When's the last time you turned it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got my sands of time, its the best platformer i have played ever since SMG....

Its one of the best games i've played... But that girl doesn't do anything!!! the worst part is the camera. Maybe im just used to the Miyamoto way(where a button focuses the camera)! The game is pretty short too. I just played 6hrs today, and it's already 20%

I play my Wii every weekend I'm home, although I'm inclined to believe my Xbox 360 gets more play hours. The DS is with me at school, so it probably gets more hours then either console.

I don't know why the Wii doesn't get so much play time. I think there's many good games, although my 360 library is almost twice the size of my Wii library.

I do also play a lot of Virtual Console games. The memory is full. I have about two pages full of games. I copy the save of games I completed to my SD card and download a new batch of games that I want. It helps I missed out on much of the N64 generation and to a certain extent the Genesis generation (did not get much love when I was younger). My Wii is also the only way I play my GameCube games, and I've got plenty of backlog for that console, too, and I'm still adding games to my GameCube library.

As far as actual Wii games go, I've beaten a lot of games, just not to 100% completion. Zelda I beat in like 20 hours during last Christmas, but don't have all of the hearts and bugs. Wario Ware could use a few more mini games unlocked. Excite Truck I unlocked Super Excite Mode and stopped. Super Mario Galaxy, I was at like 90 stars. I don't have all of the extras unlocked in Battalion Wars. In Super Mario Strikers Charged I'm missing Petey and some of the cheats. Super Paper Mario has logged a good 25-30 hours, but I lack cards and apparently some optional Pixls (checking GameFAQs). Oh yeah, and I finally finished Link's Crossbow Training (mostly bronze and silver medals). Dewy's Adventure, Elebits, Metroid Prime, and Zack & Wiki are my only remaining unbeaten Wii games.

The other issue with the Wii is ports. Not only is the quality usually worse, most of them, it's just better getting the Xbox or PS3 version (depending on your console). I'd probably have a larger library of games if 3rd party games were actually worth getting. I have heard good things about Prince of Persia, The Godfather, Scarface, etc., but so far, at best, they've been only rental-worthy or I'm having trouble with the thought of paying $50 (or $30 in the older games) again when I could play the superior Xbox/PS3 version. It's unfortunate, but I don't think the Wii remote is enough to make me pick a Wii version of a game. It seems like graphics and other features are beating gameplay. Granted I still have a list of games I want such as No More Heroes, Resident Evil 4, Geometry Wars, etc.

[quote name='blackbird3216']The game is pretty short too. I just played 6hrs today, and it's already 20%[/quote]

You think 30 hours is short? Ideally, that's like two or two and a half games for me. 12-15 hours is the sweet spot, I think. Sands of Time is one of the all-time great platformers though and I could see how you'd want more - it's one of the only games from last generation that I played all the way through twice!

Oh, I haven't turned my Wii on in weeks. I still have to finish SMG (I'm at like 80 something stars and I already beat Bowser) but after that I can't think of a single game I'm looking forward to. It might be months and months before I turn it on again.

[quote name='The Crotch']PoP is far shorter than 30 hours. It's more like 10+ or something.[/quote]

yeah, I was just extrapolating on his 20% finished = 6 hours of gameplay... I think I was in the 12 hour range when I finished it.

[quote name='javeryh']yeah, I was just extrapolating on his 20% finished = 6 hours of gameplay... I think I was in the 12 hour range when I finished it.[/QUOTE]
that's cause i like to take my games slow.

I take my games very slow, but there's no way in hell that game comes even close to 30 hours. And that's with me leaving it on in the background while I'm out doing shit.

im gonna have to say 2 weeks? The only thing that gets me to turn it on is that annoying ass blue light that goes of at 3 in the morning

Last time I turned my Wii on was about 3 weeks ago. Once Brawl comes out it'll be getting around 2-5 hours a day. xD

Yesterday, play no more heroes for a couple of hours. I now know what it means to be a fighter in a world gone made. The only thing I need is the love of my cat and beam sword. I aint' out to save the world. No I am to be the number one ass kicker in the world.

Its been like 6 months already i rented mario galaxy and the game got boring fast, the toy have just been sitting there collecting dust since i bought really a complete waste of time and money i wouldnt recomend it not even to my worst enemies.

Played nothing for the last six months, but now its wii>ps3 for geometry wars galaxies every day. There are tons of games for both that I have want to play though.

Haven't turned it on for quite a while. Hell, it hasn't even been plugged in for a few months.

I'm seriously considering starting Super Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes again, though. And I can tell you right now, I will likely be getting Mad World on day one.

It's been on every day for the past two weeks. Working through some old games, just started Okami a few days ago, and picked up a couple new WiiWare games. And I use the Wii to check out what's going on in the world.

I turned mine on most recently about three days ago, to redeem a couple Wii Points cards and download World of Goo.

Make no mistake, I don't ever let it 'collect dust' for weeks on end, but it just doesn't get one-tenth of the attention that my 360 does. Hell, I've been playing my PSP considerably more in recent weeks.

If you couldn't tell, this is a pretty old thread.

Lately, it's been receiving a decent amount of attention. Picked up another Perfect Shot and been playing HotD dual-style. Got a few NES games off the Shop Channel, and been dabbling with Wii Fit. Hoping to dive into some of my backlog (Galaxy, Zack & Wiki, NMH, etc) in the next few months. Provided, of course, that LBP and Gears 2 doesn't take all my time up.

I been playing it regularly since Christmas Eve since I got Wario Land, and Startropics II, but before that, uh... last played would probably be when Strong Bad EP2 came out and that was until I got stuck in it.

It was on about 3 hours ago, but I had to take a break since Okami is consuming my life.

Also, I just beat No More Heroes, so Wii has been getting plenty of action.

Can't wait for MadWorld, HOtD Overkill and Punchout

Today mainly because my wife got Cooking Mama World Kitchen and Wii Fit so she's been trying them out. I used the Wii quite a bit when I was working on SMG. I will usually fire it up once or twice a week for a quick game of Wii sports.

That reminds me, I need to get SMG back from my friend so I can complete my Luigi run...

It's on every day for play. Someone's always playing a game on the Wii at my house. And we've had it for nearly 2 years now.

I turned my Wii on like a week or two ago. I really have lost interest in it, due to me getting games for the 360 for Christmas.

I never like threads like this because all they do is pull out post like sold it, collects dust, red ringed or only use it for bluray movies.

Been using mine regularly since I've got Okami and Secret of Mana. Of course there are the regular Smash binges that I go trough every other month with the other Smash Cags. I guess thats why I haven't finished Zak and Wiki, Bully or Mario Kart yet along with a lot of the old school NES games like Ninja Gaiden 1-3, Mario the Lost Levels (but the way those games get me frustrated I don't think I'll ever finish them :lol:). All of then I either got for $20 or free thanks to CAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back