The New New Urban Dead Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

Take a screenshot. Crop it so that we can't see your browser or your inventory. Host it on imageshack (not photobucket). Post it on the Brainstock forums. If you're ultra-lazy, send me a PM with a link to the image and I'll put it on there.

Today sucked. I got attacked by a single zombie in a hospital despite the fact that there were at least a dozen other people around me. Then I searched like 14 times and only got 1 medkit. Now I'm asleep and afraid. *Sigh*

[quote name='insertcleverthing']Today sucked. I got attacked by a single zombie in a hospital despite the fact that there were at least a dozen other people around me. Then I searched like 14 times and only got 1 medkit. Now I'm asleep and afraid. *Sigh*[/quote]
Couple useful hints:
-Stay away from high priority buildings. Basically any buildings that yield useful items (i.e. ammo, FAKs, etc.)
-The list of people is arranged by user activity. Least activity at the top to the most active at the bottom of the list.

By the way, I got killed by a zombie. Can I get a revive at the cemetery next to BM?

[quote name='option.iv']Couple useful hints:
-Stay away from high priority buildings. Basically any buildings that yield useful items (i.e. ammo, FAKs, etc.)
-The list of people is arranged by user activity. Least activity at the top to the most active at the bottom of the list.

By the way, I got killed by a zombie. Can I get a revive at the cemetery next to BM?[/quote]You have to be kidding....

RRF's maseyayo was only a taste of what is to come. It's not too late to take your heads out of Crotch's ass and redeem yourselves.

[quote name='option.iv']RRF's maseyayo was only a taste of what is to come. It's not too late to take your heads out of Crotch's ass and redeem yourselves.[/quote]

As my avatar pic clearly shows, I wear a football helmet to guard against such actions.

Is this what I think it is? I hope so. I'd much rather fight the Corps than chase down a couple of Parthians.[quote name='option.iv']RRF's maseyayo was only a taste of what is to come. It's not too late to take your heads out of Crotch's ass and redeem yourselves.[/quote]Option, I am Crotch, and you are well known to me. Whatever leniency I extended to you and your comrades before may have been in error. If you persist in halting our course, we will burn your pathetic Gore Corps down to the last man.

[quote name='chuckie88']As my avatar pic clearly shows, I wear a football helmet to guard against such actions.[/quote]

I always thought it was medically prescribed.

Motherfucker.

Sean? You wanna kill me, go ahead and fucking kill me. But not after I quote Tassadar's most badass lines in all of fucking Starcraft.

I'll be in the fucking shower, god dammit.

[quote name='option.iv']RRF's maseyayo was only a taste of what is to come. It's not too late to take your heads out of Crotch's ass and redeem yourselves.[/quote]

Sorry, I'm just not following you.

Do you have some gripe against Crotch because of a chat and are you admitting to using multiple characters in the same suburb?

All these secret meetings and code words and what not and option was a fucking spy all along?!

In other news, I just made it to the new location (why is every building around us EHB .. I wasted a ton of ap getting in :bomb:). And in my travels I saw the building 2N, 1E of the NE corner of our location was getting hammered by a major horde of zombies.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']How do you keep getting killed?[/quote]I was stuck up in kinch heights in a not quite EHB building. It got breached overnight by a RRF goon.

Pretty weak we have a couple of CAGs that have to be douche bags and ruin the game for the rest of us.

It's not like we don't have our hands full with you know, zeds taking over all of Malton and us being KOS with several PK clans. :roll:

[quote name='yukine']Pretty weak we have a couple of CAGs that have to be douche bags and ruin the game for the rest of us.

It's not like we don't have our hands full with you know, zeds taking over all of Malton and us being KOS with several PK clans. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess they got tired of being powerless against the hordes of zeds that seem to be taking over Malton, and decided to target the only the people/thing they could actually have some sort of effect on. Pretty cowardly. It's like when you join a game on live and someone starts with the team kills. Salsa de lame.

Why are humans able to kill humans in this game anyway? It's retarded. And no, it wouldnt happen in real life. People wouldnt start clans of murderers.

Well I thought the whole point of making a CAG clan was so we could team up together and kill other UD players. Didn't expect we would have a bunch of backstabbers.

And:

seanee7.png

Hmm... :whistle2:k When did Sean defect?

Also, fatherofcaitlyn has no group and is listed as a Medic on the wiki. Probably option's "inside reviver", if I had to guess.

Yeah the zombies are unstoppable. The worst that happens is they fall down. And when you're not fighting them, ya got PKing assholes to deal with. I really like this game but I may not be a part of it much longer either.

I'm like 50XP away from the revive ability. I might be useful to you guys once I get that (my friends are still useless until they level up more)...

Now I just have to figure out what exactly this damn DNA extractor does and how to use it. I read the wiki, but it was like a little kid explaining Pokemon to you by starting with the hidden stat bonuses.

As for the team killing, I don't know enough and haven't been here long enough to really make any helpful insights. It sounds like a drag to most of the people here in game terms. In RPG terms, I think there might be crazed, wacked-out serial killers flying off the handle in a lawless, totally broken down society like the UD universe. The amount of them present does seem a bit extreme though...

I'll try to be of help if I'm needed.

[quote name='Maklershed']Yeah the zombies are unstoppable. The worst that happens is they fall down. And when you're not fighting them, ya got PKing assholes to deal with. I really like this game but I may not be a part of it much longer either.[/quote]

Either headshot them or revive them.

The headshot could be enough to get low level zombies out of the game.

The revive makes them another target for the zombies at worst and another resource for healing et al at best.

As for the zombies being unstoppable, they do seem to take ground, but they can't seem to hold ground.

The PKing would only make sense if resources were limited.

Sorry guys, but count me out. I'm not what I'm going to do or who I'm going to ally myself with, but this isn't going anywhere good. If I see any of you I'll still help out, of course.

Attention: My only targets are those who associate themselves with Crotch. I can guarantee that the rest shall be left alone, especially the lower levels. However, if anyone retaliates, you leave me no choice but to take action. I have also instructed SeanAmI to do the same.

I am not vying for leadership, I'll even go into exile if it comes to that. I just can't agree with Crotch's strategy and leadership, so I cannot sit idle at the moment. It has gotten many of us killed in the past, not to mention forced us to waste our AP for several occasions which yielded nothing beneficial. Basically, leadership needs to be transferred from Crotch to the entire group, evenly. This is for the better of CAS.

Those who agree, join me to create a new and improved order. Those who oppose... I shall continue to fight against. And those who keep whining about the game, take it up with Kevan, or just quit.

[quote name='option.iv']Attention: My only targets are those who associate themselves with Crotch. I can guarantee that the rest shall be left alone, especially the lower levels. However, if anyone retaliates, you leave me no choice but to take action. I have also instructed SeanAmI to do the same.

I am not vying for leadership, I'll even go into exile if it comes to that. I just can't agree with Crotch's strategy and leadership, so I cannot sit idle at the moment. It has gotten many of us killed in the past, not to mention forced us to waste our AP for several occasions which yielded nothing beneficial. Basically, leadership needs to be transferred from Crotch to the entire group, evenly. This is for the better of CAS.

Those who agree, join me to create a new and improved order. Those who oppose... I shall continue to fight against. And those who keep whining about the game, take it up with Kevan, or just quit.[/QUOTE]

Uhh... no.

If I EVER see you out there
I'll give you a hearty hello. :)

[quote name='option.iv']Attention: My only targets are those who associate themselves with Crotch. I can guarantee that the rest shall be left alone, especially the lower levels. However, if anyone retaliates, you leave me no choice but to take action. I have also instructed SeanAmI to do the same.

Those who agree, join me to create a new and improved order. Those who oppose... I shall continue to fight against. And those who keep whining about the game, take it up with Kevan, or just quit.[/quote]

Why kill people that dont join you though? Why not just ignore?

Those who agree, join me to create a new and improved order. Those who oppose... I shall continue to fight against. And those who keep whining about the game, take it up with Kevan, or just quit.[/quote]
Why do I picture option typing this with a shaking fist and an angry scowl.

The internet is serious business indeed.

Up against the wall, motherfuckers!

First, on zombies being unstoppable: until we get a significant buff or they get a significant nerf, then they are more-or-less unstoppable. Hence my love of fighting the Gore Corps. Death is an actual obstacle for them.
[quote name='yukine']
seanee7.png

Hmm... :whistle2:k When did Sean defect?[/quote]
Sean-y Sean, Sean... nobody lists Gore Corps as their group. Members of the Gore Corps just call themselves "Ridleybank Resistance Front". It masks their numbers or something. If you're gonna do it, do it right.

Shut the fuck up.
Bitch.

Even if you did disagree with the "direction" that Crotch has taken us, being a douchebag PK'er isn't going to change anyone's mind about his leadership. At best it is going to make people quit playing, which it seems is already happening. Between dealing with RRF GC PK'ers, an unstoppable zombie hoard who has all the advantages at present time, and fuckbag CAS backstabbers, the game just isn't much fun to play anymore.

I'll probably just devote most of my UD time to my alt and scout around with my CAS main just to try to hunt your punk ass down.

Oh, and BTW, even though your PK'ing is annoying, it is a minor inconvenience given that it gives us an opportunity to get Lurching Gait and Ankle Grab to get up and revived just that much faster and more efficiently.

Don't forget to get some scent skills while you're of the undead persuasion. Being able to identify revivified corpses is quite handy.

And just so we're all clear, Option's been doing an assload of bluffing here. Which is a god damn shame. I'd love to have him call in some Gore Corps or something, but no such luck so far.

[quote name='JJSP']

The internet is serious business indeed.[/quote]
Agree and find it funny!

Ummm....yeah I just play the game and stuff. I have absolutely no desire to "lead" this or any other group.
I simply don't have the time, dedication, technology, or know-how to do it.

UD is the only MMO I have ever even wanted to play because I can only log in 1 or 2 times a day, that's it.
My life will not allow me to plan strategies, coordinate strikes, and patrol message boards for plots.
My lack of technology and not being tech-savy prevents even the simplest of things like an IRC chat.

I played this game all by myself for 3-4 weeks when I started and it was fine.
I don't need inter-clan warfare to spice things up or make it interesting.

I don't have gripes against Crotch and have never felt that he has killed me.
I have never been PKed by any other humans for that matter, only zombies.
As far as I know, that's what they do.

Just thought I'd double post to address yukine's concerns.
[quote name='yukine']Well I thought the whole point of making a CAG clan was so we could team up together and kill other UD players. Didn't expect we would have a bunch of backstabbers.

And:

seanee7.png

Hmm... :whistle2:k When did Sean defect?

Also, fatherofcaitlyn has no group and is listed as a Medic on the wiki. Probably option's "inside reviver", if I had to guess.[/quote]
On my contacts list Sean was listed as CAS just now so I dunno' what's up.
As to fatherofcaitlyn, I noticed no group affiliation forever ago in the old thread.
I brought it up at least twice then, he always ignored answering. Just like now.

On to real actual UD playing and not this silly interclan squabbling:
I went ahead and added two more zed bodies outside the northern entry point.
27 in the pile now, obviously massing for an impending attack.

If the group (as a whole, by committee, or elected representation) decides to move, I would appreciate a pm.
G'night gentlemen. (Yes, I use that term very loosely.):D
Oh yeah, I went ahead and fixed the Adam Carolla link on the wiki.

bread's done
Back