XBLA - Perfect Dark - Now available - Controls/achievement patch out now

[quote name='moojuice']I hope the first level's 6 second glitch is still there >_>[/QUOTE]
I think so, either that or leaderboards are already haxor'd.
First level leader this morning was 7 seconds

ps-this is the first I've ever heard about any sort of 6 second glitch, anyone care to elaborate?

[quote name='Brak']I think someone should take your keyboard and put it on top of the refrigerator for a while.[/QUOTE]

excuse me for not being articulate-able. if i could I'd style all over your ass if i had the writing/typing ability of scholar of sorts
:p

Ugh... I spent an entire match getting spawn killed and harassed by my teammates because those idiots thought they were in a FFA match (still came in second though so fuck THEM). I also forgot how terrible the standard aim was in this game. Everything else has been gravy.

[quote name='Matt Young']
The only complaints I have are that you don't start out with a weapon and it's sometimes hard to find one, and half the time,[/QUOTE]
hey guy with uzi.. meet my fists..........

who goes into a fight with no guns? i hated that about perfect dark zero and i had no idea it was in the original.

WOW
thanks moo, not sure what is going on, but I looked up a few more videos and saw some runs of about 50-60 seconds where I could tell what was going on.

Played some multiplayer this morning. Very fun, my only gripe is that pretty much everything in online multiplayer is random. Random gun sets, random maps, random gametypes, etc. Also, not being able to join quickmatches in a party is gay.

Other than that, though, I'm loving this.

[quote name='guyver2077']Wasnt expansion pack required for multiplayer or something along those lines?
[/QUOTE]

It was required for a couple multiplayer options, but it was mainly required for the single player side.

After playing the first level on the trial version, I'll probably buy this later today. I did notice that they fixed the motion blur that happened when the elevator was going down. The n64 version gave me motion sickness while this one hasn't.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Played some multiplayer this morning. Very fun, my only gripe is that pretty much everything in online multiplayer is random. Random gun sets, random maps, random gametypes, etc. Also, not being able to join quickmatches in a party is gay.

Other than that, though, I'm loving this.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?

Maaaaaaaaan.

I downloaded it this morning so it'd be ready, but had no time to play it.

Can we get confirmation about the multiplayer? Not trying to call the other poster a liar, but man, I can't believe they'd be so limited with the multiplayer.

I think the transfer pak cheats unlock just by having a PDZ save file. You don't have to install the game.

Also the random settings in multiplayer are for public matches only. You can choose from a few presets like combat, mix (I'm assuming that includes non-DM modes) and classic (probably prefers GoldenEye weapons/arenas), but then it puts you in a game on a random map and with random weapons.

If you do a private or local match, you can customize all the settings just like on the N64.

[quote name='metaly']
If you do a private or local match, you can customize all the settings just like on the N64.[/QUOTE]
Good, this makes me happy. 90% of my Live playing on this will be with my friends. Thanks for the information.

Thanks for the reminder OP! I started the download before I left the house and now I can't wait to check it out when I get back. (Thankfully I have plenty of space dollars... I wouldn't be able to buy another game this week) :bouncy:

So, outside of the 'right stick aims and controls quick menu', the one complaint that I have is that they limited the bots in local multiplayer. That the same online, too?

My favorite thing about multiplayer was the ability to *have* the 8 or so bots running around.

I'm having a hard time readjusting to the gameplay. Still not using the fine aim, don't know why anyone ever used it. Even back then it was clunky.

Having fun re-exploring the levels though. I think I'll do that Perfect Agent fists only achievement next.

I tried the demo shortly after it was up late last night/this morning around 2:30am...the auto aim is cool, but how are you supposed to get head shots when it doesn't auto aim for the heads?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I tried the demo shortly after it was up late last night/this morning around 2:30am...the auto aim is cool, but how are you supposed to get head shots when it doesn't auto aim for the heads?[/QUOTE]

You don't. :D

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I tried the demo shortly after it was up late last night/this morning around 2:30am...the auto aim is cool, but how are you supposed to get head shots when it doesn't auto aim for the heads?[/QUOTE]

Adjust your height level. It's doable although hard to accomplish.

[quote name='007']So, outside of the 'right stick aims and controls quick menu', the one complaint that I have is that they limited the bots in local multiplayer. That the same online, too?

My favorite thing about multiplayer was the ability to *have* the 8 or so bots running around.[/QUOTE]

I heard you have to unlock them. For each level you complete, you get another slot to add a bot.

Never realized this before, but was playing some one shot kill matches. Never noticed how awesome the tranquillizer was before.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Does anybody else think Joanna Dark looks like Rhianna or does Rhianna look like Joanna Dark? haha[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Rhianna looks like a bat.

[quote name='JStryke']Never realized this before, but was playing some one shot kill matches. Never noticed how awesome the tranquillizer was before.[/QUOTE]

When my cousins and I did multiplayer matches, we banned tranq guns because they were annoying as shit. It's going to be so fun using them on people over live.

[quote name='TheRock88']I heard you have to unlock them. For each level you complete, you get another slot to add a bot.[/QUOTE]

Haha... thanks, I'm apparently an idiot. Well, that, or I just forget since I haven't unlocked anything in PD for 10 years. :lol:

Thanks again!

Haha wow I forgot all about "I ashume you have some evidence?" Games were great back then.

[quote name='JStryke']Never realized this before, but was playing some one shot kill matches. Never noticed how awesome the tranquillizer was before.[/QUOTE]

I just did the tranquilizer shooting range challenges and that gun is so fun. I like hammering on the trigger Point Blank-style.

I bought it but damn it is hard even on the second mission I am having issues trying to stay alive all the way through since there is no checkpoints or even health packs. I do like the multiplayer pretty fun throwing knives at people and disarming people and taking there gun. I do kinda regret buying it since now I can not get toy soldiers but oh well.

[quote name='tcrash247']When my cousins and I did multiplayer matches, we banned tranq guns because they were annoying as shit. It's going to be so fun using them on people over live.[/QUOTE]

I think I was always more annoyed by that fist / disarm sim that always made you dizzy.

I'm sure it doesn't help that when I was younger, I would always try to do the lethal injection instead of using the gun the way it was "supposed" to be used.

Rare says that some control updates may be coming:

Note on controls: if your preferred style isn't catered for in #PerfectDark XBLA, all we can say is it's being looked into. No promises...

Some more robust aim sensitivity controls would be nice, too. I'm trying to unlearn my compulsive aiming from all these post-PD shooters and go back to moving and shooting. Remember in GoldenEye when you didn't even get crosshairs?

Wasn't so sure about getting this, but was pretty tempted with all the hype, similarity to Goldeneye, and the 800MS price point.

Wow. Great stuff.

Even has unlockable cheats like Goldeneye? Avatar awards? THANKS.

So, has anyone figured out how you get the cheats to unlock from PDZ? I've got the game, got a save, got the game installed, but still don't have the cheats unlocked. Is there some trick to it that I'm missing? Other than that minor annoyance, I'm loving this game. Brings back such fond memories. Though, I still suck as much at Chicago as I remember back on the N64.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Perfect Dark and Pokemon Gold, 2010 is 2000 all over again.[/QUOTE]
My copy of HeartGold showed up in the mail today :D

hmm host quiters go fuck yourself!!

oh and i hate the online so far.. i shoot a guy in the back 10 times. he turns. 3 shots later I'm dead.. and camping i see is totally bull*** in this game. you can easily (with aim) block a team from doing something

i find it funny how I'll walk towards a door the door opens.. them im dead (IN ONE SHOT). yea this works!

[quote name='doodofdoods']Perfect Dark and Pokemon Gold, 2010 is 2000 all over again.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, my SoulSilver should be coming by week's end! I love nostalgia.

Like many things, I'm finding this game doesn't hold up as well as I remember. Even with the newer control styles, I can't turn as fast as I want and everything feels really floaty. I know it's not supposed to be COD4 or anything, but it's so much worse in that regard than I remember. It's not horrible or anything, but I really don't see myself playing it much if at all after about a week or so. I guess some things should remain in the past.

They did a decent job with this, at least from what the demo showed me. I'll probably get it when it's deal of the week or I find a deal on points. I still have the inferior "prequel" sitting in shrinkwrap, come to think of it...

[quote name='KaneRobot']They did a decent job with this, at least from what the demo showed me. I'll probably get it when it's deal of the week or I find a deal on points. I still have the inferior "prequel" sitting in shrinkwrap, come to think of it...[/QUOTE]

I agree , better yet they should gift everyone that sprung for the Perfect Dark Zero LE a copy .
Of course that's just me looking out for myself .

Just made it past the level I could never beat when I was little (I probably could've beaten it eventually, but I never actually owned the game, I was just borrowing it from a friend). From this point on, the campaign is totally new to me.

The nostalgia is in full force with this game. I left the game on the main menu just to listen to the music. I then played the campaign on hard. Regenerating health has spoiled all of us. Thank you Halo. This is Rare's finest work.

So your friends can't join your quick matches even if they aren't full?

I read elsewhere you basically had to go to party chat, select one type of quick match and pray you all get in the same game.

My only issue with this game is the controls. I know the game is 10+ years old so it has the execuse, but It's hard to get use to something that isn't Halo or Call of Duty like controls. I don't mean control style either, I'm talking about sensitivity.

bread's done
Back