World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Discussion Thread

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I remember back in the day, a group of mine ran to BFD and we ran into an night elf 10 levels higher than us, and that was a challenge, and fun. But a bunch of dudes just ganking somebody with no shot of winning seems like you're just being a bunch of dicks.[/QUOTE]
Oh don't misunderstand, we're not like my professor (he reveled in ganking lowbies). Rather, we assert dominance over those who by all means should be equal opponents. Sure, I may take a pot shot at a lowbie here and there, but for the most part if they give me a /scared, /beg, /salute, whatever, then I'll let them go on their merry way. It's when someone ganks US that we let our rage-filled sadistic tendencies to the surface. We make them regret their hubris, and indeed I think most of us have had an alliance log over at some point or another to either bitch us out, compliment our thorough ravaging of their city (true story, he thought there was at least twice as many of us as there really were), or apologize and beg us to leave them be.

I cannot wait to go leveling, it never fails that most people silly enough to jump me don't bother to level with a PvP trinket on, and never expect me to be wearing one.

I go now into the maw of death, to sell people their Cataclysms. I'm hoping it goes better than Lich King, where we had about 15 calls for battletoads, people threatening to throw a brick through our window if we didn't stay open till 2 and our CC machines dying.

Hopefully it'll be a fun time. I will be messing with people and demanding gearscore checks at the door.

As I suspected, I was able to walk into Best Buy this morning and pick up a copy of the CE with no issues (I missed out on the preorder period).

So if anyone is looking for a CE, I would hit Best Buy.

Some early impressions.

I quested in Mount Hyjal till 81 then went to Vashj'ir and gained half a level there. Hyjal is cool, some neat quests and stuff. Vashj'ir I hate, being underwater the entire time is really annoying to me, even though they improved swimming, you can walk on the bottom and they give you an underwater mount.

I did Blackrock Caverns, that was pretty cool. It was relatively short and some of the boss mechanics were fun. We wiped twice because we didn't know what we were doing on the bosses. It also gave a shitton of exp, so I recommend everyone do the instances. You get a lot of quests in there.

I leveled a worgen to 10 and so far that has been really fun. The quests are fun and flow really well and tell the story superbly.

Also did a little archeology. While I find it enjoyable, other people would probably think it's really repetitive because it is. But there's just something about it that I love. Maybe it's because I was really into dinosaurs and fossils as a kid, but I really like it.

And this needs no explanation, but flying in old world is the greatest thing ever.

My copy is shipping from Washington, instead of LA like I thought it would. I'm still hoping for it to show up tomorrow, but it could be as late as Friday.

No real rush to actually play it, but I do enjoy those making-of DVDs.

[quote name='tcrash247']Some early impressions.

I quested in Mount Hyjal till 81 then went to Vashj'ir and gained half a level there. Hyjal is cool, some neat quests and stuff. Vashj'ir I hate, being underwater the entire time is really annoying to me, even though they improved swimming, you can walk on the bottom and they give you an underwater mount.

I did Blackrock Caverns, that was pretty cool. It was relatively short and some of the boss mechanics were fun. We wiped twice because we didn't know what we were doing on the bosses. It also gave a shitton of exp, so I recommend everyone do the instances. You get a lot of quests in there.

I leveled a worgen to 10 and so far that has been really fun. The quests are fun and flow really well and tell the story superbly.

Also did a little archeology. While I find it enjoyable, other people would probably think it's really repetitive because it is. But there's just something about it that I love. Maybe it's because I was really into dinosaurs and fossils as a kid, but I really like it.

And this needs no explanation, but flying in old world is the greatest thing ever.[/QUOTE]

See, I've mostly done Vashj'ir, and I must say I've been really liking it. The quests flow well and have a great variety (the mount quest was cool), I find the underwater world a different take on the game, and getting there was something different and unique compared to other areas that we've played in the past.

Still haven't done anything else, but I'm having a blast raising my lvl 60 mage right now anyhow. Love Cataclysm so far.:D

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Ghhh, why is the LICH king 40 bucks on battle.net and then 19.96 on amazon. :([/QUOTE]

It was only 10(?) last week, you missed out.

Bnet almost always charges the highest price.

If I have a level 60 do I have to go through Burning Crusade crap to level still? I hated that expansion heh. I would actually probably do the Lich King stuff though considering I bought it and never played it.

[quote name='strikeratt']If I have a level 60 do I have to go through Burning Crusade crap to level still? I hated that expansion heh. I would actually probably do the Lich King stuff though considering I bought it and never played it.[/QUOTE]

Yes. You could technically queue for dungeons instead of questing but that will take longer. Questing in Outland is pretty quick now though. I can hit 68 by doing Hellfire Peninsula, Zangarmarsh, Nagrand and a little bit in Netherstorm.

I decided to renew earlier than I was planning since a friend asked me to join her. Picked up my alliance mage that I quested to level 80 and then dropped right after. So his equipment blows hardcore. Every single piece of quest/drop equipment that I can wear brings up my health and mana pool by like 2k... Geezus. Won't have the same effect as my 80 horde priest since that character is pretty decked out.

I have to say though that Vashj'ir is a bit of a pain in the ass if I go more or less full frost. Survivability is great considering the amount of times yesterday that enemies decided to all respawn on top of me, the mage, despite there being like 15 other people within 25 feet of me. Frost Nova will take some getting use to in the 3D environment of Vashj'ir since it also hits all vertical/horizontal targets. (I didn't really read anything on Cata other than the original world changes and wow... I wasn't expecting an underwater area. Especially the whole seahorse mount...)

I briefly tried Mount Hyjal this morning before I left for work and it seems pretty cool from what I saw.

[quote name='tcrash247']Yes. You could technically queue for dungeons instead of questing but that will take longer. Questing in Outland is pretty quick now though. I can hit 68 by doing Hellfire Peninsula, Zangarmarsh, Nagrand and a little bit in Netherstorm.[/QUOTE]
To hell with that. I leveled my shitty mage for the next tier of enchanting/inscription exclusively through random Outland dungeons all day. You get geared and a steady stream of exp plus decent faction rep. I couldn't stomach questing again in those zones, especially since all PvP is dead out there save for level 80-85 bored players zerging honor hold all day. After I'm out of vanilla at 58, it's queue-queue for me all day while I grind mining/skinning on my worgen. Only WotLK seems to be worth a damn for leveling content now and quite frankly there's WAAAAAAAAAY too much of it for the curve to handle lol.

[quote name='Jodou']To hell with that. I leveled my shitty mage for the next tier of enchanting/inscription exclusively through random Outland dungeons all day. You get geared and a steady stream of exp plus decent faction rep. I couldn't stomach questing again in those zones, especially since all PvP is dead out there save for level 80-85 bored players zerging honor hold all day. After I'm out of vanilla at 58, it's queue-queue for me all day while I grind mining/skinning on my worgen. Only WotLK seems to be worth a damn for leveling content now and quite frankly there's WAAAAAAAAAY too much of it for the curve to handle lol.[/QUOTE]

The shattering changed the 1-60 zones too, so they are worth questing in again.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']The shattering changed the 1-60 zones too, so they are worth questing in again.[/QUOTE]
Gilneas was rushed and absolutely pales in comparison to the love given to Goblins, so that set the stage for disappointment for me. You leave there around level 10 and are shipped to Darkshore (which should be called Lightshore now because it's nothing but flowers and treehuggers) instead of Silverpine (OMFG this has me pissed because I WANT to world PvP while questing) and I hate that continent as a whole. Decided to ship out to SW instead and while Westfall has certainly changed, I don't like it. All the Defias are gone (no more rogue mask, gay!) and most of the quests are the same with small twists. I will say the sniper giving out quests was pretty bad-ass, though. I'm about to start Duskwood (easily the best zone in the game) tonight and thankfully it appears they haven't changed the zone too much, so there's that.

Overall, I'm hugely underwhelmed by the changes they made so far because they mostly equate to putting large holes in the ground. Really looking forward to STV for some PvP, but I see they nerfed Nessingwary's to the point of putting up fucking walls and town guards. God damn I hate the carebear trash at Blizzard. They fucking suck at PvP content.

Oh yeah, question for those more experienced with the changes than I. Please tell me the reason I'm seeing all horde flightpaths on my map in the SS/TM area is a bug. If they removed Southshore as an alliance leveling area there will be fucking murders.

They removed Southshore as an Alliance leveling area. The Forsaken won the war in Hillsbrad Foothills, they own everything now. It's very cool if you're Horde.

[quote name='tcrash247']They removed Southshore as an Alliance leveling area. The Forsaken won the war in Hillsbrad Foothills, they own everything now. It's very cool if you're Horde.[/QUOTE]
I'm just at a loss for words. World PvP in WoW is dead.

World PvP died when they introduced the dungeon finder and gave you exp for doing battlegrounds. It might be alive again when you get into higher zones with shittons of people leveling worgen/goblins. It's also pretty crazy right now with everyone leveling in the 80-85 zones, my moonkin friend, lock friend and my dk were doing quite a bit of alliance hunting.

anyone want to go a new toon with me? I have my level 58 warlock but I feel very overwhelmed with a lot. I think I'd rather just restart. I don't have cataclysm yet! I just renewed my sub right now.

The craziest thing is replacing my gear that I spent months getting with a green from some dumb 2 minute quest. Bitter sweet.

Great so far. Goblins are a blast.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']DAMN! it was only 10 bucks, damn this sucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, also I think I saw the battle chests for $10 for a couple weeks starting from Black Friday.

Cataclysm has officially renewed my WoW addiction:D Loving the Goblins/Worgen and leveling my 80s up.

I don't remember who mentioned it in this thread, but yup, Blizzard definitely nerfed the dungeons/raids. I used to be able to do a lvl per dungeon, now I'm barely getting a quarter to 1/2 a lvl

Well i went ahead and did the upgrade on blizzard store, got both lich and cata for 66 bucks basically.

So far, going back to wow is a breath of fresh air, i havent played in about 2 years. I had a 34 warlock and everything is different. Interface, questing, areas. Im loving it.

Funny thing is, all my main toons are on Deathwing server, have been from the start 4 years ago. And now with cata out, everyone is going on deathwing because people obsess over deathwing in the game. ghhh que times.

Rolled a goblin this morning and went through Kezan and The Lost Isles. It's pretty much the best starting experience ever. I doubt throwing up furballs will compare in any way.

So in conclusion, Horde > Alliance.

I am hoping to receive Cata as a gift for the holidays. Over the summer I leveled a Pally to 80 so I could see all the old world content one last time.

Now I am considering leveling a Shammy. But I am not sure if I will roll a Goblin or Orc Shammy. I am not a fan of the mana/ranged classes...mainly dps melee. So I would do an enhancement shammy. I have a pally, rogue, and dk all to 80. I tried a warrior, warlock, and druid but never really got into it.

I am hoping the shammy will do the trick.

Yeah, i rolled a Goblin Rogue a couple days ago and i must say the stating area was the most fun i have had with a toon to date.
Great job Blizzard

[quote name='Khondor']Yeah, i rolled a Goblin Rogue a couple days ago and i must say the stating area was the most fun i have had with a toon to date.
Great job Blizzard[/QUOTE] Rogue is the perfect Goblin class, but I already have a rogue so I have no idea which class to pick if I rolled Goblin. Shammy doesn't seem to fit with Goblins.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']So in conclusion, Horde > Alliance.[/QUOTE]

Please spare this thread that bullshit. I'm tired of people debating this. It's preference.

Was supposed to be playing my worgen, goblin, tauren pally, and dwarf shaman today. Instead Gawker network got hacked and I'm spending my evening changing a bunch of IDs and passwords. Teach me to use the combo for my luggage everywhere.

I'm overall disappointed with the changes to vanilla WoW. Got my rogue to 60 last night and while leveling I saw all of maybe 3 horde that were in my level range (which were promptly PK'd). They streamlined leveling to the point that horde and alliance don't share quest hubs nor zones at times and it's really sad. Then you hit Outlands which is completely dead since everyone is instance grinding and I get rocked by 85's bored with content already in Hellfire. I don't mind getting ganked, but I wish there was at least somebody to PvP against. I wish the BG servers would die, if only for a day. There would be some epic world PvP for a change.

Even before CATA I was able to level my Pally to 80 rather quickly last summer, especially through Outlands...where the place was dead back then too. I was ganked a couple of times, but it wasn't the end of the world. I dunno, with CATA out now I think everyone is trying to get to the new end game content as fast as possible. I think world PVP hasn't been an emphasis (for better or worse) with Blizzard for a long time.

[quote name='Snuckles']anyone want to go a new toon with me? I have my level 58 warlock but I feel very overwhelmed with a lot. I think I'd rather just restart. I don't have cataclysm yet! I just renewed my sub right now.[/QUOTE]

I just posted in the CAG guild thread - I'd love to start up with you - mainly cuz I'm a noob. Hope that doesn't bug you too much.

But yea, if you're interested, PM me. Hope to hear from you (and anybody else :D )

[quote name='teknikalei']I just posted in the CAG guild thread - I'd love to start up with you - mainly cuz I'm a noob. Hope that doesn't bug you too much.

But yea, if you're interested, PM me. Hope to hear from you (and anybody else :D )[/QUOTE] I posted there as well. Just a matter of *if* I get cata as a gift before I jump back in. Here is to hoping *knocks on wood*

[quote name='letmeinnow']Whats the best place to buy time cards online that email the code? /any deals?
I want to get back into wow.[/QUOTE] I usually just use Amazon, but they actually send you a physical card so I am not sure where the best place for email codes would be. But if you would like a scroll of resurrection for 10 free days to get started now please let me know and I will send you one ASAP.

[quote name='letmeinnow']Whats the best place to buy time cards online that email the code? /any deals?
I want to get back into wow.[/QUOTE]

I've had luck ordering from:

http://gametimezone.com/

They will call you on your first order to confirm and when I first ordered, I had done it some saturday morning or evening if I remember correctly and received a call from them pretty quickly. It's been a while and I never saw any other charges from them that would cause me to distrust them (Though I used google checkout) and they have a fairly decent user reputation. They just aren't great for deals, just speed. Although now it's probably too late to reply to this since it's been two days.

I am taking a break from this game. The WoW community-- in general -- is making me crazy. Waaaaaaah this game is soo hard. PLZ NERF IT!!

People use the excuse "I have a job and a family, and I am a paying member so I don't have time to play much". LOL then why are you even playing? UGH.GRAH. BRABJJBABJDJ

I too have let my sub die. Most people I know underestimated how much free time they'd have with classes/jobs and so I haven't done any raiding except for Magmaw and Omicron Defense System. After we downed those 2 like 3 weeks ago, I haven't gotten on.

I think I may be hanging my bow up for good. 15 a month just seems ridiculous to me now.

Been playing this pretty hardcore with some oldschool friends and all we have left to down is Cho'gall and Nef. Just waiting on a good PvP game to come along and grab my attention. :\

SWOR for me but then again I am in a decent guild so no need to rely on either the community or PUGs to get through the game.

Can't wait to be home tonight and try out the new patch.

patch hurt my feral druid but my 2 other classes got buffed hunter/paladin. so i guess it balances it out : /

i'm in a smaller guild of some friends i've been playing with since bc so atm we don't have enough for raids like we did bc/wotlk, i'm still enjoying it but having them sit there raid ready sucks.

The new scroll of resurrection is amazing. Any deals on wow time cards? I'm looking to res. I dont have Cata yet and they give it to you free with the new res!

I just got one last night too. Free game trial, auto level to 80 and server and faction transfer, wow! I wasn't terribly interested in going back but I am considering it for the trail period only. I used a scroll of resurrection and free game card in December, raided Dragon Soul, then quit again with 2 weeks game time left. It's not my happy place like it used to be in vanilla, bc, much of wrath.

I played WoW for 5 1/2 years with no subscription lapse, then I just did not want to play any damn more. It happened after we killed the Lich King but I tried to hang in there w/my friends; I was/am still just over it. Not the game's fault, the dev's could allow me to shoot laser beams out of my eyes and have a Candyland world with a fire breathing gingerbread man boss and I would still be bored at this point. So I quit the game and bought my first Xbox 360, playing a bunch of old to you/new to me games and having fun not trying to impress everyone on World of Logs. I would say what I really miss is the friends I made, but most of them are gone now too.

Edit: Whoa, just noticed this thread was dead for more than a year. Do we get infracted for posting in old threads on CAG? If so, I blame THAT guy *points up surreptitiously*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wanderlai']I'd like a scroll. All my gold is on Doomhammer though.[/QUOTE]

I'll send you a scroll. Don't care what you do with it and I don't need gold, I just want the mount :p PM me your email.

I am looking for someone use scroll of ressurection on me. I will buy the one month deal so that you get your epic mount. I roll a undead rogue on thunderhorn named feefee.

I too would like to be ress'd. PM me and i will give ya some details.

will def play for more then a month so you get your mount. wish i got one too.

bread's done
Back