World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Discussion Thread

The big thing you should look into when picking a server is hopping onto one a lot of people you know are already on. Barring that, as long as your server isn't horribly underpopulated or the Horde/Alliance ratio is grossly overbalanced (not in favor of you), it should be fine.

[quote name='animalspinners']Thanks for all the input Salamando!

What is a good server to relocate on? I think currently my characters are on Whisperwind and I'm looking for a change.[/QUOTE]

Listen to Salamando but another tip is to make a starter character and go to an AH. Reason being is to make sure this server does not totally have a fucked up economy.

I thought it already had? I was reading the patch would be applied today and everything but the new races, level cap, and vanilla flying would be live.

[quote name='Jodou']I thought it already had? I was reading the patch would be applied today and everything but the new races, level cap, and vanilla flying would be live.[/QUOTE]

Then it didn't already happen, it's happening today.

My friends and I took a trip around Azeroth yesterday wearing gear from vanilla, visiting sites, taking screenshots and such. It actually made me very sad to know that's all going to change. My favorite screen is my Tauren Warrior kneeling in front of Cairne Bloodhoof. I'm going to miss that big lovable Tauren.

[quote name='tcrash247']Then it didn't already happen, it's happening today.

My friends and I took a trip around Azeroth yesterday wearing gear from vanilla, visiting sites, taking screenshots and such. It actually made me very sad to know that's all going to change. My favorite screen is my Tauren Warrior kneeling in front of Cairne Bloodhoof. I'm going to miss that big lovable Tauren.[/QUOTE]

oh gosh.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

[quote name='Morphx2']oh gosh.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:[/QUOTE]

So you're coming from the League of Legends thread to make fun of me for liking the crap out of old world WoW? /clap?

nope.

I used to play WoW. I just wouldnt get sad about the old world and feel sentimental. But whatever floats your boat :)

At least share some of your pics with us :D

I just started my 7-day trial to get back into it and was so mad yesterday. No auction houses besides UC. I didnt know that. Went from Druid training place, to Thunderbluff, saw no AH npc's, then went to Ogrimmar, STILL no AH npc's, then finally someone told me the only ones are in UC

[quote name='Morphx2']nope.

I used to play WoW. I just wouldnt get sad about the old world and feel sentimental. But whatever floats your boat :)

At least share some of your pics with us :D

I just started my 7-day trial to get back into it and was so mad yesterday. No auction houses besides UC. I didnt know that. Went from Druid training place, to Thunderbluff, saw no AH npc's, then went to Ogrimmar, STILL no AH npc's, then finally someone told me the only ones are in UC[/QUOTE]

There's auction houses in every major city in Azeroth. None in Outland or Northrend, but every city in Azeroth has them. Both before and after the shattering.

TB and OG didn't have AHs or NPCs because the elemental invasion was going on. It was an event going on for a couple weeks. Elementals randomly invade TB, OG, SW and IF and you need to fight them to get access to 4 5-man bosses. When this happens, every NPC, AH, bank, mailboxes, etc. were gone while they were invading. After its over, they all come back. And they now have an AH in Dal along with class trainers in place of the city portals.

Also, I'm really liking the new zone changes. I wish every zone got some kind of overhaul, but I'm pleased with what we have. Orgrimmar looks AMAZING! Way more epic and feels like a real city now.

Man... everyone I used to play with has either deleted their character or has been inactive for months / over a year.

Not quite sure what to do, was kind of hoping at least a few people out of the 100 or so I knew would still be playing. Kind of a lonely experience not knowing a single person anymore and trying to figure out all these changes.

The worst part is I've got a priest so my crappy knowledge about the game now will lead to bungled raids =/

Last edited by a moderator:
Whisperwind currently.

If any CAG's have any friendly guilds who do a good amount of instances with any openings, I'm open for transfers at this point I think. Not a lot going on for me on my home server.

Mmmm, just got back in.

urvzh7oyn.png

Quick question: If I set up a Battle.net account now will that mess me up in doing the refer a friend bonus? I have 2 Battlechest and one Lich King expansion ordered and I was thinking about ordering another Lich King from Blizzard for $10. I'll be installing 2 seperate accounts at my house for my son and myself.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Quick question: If I set up a Battle.net account now will that mess me up in doing the refer a friend bonus? I have 2 Battlechest and one Lich King expansion ordered and I was thinking about ordering another Lich King from Blizzard for $10. I'll be installing 2 seperate accounts at my house for my son and myself.[/QUOTE]

Refer a friend bonus has to be done through the referral email link or no actual refer a friend will be linked.

Cant I just set up my account and then send my son a refer a friend link. Then we can both get the bonuses of the refer a friend link?

[quote name='Wanderlai']Cant I just set up my account and then send my son a refer a friend link. Then we can both get the bonuses of the refer a friend link?[/QUOTE]

Account has to be made with the link. Blizz will also tell you this on the phone.

So I'm going back to one of my mage characters, and I've got to totally respec him. I feel so out of the loop. what do you guys recommend for a mage spec now? I've always enjoyed being the Fire mage, but taking a look at him now, it seems as though he's a bit nerfed or just that they've made him really, really complicated.

So I've been playing through the new revamped world with an alt (Horde Troll Druid) and I have been having a blast with some of the new questlines.

OMG--Thousand Needles quests.

The racetrack is flooded. There's awesome questlines involving a boat, a ghost pirate, an ice cream vendor. And I'm not finished with the zone yet!

If anyone is on the fence about coming back to WoW, now is probably a good time. The revamp of all the old zones definitely help out the leveling from 1-60. Some areas are still blah, but the majority of it is alot better. Leveling a dwarf shaman and enjoying it. Though I did not need another alt :p

As for Hiccupleftovers question, from what I hear for lvl 85 on beta, mages are going fire spec. Though some enjoying frost. Seems the divide for raid specs is narrowing down abit. Arcane was pretty much the raid spec for the last expansion. You can pretty much go with the spec you enjoy now. There will always be people theorycrafting on what is best spec, but its alot closer now it seems. I enjoyed frost on my mage, but raid in arcane. Never really tried fire. Might play with it a bit since the toon is dual specced.

The talent revisions of the last patch really screwed up the scaling for everyone. Blizz set it up to scale for 85 correctly. Kinda messed with the levels beneath that. Though they just corrected the 1-79 scaling I think.

Nice vid. They made some fixes after that one was posted. I know for a while I was hating rogues in low lvl bgs. My poor warlock would get ambushed and one shotted. Was getting a little lame. Especially when you would see 7 to 8 rogues on the other team lol.

Right now with the new zones layouts, i'm questing and leveling so fast, I really don't need bgs or dungeons to help level. I am glad they finally changed the brackets for bgs though. A 10 lvl spread was to much. Especially for newer players just getting started. Every 5 levels should do very well.

Keep in mind that the game isn't balanced around this, and most people that beta test or are on PTRs don't play low level characters.

Still, it does make for some hilarious moments. Case in point:

Any CAG related Horde or Alliance guilds out there? I just jumped WoW, and am working with a lv 32 Dw/ Hunter as my main that I've always solo'd, and never really played horde. Looking for fellow Caggers to play with and community.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']...

There's auction houses in every major city in Azeroth. None in Outland or Northrend, but every city in Azeroth has them. Both before and after the shattering.[/QUOTE]

There is an auction house in Dalaran now which is in Northrend.

So they changed the engineering only auctioneers...

Stop nerfing engineering, Blizz!

As for the guild, there were talks of it a few months ago, possibly starting one when Cata comes out, but the major problem is figuring out which server and which faction.

I still feel that a pacific server would be best for most people to deal with the time difference. And horde, of course.

[quote name='Dogpatch']If anyone is on the fence about coming back to WoW, now is probably a good time. The revamp of all the old zones definitely help out the leveling from 1-60. Some areas are still blah, but the majority of it is alot better. Leveling a dwarf shaman and enjoying it. Though I did not need another alt :p

As for Hiccupleftovers question, from what I hear for lvl 85 on beta, mages are going fire spec. Though some enjoying frost. Seems the divide for raid specs is narrowing down abit. Arcane was pretty much the raid spec for the last expansion. You can pretty much go with the spec you enjoy now. There will always be people theorycrafting on what is best spec, but its alot closer now it seems. I enjoyed frost on my mage, but raid in arcane. Never really tried fire. Might play with it a bit since the toon is dual specced.

The talent revisions of the last patch really screwed up the scaling for everyone. Blizz set it up to scale for 85 correctly. Kinda messed with the levels beneath that. Though they just corrected the 1-79 scaling I think.[/QUOTE]

To the first part of your post, I know you can just sit and wait for a dungeon group and then spam that extremely quickly to get multiple levels practically instantly. I did that on one of my alts starting at lvl 60 and managed to get him to level 62 after doing just two dungeon raids. It was so fucking sick because I remember how long it took me to grind on my other characters once I hit 60.

Yeah, I ended up reading around, and like you said, a lot of people were mentioning Fire spec as the one to go for, especially for quick and easy leveling, so that's what I ended up going with for the time being. I can always dual spec/add another spec, but I've always been a fan of the Fire mage.

Also, I thought I would just throw this in at the bottom of my post. I love how whoever did this managed to get this to be the number video result on google for "cataclysm flying mount" :lol::applause:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-p5MAonpoY[/media]

Not exactly sure how he did it, but it definitely doesn't seem like a private server. Perhaps a glitch or something?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']To the first part of your post, I know you can just sit and wait for a dungeon group and then spam that extremely quickly to get multiple levels practically instantly. I did that on one of my alts starting at lvl 60 and managed to get him to level 62 after doing just two dungeon raids. It was so fucking sick because I remember how long it took me to grind on my other characters once I hit 60[/QUOTE]

They nerfed quest xp from dungeon quests in a recent patch, so this isn't quite as true as it was.

A shame, as I easily got levels very quickly spamming the dungeon finder as well. I suppose it's for the best, as the new zone quests really are quite good.

Over 500,000 people in line to use battle.net account services...

Well, I got in after 30 minutes despite it claiming it would take over 7 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cause I am stupid I am getting this game again, I got a hunter to 80 and then stopped cause I got a full time job. I still have said job, but I still have lots of free time at night, and I can't really sleep anyway. So if anyone wants a crappy player let me know what server to join.

yeah i stopped when icc was released but recently started up again in preperation for cata.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Also, I thought I would just throw this in at the bottom of my post. I love how whoever did this managed to get this to be the number video result on google for "cataclysm flying mount" :lol::applause:[/QUOTE]
It's a glitch and it happened when TBC launched as well. I remember being able to fly all the way to the end boss in Sethekk Halls because it would sometimes not dismount you when you entered. We exploited the hell out of this and got our leveling group full gear from him before they fixed it. Just too bad it was fixed by the time our druids had their quest in there where the mount would drop.

Everyone ready for Cataclysm? Here's what I like to call my Cataclysm Launch Kit for my all nighter:

5239639288_2dcb76d183.jpg

I only took off work tomorrow, I'm starting to think I should have taken off at least Wednesday too.

[quote name='tcrash247']Everyone ready for Cataclysm? Here's what I like to call my Cataclysm Launch Kit for my all nighter:

I only took off work tomorrow, I'm starting to think I should have taken off at least Wednesday too.[/QUOTE]

I didn't go as far as calling off work (was afraid my day would be wasted with unstable service), but I think I'm a little more than ready, I got a copy of the Regular and Collector's Edition arriving tomorrow. No idea what I'm going to do with one or the other yet.

[quote name='helmet']I didn't go as far as calling off work (was afraid my day would be wasted with unstable service), but I think I'm a little more than ready, I got a copy of the Regular and Collector's Edition arriving tomorrow. No idea what I'm going to do with one or the other yet.[/QUOTE]

Sucks Blizz didnt offer a digital download version of the CE and they just mail you the CE contents when the game is released. It's the only reason I havent pre-ordered it thru Blizzard.

My CE from Amazon will probably show up Tomorrow or Wednesday, and I've gotta say that getting some beef jerky and soda sounds nice. I wish beef jerky would be cheaper though.

I'm honestly not in a huge rush to play day one anyway, judging from past launches, the zones are terrible to play in until a week or so from launch. I'll probably install it, watch the DVD and play the 51 pally I'm working on, if I play WoW at all.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']

I'm honestly not in a huge rush to play day one anyway, judging from past launches, the zones are terrible to play in until a week or so from launch. I'll probably install it, watch the DVD and play the 51 pally I'm working on, if I play WoW at all.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I'm really debating after tonight, not playing until after the weekend. And if I do play, its probably going to level up my level 50ish Troll druid. Maybe I'll just buy the new flying speed and explore zones, and not do one freaking quest all weekend.

I was excited for the expansion but got really burned out a few months ago and haven't played much at all besides some dailies and the AH. Now I'll probably wait to play Cataclysm until after holiday break. That and I really don't have any money to buy it either :(

[quote name='JasonTerminator']They nerfed quest xp from dungeon quests in a recent patch, so this isn't quite as true as it was.

A shame, as I easily got levels very quickly spamming the dungeon finder as well. I suppose it's for the best, as the new zone quests really are quite good.[/QUOTE]

How badly was it nerfed? I was just on say 3-4 days ago and was gunning through xp spamming one of my alt (lvl 60) mage characters. Literally got 3 levels done on 2 dungeon raids. Took like 20-30 minutes. Never had it go so fast before.

also, if you're looking to come back into the game, or play on a fun server, Bronzebeard is awesome.

What's the best zone to go to now for lvl 60 or so characters?

I wish I could have downloaded the CE and had them send me the contents as well, that way, since I'm east coast, I don't have to sit around for 3 hours waiting for servers to go live. And yes, beef jerky is way too expensive, I only buy it on special occasions. I tried to take a nap to get at least some sleep but I just laid in bed awake for 3 hours, bleh.

I decided to try and play at launch because I haven't before and I had a vacation day to burn. so what the hell, I'll try it out.

To hiccup, your only choice at 60 through 70 is to level in Outland. You only get 10% of normal experience when you kill Azeroth mobs when you're above 60, mmo champion has a post about it.

[quote name='tcrash247']Everyone ready for Cataclysm? Here's what I like to call my Cataclysm Launch Kit for my all nighter:

5239639288_2dcb76d183.jpg

I only took off work tomorrow, I'm starting to think I should have taken off at least Wednesday too.[/QUOTE]
I sure do wish I could do the same, but I'm stuck with a college final exam tomorrow mid-morning. It's slightly ironic that my last exam I have to go in for, the only one during launch week, is Computer Ethics taught by a former WoW player (now he's on SC2 and New Vegas). 'Course if I wasn't such a procrastinator I could've had my studying and final paper done already and just play through the morning and take 2 hours out of my game time to attend the exam, but as I said, such a procrastinator (unless I can somehow burn through the paper in the next 4 hours!).

I'd say you're all welcome to come to my realm of Skullcrusher, where we Horde outnumber the Alliance something like 3 to 1, but honestly I'm part of a small guild that is pvp centric, and the realm is full of absolute knobs other than those in my circle that I deal with. But if you want to murder alliance with extreme prejudice out in world PvP, this is your place.

[quote name='Shinpachi']I'd say you're all welcome to come to my realm of Skullcrusher, where we Horde outnumber the Alliance something like 3 to 1, but honestly I'm part of a small guild that is pvp centric, and the realm is full of absolute knobs other than those in my circle that I deal with. But if you want to murder alliance with extreme prejudice out in world PvP, this is your place.[/QUOTE]

I remember back in the day, a group of mine ran to BFD and we ran into an night elf 10 levels higher than us, and that was a challenge, and fun. But a bunch of dudes just ganking somebody with no shot of winning seems like you're just being a bunch of dicks.

bread's done
Back