VA Tech tragedy. 33 dead. *Shooter sent photos and video to NBC*

Who is the old guy talknig at the press conference? I hope this mother fucker dies a slow painful death. He's up there getting attacked for fucknig up and killing 30 people because the lockdown was a jhoke and he has the fucking nerve to smile. fuck you mister, see you in hell.

And as Penn said on Bullshit "We don't own a gun but we support it for the time we need to overthrow the government".

Plus once again this "person" is obviously insane, if you made guns illegal you think he would attack with a knife? No, he would go find a gang and then buy the guns on the black market.

[quote name='d00k']It's so weird to think that at some point today during our normal routines, 32 people were being shot...

I'm having a hard time grasping the concept.[/quote]

Have you heard of... the Iraq war???

[quote name='javeryh']Even if I had 100 people behind me I'm not going to be the first one to bum rush a guy with loaded guns that he obviously had no reservations about firing. Also, no one was stupid for not trying to be a hero - they were all probably scared shitless. It's not a Die Hard movie.[/quote]

You know I was in class when we heard about this happening... in the front row of a room similiar to the type the poster above you described. Naturally, I imagined myself taking that "heroic" plunge. Obviously I can't say I would do it... since I'll most likely never be in that situation, and if I was, I might think/react differently. That being said, I think I would do it... I love myself and all, but I know that most people have a "Someone-else-will-do-it attitude" and just like in this situation, it just wouldn't get done...

[quote name='dastly75']not to downplay this incident but massacres happen a lot more often than you may think, this one just hits a hell of a lot closer to home[/quote]
Yeah, it does. Like I said, I'm really freaked out by this one because of bomb threats at my school for this week. It's just really scary to think about.

Shit. I don't get CNN.

[quote name='camoor']Have you heard of... the Iraq war???[/quote]
This is a lot different :???:

[quote name='evanft']Um, has it been posted yet that Jack Thompson was already on Fox News blaming this on video games?[/QUOTE]

My wife, a brilliant woman, has pointed out that not only is Thomson generally full of it, but even moreso when he's making these claims and absolutely *NOTHING* has been released identifying *ANYTHING* about the shooter.

[quote name='Chacrana']The count's up to 33 people including the gunman.[/QUOTE]

Who the fuck cares, I wouldn't even call "him" a human.

[quote name='TripleH13']Yeah- and they deserve the attacks and firings. The first shooting happend at 7:15, I left my apartment at 8:30, the second shooting happened at 9:15, and when i checked my e-mail, the first thing from the university was sent at 9:26:03 . . . thats ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they really dropped the ball on this one. From CNN:
Asked why the campus, which has more than 26,000 students, was not shut down after the first shooting, Flinchum responded that police received information that "it was an isolated event to that building and the decision was made not to cancel classes at that time."

Steger added, "We had some reason to believe the shooter had left campus."
This is perhaps even more idiotic than Jack Thompson's interview on Fox News. There's a big ass shooting with people killed, yet they don't shut down campus nor inform people? That's completely fucked up. If they actually DID something in a timely manner perhaps lives could have been saved.

[quote name='mykevermin']My wife, a brilliant woman, has pointed out that not only is Thomson generally full of it, but even moreso when he's making these claims and absolutely *NOTHING* has been released identifying *ANYTHING* about the shooter.[/QUOTE]

Just about to post this. We don't even know his NAME yet, and somehow Thomson knows he TRAINED ON DOOM ! I wish I could pass my Army weapons tests by... TRAINING ON DOOM! Maybe we're discounting Thomson's clairvoyance?

[quote name='PhrostByte']You know I was in class when we heard about this happening... in the front row of a room similiar to the type the poster above you described. Naturally, I imagined myself taking that "heroic" plunge. Obviously I can't say I would do it... since I'll most likely never be in that situation, and if I was, I might think/react differently. That being said, I think I would do it... I love myself and all, but I know that most people have a "Someone-else-will-do-it attitude" and just like in this situation, it just wouldn't get done...[/quote]

You are braver than I am. Actually, I know 100% that wouldn't even think of doing anything heroic because of my daughter - she needs her father. I take care of myself so I can take care of her.

[quote name='javeryh']You are braver than I am. Actually, I know 100% that wouldn't even think of doing anything heroic because of my daughter - she needs her father. I take care of myself so I can take care of her.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think I'd do someting heroic, but I can't claim I would. The problem with thinking like that is assuming you'll be safe if you do nothing. How many of the victims thought "If I just don't do anything I'll be ok" ? You can't count on a cock-crazy fool to be rational.

That being said, again, I can't claim that I wouldn't be surprised/scared enough to do anything.

[quote name='javeryh']You are braver than I am. Actually, I know 100% that wouldn't even think of doing anything heroic because of my daughter - she needs her father. I take care of myself so I can take care of her.[/quote]

I wouldn't blame you. I wouldn't blame anyone but the person that deserves the blame - the shooter. If I had kids, I probably would run like everyone else. But in my current mindset (which I've pretty much always held regarding this issue), if a situation like this arose and I was involved, I would probably get killed trying to save other people...

Reality's Fringe;2840375]Just about to post this. We don't even know his NAME yet said:
Yeah, but what the fuck do you expect from Jack Thompson? I knew he'd be spewing bullshit, but it's really incredible that Fox News fucking had him on just hours after this talking about how it's the fault of videogames when we don't even know who the fuck the shooter was. Really classy reporting there, Faux News. At least CNN and MSNBC will have the class to put this clown on the air AFTER we know who the fuck the shooter was.

If we someday have a shooting spree and determine that the killer played America's Army fanatically, would Jack Thompson's head asplode?

This is just unbelievable. What the fuck is wrong with people these days...

[quote name='Strell']If we someday have a shooting spree and determine that the killer played America's Army fanatically, would Jack Thompson's head asplode?

This is just unbelievable. What the fuck is wrong with people these days...[/QUOTE]
A serious post from Strell? Only when tragedy strikes...

I don't think it's fair to blame the cops for this, after the first shooting they had no way of knowing the guy would go nuts, it's unfair to expect them to be fortune tellers. You don't lockdown a community of 20,000 people when there's one isolated shooting.

Look at the timeline:

7:15 first shooting.

So the guy escapes and goes and hides somewhere. The cops show up, do an investigation and start looking for the guy.

9:15 second shooting.

OK, now they know the guy's going nuts. They assemble the swat teams and start to lock the school down.

9:26 email sent out.

Given the circumstances, eleven minutes from them knowing it was more then a single shooting to thinking about sending out an email is pretty quick if you ask me.

[quote name='Cheese']I don't think it's fair to blame the cops for this, after the first shooting they had no way of knowing the guy would go nuts, it's unfair to expect them to be fortune tellers. You don't lockdown a community of 20,000 people when there's one isolated shooting.

Look at the timeline:

7:15 first shooting.

So the guy escapes and goes and hides somewhere. The cops show up, do an investigation and start looking for the guy.

9:15 second shooting.

OK, now they know the guy's going nuts. They assemble the swat teams and start to lock the school down.

9:26 email sent out.

Given the circumstances, eleven minutes from them knowing it was more then a single shooting to thinking about sending out an email is pretty quick if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Remember: the 7:15 shooter was on the loose. The 9:26 e-mail was a warning, the 9:50 e-mail told us that the university was closed.

[quote name='Cheese'] You don't lockdown a community of 20,000 people when there's one isolated shooting.
[/QUOTE]
When you don't know where the fuck the killer is because he's disappeared, you damn well should have a lockdown if possible, and it is possible on a college campus.

This is asinine considering the incident that happened just a few months ago at VA Tech, when the escaped killer wandered onto campus. You think they would have better measures in place now, but obviously not.

I can see the families of the second round of victims suing the school and police for negligence considering they did basically nothing to warn the community after the first round, and practically allowed the second round of shootings to happen. And I wouldn't be against it.

I just heard the cops had reason to believe it was a domestic situation gone bad and that the shooter had left campus after the first incident. They had no way of knowing that anything else was going to happen. To blame them for things they had no control over is unfair.

[quote name='Cheese']I just heard the cops had reason to believe it was a domestic situation gone bad and that the shooter had left campus after the first incident. They had no way of knowing that anything else was going to happen. To blame them for things they had no control over is unfair.[/quote]

I don't think that's the issue, the issue is that there was no warning about a shooting, there was no lockdown after the first shooting.. there was nothing. It's better to be safe than sorry, and regardless of whether or not they think he left, they should treat the situation as if he's hiding behind the next door.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't think that's the issue, the issue is that there was no warning about a shooting, there was no lockdown after the first shooting.. there was nothing. It's better to be safe than sorry, and regardless of whether or not they think he left, they should treat the situation as if he's hiding behind the next door.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

I just stumbled on this thread while going through my normal CAG forum routine. It's crazy to think all this happened without me even knowing about it.

It's rather ridiculous that Jack Thompson already jumped on this, I think we should all disbatch e-mails to Fox News, stating just how ridiculous it is to have him on there. Perhaps a few calls are in order, as well.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']First thing listed under interests: computer games, console games. Oh boy.[/QUOTE]

Profile pic shows him holding a gun.

Oh boy x2

Edit: Wait. It says he's online now. I thought this guy is dead?

[quote name='Strell']Edit: Wait. It says he's online now. I thought this guy is dead?[/quote]

What a twist.

Guess it's not him.

[quote name='Scorch']What a twist.
[/QUOTE]
MNightShyamalan2.jpg

[quote name='Strell']Profile pic shows him holding a gun.

Oh boy x2

Edit: Wait. It says he's online now. I thought this guy is dead?[/quote]

PC could have been left on. I do that with CAG all the time.

That being said, I think we should wait for something concrete.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't think that's the issue, the issue is that there was no warning about a shooting, there was no lockdown after the first shooting.. there was nothing. It's better to be safe than sorry, and regardless of whether or not they think he left, they should treat the situation as if he's hiding behind the next door.[/QUOTE]

It's very often not better to be safe then sorry. You can't treat everything as a worst case situation. We live in a society where violent crime happens all the time, to put 19,998 other people under lock down over a domestic argument gone awry is overkill, and if they had done it people would be up in arms for making them miss class. I'd venture a guess that 99.999999 times out of 100 a domestic violence shooter will try to get rid of the gun and hide. You can't treat all of them based on the .000001% chance the guy's going to go apeshit. That's just not the way the world works, you don't shut down a small city and call the swat team for a guy killing his girlfriend.

Look, it's early and people are looking all over for things to blame; cops, video games, etc. when they should be putting the blame on the shooter.

Dunno how much I agree with Cheese, but I have to admit - the situation he's describing is the same bullshit that happened in Boston a few months ago with the ATHF Mooninite signs.

And we all agreed that was some seriously stupid bullshit.

There are what 25,000 members here, 25,000 times 30 people is 750,000. Wow! The video games must be killing millions a year!!! :roll:

[quote name='Cheese']if they had done it people would be up in arms for making them miss class.[/QUOTE]
Clearly you don't understand the psyche of every college student in America.

[quote name='PhrostByte']http://vt.facebook.com/photos.php?&id=6202368&l=d1b29&s=0

posted on my IRC channel.[/QUOTE]
My god... and he likes Fallout Boy too. Hopefully that'll get rid of those losers for good. It's time to blame something other than videogames. ;)

Absolutely WRONG! Are you even listening to the news?

The building where the first shooting took place was immediately locked down, and they were looking for the suspect.

It doesn't matter because even if you had started a complete school evacuation the guy would have still gotten to and killed a bunch of people before all the students were off the campus (if that is even possible).

Maybe they should have done some stuff better, but you are effectively asking a handful of people to notify thousands and thousands of randomly scattered students and get them to safety in what... an hour? Ridiculous. It took them an hour just to figure out what the hell was going on.

Instead of immediately looking to blame and sue someone, yes the lawsuits are already being worked on, we should stop to think that maybe you can't ever secure any school from every possible incident of violence unless you plan on turning it into a jail and giving everyone body armor.

[quote name='Scrubking']
Instead of immediately looking to blame and sue someone, yes the lawsuits are already being worked on, we should stop to think that maybe you can't ever secure any school from every possible incident of violence unless you plan on turning it into a jail and giving everyone body armor.[/QUOTE]
I know that. But I still think it was handled pretty poorly.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']PC could have been left on. I do that with CAG all the time.

That being said, I think we should wait for something concrete.[/quote]

He wrote about the shootings in his Xanga journal.. I think that's proof that it's not him.

http://www.xanga.com/hkleo_da

[quote name='ahmedmalik']For some reason, I'm just desensitized to this entire thing. Probably because it's happened so often over the past ten years, that even with all the media news blasts, it's just something that's expected to happen every now and then. It's like an earthquake or tornado. It's tragic, yeah, but it happens. I feel sorry for all the families of the victims and I hope that something like this doesn't happen again, but I inately know that will.

For everyone that is going to be offended by my comments, I'd like to apologize ahead of time. I have a deeply fatalistic philosophy when it comes to tragedies like this which is tantamount to 'shit happens - now how are you going to handle it?'[/quote]

I agree, this, sadly, does happen. There are much wore things that could have been. I do feel badly for anyone affected by this, but it is unavoidable, there will always be a 'nutjob' and we are going to face these things nonstop. This is bad, but not a tragedy, look at this world, 33 people is, frankly, an inconsequential number of people to be killed, when how many die each day unnoticed?

[But again, my heart goes out to anyone affected by this.]

Crap! He lists console games in his favorite things...and he likes Smash Bros! Great, here comes Jack Thompson telling us how Mario vs. Pikachu is horrific.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']According to some girl on CNN, the shooter was Asian.[/quote]
well yeah.

[quote name='King of the multi-posts'] Holy shit. Not to make light of the situation, but I think you may have found the winner.[/quote]
I think every picture of an asian with a gun is being scrutinized right now.

//edit: And yet again, I debunk another gun-toting Asian out of VA.

http://wanusmaximus.livejournal.com/

He's commented on the shooting, so he's not the killer.

[quote name='Scorch']I think every picture of an asian with a gun is being scrutinized right now.[/QUOTE]

Well, in VA atleast. I wonder how many new pages will be added to MyDeathSpace.com in the next few days :cry:

[quote name='Scrubking']Words[/QUOTE]

The one thing you're missing is that the school went off of lockdown for a brief period of time. The second lock down occured after the second round of shootings started.

As a VA Tech grad (1998) I am still in utter shock of what happened today. I had many classes in Norris Hall and remember the building layout well. I can't imagine the horrible crime scene that is now there. I lived in the dorm across from West AJ and remember the fantastic dorm parties we use to have there. I can't believe of all places for this to happen it was at my school.

bread's done
Back