The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

SPECIAL NOTE (B1G1 free on $14.99 and under used games through August 4th):
All used games under $14.99 are buy one get one free through August 4th NOW OVER.

The second post has games that you may want to trade in to Gamestop to transfer some credit from BB to GS. Unfortunately with the end of the $10 extra promo at Gamestop this is much less useful than before. Some people may have the $15 bonus coupon or want to use the current GS deal (trade 3 get an extra 10%, trade 4 get an extra 20%, trade 5 get an extra 30%) so we'll keep that post going until the B1G1 free ends at Blockbuster.

Even though the B1G1 sale is now over, I'm leaving this info up for a few days for those who bought stuff and still want to trade it in to Gamestop (you have till the 10th there).

SPECIAL NOTE #2 (DS Lite's and new DS games now available at most BB stores!):
Starting just on July 15th, most Blockbuster stores got shipments of DS Lites and a wide assortment of new DS games that they've never had for sale in the past. Titles include NSMB, Professor Layton, Mario Party DS, and High School Musical ;).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are currently taking preorders for NCAA 09, Madden 09, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur IV, and a few others (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values. I'm going to elaborate on the last sentence as people apparently don't understand that when I say regular BB's have the same trade-in values as Gamerush that it means [hightlight]regular Blockbuster stores accept game trade-ins just like Gamerush stores[/highlight].

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. They just started in mid July selling DS Lites at most stores as well. As a result of not selling used hardware, however, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Both Gamerush and regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for new games for a $5 deposit (or you can pay any other amount beyond that). Gamerush stores will get many more games in than the regular stores but unfortunately a preorder at either place is not a guarantee you will get the game. Sometimes they do not get certain titles in even if you preorder them months in advance.

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by many regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Guitar Hero On Tour
High School Musical
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS
My Fashion Designer
My Weight Loss Coach
NSMB
Professor Layton
Zoo Tycoon 2
(and a bunch of other older titles they just got in on July 15th)

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Lost Planet Colonies Edition
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard
Wall-E

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Blast Works
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Rock Band bundle
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wall-E
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='nietzsche74']So anyone know what the chances are of Wii Fantastic 4 dropping to $10-$15 on tuesday.[/quote]

It should drop to $16.

it seems that any wii game that was originally 14.99 has gone up to $16.99. i believe this happened the last time they ran this sale.

wait so Gamecrazy pricematch the tiv for Blockbuster TIV? o.o I have 2 copy left and it'll be nice if it does work i can get my MGS4 copy.

[quote name='chichi305']do you guys know if any stores in the southern maryland area do trades at blockbuster?[/quote]

Yes I have done trades at the Greenbelt locations and College Park locations when I was working there.

[quote name='luan87us']wait so Gamecrazy pricematch the tiv for Blockbuster TIV? o.o I have 2 copy left and it'll be nice if it does work i can get my MGS4 copy.[/quote]Yes, GC will match BB/GR or anyone else, it's their policy. Always use GC and a backup for BB/GR. The only thing you have to worry about is whether or not that specific GC location will accept a specific game...they may already have a lot of copies and, if so, will turn it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ghozt']i am assuming most have cell phones with free long distance. if your local BB doesn't give TIV over the phone call any of these.

(817) 926-5711
(817) 377-2396[/quote]
what part of tarrant county are you in?

Lots to get through today... First some respones:

[quote name='stoned99']
Io, add Guitar Hero III as a good flip from GS to GR using the 25 coupon + 10% edge discounts.[/QUOTE]Gladly, if you tell me how much it gets at BB ;).

[quote name='nietzsche74']So anyone know what the chances are of Wii Fantastic 4 dropping to $10-$15 on tuesday. Whoever bought it from GS recently could presumably just pick it up and return it back to them![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Warner1281']Some price info from this weeks price drops (all prices are used at BBV):

Conan (X360)- 14.99
Eragon (X360)- 6.99
Spyro: Eternal Night (Wii)- 16.99 [I think this one went UP in price]
Fantastic Four: ROTSS (Wii)- 29.99 [meaning the TIV will drop to $20 or less on Tuesday][/quote]

Yep, I'll add to the confirmation. At a store where I traded one today they were doing "trade-in training" as usual (manager showing 2 other guys how to do trades) and she said the buyback price was 1 penny more than the used sale price. Odd thing was she didn't seem to think that was wrong or funny - just said it matter of factly. So I would assume it will be $16-$19 come Tuesday - still not bad if you get 'em from TRU for $4.

As for the Wii titles, I looked at 3 stores today and they had nothing under $16.99.

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']Io - Confirmed that FF4 for Wii did not scan at one of my local GR locations. They had no copies on the shelf, and she looked it up and gave me the $30, but it would not scan. I'm guessing this was an easy way for corporate to try to minimize trade-ins on that game???[/QUOTE]

Not corporate for sure - I had no problem trading 4 in today :mrgreen:.

[quote name='UCLAevo']are there any ps3 or wii possibilities that are missing? the list in the OP only has 4 total for both of those systems....[/QUOTE]

As I said above, very few Wii games are priced $14.99 and under. In fact, I confirmed Sonic at $16.99 today so that one goes off the list.

[quote name='ghozt']it seems that any wii game that was originally 14.99 has gone up to $16.99. i believe this happened the last time they ran this sale.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='eugaet']Yes, GC will match BB/GR or anyone else, it's their policy. Always use GC and a backup for BB/GR. The only thing you have to worry about is whether or not that specific GC location will accept a specific game...they may already have a lot of copies and, if so, will turn it down.[/QUOTE]

Just beware that many GC's will come up with all kinds of crazy excuses sometimes. Some flat out deny or don't know about the price match policy. I had a guy say, "yeah, we guarantee we have better trade-ins - let me check that". And when it turned out they gave much less for it than the BB receipt he said they didn't match. I've also had one tell me BB was not a "competitor" so they wouldn't match. And, according to him, Blockbuster gives out one price for all Xbox 360 games no matter how old they are and they won't match that :lol:. I also had one compromise with me and give me half the difference because it was simply too much for them - note this may very happen with you on F4!

Yesterday (saturday) I took 2 FFROTSS to 2 different BB's and got $30 at each no problem, scanned and all. Funny thing was when I was scoping out B1G1 possibilities, I noticed a copy of FFROTSS in the under 14.99 bin stickered at 9.99! Thought about buying and trading in front of them for $20 but that would be bansville express. Manager lady was handling it too, you think they would've stopped it if they were already selling it super cheap.

And yes, I can also report all other wii games (Sonic, MLB etc) were 16.99.

Same goes for ps3, Virtua Fighter 5, even MLB2K7 went up to 16.99.

I also saw Conan priced at 29.99 at one BB, and 19.99 at the other. I was suprised to see 14.99 in this thread. Saw Sega Rally Revo too at 14.99 at one and 24.99 at another. Seems like they're pricing used more based on stock lately

Picked up Grid with credit. AWESOME game.

So, my little run today started with a trip to TRU. This is the same TRU where the guy told me they had no Fantastic Four and all their clearance stuff was in the bin. As I suspected I had missed the frontlane display of cheap Wii titles. Well, today, a week and a half later, they had no less than NINE F4's in the frontlane display - of course with no indication of price. They also had some SMB.

I bought 6...

Then went to GS and made my fourth use (out of 4 tries) on the $15 coupon and traded in a SMB ($4 from TRU) and Viva Pinata ($5 from Target) for $27.10. They had mint copies of Viking and Condemned 2 which I snagged.

I went to a BB I hadn't traded at in a while and, for a change, the guy who helped me knew exactly how to do trades and apply the credit to my value card without calling for help - imagine that! Traded F4, Viking, and Condemned 2. As I said before, they had no problem with the F4 scan - so that must be a district or store-level thing. It is very interesting that they can disable UPC's for certain items like that. Someone also said something about that happening when there are too many copies. That's possible - nowhere that I traded them had any other copies (that I could see).

The big news was that this (regular) BB had DS's for sale! If they had the blue one I probably would have snagged one, but they only had pink and red/black. I still haven't seen them at any other stores, but this is a good sign.

Then I stopped by one I had never traded before and opened a new trade account and traded another F4. This is where they mentioned that the used sale price was $29.99 (which Warner confirmed as well). So expect a drop to anywhere between $14-$19 on Tuesday. This isn't too bad, as I would have expected them to drop it all the way to $9.99-$17.99 used. (Edit - funkflexmctough - I would assume that the one you saw tagged $9.99 was a mis-tag from the 360 version which I think may be that cheap. Also, prices are not based on stock per store - the higher ones you saw are just out of date).

Next stop was to try to find a Blockbuster I went to a long time ago to buy games when they had the last new game clearance. Either I was in the wrong place or the store closed (likely) because I spent 1/2 hour driving around and couldn't find it. Then to compound the error, I tried to take a shortcut to a highway with 2 more BB's and I got lost and ended up way out in the country :lol:. Finally I figured it out and got back over but much further down than I wanted to - right near the second of those two BB's. At this point I had 4 F4's in the car and I knew I wouldn't be able to get anywhere to trade tomorrow. I also needed to get home soon and was still 45 minutes from home. So instead of backtracking to the other BB (where I tried to trade Viva Pinata Party Animals several weeks ago and they told me they had "too many of those" when in fact they had none - so I wasn't too keen on going there anyway) I decided to go for it. Note, this is hardly the stuff of kunai legend, but I took TWO WHOLE COPIES of F4 in to the final BB. They took them with no problem except that they couldn't figure out how to get the credit on my Value card (got a gift card instead). To head off any Jr Detective work, I just told them I bought 2 copies for my son and his friend and they decided they didn't want them. Which is true enough, sort of. Ie, if I showed them to them they wouldn't want them ;). They didn't seem to care, but then again the same thing was true back with the Beowulf fiasco. All it takes is some manager reviewing the logs... Oh well, I knew I was taking a chance (though following their very own trade guidelines of course so it shoudn't be anything to be afraid of :roll:).

So, I still have 2 more copies. There are other stores around here where I've never traded but I think I'm going to take it easy now. I'll let it drop to the teens and take them with me on my trip and use them down there for GS fodder...

On another note, I asked at each of the 3 stores I went to and nobody at any of them had any knowledge whatsoever about any B1G1 sale. One helpful employee told me it would be nice, but they never have sales on used games. OK then, I think I'll be in for some fun times on Tuesday :roll:.

[quote name='doubledown']Ok, I may get one....plus, my wife just got a DS (well, I got it for her with GR/BB credit) and the selection on USED games at Blockbuster/GR is HORRIBLE. I may just get some used at GameStop (if they come with case/manual).

I was looking at this page on GameStop's website (http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/) and it says New Super Mario Bros. trades in for $20-$24...is that accurate? I cannot think that is true....my wife does not enjoy the game.[/QUOTE]

Good lord man, just get an Edge card already. Yes, it is $15 in store but you get 2 advantages that way vs the $2 online thing. Well, 3 actually - you'll get it ASAP and thus can use it this week for the deals. But also, you get GameInformer which, though not a literary masterpiece, is at least worth an hour of reading every month. I actually kind of miss it now that I have the $2 one. Also, make sure you buy your sub from the store you will do the most trading at and with the most visible employee (or one you like/has helped you in the past). They get points for getting those subs so you'll make their day.

But you must have it even if you do a minimal amount of transferring. Just today, for example, I only traded 2 games and bought 2 more to trade to BB but I got an extra $1.10 on the trade and saved $5.40 on the purchase - that's over 1/3 of the normal Edge card cost right there in a very small-time transaction.

As for the used DS game prices at BB vs GS, that is an interesting thing. GS in general gives crappy prices - we all know that. However, where they often beat out Blockbuster is on "rare" or at least highly desired games. They will actually increase trade-in values on things like NSMB because they can sell them so easily. Blockbuster never adjusts things either way (much to our advantage!) but this is one of those examples where GS actually gives you a better deal as a result.

Kind of off topic, but i'll make it BB related
What are good games to buy at BB for the wii? I finally decided to keep a wii that went along with wiiplay, nunchuck, and mario kart; all thanks to FF:RotSS. Do the math and you would have done the same ;P

[quote name='asthmatic']Kind of off topic, but i'll make it BB related
What are good games to buy at BB for the wii? I finally decided to keep a wii that went along with wiiplay, nunchuck, and mario kart; all thanks to FF:RotSS. Do the math and you would have done the same ;P[/QUOTE]

Well, if you are still oozing credit, I would suggest Boom Blox. It is a very fun game that isn't worth $50 cash, but of course credit is another matter... And of course, buy Wii Points cards from BB - I picked one up myself today. I have yet to check out the WiiWare but I might get Lost Winds (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/lostwinds) with this. I figure that points card cost me about $2.66 (2/3 of a F4 from TRU) making Lost Winds (at 1000 points I think) $1.33 ;).

I'm surprised you found Mario Kart to purchase though - even the BB's around here are all sold out of that (and Wii Fit of course).

Oh, and buy Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Duh.

I am trying to get :ps3:Battlefield:BC. I can trade in some older games of mine( :ps3:UT3, and maybe one or two more) Or better yet get some quick flips. I know I have been in here a few time before but I still have never traded in a game to BB yet.

*Yes, I know that is the point of this whole thread but I am low on cash, so I have very little I can invest on flips, but I figured I would post to see what you guys thought.

EDIT-Also because of my money situation I can't drive all over town, but if I can call the place and know they have an item instock and they are close by, then I will go but It has be a decent flip.

[quote name='Warner1281']Some price info from this weeks price drops (all prices are used at BBV):

Conan (X360)- 14.99
Eragon (X360)- 6.99
Spyro: Eternal Night (Wii)- 16.99 [I think this one went UP in price]
Fantastic Four: ROTSS (Wii)- 29.99 [meaning the TIV will drop to $20 or less on Tuesday]

Also, the B1G1 will start on TUESDAY, regardless of what your local, not so intelligent BBV employee says.[/quote]

This makes eragon a pretty nice little flip. I know the BBVs in my area have at least 12 because I traded them in a long time ago when they were like $4 at Sears.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']This makes eragon a pretty nice little flip. I know the BBVs in my area have at least 12 because I traded them in a long time ago when they were like $4 at Sears.[/QUOTE]

I'd be careful with that. I thought I saw somewhere that Eragon only gets $1 at GS now. It is $2 in the OP of the GS thread and I just searched that thread and the last reported price was $2 - BUT, it was from June 19th so it very well could have dropped to $1 by now. I'll have to look around and see if someone posted that somewhere else...

[quote name='io']I'd be careful with that. I thought I saw somewhere that Eragon only gets $1 at GS now. It is $2 in the OP of the GS thread and I just searched that thread and the last reported price was $2 - BUT, it was from June 19th so it very well could have dropped to $1 by now. I'll have to look around and see if someone posted that somewhere else...[/quote]

Thanks for the warning io, I'll have to call to check the GS TIV before I buy too many.

I'm looking forward to Tues now. I will have a stern talking-to with the BBV employee who told me Monday. ;) I have almost $700 in credit between BBV and GS. I can't wait to double it. I end up buying so much stuff for myself while I'm flipping. I got 6 Blu ray movies for 35 bucks tho at GS. Now all I need is a PS3 to play them.

Oh yea, the TIV for GH3 for 360 is 28.50 at BBV. I bet it goes down on Tues tho, but it gets you a little over 7 bucks profit transferring from GS to BBV I think. Just make sure it has a barcode or you go to a BBV that doesn't care if u take off the cover. Flipping GH3 isn't really worth it unless you have lots of GS credit you want moved back to BBV (which I'm sure will be the case for many of us later this week).

io, where are these wii clearance stands usually at in TRU? I couldn't find any of the cheap games at my TRU in the electronics section at all. Usually they're in bins, but the bins didn't have any good flips or any Wii games period. Maybe they were somewhere else in the store. I couldn't find a single employee for help so I didn't ask.

Very interesting-

Used prices:
:360: Stranglehold - $14.99
:ps3: Stranglehold - $16.99 (up from $14.99 yesterday)

With a BOGO sale the 360 version of Stranglehold is ready for a GS flip ($26 for 2 copies after EDGE and $15 coupon [$5 TIV at GS]).

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']io, where are these wii clearance stands usually at in TRU? I couldn't find any of the cheap games at my TRU in the electronics section at all. Usually they're in bins, but the bins didn't have any good flips or any Wii games period. Maybe they were somewhere else in the store. I couldn't find a single employee for help so I didn't ask.[/QUOTE]

At all 3 stores where I found them they were right in front of the middle front lane register - completely independent of the RZone which is why I missed them the first 2 times :wall:.

Thanks kunai - I removed the one and only PS3 game we had on the transfer list :cry:.
I also moved all that stuff to the second post. I knew I reserved that for a reason. All this transfer talk is great for us regulars, but it really isn't the point of this thread despite all the current attention it is getting. I'm trying to keep the first post more general.

sry io, I forgot to meantion the price of GH3 at GS is 29.99 (I know it was cheaper a couple weeks ago), so it's actually 19.50 -> 28.50 (at least until tomorrow). It's been 28.50 for many many weeks.

[quote name='Bezerker']He didn't know what he was doing. I can confirm that it is still $17.99 used. I believe the online system uses the same pricing as they do in store.[/quote]

Thanks. Picked up SST at another GS for $17.99 before discounts. Will go back to the other GS and try to get that same price there.

Also, when I went to GS looking for SST, I checked the 360 section and almost left after not finding SST. On my way out, I noticed that they had another section with 360 games "19.99 and under". Found SST. I need to go back to the other GS that has SST in stock.

IO, thanks for the Edge card info....I guess I will buy one today. I rarely buy games at GameStop to flip, but I may start doing more. I'll probably trade in NSMB today, and maybe purchased Condemned 2 or Viking. Then I will take those and flip them to BB/GR that is in the same plaza at lunch today. I also have a few other games to trade in. I may buy my wife a new/used DS game also at GameStop also since there selection is better.

I have a question concerning multiple accounts. Say I'm using my friend's account for trade-ins at one BBV and want to create another trade account under my mom's account at another BBV.

What kind of complications/limitations are there to having two different base accounts? Can I put all of my credit on one value card? If not, can I spend my value cards from different accounts at one BBV? Thanks to anyone with answers.

[quote name='rabbitt']I have a question concerning multiple accounts. Say I'm using my friend's account for trade-ins at one BBV and want to create another trade account under my mom's account at another BBV.

What kind of complications/limitations are there to having two different base accounts? Can I put all of my credit on one value card? If not, can I spend my value cards from different accounts at one BBV? Thanks to anyone with answers.[/quote]

i'm guessing value cards are not linked to any one account, so if you always tell them to put the credit on your value card, i'm guessing it doesn't matter which account(s) you trade on

one of the BBV/GR "veterans" should confirm my "theory" though :lol:

also,

do you guys think BBV (non - GR) will carry Unreal Tournament III (360)?

my guess is no, since they aren't advertising preorders for it, but i found that at my local BBV, they carry Lost Planet: colonies edition which I dont think was widely advertised...

Simple Question....I have been trading into GR for years ,and NEVER traded anything without a manual. Anyways, I took advice to get an EDGE card today. I purchased Condemned 2, but it only has a case and NO manual.

DOES Blockbuster/GR take trades without a manual? If not, I may have to return the game.....I hope they do though.

[quote name='doubledown']Simple Question....I have been trading into GR for years ,and NEVER traded anything without a manual. Anyways, I took advice to get an EDGE card today. I purchased Condemned 2, but it only has a case and NO manual.

DOES Blockbuster/GR take trades without a manual? If not, I may have to return the game.....I hope they do though.[/quote]

I always trade in games without manuals. They are only picky on artwork and the condition of the disc. Manuals don't really matter.

[quote name='swetooth9']i'm guessing value cards are not linked to any one account, so if you always tell them to put the credit on your value card, i'm guessing it doesn't matter which account(s) you trade on

one of the BBV/GR "veterans" should confirm my "theory" though :lol:

also,

do you guys think BBV (non - GR) will carry Unreal Tournament III (360)?

my guess is no, since they aren't advertising preorders for it, but i found that at my local BBV, they carry Lost Planet: colonies edition which I dont think was widely advertised...[/quote]

I am thinking yes on the UTIII. And value cards are similar to Edge Cards, they are reloadable gift cards. If you wanted to you could sell the BBV Value card for cash if you wanted, its not account specific.

I saw some prices at blockbuster. They had ridge racer 6 marked at $10, lego starwars II at $10, and saints row at $15. Some maybe mis-labled because a few games listed were different at my store.

Also I called a gamestop and got quoted $5 each for saints row and TMNT.

If someone needs some price quotes let me know, my gamestops and bb's are very friendly.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']I always trade in games without manuals. They are only picky on artwork and the condition of the disc. Manuals don't really matter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will trade in after work :)

I was able to pick up Professor Layton for the DS for $20 USED also at GR....must have just been marked down from $24.99. My wife wanted this....

It still baffles me when they sell DS games with JUST the card (no case/manual) for the same price. Oh well, Layton was complete :)

[quote name='toocool17']I saw some prices at blockbuster. They had ridge racer 6 marked at $10, lego starwars II at $10, and saints row at $15. Some maybe mis-labled because a few games listed were different at my store.

Also I called a gamestop and got quoted $5 each for saints row and TMNT.

If someone needs some price quotes let me know, my gamestops and bb's are very friendly.[/quote]

always appreciated :whistle2:D thanks man!

wow thank you all for exposing me to this wonderful world of flipping. Today I lost my flipping virginity twice! I went to one gamestop and bought condemned, RoSS, and fatal inertia for like 53 and traded them to my BBV for 94. Then i hit up another GS for RoSS, sega superstars tennis, and viking for $48, then traded them to BBV for $87!

So basically i spent like $100 and got $180 in credit. Im going out again tonight to clean up my area of RoSS's and then make up a gameplan of what games to get at each BBV to take advantage of the b1g1. Then its back to GS to stick it to them.

again thank you cags for allowing me to share my devirginization of flipping with you

[quote name='kearns710']Today I lost my flipping virginity twice![/quote]

You can only lose your virginity once ;).

Just got back from trading Condemned 2 and Viking. $64 is the most I've gotten in a single transaction so far. Might not seem like a lot to you, but it is to me. I now have $89 in BBV credit. There was also a moment of greatness at the store today. When the employee gave me my Value Card back he just couldn't control himself very well and he gave a small chuckle. Just wait until he sees the $400+ I'm planning on getting.

[quote name='confoosious']man i hope there are some good flips the other way (BBV->GS) this week as I've got $500 in BBV credit I don't know what to do with.[/quote]

Did you not read the first page?

Oh my i'm gonna have a big ass stack of games come tomorrow!

See several to add to my personal backlog and the rest goes to GS. :D

Thanks for the hard works everyone! I'm sure us early birds will have a full report tomorrow afternoon as to any new prices for late owls. :grouphug:

[quote name='DarkRider23']Did you not read the first page?[/QUOTE]

Yes I did. But some of those aren't "good". Depending on what BBV does with prices and B1G1 free starting tomorrow, then they might be good.

haven't seen this discussed. With the B1G1, does it matter the order that the games are rung up? If I buy two 14.99, two 12.99 and two 9.99 games will the computer automtically ring up a 14.99, 12.99 and 9.99 game free? Or would it charge me 14.99, 14.99 and 12.99 giving me the 12.99, 9.99 and 9.99 games free? I am just thinking if I buy twenty games at a time it would suck if it charges you for the ten most expensive and made the cheapest ten free. If warner or any other BB/GR employee can let us know, that would be great.

Well, one of my Blockbusters already had bins out with all of the $14.99 or less games ready to go for tomorrow's sale. And, of course, not one PS3 or Wii game. EVERY single $14.99 game for both systems was marked up to $16.99 over the past few weeks.

Very annoying. Sure, I'll still be picking up some 360 games and I understand why they're doing it (both PS3 and Wii have much smaller used inventories). But I really had hoped to pick up a few more PS3 games for my recent PS3 purchase. Oh well.

[quote name='soonerdoctemp']haven't seen this discussed. With the B1G1, does it matter the order that the games are rung up? If I buy two 14.99, two 12.99 and two 9.99 games will the computer automtically ring up a 14.99, 12.99 and 9.99 game free? Or would it charge me 14.99, 14.99 and 12.99 giving me the 12.99, 9.99 and 9.99 games free? I am just thinking if I buy twenty games at a time it would suck if it charges you for the ten most expensive and made the cheapest ten free. If warner or any other BB/GR employee can let us know, that would be great.[/quote]

Probably gotta do multiple transactions knowing how crappy BB/GR is...

Haha edited my post because I misread your post.... :D

Opened 2 new BBV trading accounts yesterday and traded in one game at each (SMB:BB & Splinter Cell: DA). I have $90 credit (from $21.70 cash) and my goal is to double the credit this week with the B1G1 and 25% off assuming BBV TIVs hold tomorrow.

[quote name='soonerdoctemp']haven't seen this discussed. With the B1G1, does it matter the order that the games are rung up? If I buy two 14.99, two 12.99 and two 9.99 games will the computer automtically ring up a 14.99, 12.99 and 9.99 game free? Or would it charge me 14.99, 14.99 and 12.99 giving me the 12.99, 9.99 and 9.99 games free? I am just thinking if I buy twenty games at a time it would suck if it charges you for the ten most expensive and made the cheapest ten free. If warner or any other BB/GR employee can let us know, that would be great.[/quote]

That's a very good point. You are probably right. I will ask for seperate transactions just to be safe.

Generally, I pair them off when I hand them over making it clear that one of each pair should be the free one. If they have difficulty (only if they're an idiot) they do multiple rings.

forgive me if this has already been discussed but how are people opening MORE THAN 1 trade account?! i have been banned (a while ago) and am just using the g/f to help me trade in stuff...but is there a way to sign up for another trade account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back