The CAG Backlog Support Group.

I still have yet to play an AC game.
If you are going to play any start with AC 1. Not because it is the best or anything, but because it looks absolutely terrible. It would be very difficult to back from any of the other games to AC 1. Even if you don't consider yourself a graphics snob, it's still rough.

If you are going to play any start with AC 1.
Assassin's Creed 1 isn't a bad game. I would advise not being OCD about playing it though. Just go in and focus on the main-line quest. You can ignore most of the optional content and collectibles. All of that stuff is a lot more entertaining to go after in Assasin's Creed 2. In the first game you can give it a pass and just focus on the main story.

The AC was in reference to Animal Crossing.
Waaaayyy too many acronyms in this industry.

I'd say start off Animal Crossing with one of the portable titles. The bite-sized play sessions commonly associated with handheld gaming are an appropriate fit for Animal Crossing's style of play. It's not the kind of game where you need to know anything about what came before. Whatever the latest, greatest version is will be the most likely candidate. Drop down to a system prior if you are on a budget and not looking to spend much. The versions for the Wii and the DS are very reasonably priced these days. And if you have a 3DS and don't mind spending a little extra, New Leaf is quite solid.

I think I am going to narrow down the next 10 or 20 games I want to beat and focus on those..I probably will take into account games coming out the rest of the year in that list as well. Then try to finish what I can from that list over the rest of the year.

This week I beat both Ground Zeroes and Watch Dogs for PS4. Now I'm gonna go back to AC3 and TLOU (trying to get some trophies before PS4 version comes out)

Finished Watch Dogs, Gravity Rush and God of War Chains of Olympus. I am working on Soul Sacrifice and Sideway New York now. After I finish those I will probably play God of War 1. Also finished the Outlast DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back an finished Infamous Second Son. I was really surprised that I hit the end so quickly. The campaign is a lot shorter than the first two. That seems to be the trend with early games in a generation.

Anyway, I tried getting back into Soul Sacrifice on Vita but I just can't get excited when playing it. At least it was a PS+ game. On Vita I'm looking start Retro City Rampage and Teraway. Both should be fun. I want to get back into Wonderful 101 and finish that up, along with A Link Between Worlds on 3DS.

Also, I'm going to look through my backlog and create a list of honest backlog games that I want to play. I'll see what I come up with.

Josh5890, on 23 Jul 2014 - 8:05 PM, said:
I went back an finished Infamous Second Son. I was really surprised that I hit the end so quickly. The campaign is a lot shorter than the first two. That seems to be the trend with early games in a generation.

Anyway, I tried getting back into Soul Sacrifice on Vita but I just can't get excited when playing it. At least it was a PS+ game. On Vita I'm looking start Retro City Rampage and Teraway. Both should be fun. I want to get back into Wonderful 101 and finish that up, along with A Link Between Worlds on 3DS.

Also, I'm going to look through my backlog and create a list of honest backlog games that I want to play. I'll see what I come up with.
I suggest going with Tearaway. Retro City Rampage isn't bad, but Tearaway is a gem.

I got sidetracked since I last posted. Was going back to old Kinect games and mopping up a lot of the achievements. Also spent a lot of time with Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare. My only complaint about that game is the only people who seem to be on mic are kids whose parents don't even realize the kinect doubles as a microphone and everyone can hear their precious kids screaming for just one more game before night-night. Ugh. I just mute everyone and have fun.

Did manage to kill off a few arcade games. Max Curse of Brotherhood, Valiant Hearts the Great War, The Wolf Among Us Season 1, and Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse have all been 100% completed. Currently I'm working on Broken Age Part 1 on IOS, and Lightning Returns on Xbox. Really want to jump into Atelier Rorona Plus after finishing these two.

For those with PS+, do you consider those games as part of your backlog?
Yes, I do but they are usually a low priority in my backlog, since they are technically free. However, if the game is really good or something I am interested in, I will bump it up to the front of the backlog.

For those with PS+, do you consider those games as part of your backlog?
Yeah I do, however I am willing to give up on the game if it sucks. I am not willing to put myself through torture just because it's free. For example, Pixel Junk Monsters HD blocks progression if you don't get perfects on almost all the levels. Therefore I am not interested in taking the time to sit around and try to perfect every level in a tower defense game just to have one of my guys die on wave 19/20.

I've split my backlog up into 3 groups; The I'm going to finish this list before die so help me God, I'd like to finish this game but it won't kill me, and It's going to look nice on my shelf. This is only for physical games as those games are my main focus. Also, I haven't included PC games as of now.

My important list has 91 games, the second list has 99 games, and don't ask about the third list :)

I feel better right now because I've stopped buying games like crazy. Two years ago I would've been on a spending spree with Best Buy's B1G1 3DS sale. This week I'm not biting. I've limited myself to buying games that belong on my first list. I'll still collect games I can get via CAG lowballs for

[quote name="Josh5890" post="11954424" timestamp="1406257994"]I've split my backlog up into 3 groups; The I'm going to finish this list before die so help me God, I'd like to finish this game but it won't kill me, and It's going to look nice on my shelf. This is only for physical games as those games are my main focus. Also, I haven't included PC games as of now.

My important list has 91 games, the second list has 99 games, and don't ask about the third list :)

I feel better right now because I've stopped buying games like crazy. Two years ago I would've been on a spending spree with Best Buy's B1G1 3DS sale. This week I'm not biting. I've limited myself to buying games that belong on my first list. I'll still collect games I can get via CAG lowballs for

I just learned about the lowland threads, how do they work?
Just like ebay. You see a game you like and bid on it.

Example: Super Mario 3D World- $5

All you have to do is pay attention to the end time and read the rules for shipping costs. They are a lot of fun to get into, especially at the end when snipping is rampant in the final minutes.

Just wrapped up Assassins Creed 3 today on :360: , holy crap it was boring.  I think even if I had played it before Black Flag (my first PS4 game and favorite of the series) I still wouldnt have liked it.  Connor was a pretty dull character and the story made no sense at all.  Plus, the side stuff was almost unbearably bad to do.  I paid $10 for this from the MS Store last year and I still think I overpaid, lol.  What a disappointment.  Need to start something good on 360 next to wash the bad taste out of mouth.

:ps4: wise I'm working through TLOU Remastered and about 80% through Injustice's story.  Both of those games are much more fun.

EDIT:  I also got Lego Hobbit :ps4: today for $15 from Target...so of course, add another game to the backlog lol.

When you guys finish games in your backlogs, do you trade them/sell them/delete them or do you collect them? Do you ever go back to your old games?

Last edited:
When you guys finish games in your backlogs, do you trade them/sell them/delete them or do you collect them? Do you ever go back to your old games?
For physical games, it depends on the game. Certain games I will always keep in the collection (Halo series, Mass Effect series, Skryim, Uncharted series, etc) but I will also trade/sell plenty (such as AC3). Digital wise I'll only delete if I'm low on hard drive space but I rarely buy digital anyway.

Just wrapped up Assassins Creed 3 today on :360: , holy crap it was boring. I think even if I had played it before Black Flag (my first PS4 game and favorite of the series) I still wouldnt have liked it. Connor was a pretty dull character and the story made no sense at all. Plus, the side stuff was almost unbearably bad to do. I paid $10 for this from the MS Store last year and I still think I overpaid, lol. What a disappointment. Need to start something good on 360 next to wash the bad taste out of mouth.

:ps4: wise I'm working through TLOU Remastered and about 80% through Injustice's story. Both of those games are much more fun.

EDIT: I also got Lego Hobbit :ps4: today for $15 from Target...so of course, add another game to the backlog lol.
Howd you get Lego Hobbit for $15?

I used to trade them but now I keep them. I've found myself re-purchasing games too often after trading them.

I stopped trading in games several years ago. I would rather keep them as part of my library.

The target deal where you preorder a game for $1, and get $15 off a game 39.99, plus price matching Best Buy's sale price.
If anyone is interested Target sells LEGO Marvel Super Heroes for $39.99 (Xbox 360/PS3) and Amazon has them listed for $19.99. It's recently been going in and out of stock so if you just so happen to catch it and take advantage of the Target promo you could get it for $5. YMMV

I have finished Gone Home and Gears Of War 3.

Purchased Gone Home on a Steam sale. It wasn't what I expected as far as depth and gameplay. I would not recommend paying full price, which I think is $19.99.

Gears Of War 3. The Gears franchise used to be the games of games for me. I used to play the first Gears online religiously. Gridlock, Clock Tower, Raven Down....good times. I stopped playing online shortly after Gears 2. Playing Gears 3 just brought all of that back to the surface especially when they referenced the "two-piece" in the campaign. Those were the days.

Haven't played my PS3 in a while so my next game will be between:

Metal Gear Rising

LA Noire

Tomb Raider

Infamous 2

Heavenly Sword

Any suggestions?

Gears Of War 3. The Gears franchise used to be the games of games for me. I used to play the first Gears online religiously. Gridlock, Clock Tower, Raven Down....good times. I stopped playing online shortly after Gears 2. Playing Gears 3 just brought all of that back to the surface especially when they referenced the "two-piece" in the campaign. Those were the days.
Man those were the days I logged in so many hours on Gears 1 (especially on Gridlock, War Machine, Fuel Depot, and Raven Down). Definitely one of my favorite online multiplayer games of all time. I still play every now and then. The only annoying thing about the game is the damn Seriously achievement, I have over 17,000 kills and still no achievement.

Anyway to answer your question, Heavenly Sword is a pretty good game and it's pretty short too, so you can knock it out quickly. Tomb Raider is also a good choice.

If anyone is interested Target sells LEGO Marvel Super Heroes for $39.99 (Xbox 360/PS3) and Amazon has them listed for $19.99. It's recently been going in and out of stock so if you just so happen to catch it and take advantage of the Target promo you could get it for $5. YMMV

I have finished Gone Home and Gears Of War 3.

Purchased Gone Home on a Steam sale. It wasn't what I expected as far as depth and gameplay. I would not recommend paying full price, which I think is $19.99.

Metal Gear Rising

LA Noire

Tomb Raider

Infamous 2

Heavenly Sword

Any suggestions?
Heavenly Sword is supposed to be really short like 2-3 hours, so you could hammer that out. The rest I would put in the order of Infamous 2, MGR, Tomb Raider, LA Noire. That order is a longer game, shorter game, the longest game, and another shorter game. It may help getting burned out on long games.

I have been busy and haven't updated in awhile, but I finished

Saints Row IV
Poker Night at the Inventory 2
Angry Birds Star Wars
Lego Batman 2
Transistor
NCIS Game
Hydrophobia
Frogger Returns
God of War 3
God of War 2
Dyad
God of War Ghost of Sparta
God of War
Sideway: New York

Soul Sacrifice

God of War Chains of Olympus

For anyone who wants easy trophies go for Frogger Returns. 3 Silvers and a Gold and maybe takes an hour. I'm happy to have the God of War Series done. Dyad was a waste of time. Soul Sacrifice is amazing. Hydrophobia is a hidden gem, if you realize that it came out something like 5 years ago. Sideway was a little disappointing. NCIS is a free Plat. Transistor is AMAZING! Played Angry Birds with my girlfriend. Poker in the Inventory is awful. Saints Row IV is terrible compared to 3 and Lego Batman 2 is a subpar Lego game.

Metal Gear Rising

LA Noire

Tomb Raider

Infamous 2

Heavenly Sword

Any suggestions?
You can start Heavenly Sword in the morning and be finished by lunch. After that my picks would be- Tomb Raider, Infamous 2, LA Noire and MGR.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Heavenly Sword it is!

Man those were the days I logged in so many hours on Gears 1 (especially on Gridlock, War Machine, Fuel Depot, and Raven Down). Definitely one of my favorite online multiplayer games of all time. I still play every now and then. The only annoying thing about the game is the damn Seriously achievement, I have over 17,000 kills and still no achievement.

Anyway to answer your question, Heavenly Sword is a pretty good game and it's pretty short too, so you can knock it out quickly. Tomb Raider is also a good choice.
I forgot about War Machine and Fuel Depot! YES! Mansion was another fave of mine. I'm surprised the servers are still up and people are still playing. Makes sense though, I and some others really wasn't into Gears 2 multiplayer. It was too far from Gears 1. I liked Horde Mode but that was about it.

Okay so... apparently I finished Deathspank Thongs of Virtue and I don't remember that, but it is done. I finished Assassin's Creed IV for PS4 and Crash Commando for PS3. I am going to finish Proteus in the next hour or so (supposed to be 45 minutes long) and then start on something else. I think it I may finish Resident Evil 4 for PS3.

Playing through Resistance Fall of Man.  I guess I'm a Killzone fanboy because Resistance seems so bad, even for the time it was released.  I still have the will to try and finish it, unlike Timeshift I just lost interest and gave up on.

The Uncharted trilogy was amazing and makes me almost want to go play the Last of Us.  Alpha Protocol definitely has that awesomely bad vibe to it.  Bulletstorm definitely needs a sequel.  I also did enjoy Halo Reach.

Playing through Resistance Fall of Man. I guess I'm a Killzone fanboy because Resistance seems so bad, even for the time it was released. I still have the will to try and finish it, unlike Timeshift I just lost interest and gave up on.

The Uncharted trilogy was amazing and makes me almost want to go play the Last of Us. Alpha Protocol definitely has that awesomely bad vibe to it. Bulletstorm definitely needs a sequel. I also did enjoy Halo Reach.
I just finished the first Resistance about a month ago. I was in the same boat, just playing to push myself through and I'm glad I did. My suggestion is to finish Fall of Man, play Resistance 2 until you can't stand it anymore (that's if you don't like the changes which include limited weapon inventory, and other changes that make it more broadly accepted), quit, view the ending to Resistance 2 on YouTube, and then begin Resistance 3.

Resistance 3 brings that human despair back that Resistance 2 lacked. I really cared what happens.

As for The Last Of Us, it is not like Uncharted. If you go in trying to compare or looking for that Uncharted-like moment as you play, it will be too much of a distraction and take you out of the experience. I can't think if any other games to compare it to...maybe Resident Evil 4 - being that conserving your supplies is key and there are sections of isolation in an open area (even though you'll have Ellie) that resembles moments in Red Dead Redemption. Over all it's a great game. Now that I've read The Walking Dead Compendiums, I so want to go back and replay it.

I hit a pretty significant backlog milestone on Friday that I feel is worth sharing.

I beat the Dragonborn DLC on my 360, which while not significant on its own, is significant in that it was the LAST major piece of 360 content I wanted to beat. I still have some DLC for other games (Borderlands 1 and 2, RDR, Fallout New Vegas) that I wouldn't mind beating eventually but the rest of my 360 backlog is either from GWG or cheap arcade stuff that can easily be beat in an hour or two.

All in all, it feels good. I still plan to keep the 360 for a while as there's a bunch of stuff id like to replay on it, but the backlog feeling is gone!

I am looking for a group to do Borderlands 1/2 and All the dlc on 360. I've played it before, but none of the DLC for bl2. I want to get it done before my gold expires. I would like to get through BL1 though as fast as possible. Let me know if you are interested.

Been busy lately. I finished
Resident Evil 4
Proteus
Castle of llusion
Plants Vs Zombies PSN version
Burn Zombie Burn
Mahjong: Ancient Wisdom
Metrico
MLB: The Show Home Run Derby
Inferno Pool
Diablo 3
Daylight
Warhammer 40k Space Marine
Earthworm Jim HD
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

I can't believe I still have 50-60 more games to play.

I finished a few games up the last few weeks:

Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion

Sly Cooper Thieves in TIme

Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc (got the plat)

Strider

Trine 2

Walking Dead 400 Days

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

Murdered: Soul Suspect

I am about halfway through Tales of Grace, once I finish that I am going to clean up some of my vita backlog. First I am going to play Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racconus ,and then I will eventually start my Persona 4 plat run (which would be my fourth time playing through the game counting my 2 PS2 playthroughs, lol).

Finished Killzone: Shadow Fall.

They destroyed the series with this one. :cry:

So many games in the backlog for the Xbox 360 and so little time :-({|=
Depending on how important Trophies / Achievements are to you, I would recommend putting games that you don't care much about on a lower difficulty setting just to burn through them. I would also check to see if the games you are playing even have a difficulty trophy / achievement, because if they don't you wouldn't miss that extra Gold trophy or 25-50g or whatever it is on the Xbox. While this can take away from the experience, it can help chip away at the backlog. It depends on where the priority is. I gave up on trophies a long time ago and that has allowed me to focus on just completing campaigns.

Depending on how important Trophies / Achievements are to you, I would recommend putting games that you don't care much about on a lower difficulty setting just to burn through them. I would also check to see if the games you are playing even have a difficulty trophy / achievement, because if they don't you wouldn't miss that extra Gold trophy or 25-50g or whatever it is on the Xbox. While this can take away from the experience, it can help chip away at the backlog. It depends on where the priority is. I gave up on trophies a long time ago and that has allowed me to focus on just completing campaigns.
Achievements add replay-ability to games though, And i try to perfect games If possible, Cannot for the life of me spend time perfecting Gears of war 3, Seriously 3.0 too much of a grind. I Also love the challenge that trophies/achievements offer. I'm a sucker for JRPGS on consoles but there haven't been many good ones in recent years on xbox at least.

Ever since school started back up, my backlog has been at a stand still. I think I just need to organize time a little better and I will be in good shape. I want to get Smash and GTA V this fall but that will be it. Everything else can come at a cheaper time.

Cool thread...

I actually made a list of my backlog quite a few years ago, and at that point it was over 100 games.  Since then though I've zero doubt it's...well, it's almost certainly over 500 games, could be over 1000.

Hell, just on my PSP I'm playing the second Lunar remake, and have I think 10-11 more games to go through until I'm caught up on it.  I've got like I think 50+ Vita cartridges now, none played.  Lots left on the last gen consoles.  (Oh, and 1 Wii game left...Galaxy 2)  And I have literally hundreds of unplayed PC games. 

bread's done
Back