added 09-20-10)

Infamous (added 09-20-10)

Beatles Rock Band (added 09-20-10)
Borderlands (added 09-20-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 09-20-10)
MLB: The Show 10 (added 08-01-10)
Prototype (added 09-20-10)
Resistance 2 (added 06-20-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-20-10)
Tekken 6 (added 09-20-10)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added 06-20-10)
UFC 2009 (added 09-20-10)

Resident Evil 5 Gold (added 09-20-10)
MLB 2010 (added 06-20-10)

Little Big Planet with Dual Shock 3 controller (added 06-20-10)

Green Day Rock Band (added 09-20-10)

Buzz Quiz World Bundle (added 09-20-10)

:ps2: Playstation 2

Brutal Legend (added 06-10-10)
MLB 10 (added 06-06-10)

:ds: Nintendo DS

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness (added 07-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

100 classic books (added 08-01-10)

:psp: Sony PSP

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (added 09-20-10)
NBA Inside (added 06-10-10)

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (added 06-06-10)

:pc: PC

Borderlands (added 09-10-10)

Fallout Trilogy (added 06-20-10)

Braid (added 07-20-10)

Metro 2033 (added 09-20-10)
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (added 06-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-20-10)

Other items

[SIZE=+1]Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew. Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.[/SIZE]

The Legend of EL HOARDO as told by Strell
No cankle too big and no score too small,
The one and only EL HOARDO.

He'll steal your stash - gonna take it all,
That's the one - EL HOARDO.

He's gonna run down all the aisles
and snatch up all the loot,
And he's feeling really confident
in his nipple protection suit!

Awesome sideburns and a dapper mask
He's at your local store,
Gonna clean out everything
And then go back for more!

Who's the guy in the Star Trek shades?
He's the man they call EL HOARDO.

His boots are secretly roller blades,
There he goes! EL HOARDO!

He's got a cape and it's totally sweet,
A flash in red and white,
Calls his fanny pack his utility belt,
He's ready for a discount fight!

You'd never think he could run so fast,
With a gut of giant size,
Asks all the ladies if they'd like a ride
On his Starship Enterprise!

What's that sound comin' down the lane?
It can only be EL HOARDO.

His stubby legs are gonna bring the pain,
Brace yourselves - EL HOARDO!

He packs a sword, it's a replica,
Like Zorro in disguise,
Gonna leave an H scratched on the wall,
Then he'll move those ten ton thighs!

Knows all the price drops all the time,
Has inhalers to survive,
Lives in a basement at his parents house,
At the age of thirty five!

That's the one who got your penny guide,
The stallion called EL HOARDO.

He's got his Rascal parked outside,
That Man-of-Men EL HOARDO.

EL HOOOOOOOARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ElHoardo1.jpg

"You just got...EL HOARDO'D!" __________________

There have been some confirmed reports of La Whoreda, the female counterpart to El Hoardo. She is obviously more rare in the Target environment since she usually focuses her energy to her Avon business, but caution should still be exercised.

*Please do not copy this list to Slickdeals or any other competing deal sites. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='token2k6']real quick, can anyone tell me the contents of that Borderlands DLC 2-Pack? is there a disc or just redeemable cards in there? the shake test doesn't help me out. I bought it this morning, but already have the DLC thru XBL and am debating keeping it, just figured it'd look nice on the shelf..[/QUOTE]

If all you care about is how it looks on a shelf, then trade the disc into Gamestop for some credit. I got $8.10 for mine after Edge and 25% extra towards Fallout New Vegas. Yup, $20 worth of DLC for $2.50. Can't beat it.

A lot of Hidden object games for PC on clearance but I am not big on hidden object games... some of them FOOL ME into thinking they are adventure games which I actually LOVE. Still haven`t seen Starcraft II CE on CLR yet :(

[quote name='Ultragamer']All 20 copies of Phantom Hourglass disappeared from my target since last week, besides that nothing new.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like El Hoardo made an appearance!

I found a copy of Dead Rising for $10. Sweet, now I have both!

Only new thing I saw was the Guitar Hero 5 bundles. $44.98 for the PS3 and $22.98 for the 360.

Everything else was the same or has been mentioned.

A local store installed the new shelving for the PC gaming cards. All of the clearance games were removed from the clearance endcap (Phone, ipod and PC items). No Halo shirts/trinket sets on the floor.

There are clearance games in their homes (Dead Rising, Borderlands DLC, etc).

Hopefully they just have an inspection soon and just wanted to remove the items that look "sloppy" on the endcap shelves.

Went to a second local target on the way to Sam's club, found Bayonetta for $14.98 so I grabbed it. They had one more copy there, really hope the game is worth it.

They also had Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for $35, I left it there for now and shuffled it in with the wii shovelware that seems to take up 70% of the clearance. Hopefully it will make it to the next drop.

Was able to get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3) for $7.48 in Reston, VA. They have alot of games mispriced in this location. Manager had them overide it to this price. Appears they are reusing the cases without taking off the old prices. Not sure how long this will last though.

my 60g ps3 died last night so i just got back from picking up the 160gb and notice 120 and 250 have NCF tags. the CSR tried to be slick and ringed up the 120 i was like no no no. 120 and 160 are still same price

El horado was out in full force today, my friend just texted me from the store we work out and told me that all 67 of the haier 7 inch tv's we had were bought by one guy since they dropped to $30 something today.

target should have some policy against bulk purchasing .... And are these Hidden object games: Escape the museum 2, luxor adventures?

[quote name='SuperJedi']target should have some policy against bulk purchasing .... And are these Hidden object games: Escape the museum 2, luxor adventures?[/QUOTE]

1) they should only have a policy against bulk returning

as

2) i have no idea how that elhoardo is gonna make money on those tvs

[quote name='confoosious']2) i have no idea how that elhoardo is gonna make money on those tvs[/QUOTE]

Maybe he plans to make 67 Wii/360 Ben Heck laptop clones to sell on ebay?

[quote name='Ultragamer']Maybe he plans to make 67 Wii/360 Ben Heck laptop clones to sell on ebay?[/QUOTE]
Like they're easy to make.

Seems like El Hoardo was at work at my local store, got there around 11:30 as they've been doing clearance later and later and all of the 7" TVs were gone (there had been around 20?) Not sure if they all sold last week or if someone just came in today. The Sony ereader was gone as well, kind of surprised since they don't seem to be in particularly high demand. But the accessories for it dropped to 75% so I assume the reader did too and was snatched up.

So it was probably the one time they did clearance earlier in the morning and I missed it. Who knows what other good deals I possibly missed since it seems like a good week for drops. Saw lots of RCA mini systems and the Wii Band Hero bundle finally starting at $125.

I considered picking up one of those TVs for $32, but then I realized, when I am I going to want to watch TV on that screen? If I take it camping, I'm going to get AWAY from technology, and where I go that little antenna isn't going to pick up squat. I've got a laptop if I want to watch DVDs. And hooking up a PS3/360/Wii to this would just be crazy because of the screen size. As an emergency TV, sure it would be fine. But I'd just assume listen to the radio if there was a real emergency, as I wouldn't want to waste batteries on a TV. I guess someone really thinks they'll turn a profit selling them on eBay.

Had the "10 Haier tv in my cart for a 1/2 hour, before coming to the conclusion I didn't have a use for it. No drops by me otherwise. Foreman griddles may be down to $12.48 from $49.99. The griddle I have is bigger, so I passed.

[quote name='confoosious']

2) i have no idea how that elhoardo is gonna make money on those tvs[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the same thing. shitty tv from a no name brand. wtf are you going to do with them?

maybe he's planning to build a command center with 67 cameras in various women's bathrooms and fitting rooms?

[quote name='frpilot']i was thinking the same thing. shitty tv from a no name brand. wtf are you going to do with them?

maybe he's planning to build a command center with 67 cameras in various women's bathrooms and fitting rooms?[/QUOTE]
Gonna eBay 'em.

Noticed all 6 of the WD elements 320gb drives were gone today, they had been mismarked at $48 for a couple weeks when they were really $35... They must have finally corrected that...

They were in the process of moving all of the clearance games into small hard plastic cases when i was there, must have had a bunch of thefts recently to bother doing that...

[quote name='iScar']Noticed all 6 of the WD elements 320gb drives were gone today, they had been mismarked at $48 for a couple weeks when they were really $35... They must have finally corrected that...

They were in the process of moving all of the clearance games into small hard plastic cases when i was there, must have had a bunch of thefts recently to bother doing that...[/QUOTE]
I picked up 3 for $29.98 last week. One for work, and 2 for our home computers.

picked up the pocket sony ereader for 75 (they didnt have it at 32 or whatever and i didnt want to risk the wait) also got the 10 inch tv for 45 - why not!

No new drops for me. But I did notice tht the clearance section has thinned out quite a bit (probably the SD effect). Almost all of the PC titles were gone.

Also glad that I didn't wait on another drop for the Borlands DLC pack. Most stores are sold out or down to one copy.

While not clearance, I did get in on the SSF4 deal for the 360(last one out of the 3 stores I checked).

I carried around one of those 7" TVs for thirty minutes before my girlfriend and roommate told me I don't need it. So I put it down and I still believe it would of been handy in the bathroom!
My roommate and I were scanning some games to verify the price and he exclaimed, "We should hide them!" while an employee was in earshot. My roommate convinced me to hide them in a drawer. We then went back to electronics and I guess the guy saw we had no games so him and his buddy were watching us closely.
From what I can remember they had:
MX vs ATV Reflex (PS3) - $13.98
Dead Rising (360) - $13.98
Blur (PS3) - $41.xx
MAG (PS3) - $41.xx
HAWX (360) - $20.xx
Prince of Persia (360) - $13.xx
Darksiders (PS3) - $27.xx
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The Crystal Bearers (Wii) $30.xx
SW Battlefront (PSP) - $13.xx
Lost Planet 2 (PS3) - $27.xx
Red Steel 2 (Wii) - $14.xx
They also had a Garmin GPS unit for $74.xx

hiding stuff never work out for me .. i tried it twice and each freaken time they remodel the section i hid them in. that at two different store . but i do have luck finding other people stash.

Saw some pretty good stuff at my Target (After months of being fail and empty), ended up getting the last copy of HAWX for 7.49, and The Orange Box for 4.99.

They finally started lowering the price of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, gonna grab it the moment it goes under 20

Target is retarded! About the month ago a local Target marked down inFAMOUS to $20.98 and placed all copies they had on the clearance endcap. Now they are only $14.98 and back in the game case/prison...how much sense does that make? It literally made me scratch my head.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Target is retarded! About the month ago a local Target marked down inFAMOUS to $20.98 and placed all copies they had on the clearance endcap. Now they are only $14.98 and back in the game case/prison...how much sense does that make? It literally made me scratch my head.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something a bored employee would do so it looked like he was doing work.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Sounds like something a bored employee would do so it looked like he was doing work.[/QUOTE]

And what else is funny is the other games on the clearance endcap (Alpha Protocal, Ninja Gaiden 2, Green Day Rockband) were all priced around $30 - $40. Bored AND dumb employee apparently.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Target is retarded! About the month ago a local Target marked down inFAMOUS to $20.98 and placed all copies they had on the clearance endcap. Now they are only $14.98 and back in the game case/prison...how much sense does that make? It literally made me scratch my head.[/QUOTE]

i guess its better to have full game cases than empty ones

Picked up a Haier 10" tv for myself and a couple 7" ones as Christmas presents for the family. Not a bad unit to connect my video game console to. Also grabbed the Memorex Blu-ray player for $65. :lol:

[quote name='rbarba4']No new drops for me. But I did notice tht the clearance section has thinned out quite a bit (probably the SD effect). [/quote]

oh for fucks sake. :roll:

i guess i'm not surprised that absolutely nobody picked up on this while I was joking about it because the deals section is totally serious business. But check the view counts of this thread and most clearance mega threads in the deals forum. Other than the few actual posters who proudly and loudly proclaim how honest and generous they are, all the lurkers are competing to get those clearance games too. They also look at where you're from and work that much harder if a bunch of people are from their area. May as well throw you guys a little bone.

The main point, though: Clearance sections are not a cag secret. they've been around forever and everyone knows about them.

Especially employees who have even better access before the store even opens.

[quote name='ninja dog']oh for fucks sake. :roll:

i guess i'm not surprised that absolutely nobody picked up on this while I was joking about it because the deals section is totally serious business. But check the view counts of this thread and most clearance mega threads in the deals forum. Other than the few actual posters who proudly and loudly proclaim how honest and generous they are, all the lurkers are competing to get those clearance games too. They also look at where you're from and work that much harder if a bunch of people are from their area. May as well throw you guys a little bone.

The main point, though: Clearance sections are not a cag secret. they've been around forever and everyone knows about them.

Especially employees who have even better access before the store even opens.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's definitely because SD knows about clearance now thanks to that thread.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Nope, it's definitely because SD knows about clearance now thanks to that thread.[/QUOTE]

Slickdeals and fatwallet have ALWAYS know about these threads. Like ninja dog said, lurkers are just as responsible for sucking up all the cheap games as fatwalleteers.

[quote name='depascal22']Slickdeals and fatwallet have ALWAYS know about these threads. Like ninja dog said, lurkers are just as responsible for sucking up all the cheap games as fatwalleteers.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the back-up. of course, this witch hunt has been happening on cag even before i started reading here, so here's to another round of loonies swearing up and down that ONLY SD or FW are stealing all teh dealz.

[quote name='caMOFOg']Picked up a Haier 10" tv for myself and a couple 7" ones as Christmas presents for the family. Not a bad unit to connect my video game console to. Also grabbed the Memorex Blu-ray player for $65. :lol:[/QUOTE] I picked up that blu-ray player for the same price but then took it back after reading all the horrible reviews. Let me know if the reviewers are wrong.

[quote name='ninja dog']thanks for the back-up. of course, this witch hunt has been happening on cag even before i started reading here, so here's to another round of loonies swearing up and down that ONLY SD or FW are stealing all teh dealz.[/QUOTE]

ONLY SD or FW are stealing all teh dealz? Omg! THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! EVERYONE! Hide under a clearanced umbrella!

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']ONLY SD or FW are stealing all teh dealz? Omg! THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! EVERYONE! Hide under a clearanced umbrella![/QUOTE]

Yeah I hate to break it to you folks, but from the very few times I've been to FW or SD, they're bitching about CAG doing the exact same thing!

[quote name='depascal22']Slickdeals and fatwallet have ALWAYS know about these threads. Like ninja dog said, lurkers are just as responsible for sucking up all the cheap games as fatwalleteers.[/QUOTE]

The sarcasm in my last post wasn't apparent I guess. It's obvious that SD getting a thread isn't the reason. I've been a clearance shopper at target long before I became a CAG. It's no secret to anyone unless they don't even know what target is.

[quote name='Ultragamer']The sarcasm in my last post wasn't apparent I guess. It's obvious that SD getting a thread isn't the reason. I've been a clearance shopper at target long before I became a CAG. It's no secret to anyone unless they don't even know what target is.[/QUOTE]

No worries. People are going to bitch anyway.

Today I saw :ps3: Lego Rock Band for $4.98 and :ps3: Dark Void for $7.48, along with the standard group of recently marked down games.

Also, my store still has an insane amount of Phantom Hourglass for $8.xx.

Have you ever thought it's what the company tells them to do? Target is a company that isn't the smartest, considering how much clearances they normally has vs other stores.

I mean, clearances are GREAT for us consumers, but for them as a company it's not!

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I picked up that blu-ray player for the same price but then took it back after reading all the horrible reviews. Let me know if the reviewers are wrong.[/QUOTE]

I posted about that Memorex Blu-Ray player last week. I looked at the Amazon reviews and got a good laugh. Worst reviewed product I've ever seen!!

The Haier 7" tv, I saw two entire endcaps full of them today at one store for $32.xx. Does anyone know what the screen resolution is? The Target product website below claims it is 720p, but I find that hard to believe for the size. The Haier website doesn't list it. Can anyone verify?

http://www.target.com/Haier-Portable-Digital-LCD-TV/dp/B001E78UQY

Finally, I saw the GH5 guitar bundle holding steady at $62.xx at two different stores today. I'd love to score one at 75% off, but not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back