The Spirit Squad Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best fucking news EVER.

I was really disappointed a while back when he had a tryout and then went to TNA for something.

But now he's back!

Oh, you betta recognize!

*head shaking*

That's awesome news. I just hope he keeps "Danger at the Door" as his theme.

In other news, I went to Barnes and Noble to try and pick up Ring of Hell, and despite the fact that the kiosk in the store said it was in stock, they didn't have it. I'll try again this weekend.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Hacksaw hasn't seen much airtime since Eugene got released. Is Dinsmore still wrestling in OVW?[/quote]

Yep and still the OVW champion. :wall:

[quote name='Genocidal']I doubt WWE could come up with a credible suit for a phrase they didn't coin that's as pervasive as that one is.[/QUOTE]

I didn't suggest they would sue anyone.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a D-Lo push on TV. I'd expect him to be more of an agent than an active wrestler. Hope I'm wrong...

[quote name='KaneRobot']I didn't suggest they would sue anyone.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a D-Lo push on TV. I'd expect him to be more of an agent than an active wrestler. Hope I'm wrong...[/quote]

The article on WWE.com said specifically that he signed a superstar contract, so take that for what it's worth.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I think part of the reason they still have jobs is so WWE can market them when they go to Mexico and Japan.[/QUOTE]

"See Funaki set up the ring LIVE!!!"

I kinda thought that dlo was just a nugget :D

wwe needs to do some tna recruiting. Steal joe or sabin. Abyss maybe. Abyss vs kane would be fun.

I hope D'Lo has a new theme. I really didn't care for any of his previous themes at all. All I know is I can't wait to see a Sky High here and a Lo Down there...

Now they've filled their spot for "new african american talent" that they want to bring in. Lucky for us, this one can wrestle AND talk. IMO D-Lo should be holding gold within his first month back (Possibly Dibiase jr's tag partner? j/k)

Nacho Libre DS actually isn't horrible. It's even got Human Tornado as a playable character, complete with his moonwalk nutshot. :)

D'lo fucking rules. Yes! YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Finally forgetting about the Droz incident and realizing his true wrestling performance and attitude.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

According to the latest issue of Power Slam magazine out of the UK, former WWE Diva Trish Stratus has reportedly had her breast implants taken out. If so, Stratus follows the lead of a few other women to remove their breast implants after leaving the world of professional wrestling behind including Chyna, Debra "Madusa" Miceli, Kimberly Page and Nidia Guenard.

Okay show tonight. The X division KOTM's result was fairly obvious, but the match itself was fine, if hurt by the commercial breaks completely eliminating the first penalty box period. It seems very odd to have this match, and then have Tenay state that this match only happens once a year. It's also pretty stupid to have this gimmick match on free TV when it's supposed to be the main attraction for the PPV.

Why would anyone want to buy the PPV for the KOTM match now? This one wasn't anything special, and it just showed how confusing the match can be, as they had action going on in the ring, two guys doing battle in the penalty box, and a graphic showing how long those men had to stay in the box all happening at once. There's way too much to keep track of with the KOTM gimmick match, and like the fight for the right, knocking a couple of stips out of it would help immensely.

I was happy to see the X division play a major part in the show, even if it was negated a bit by the wacky bachelor party and Steiner's burial of the Terrordome match (in glorious fashion, however). They did an acceptable job of building up Kurt-AJ - I like AJ stating that he's not out to win - he's out to hurt Kurt. That part was good, other parts of his promo weren't, as he just came off like a guy playing a guy who's supposed to be mad, instead of coming off as a guy who is pissed off.

The rest of the show was really no great shakes - Morgan's match was unspectacular, his F5 looked God-awful, and his ring attire looks worse than his original attire in TNA. The tag title match was built up very poorly tonight, as was the X division title match, which has had basically no build for it despite it being one of the first known matches for the PPV. The show-closing brawl was pretty by-the-numbers and paled in comparison to the insane one featuring Manny Fernandez and the Top Guns that aired on an AWA on ESPN Classic show this week.

Kong-Daffney was a lot of fun, although I've got mixed feelings about them already using ringers after just two weeks. For one thing, it completely kills the idea of this being a "fan vs. Kong" struggle, for another, why should the women have to sacrifice themselves to Kong in order to get a shot at TNA if TNA's knockout division is diverse and, as shown by the Cheerleader Melissa match a few weeks ago, they have an open door policy for it? It was bad enough just having Daffney as a "fan", but three pro wrestlers being "in the crowd" really exposes the gimmick.

The bachelor party was...something. I think my favorite part, aside from Lethal coming out to theme music at a bachelor party, was ODB bringing a giant box out, then grabbing hers. Dutt trying to sabotage the whole thing was funny, if a bit too obvious, and I hope Jake Roberts DDTs that American Idol guy on Sunday.

Quotes -
Tenay - TONIGHT, FOR THE FIRST TIME ON FREE TV, AN X DIVISION KING OF THE MOUNTAIN WHERE THE WINNER GETS A SHOT AT THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE!
Tenay - This Sunday, it’s the six year anniversary of TNA Wrestling, and it’s highlighted by King of the Mountain, which only happens once a year. Tonight, we’ve got an X Division King of the Mountain.
DW - It’ll show you exactly how intricate the King of the Mountain match is!
DW - Team 3D’s mission is like to destroy everyone in TNA!
Tenay - WOULD YOU HAVE EVER EXPECTED AJ TO COME TO THE AID OF CHRISTIAN AFTER THEIR HISTORY!?
(to Cage)AJ - It wasn’t long ago that we were like family, so I hope soon that we can just be on the same page. Now as far as Kurt is concerned, you idiots can relay this message to him - I’M GONNA BEAT THE PISS OUT OF HIM! I’M NOT OUT TO PIN KURT ANGLE, I’M OUT TO HURT KURT ANGLE! I’m gonna take care of his new butt-buddy, Tomko, in this very ring, TONIGHT!
Cornette - THAT’S EXACTLY RIGHT, YOU ARE GONNA TAKE CARE OF TOMKO! I’VE WATCHED YOU PUNKS BEAT ON AJ LIKE A DRAG QUEEN AT A TRACTOR PULL AND IT’S GONNA COME TO AN END! IT’S TIME FOR HIM TO DO SOME KNOCKIN’ DOWN! TONIGHT, AJ, IT WILL BE ONE ON ONE, YOU DON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING’ GANG JUMPED, BECAUSE THE SPECIAL GUEST ENFORCER WILL BE KEVIN NASH!
Ad Guy - Tonight, for the first time, it’s the king of the mountain match on Impact.
Velvet - Why are the Beautiful People hated? Because I have pimples on my backside that look better than the marks that come here every week and fantasize about being with us?

Tenay - ODB has replaced that flask with a spit cup for the pinch between her cheek and gums!
DW - AND WHY WOULDN’T SHE!?
DW - You can’t label the knockouts division - they’re far above any other women’s division in wrestling. They’re an eclectic bunch - there’s someone for everybody, know what I mean?!
Lethal (w/ theme as he enters bachelor party)- WHERE’S LANNY!? I KNOW HE SET THIS UP!
JB - HAS ANYONE SEEN LANNY POFFO!?
(at Graceland)EY - I’ve traveled hundreds of thousands of miles from the Impact Zone!
(as he looks at jumpsuit)EY - You know what? That would look awesome on Samoa Joe.
Tenay - The one name who is always linked
Sting - Of the top five of my matches, he’s in three of them. The first Clash, 45 minutes commercial free, the Bash in ‘90 when I won the title, and then the last one at Panama Beach.
Tenay - Your thoughts on the retirement of Ric Flair?
Sting - I don’t know how he did it all these years - he went out in style. His wave came ashore. It makes me think, Brett Favre, 2008, Ric Flair, 2008, is 3 a charm? My mind’s thinking about it now.
Roode - King of the Mountain is a TNA-branded match - it’s very special
Tenay - IT’S A VERY SPECIAL IMPACT - FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, YOU’LL SEE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN ON TV! YOU’LL SEE JUST HOW INTRIGUING THIS MATCH IS! The winner will receive a TNA World Heavyweight title shot next week on Impact!
Tenay - Once you pin a wrestler, that wrestler must spend TWO MINUTES INSIDE THE PENALTY BOX! On Sunday, the object will be to climb the ladder and get the TNA title, but tonight, the object will be to hang the big X!
Tenay - MOONSAULT OFF THE PENALTY BOX! WE’LL RETURN TO KING OF THE MOUNTAIN AFTER THIS COMMERCIAL BREAK!
DW - During the break, Rave pinned Curry Man, and Curry Man got out of the box.
DW - LOOK AT THE COMPLEXITY OF THIS MATCH!
DW - JUST THINK, AT SLAMMIVERSARY, THE WORLD CHAMPION WILL BE DECIDED IN THIS MATCH!
Penzer - Jimmy Rave to the penalty bix, Kaz is eligible.
(Kong’s theme hits)DW - Uh oh, somebody’s about ready to get killed…
JB - I recognize a few of you. You’re Amber O’ Neale. You’re Becky Bayless, and I recognize you, YOU’RE DAFFNEY!
Daffney - I’ve been wrestling all over the world - I’m gonna give it my best shot.
JB - Daffney, good luck. You’ve brought your mouthpiece - you’re prepared for this!
Tenay - Very interesting, we saw 3 women professional wrestlers in the crowd tonight to get a look at by TNA Management if they win the Awesome Kong 25,000 dollar challenge!
Nash - Joe, PISS OR GET OFF THE POT!
Dutt - I’VE GOT SOME TELEGRAMS FROM THE GROOMSMEN! I’LL BE AT JAY LETHAL’S WEDDING AS LONG AS FRANKIE CAN BE A RING BEARER! KOKO WILL BE THERE. WUH, WUH, GEORGE THE ANIMAL STEELE! KIMCHEE WILL EAT THE FISH, BUT I WILL EAT THE HUMAN, SIGNED…KAMALA! NO BACHELOR PARTY IS COMPLETE WITHOUT A STRIPPER! KIP JAMES, COME ON OUT! (Kip shakes ass, Dutt gives him dollars, Shark Boy vomits)
Tenay - Lance Hoyt still hasn’t found the owner of those SixXL panties!
Tenay - Is there a more disturbing sight than Sonjay Dutt feeding dollar bills to a stripping Kip James?
JB - Petey Williams, at Slammiversary, you face Kaz, who has been shooting up TNA like a bullet…
Steiner - SHUT UP, JEREMY! THE ONLY BULLETTS BEING FIRED AROUND HERE ARE BY ME, INTO (blank) WHO IS KAZ, AND WHO HAS KAZ EVER BEATEN? HE MAY HAVE TAKEN PEOPLE TO THE LIMIT, BUT WHO HAS HE BEATEN!?
JB - He won Terrordome…
Steiner - TERRORDOME!? THAT’S A CIRCUS ACT! ME AND LITTLE PETEY PUMP ARE ALL ABOUT WRESTLING, THIS ISN’T A POPULARITY CONTEST, BUT IF IT WAS ONE, I’D WIN THAT TOO!
Tenay - Kurt, do you have proof that AJ slept with Karen?
Kurt - Mike, shut up! YOU’RE PROBABLY SLEEPING WITH MY WIFE TOO!
Kurt - Karen, YOU’VE CROSSED THE LINE!
Karen - KURT, I HAVEN’T CROSSED THE LINE!
AJ - SCREW YOU, KURT! I’M DONE EXPLAINING MYSELF TO YOU! SCREW YOU! YOU THINK I’VE FORGOTTEN ALL THE BLOODSHED! YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD ME DOWN, BUT I GOT BACK UP! AT SLAMMIVERSARY, YOU WILL NOT GET BACK UP!
Dutt - There’s a guest who couldn’t be here tonight, but he sent this here! COME ON, ODB (ODB brings out a box, then fondles hers, and Dutt opens the wooden box to reveal the snake)JAKE THE SNAKE’S GONNA BE HERE SUNDAY! I CONFIRMED!
(after Nash punches Booker)Tenay - BOY, I THINK THAT NASH HAS ANSWERED ALL OF OUR QUESTIONS WITH THIS!
(after Nash hits Joe with a chair)Tenay - IT HAD TO BE AN ACCIDENT!

Screens -

I'm sure this has been asked before, but can someone tell me why they changed The Rock's appearance in the newest SvR? He was just fine in WMXIX/HCtP, but they gave him hair and removed his tattoo. :(

lmz, they did that because he's a legend character, and they're portraying Rock as he looked in '00/'01, not '03/'04. I'd like to see them have his WM XX look as an alternate attire, but for some reason, they haven't done that.

[quote name='lmz00']I'm sure this has been asked before, but can someone tell me why they changed The Rock's appearance in the newest SvR? He was just fine in WMXIX/HCtP, but they gave him hair and removed his tattoo. :([/QUOTE]

Because after he left, they turned him into classic Rock and added to the legends class.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']They will. Remember Black = Extreme.[/quote]

I refer to WWE's ECW as "Ebonics Championship Wrestling." It seems like every single black guy was sent to their ECW show. Surely, it can't all be a coincidence.

I will be elated to see D'Lo on television again. I liked his spirit, and felt he was never forgiven by WWE for the Droz incident, as afterwards it seemed like they buried him.

[quote name='chasemurata']I refer to WWE's ECW as "Ebonics Championship Wrestling." It seems like every single black guy was sent to their ECW show. Surely, it can't all be a coincidence.

I will be elated to see D'Lo on television again. I liked his spirit, and felt he was never forgiven by WWE for the Droz incident, as afterwards it seemed like they buried him.[/QUOTE]

Oh man... my wife and I thought we were the only ones who noticed 99 % of black talent ends up on ECW. I would expect Cryme Tyme if there was any Tag division to speak of on the show (not that there is in WWE period).

I was going through some junk and found an old VHS tape. I pop it in and it's an episode of Nitro from 11/98. The opening match was Kidman/Juventud for the CW title. It was a great match with Juvi winning the belt. The second hour had Mysterio/Eddie in another great, if somewhat short, match. The third hour had Benoit/Hart in, I believe, their first ever televised match. Heenan had me in stitches. I've been getting bored with wrestling lately and watching these matches definitely won't help end that.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Oh man... my wife and I thought we were the only ones who noticed 99 % of black talent ends up on ECW. I would expect Cryme Tyme if there was any Tag division to speak of on the show (not that there is in WWE period).[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if -- come draft time -- they split up with one, if not both, fellows going to ECW.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Oh man... my wife and I thought we were the only ones who noticed 99 % of black talent ends up on ECW. I would expect Cryme Tyme if there was any Tag division to speak of on the show (not that there is in WWE period).[/quote]

In regards to Cryme Tyme, I expect the big guy to get fired, and the smaller guy to receive a singles push in ECW. They don't really have a place in present WWE, and together, will probably be jobbed out to the upcoming Second Generation Heel team. I'm not a Cryme Tyme fan, but that's what I think is in their future.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Kong-Daffney was a lot of fun, although I've got mixed feelings about them already using ringers after just two weeks. For one thing, it completely kills the idea of this being a "fan vs. Kong" struggle, for another, why should the women have to sacrifice themselves to Kong in order to get a shot at TNA if TNA's knockout division is diverse and, as shown by the Cheerleader Melissa match a few weeks ago, they have an open door policy for it? It was bad enough just having Daffney as a "fan", but three pro wrestlers being "in the crowd" really exposes the gimmick.[/quote]

Well, the average, new pro-wrestling fan probably wouldn't be able to identify Daffney or the others. One has to wonder how they are going to play out this storyline. Surely, any challenger, even a credible one, won't win the belt from Awesome Kong, as, I think, it would make her look a little weak. Well, unless it's Sara Del Rey. As a fan, I would mark out. :oops:

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I wouldn't be surprised if -- come draft time -- they split up with one, if not both, fellows going to ECW.[/quote]

Hehehe... I had a similar thought that I had typed out but not posted (due to CAG COD4 Thursday action). But yes, I agree, Never.

[quote name='chasemurata']
Well, the average, new pro-wrestling fan probably wouldn't be able to identify Daffney or the others.[/QUOTE]

They specifically mentioned that she was a pro wrestler on the broadcast

Sometime yesterday, TNA put a Karen Angle T-Shirt up for sale on the ShopTNA.com website. It's a blue shirt featuring a rather realistic looking "pin-up" drawing of Karen in garter stockings. The shirt also features the following slogan beneath the drawing of Karen: "Great Time Guaranteed..." However, the shirt was pulled sometime today as it's no where to be found on the site.

1zldm6u.png

:drool:

Kurt Angle is one lucky crazy guy. :drool::drool:

Joe Hennig, son of the late "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig, reported to Florida Championship Wrestling this week, reports PWInsider.com.

WWE has the potential to get better. It's a shame they seemingly only trust wrestler kin, but it works for me, if it works out in the end. Using pro-wrestler kin is one way to recapture the glory days. However, I think it would be a bit depressing if other talented people do not get a chance to breakout. But the future possibilities excite me as a fan.

Also, it's a shame TNA couldn't think of anything better than "Slammiversary." It just doesn't quite have a prestigious ring to it. In fact, it sounds a little cheesy, and on par with something like... off the top of my head... perhaps... "Ringdom Come."

I can't remember which pro-wrestling personality said it, but TNA does lack professionalism.

[quote name='jimbodan']They specifically mentioned that she was a pro wrestler on the broadcast[/quote]

That's a bit unfortunate. Now, instead of a somewhat interesting storyline, it will seem like TNA is just jobbing out people to Kong. Eep.

I went to one of Harley Race's Wrestling Promotion shows in Missouri just to see Joe Hennig. He's still really green but i was impressed with what i saw. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of his work in the future.

[quote name='chasemurata']That's a bit unfortunate. Now, instead of a somewhat interesting storyline, it will seem like TNA is just jobbing out people to Kong. Eep.[/quote]

Not only did they mention she was a wreslter, but they name dropped WCW specifically.

[quote name='onetrackmind']I went to one of Harley Race's Wrestling Promotion shows in Missouri just to see Joe Hennig. He's still really green but i was impressed with what i saw. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of his work in the future.[/quote]

Did he have a towel and chewing gum with him?

[quote name='neocisco']I was going through some junk and found an old VHS tape. I pop it in and it's an episode of Nitro from 11/98. The opening match was Kidman/Juventud for the CW title. It was a great match with Juvi winning the belt. The second hour had Mysterio/Eddie in another great, if somewhat short, match. The third hour had Benoit/Hart in, I believe, their first ever televised match. Heenan had me in stitches. I've been getting bored with wrestling lately and watching these matches definitely won't help end that.[/QUOTE]

Did Sting come down from the rafters at the end and beat everyone up with a baseball bat?

I'll answer my own question, probably not. I think that ended by 11/98. Anyhow, you are dead right about Heenan. While going through the first 20 Royal Rumbles, the ones that he helped call had incredible commentary.

I actually noticed a pile of VHS tapes in my basement yesterday. They include the '93 KOTR tournament, the Over the Edge where Owen dies and one mysteriously labelled "Weekly Wrestling" which I think has a Nitro on it from '97 considering that I know I spent that summer watching Raw at night and taping the Nitro replay for the next day. If I get a chance I'm going to have to check it out.

Awesome to see Daffney on TNA, even if she was getting her cute little self stomped by Kong. :(

I wonder what the build up with these squashes is going to be? It seems like they are preparing for a debut of someone that could physically match Kong (ODB is the only one remotley close but even then she is a distant second), but the only woman I can think of that could do that is Chyna. You don't think TNA would go that route do you?

[quote name='Halo05']I'm totally catching the replay on Saturday mostly for Daffney. I was overly drawn to her in WCW.[/quote]

I'm with you on that.

At first I didn't even recognize her. I was so used to seeing her in that heavy makeup on WCW, plus she is thinner now. She still has that junk though. :booty: Yeah. I said it. :lol:

Match list announced for the upcoming Ring Of Honor Koch titles.

Ring of Honor ’’Greatest Rivalries’’

The title is scheduled to be released on July 8th!!!

1. CM Punk vs. Raven (Dog Collar March– Elizabeth, NJ, 7/19/03)
2. Samoa Joe vs. Homicide (ROH World Title Match– Wauwatosa, WI, 7/23/04)
3. AJ Styles with Mick Foley vs. Jimmy Rave (Styles Clash vs. Rave Clash Match– Lake Grove, NY, 9/17/05)
4. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong (ROH World Tag Team Title Match – Liverpool, UK, 8/12/06)
5. BJ Whitmer vs. Jimmy Jacobs (Steel Cage Match– Detroit, MI, 3/31/07)
6. Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries (3rd Match In The Best of Three Series– Philadelphia, PA 11/2/07)
7. Adam Pearce, Ace Steel, Colt Cabana, & BJ Whitmer vs. Claudio Castagnoli, Super Dragon, Necro Butcher, & Spyder Nate Webb (Team ROH vs. Team CZW Anything Goes Match – Dayton, OH, 4/28/06)
8. Roderick Strong vs. Erick Stevens (FIP World Heavyweight Title Match– New York, NY 12/30/07)

Ring of Honor ’’Best In The World’’

This title is scheduled to be released on July 8th!!!

1.Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi- New York, NY 10/01/05
2. AJ Styles & Matt Sydal vs. Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi- Detroit, MI, 3/30/06
3. KENTA vs. Austin Aries– Chicago Ridge, IL, 6/24/06
4. Samoa Joe vs. Kikutaro with Mick Foley– Elizabeth, NJ, 2/19/05
5. Bryan Danielson vs. Lance Storm (ROH World Title Match Chicago Ridge, IL, 4/01/06)
6. CM Punk vs. Terry Funk- Philadelphia, PA, 9/20/03
7. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Naruki Doi & Shingo (ROH World Tag Team Title Match- Liverpool, UK, 3/03/07)
8. Claudio Castagnoli vs. El Generico (Race to the Top Tournament Finals– Edison, NJ, 7/28/07)
9. Takeshi Morishima vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match- Edison, NJ, 4/14/07)

n572722616_898346_9093.jpg

Starman and the PWG mat logo modded into the latest build of Pro Wrestling X. According to the project head in the latest newsletter, this was done by a fan in "under 20 minutes with no prior knowledge of the system." Looks promising.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Did he have a towel and chewing gum with him?[/quote]

Did he throw a 70 yard pass, pause and then run to catch it himself?

Next up Jeff was asked to respond to the criticisms of TNA frequent use of gimmick matched. Jeff responded "It's fun to be an armchair quarterback, it's fun to look back and criticize and that's what makes wrestling fans so passionate…at the end of the day we strive to put out the very best professional wrestling product. Sometimes the criticisms come from people without them knowing the full hand we've been dealt. That's okay with me, as long as you're talking about us, good or bad. It's when you quit talking about a product that you have issues."

Jeff was then asked to address what he thought would improve TNA's pay per view numbers and he highlighted three specific things that he feel are required for strong pay per view numbers. 1) An established brand, 2) marketing power, and 3) something Jeff described as "a publicity stunt or something that catches the main stream appeal"

Really? Pacman & all of the b "celebrities" haven't pushed you past a 1.0 rating or sold tickets.

[quote name='neocisco']Did he throw a 70 yard pass, pause and then run to catch it himself?[/quote]

Sigh. Pro wrestling used to be more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back