Where Is _____ Hip-Hop Thread

[quote name='JEKKI']is the mixtape out now or is it Dec 4??? get hype for that!!

I gotta add these zeebra traffic cats to my save for later list too.

and that track Gray off the One Be Lo link is straight :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

WHEN is it coming out?!?!?! I need that shyt!!!

I need that eMC shyt too...

edit: fuck man... I need to listen to that song, Gray, again.

it's so beautiful!!!

best song I heard since Royce da 5'9 and Naledge on the 9th Wonder album[/QUOTE]

I know, man, I know. I cannot wait for his One Be Lo's new album. Dude never disappoints.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Has anyone else checked out Uncut Raw's debut album First Toke? Worth to check it out if you dug the Madvilliany project[/QUOTE]

That's what I've heard others say about First Toke. Might have to cop it.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']That's what I've heard other says about First Toke. Might have to cop it.[/quote]

Its definitly worth picking up

[quote name='fart_bubble']Its definitly worth picking up[/QUOTE]

I'll check out their MySpace later tonight or tomorrow and I'll grab it next week if I dig it.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']:drool:

http://www.myspace.com/onebelo

New One Be Lo tracks.[/quote]
Ooooo, that track Gray ends with an audio clip from A Bronx Tale :eek:
That's a slick beat though, I could bump that forever. That's the kind of shit I love man.

Btw, does anyone know what movie (?) that audio clip is from in the intro of the War track? I can't put my finger on it....

I'll be lookin' for this one to drop, how are his other albums?

[quote name='JEKKI']is the mixtape out now or is it Dec 4??? get hype for that!!

I gotta add these zeebra traffic cats to my save for later list too.

and that track Gray off the One Be Lo link is straight :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

WHEN is it coming out?!?!?! I need that shyt!!!

I need that eMC shyt too...

edit: fuck man... I need to listen to that song, Gray, again.

it's so beautiful!!!

best song I heard since Royce da 5'9 and Naledge on the 9th Wonder album[/QUOTE]

The 8 Diagrams mixtape came out a couple days ago, the full album just came was pushed back to Dec.11th.

Here is the link to get the mix tape.
http://www.wutang-corp.com/news/article.php?id=776

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ooooo, that track Gray ends with an audio clip from A Bronx Tale :eek:
That's a slick beat though, I could bump that forever. That's the kind of shit I love man.

Btw, does anyone know what movie (?) that audio clip is from in the intro of the War track? I can't put my finger on it....

I'll be lookin' for this one to drop, how are his other albums?[/QUOTE]

Well, his work with Senim Silla under Binary Star, Masters of the Universe, is fucking amazing. His official solo album, s.o.n.o.g.r.a.m. is hot shit, too.

I just want the new album and another release by Binary Star.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Well, his work with Senim Silla under Binary Star, Masters of the Universe, is fucking amazing. His official solo album, s.o.n.o.g.r.a.m. is hot shit, too.

I just want the new album and another release by Binary Star.

what?!?! the mixtape is FREE?!?!

thanks so much!!

I've also heard about that Ristorante album... didnt kno it was a mixtape.

I never formally listened to Nujabes, apparently I'm missing out on sum beautiful music so I hear...

[quote name='JEKKI']
I never formally listened to Nujabes, apparently I'm missing out on sum beautiful music so I hear...[/quote]

yes you are missing out. Have you checked out any other japanese DJs? I count my lucky stars for the cats from Japan, they are sadly the ones that are keeping jazzy-hop alive.

Any other fans of Silent Knight?

man I love Psyche Origami's Is Ellipsis album. Still think Nuff Teef is one of the best beats and THE best sample used this decade.

Any other fans of Moodruff? If so, what do you think of member Grand Analog's solo album Calligraffiti? I really dig it

Also, has anyone checked out Mavrik's album About Face. Not bad though the song with the chode Mister F.A.B. has to be one of the worst songs I have ever heard

or is this more stuff you guys have never heard of?

l_1ae62510f7f95297d2c596051f03d52a.jpg

Official album art for The Cool. I can't fucking wait. Food & Liquor was amazing.

Holy crap there is alot of stuff to cover so let's get into...

[quote name='fart_bubble']Of Gods And Girls got a release here in the states and its not hard to find if you still buy physical copies (though I download a lot of music, nothing beats something you can hold in your hands)
Yeah, I'm really digging Lady Tigra's solo album (kind of wish it didn't take 16 years for her to do one). Like I said, its a bit of a stretch to classify it as a hip hop album as its bit more skewered with pop. Wish I've been able to find the thing to buy it, but sadly no luck.

The Salim and Pugs albums are so ing dope, this to me has been a really great year for hip hop

Didn't know about Dirty Diggers doing a podcast but that is for sure downloaded.

Didn't know Up Hygh was on eMusic.....think I might have to re-sign up for the service.

Yeah, Life is a member of Phil Life Cypher (who if you've never heard of, you really need to as they are a great group) and its first solo album. I've got a rip of it and yeah, its worthy of a buy (which I still need to do).

Hell, Tru Thoughts (the non hip hop part of the label) and Zebra Traffic (the hip hop part of the label) has been releasing some huge ing albums for the last few years.

Any other fans of Supersci?

also, has anyone else checked out Lilea Narrative's Nouvelle Chair album? Shit is impossible to find anyone else who knows of this album which is a ing shame if you dig stuff like DJ Vadim's early work (ie brokenbeat/abstract hip hop). Its a great album.

Same with Nicknack's Improving Silence album, shit is sick but except for one person, I can't find anyone else who even knows about the album.

okay, one more thing before I leave this post to rest:

Has anyone picked up Bee Why's Lost Tapes? Why I didn't buy it the few times I had a chance, no ing clue but man, I can't find a place to get it to save my life. I'ev got a few vinyl releases of him but I want more....I want more early Ayatollah goodness

edit: I lied, one more thing to bring up:

Has anyone else checked out HiCoup's new album Domestic Violence?[/quote]
Remember I still buy vinyl so of course I love the CD for liner notes, artwork, producers and etc.

Phil Life Cypher and Supersci were on emusic and after a listen of the samples I added them to my Save for Later.

Lilea Narrative's myspace had some dope songs and here's a video:
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=uMh8QFHmkPI[/media]
I saw Bee Why's Lost Tapes on UGGH.com when it came out and wanted to get it but it kept getting bumped for other releases and now it's sold out there.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']

http://www.myspace.com/onebelo

New One Be Lo tracks.[/quote]
Every track he releases sound tight to me and I can't wait for the new record.

[quote name='JEKKI']I need that eMC shyt too...[/quote] They have been quiet about it lately and I hope that means they are in the studio recording the album.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Has anyone else checked out Uncut Raw's debut album First Toke? Worth to check it out if you dug the Madvilliany project[/quote]
That one is a definite banger and will pick it when got the cash and here is their myspace for anyone else that wants to check it out: http://www.myspace.com/uncutraw42

[quote name='fart_bubble']Any one else pick up Lodek's Behold ep?[/quote]
The first time I heard LoDeck it was on Embedded Studios Presents: The Bedford Files with the song Today and I still one of my favorite joints. I just have never bought any of his albums because I always want to buy so much music. Here is his personal store to buy some of his rare and exclusive music:
http://www.lodeck.com/store.html .

But the one I really want is: "derived from Empty Bottles"
hosted and mixed by Dub-L

If you don't know who Dub-L do yourself a favor and listen to his solo album "dub-L's in town". It is one of the funniest or crazy albums I have heard in a long time with the sickest beats.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Chill, I'll be checking those out

On another note, Nujabes two albums - Modal Soul and Metaphorical Music are getting constant replay for me, as well as his Ristorante Mixtape and HYDEOUT productions.

Btw, does this sound familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd5nos1R9GI[/quote]

Is there anywhere to pick up those albums online for a reasonable price that you know or a legal download site without DRM?

[quote name='fart_bubble']Any other fans of Silent Knight?

man I love Psyche Origami's Is Ellipsis album. Still think Nuff Teef is one of the best beats and THE best sample used this decade.

Any other fans of Moodruff? If so, what do you think of member Grand Analog's solo album Calligraffiti? I really dig it

Also, has anyone checked out Mavrik's album About Face. Not bad though the song with the chode Mister F.A.B. has to be one of the worst songs I have ever heard

or is this more stuff you guys have never heard of?[/quote]

Silent Knight is alright but I like his labelmate Kaze better because Kaze's Spirit Of '94 : Version 9.0 is a classic in my eyes with 9th Wonder on the beats.

Psyche Origami's Ellipsis and Mavrik's About Face were both added to my Save for Later after hearing the samples. Mavrik's song Surrender has Gift of Gab comes through and puts it down.

Grand Analog's solo album Calligraffiti did not really keep my attention so I have to pass on that one. I think it was his flow or the beats or maybe both.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']

Official album art for The Cool. I can't ing wait. Food & Liquor was amazing.[/quote]

With the songs I heard off of The Cool I think this album will be better than Food & Liquor but we will have to wait and see.

[quote name='headpiece747']Holy crap there is alot of stuff to cover so let's get into...

Remember I still buy vinyl so of course I love the CD for liner notes, artwork, producers and etc.

Phil Life Cypher and Supersci were on emusic and after a listen of the samples I added them to my Save for Later.

Lilea Narrative's myspace had some dope songs and here's a video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uMh8QFHmkPI

I saw Bee Why's Lost Tapes on UGGH.com when it came out and wanted to get it but it kept getting bumped for other releases and now it's sold out there.

Every track he releases sound tight to me and I can't wait for the new record.

They have been quiet about it lately and I hope that means they are in the studio recording the album.

That one is a definite banger and will pick it when got the cash and here is their myspace for anyone else that wants to check it out: http://www.myspace.com/uncutraw42

The first time I heard LoDeck it was on Embedded Studios Presents: The Bedford Files with the song Today and I still one of my favorite joints. I just have never bought any of his albums because I always want to buy so much music. Here is his personal store to buy some of his rare and exclusive music:
http://www.lodeck.com/store.html .

But the one I really want is: "derived from Empty Bottles"
hosted and mixed by Dub-L

If you don't know who Dub-L do yourself a favor and listen to his solo album "dub-L's in town". It is one of the funniest or crazy albums I have heard in a long time with the sickest beats.

Is there anywhere to pick up those albums online for a reasonable price that you know or a legal download site without DRM?

Silent Knight is alright but I like his labelmate Kaze better because Kaze's Spirit Of '94 : Version 9.0 is a classic in my eyes with 9th Wonder on the beats.

Psyche Origami's Ellipsis and Mavrik's About Face were both added to my Save for Later after hearing the samples. Mavrik's song Surrender has Gift of Gab comes through and puts it down.

Grand Analog's solo album Calligraffiti did not really keep my attention so I have to pass on that one. I think it was his flow or the beats or maybe both.

With the songs I heard off of The Cool I think this album will be better than Food & Liquor but we will have to wait and see.[/quote]

Sadly its starting to become a dying breed for people to physical copies.

Just keep in mind that Supersci full name is Superscientifiku. Also don't forget their new EP Mosiac Tiles under the name Flyphonic. It falls into more R&B but wow, shit is sick. If you happen to dig them, make sure you check out Sinious Productions and to a lesser degree Pseudo Slang (which is an outstanding group but the similarities are farther apart)

Wow, I didn't know there was a video from him and boy is it a dozy. And then of course, if you dig him, that opens a whole nother door for people to check out (Wax Tailor is the fucking shit)

HA! You are in the same boat as me with Bee Why's Lost Tapes. I knew I should have bought it when it came out, his four 12" always get pulled out atleast once a month and given a spin.

I've got a copy of that Dub-L's In Town album and though it probably doesn't get as much love as it should be from me, I do pull it out every few months and give it a spin.

As for any of the Japanese DJs, you can hope they pop up on www.cduniverse.com or you just have to suck it up and import them for physical copies (which is what I do. Jazzy Sport is really cool dealing with, they hook me up with discounts from buying so much from them and they almost always throw in free shit)

I like Kaze as well but the dude just doesn't release enough stuff to keep my attention.

Is Ellipsis is the best jump in point for people who haven't heard of them but don't forget their other releases.

I'm a dig fan of Moodruff and Grand Analog is probably my favorite of the group so I had no problem having it hold my attention.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Sadly its starting to become a dying breed for people to physical copies.

Just keep in mind that Supersci full name is Superscientifiku. Also don't forget their new EP Mosiac Tiles under the name Flyphonic. It falls into more R&B but wow, shit is sick. If you happen to dig them, make sure you check out Sinious Productions and to a lesser degree Pseudo Slang (which is an outstanding group but the similarities are farther apart)

Wow, I didn't know there was a video from him and boy is it a dozy. And then of course, if you dig him, that opens a whole nother door for people to check out (Wax Tailor is the fucking shit)

HA! You are in the same boat as me with Bee Why's Lost Tapes. I knew I should have bought it when it came out, his four 12" always get pulled out atleast once a month and given a spin.

I've got a copy of that Dub-L's In Town album and though it probably doesn't get as much love as it should be from me, I do pull it out every few months and give it a spin.

As for any of the Japanese DJs, you can hope they pop up on www.cduniverse.com or you just have to suck it up and import them for physical copies (which is what I do. Jazzy Sport is really cool dealing with, they hook me up with discounts from buying so much from them and they almost always throw in free shit)

I like Kaze as well but the dude just doesn't release enough stuff to keep my attention.

Is Ellipsis is the best jump in point for people who haven't heard of them but don't forget their other releases.

I'm a dig fan of Moodruff and Grand Analog is probably my favorite of the group so I had no problem having it hold my attention.[/quote]
Thanks to FB, woohoo and jekki and anyone else that suggested good music I now have 200 albums in my 2 seperate Save for Later lists.

I found the Flyphonic and Sinnous albums and put both of them in the list. I checked out Pseudo Slang on their myspace and they have dope music so another one to add to my memory of albums.

I will check out cduniverse but I have order products from overseas and I just hate the waiting time.

[quote name='headpiece747']Thanks to FB, woohoo and jekki and anyone else that suggested good music I now have 200 albums in my 2 seperate Save for Later lists.

I found the Flyphonic and Sinnous albums and put both of them in the list. I checked out Pseudo Slang on their myspace and they have dope music so another one to add to my memory of albums.

I will check out cduniverse but I have order products from overseas and I just hate the waiting time.
[/quote]

No problem, one thing I've always strived for is turning people onto new music (even if I do get some scorn from some crate diggers). Plus I listen to some stuff that is so unknown that it is almost impossible to find others to talk about it to (which is one thing that I flatout loved about OiNK)

As for importing, can't really do anything about that though CDUniverse is speedy as I think their main wharehouse is in the US. I always have two boxes coming to me every week so it has become like christmas in opening them up seeing which order I got.

[quote name='fart_bubble']kick ass, first time I've heard of a release date on Cy Young's first album under Rawkus. Supposed to be out on the 27th[/quote]

Cy has a nice flow but the reason for his name is just plain funny:
Why would a 6'7"emcee that used to play professional basketball choose to take his stage name from a baseball player? Ask Cy Young. "The Cy Young winner can't just throw fastballs exclusively," he explains, referring to Major League Baseball's pitching award. "He has to be able to throw change-ups and curveballs; he has to be versatile...part of what makes him the best is his ability to do different things on the mound, and that kind of versatility is what I'm all about."

Here is a video for Cy Young:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTcv1Czg9P8[/MEDIA]

Low budget!!

anyway.. whoooo~!!! this NYGz shyt is HOT!!!

Ya Days R#'D (produced by DJ Premier):

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H7HtOlI-C4[/media]

of course, I gotta bias towards NY street shyt =P

[quote name='fart_bubble']The latest album I've been getting into is Specifics' new one, II. Thank god for DJ Tonk for promoting them.

www.myspace.com/specifics[/quote]

Whoa, nice pick and just had to make another Save for Later list for that one on emusic. Have to pickup that vinyl for the song, "Hands Clap".

Also check this out pretty funny:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Y7upg1oEI[/MEDIA]

[quote name='ph33r m3']Blue Scholars "No Rest for the Weary"

Seattle's finest.period.[/quote]

they go over the same material ad nasuem making them boring and as for the best of Seatle, I would give the nod to Abyssinian Creole

also, if you've heard it, what do you think of The Upstarts' first full length album The Know How? IMO, pretty interesting though they stiil need a bit more time to get their style down pat.

and does anyone else remember Siah & Yeshua daPoED? Found some of my vinyl in my closet and their first ep was in it. I wonder what ever happened to them?

wow, a friend of mine hooked me up with an album a couple of hours ago and on first listen, holy shit is it fucking dope.

Can't find any info online on it to save my life but it is tagged as The Protections and the album is titled Protect The Future. No fucking clue if that is correct but I MUST OWN IT

[quote name='fart_bubble']man I forgot how much ass Fine Artz's album. Persuit Of Perfection kicks. I hope they release another album soon.[/quote]
Couldn't find much on Fine Artz all I know they are from Japan and I would have to import the album. No go before a listen.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Blue Scholars "No Rest for the Weary"

Seattle's finest.period.[/quote]
Blue Scholar definitely are a fine group from Seattle but as FB pointed not the only ones.

[quote name='fart_bubble']they go over the same material ad nasuem making them boring and as for the best of Seatle, I would give the nod to Abyssinian Creole

also, if you've heard it, what do you think of The Upstarts' first full length album The Know How? IMO, pretty interesting though they stiil need a bit more time to get their style down pat.

and does anyone else remember Siah & Yeshua daPoED? Found some of my vinyl in my closet and their first ep was in it. I wonder what ever happened to them?[/quote]
Holy damn that Upstart album is a pure fire I have to get that soon.

Siah fell off the face of the earth but Yesh is still doing music and had a solo joint called "Into Fresh Things". Here is free and legal download of Yesh's "The day dreamer demos". It is in .rar format so get winrar (shareware) or 7zip (freeware) to extract if you don't have it.

quote=fart_bubble;3604356]wow, a friend of mine hooked me up with an album a couple of hours ago and on first listen, holy shit is it ing dope.

Can't find any info online on it to save my life but it is tagged as The Protections and the album is titled Protect The Future. No ing clue if that is correct but I MUST OWN IT[/quote]

All I could find are some downloads of the album but no info either.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']http://youtube.com/watch?v=tGoNfgXxD2g I loved this in '99.[/quote]

I still kick myself to this day that I don't have that album in my collection and I keep saying I will someday.

[quote name='headpiece747']
I still kick myself to this day that I don't have that album in my collection and I keep saying I will someday.[/quote]

I think that was the last cassette I ever purchased. I only had a tape player in my car at the time and I would always play that when I drove up to Radford to see my girlfeind at the time.

Here's a new mix I put up on my site:

[media]http://www.eclipticsight.com/podpress_trac/web/374/0/esp_edition9.mp3[/media]
Ecliptic Sight Podcast: One Dollar Edition is a mix by intercontinental DJ headpiece747 with albums that he acquired from the pass HipHopSite.com $1 dollar sale. This is something of a first for DJ headpiece747 because he not only gives us a tracklist, this mix has vocals on every song and he did it all sober?! Is this a new frightful beginning for him or will he continue to deliver the drunk instrumental sets we have all come to love? I guess we will have to wait and see.

there's an Art of Storytellin part 3?!?!?! where at???

anyway Happy Thanksgiving!!

I give thanks to the human ability to work hard and persevere thru tough shyt!! without it I would lose all purpose in life.

embodied in song form, you get one of the most beautiful hip-hop songs I have ever heard before:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xccwJ5FIFBU[/media]

[quote name='JEKKI']there's an Art of Storytellin part 3?!?!?! where at???[/quote]

Yeah, I was confused about that, too. I looked it up and as far as I can tell there's no official Part 3! If there was some throwaway track on a mixtape, I don't know about it. Seems like people are guessing that the Slick Rick remix counts as one, but that'd be real dumb.

Wildchild's new one, Jack Of All Trades, leaked Wedsday and it is fucking dope as all hell. I've only gotten about 10 listens in so far and the standouts on a kick ass album is Fresh Air (song about reminising about oldschool hip hop) and both versions of The League (a song that I would give my left nut if it would mean it became an actual project. It has Wildchild, Mc Lyte, Masta Ace, Percee P and Special fucking Ed and the Kev Brown remix is fucking tits). The production is top notch all around with some of Madlib, Kev Brown, Oh No and Black Milk's best beats to date. And ever since I heard who was behind the boards, I was a bit worried about Georgia Anne Muldrow (as I think this is her first time doing production duties) but she knocks the two tracks out of the fucking park.

And though I need some more listens to digest it, it is defenitly a strong contender for album of the year. Can't wait for my copy to come in next Tuesday.

edit: forgot to also mention that they are releasing it the way that I wish all hip hop albums would be released from now on, with the instrumental version pf the album packed in

[quote name='fart_bubble']Wildchild's new one, Jack Of All Trades, leaked Wedsday and it is fucking dope as all hell. I've only gotten about 10 listens in so far and the standouts on a kick ass album is Fresh Air (song about reminising about oldschool hip hop) and both versions of The League (a song that I would give my left nut if it would mean it became an actual project. It has Wildchild, Mc Lyte, Masta Ace, Percee P and Special fucking Ed and the Kev Brown remix is fucking tits). The production is top notch all around with some of Madlib, Kev Brown, Oh No and Black Milk's best beats to date. And ever since I heard who was behind the boards, I was a bit worried about Georgia Anne Muldrow (as I think this is her first time doing production duties) but she knocks the two tracks out of the fucking park.

And though I need some more listens to digest it, it is defenitly a strong contender for album of the year. Can't wait for my copy to come in next Tuesday.

edit: forgot to also mention that they are releasing it the way that I wish all hip hop albums would be released from now on, with the instrumental version pf the album packed in[/quote]

That is good to know that Wildchild put out another banger but I am not surprised. What I am surprised about is the included instrumentals so I will try to find this at a local store or have to buy it online.

[quote name='headpiece747']That is good to know that Wildchild put out another banger but I am not surprised. What I am surprised about is the included instrumentals so I will try to find this at a local store or have to buy it online.[/quote]

Now Secondary Protocol and his Jackal EP was pretty good but I can't say that I was expecting something of this quality

pretty cool video

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJeCIGStGaA
[/media]

I donno who Wildchild is... or maybe I do but jus dont kno it...

but Masta Ace and Special fucking Ed are pretty much magic words that would make me blindly check it out!

sux tho... my cassette player in my car broke 2 weeks ago so I cant play my discman in my car...

I havent listened to CDs in so long, thus I had no incentive to buy them!!

I need to buy a real cd player for me car soon... or an FM transmitter for mp3 players

[quote name='JEKKI']I donno who Wildchild is... or maybe I do but jus dont kno it...

but Masta Ace and Special fucking Ed are pretty much magic words that would make me blindly check it out!

sux tho... my cassette player in my car broke 2 weeks ago so I cant play my discman in my car...

I havent listened to CDs in so long, thus I had no incentive to buy them!!

I need to buy a real cd player for me car soon... or an FM transmitter for mp3 players[/quote]

Wildchild was a member of the Lootpack. His first solo album Secondary Protocol was good and his vinyl releases were good but this is the album that he really elevates himself

Madlib is Lootpack too right??

I remember their album got like 2 mics in The Source and all backpackers/underground heads were in a FIT!!

I never heard their album tho... underground / independent shyt was making a come up at the time and I was jus stuck on things like Hiero, Dilated Peoples, Project Blowed etc.

anyway check this out:

http://therapup.rawkus.com/2007/11/for-jim-jones-inspiration-arrives-in-a-movie.html

NEW YORK, Nov. 21 — Jim Jones, the rap superstar and co-CEO of Diplomat Records, has quietly returned to the studio to record an album of new songs inspired by the forthcoming movie “Alvin and The Chipmunks,” his first “concept” album and second CD in less than a year.

LOL~!! Alvin Simon Theodore BALLIN~!!!

[quote name='JEKKI']
NEW YORK, Nov. 21 — Jim Jones, the rap superstar and co-CEO of Diplomat Records, has quietly returned to the studio to record an album of new songs inspired by the forthcoming movie “Alvin and The Chipmunks,” his first “concept” album and second CD in less than a year.

LOL~!! Alvin Simon Theodore BALLIN~!!![/QUOTE]

:rofl:

BAAAAALLLLINNNNN

fuck mang... I rolled to the arcade and they were having FOUR tournaments!!

Melty Blood, MVC2, 3S 2-man teams, and Accent Core...

Accent Core was all improvised tho and I got there late!! they decided to last minute make it a team tourney and they were already writing up the brackets when I spoke to the dood...

so... no fighting game for me tonite... instead I'll post all the Balrog raps for you!!

first 2 I believe I already posted, so theyre in the spoiler tag:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBHxXufqOEY[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjLrxRz1sVI[/media]

new ones:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMwiNdPRslw[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTGEvd3uEaQ[/media]

[quote name='JEKKI']fuck mang... I rolled to the arcade and they were having FOUR tournaments!!

Melty Blood, MVC2, 3S 2-man teams, and Accent Core...

Accent Core was all improvised tho and I got there late!! they decided to last minute make it a team tourney and they were already writing up the brackets when I spoke to the dood...

so... no fighting game for me tonite... instead I'll post all the Balrog raps for you!!

first 2 I believe I already posted, so theyre in the spoiler tag:
[/quote]
Wtf? A Melty Blood tournament??

What arcade do you go to???

Oh dude, I loved the end of Vega Cut XD

Do the Vega Roll, now cut, cut, cut

Lmfao on the last video, "How does it feel, when I get you KO'd, like my cousin on the intro?"

Del Tha Funkee Homosapien's 11th Hour is now slated for a February 2008 release.

Although I'm highly anticipating it, I'm not upset it's been delayed (it was originally supposed to come out in October)... Not only will that it insure it'll be a great album, but it'll give us more time to listen to classics such as I Wish my Brother George Was Here, No Need for Alarm, Future Development, and the greatest hip-hop album of all time, Both Sides of the Brain!

1118-417264847.jpg

If you haven't copped any of those albums yet, do so, because they're all fantastic! I need to give Deltron 2020 more of a listen though...

Here's one of his best songs, Phoney Phranchise, off the album pictured above:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UZynubB4Gks

Shimmi>> Melty Blood has a series of tournies... the 8th one was yesterday.

I dont play the game but check out the community site here: http://meltybread.com/

Rozz>> have u heard the vinyl version of Phoney Phranchise? You can get it off emusic.

it's the same song but w/ a 3rd verse making the song clock in at ~5 minutes.

my fave Del records from best to worst: No Need for Alarm, IWMBGWH, Both Sides of Brain, Future Development.

No Need for Alarm is awesome! it's basically Del being hella cocky and thinking he's the shyt.

Brother George is a classic, as is Both Sides. I prolly like them both equally.

Future Development is meh... the songs all seem uninteresting and uninspired... good thing it never saw retail. If you take it out of the picture, you can consider Del a 3-time-in-a-row classic release artist.

Finally, 8 Diagrams leaked. I aint heard it, but the reception aint been too hot (according to the rap thread on shoryuken.com). Then again, doods there also didnt like GZA/Muggz which I thought was one of the best things I ever heard.

I gotta go on other forums and read more opinions

Jekki, I liked 'Future Development' a lot. Maybe it's because I'm a big fan of Del, but you're right, it did lack "flavor", and I can see why some didn't like it. However, it was eventually released in stores in 2002, but even so it was still pretty limited.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/wu_tang_clan/8_diagrams/

So far on the RYM forum the people have described it as "half-assed" and "uninspired"... I wasn't expecting too much from it anyhoot, but it's still a shame... the new cover art is far improved though.

bread's done
Back