Xbox 250GB S Int.HDD-& Wifi N-$299-Out Now|Kinect out 11/4|$199 Model and bundles

[quote name='KingBroly']Wii looked awesome from Day 1. Especially in black.

This is like...ass.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. Ass has an artistic humanistic beauty to it. The Slim 360 just looks like shit.

[quote name='KingBroly']Wii looked awesome from Day 1. Especially in black.

This is like...ass.[/QUOTE]

Asses are typically rounder. This is much too pointy.

[quote name='VipFREAK']lol@ people skeming to get the new 360.[/QUOTE]

lol@ making words up because that's what you did....lol lol lol!

Guess I'm the only one who thinks the redesign looks okay. Kinetic looks a lot better then I thought it would, though I'm still not sold on the games. Halo looked pretty much same old stuff to me, but Gears looks fantastic. Overall, pretty meh, but ESPN on the box makes me very happy!

hardware designers need to take hints from car designers; along the lines of exotics, formula, or muscle cars.

there is sexy, then there's geek sexy. the slim is geek sexy, which actually isn't. think classic sexy, then you've got a winner.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']hardware designers need to take hints from car designers; along the lines of exotics, formula, or muscle cars.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with this. As long as we don't get the muscle car era design.

I'm not really concerned with its look. As long as its got better heating and runs quieter then I'm in for one.

I really don't like the dented front and back for the new Xbox 360. Then the large vents on the sides make it look like an Alienware case. The features are cool, but the design could've been better. Probably won't upgrade since I don't need a new system yet.

Seeing the back of the system, it's an awful redesign.

[quote name='Mahoney07']There is no way the Kinetic is over $100

Also;
I'm really glad my LAUNCH, yes launch 360 hasn't RRoD yet so when it eventually does I can get a cool new 360 slim.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that is true, but there is a reason why they didn't announce a price to it and that's because it's probably will be over $100.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Metal Gear Rising = :jaw drop:

but... no guns... ?[/QUOTE]
Thought he had a gun on his back. Maybe certain situations.

Hope it's Kinect/Move compatible.

so with the espn on the 360, is it just going to be the same games that are cable tv anyway? and it wont be like having mlb.tv on your xbox right?

[quote name='BingoBrown']Okay, so the 360 Slim has the benefit of the internal wifi, but doesn't anyone else see a problem with the non-easily-detachable hard drive?

I've got two 360s in my house, one in the living room, one in the bedroom. I usually play in the living room, but when I do play in the bedroom, it's really nice to be able to detach my 250GB HDD and plug it in to the 360 in the bedroom. I lose that functionality with the Slim (from what I can tell). Sure, I could use a flash drive for game saves, but that doesn't help me with game installs or downloaded games.[/QUOTE]

You can still easily detach the hard drive.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I wonder if old hdd will be compatible with the slim. also I assume licenses and such will work pretty much the same?[/QUOTE]

Aaron Greenburg demo'd the new slim on gametrailers.com. The old HDD's WILL NOT WORK with the new 360. The new 360 has an enclosed space for the HDD very similar to the PS3.

What isn't similar though is you can't just pop in any HDD like on the PS3. The HDD is enclosed in some type of small, black case so how much you wanna bet there will be a 500 GB HDD available seperately for $130?

Also don't know if it's brought up on here, but Arcade is down to $150 and Elite down to $250 starting this week.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Aaron Greenburg demo'd the new slim on gametrailers.com. The old HDD's WILL NOT WORK with the new 360. The new 360 has an enclosed space for the HDD very similar to the PS3.

What isn't similar though is you can't just pop in any HDD like on the PS3. The HDD is enclosed in some type of small, black case so how much you wanna bet there will be a 500 GB HDD available seperately for $130?

Also don't know if it's brought up on here, but Arcade is down to $150 and Elite down to $250 starting this week.[/QUOTE]
so it is kinda like the pspgo, where you can't just pop in your old 360 hard drives

NEW SUMMER OF ARCADE

This year, enjoy another stellar line-up: “Castlevania Harmony of Despair” (Konami Digital Entertainment), “Hydro Thunder Hurricane” (Microsoft), “Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light” (Square Enix), “Limbo” (Microsoft) and “Monday Night Combat” (Microsoft). The third annual Summer of Arcade will kick-off in July, and will continue to bring you the best downloadable titles in the industry. This comes hot off the heels of Xbox LIVE Arcade Block Party, which resulted in a record breaking March – the highest number of downloads for the month of March to date in Arcade history.

[quote name='shosh']so with the espn on the 360, is it just going to be the same games that are cable tv anyway? and it wont be like having mlb.tv on your xbox right?[/QUOTE]

It'll be everything available currently on espn3.com. So it's only the NBA/MLB/MLS/NCAA games they are broadcasting that night. There will also be highlights and their web-only content, including the MLG event coverage they have on MLG weekends.

[quote name='ananag112']You can still easily detach the hard drive.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, it doesn't sound as easy/accessible to detach the HDD as it is with the fat 360s. Plus, I presume you'll need two 360 Slims if you wanted to swap one HDD into another system, which is a massive $600 investment.

[quote name='shosh']so it is kinda like the pspgo, where you can't just pop in your old 360 hard drives[/QUOTE]

Never seen the PSPGo taken apart so I guess. Just think of what the PS3 has, except for no screws and the HDD being in a proprietary shell that just pops in and pops out. Hence why I think there will be a 500 GB drive available this holiday for the system to match what PS3 will have.

[quote name='BingoBrown']From what I've read, it doesn't sound as easy/accessible to detach the HDD as it is with the fat 360s. Plus, I presume you'll need two 360 Slims if you wanted to swap one HDD into another system, which is a massive $600 investment.[/QUOTE]

The HDD slot is right under the top of the console, the cover just pops off. It's super easy to pop in and out.

[quote name='reddjoey']NEW SUMMER OF ARCADE

This year, enjoy another stellar line-up: “Castlevania Harmony of Despair” (Konami Digital Entertainment), “Hydro Thunder Hurricane” (Microsoft), “Lara Croft and the Guardian of the Light” (Square Enix), “Limbo” (Microsoft) and “Monday Night Combat” (Microsoft). The third annual Summer of Arcade will kick-off in July, and will continue to bring you the best downloadable titles in the industry. This comes hot off the heels of Xbox LIVE Arcade Block Party, which resulted in a record breaking March – the highest number of downloads for the month of March to date in Arcade history.[/QUOTE]
The worst Summer of Arcade yet. I'm only interested in Limbo and that could change if everything is $15.

From looking at the back of the picture Major Nelson has, there is a TOS link plug on it as he calls it. I don't know if it's how you transfer content or not, but I'm guessing that's what it is. There's also a security slot (for what, I don't know)

so to play kinect sports you would need to pay $149.99+59.99? Is there any reason to get that instead of a wii?

[quote name='KingBroly']From looking at the back of the picture Major Nelson has, there is a TOS link plug on it as he calls it. I don't know if it's how you transfer content or not, but I'm guessing that's what it is. There's also a security slot (for what, I don't know)[/QUOTE]

TOSLINK is for optical audio out.

what they showed of Kinect has me very interested. Hope they bring the tech over to the PC, being able to use hand movements to fart around the puter would be really cool, especially with 3D monitors. Sure as hell seems a lot better than Move which frankly seems pretty lame (though I reserve to change my mind after Sony's show)

Also, don't see this being more than $100 (I think more along the $75 range IMO) with a pack in game as there isn't much to the actual hardware, it's the software that powers the whole thing.

[quote name='menikmati']TOSLINK is for optical audio out.[/QUOTE]

No, the thing has a separate audio out plug.

[quote name='KingBroly']From looking at the back of the picture Major Nelson has, there is a TOS link plug on it as he calls it. I don't know if it's how you transfer content or not, but I'm guessing that's what it is. There's also a security slot (for what, I don't know)[/QUOTE]

That's the optical audio port. If you had HDMI and wanted to use optical audio (like to an older receiver without HDMI) you had to rig up/destroy a standard cable

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSLINK

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']so to play kinect sports you would need to pay $149.99+59.99? Is there any reason to get that instead of a wii?[/QUOTE]
because you don't wanna be called a gay 12 year old casual ninty fanboy? youll still have your hardcore status

[quote name='KingBroly']No, the thing has a separate audio out plug.[/QUOTE]

Where? Unless it's on a separate cable, TOSLINK = S/PDIF = audio.

[quote name='fart_bubble']what they showed of Kinect has me very interested. Hope they bring the tech over to the PC, being able to use hand movements to fart around the puter would be really cool, especially with 3D monitors. Sure as hell seems a lot better than Move which frankly seems pretty lame (though I reserve to change my mind after Sony's show)

Also, don't see this being more than $100 (I think more along the $75 range IMO) with a pack in game as there isn't much to the actual hardware, it's the software that powers the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

Several places are showing it as being $149.

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't know what ports are on the back of the thing. Here's a link:

http://flic.kr/p/8akGgP[/QUOTE]

3 USB (2 more in the front)
1 Kinect Specific Port
1 Ethernet
1 MS Video Cable Port
1 HDMI
1 TOSLINK
1 Kensington Lock

500x_xbox360specs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fart_bubble']
just don't see it being that much, especially as they want to move at least 5 million units in the first year[/QUOTE]

Good luck, it's not gonna move 5 million units in the first year. The launch titles are craptastic. They're gonna have to show me a LOT more before I'd even remotely consider purchasing a Kinect. Plus, I'm not even sure the tech is going to work. Microsoft doesn't seem too high on it yet, since they didn't have a real demo of it at E3 (from what I've seen).

fucking proprietary HDD. FAIL MS. Not picking up a Slim until it reaches at least 500 gb now.

[quote name='seanr1221']I missed the memo where Halo Reach, Call of Duty Black Ops, Fallout Vegas, Fable III, Gears 3, Dead Space 2, Crackdown 2, etc. got canceled.[/QUOTE]

COD, Fallout, Dead Space are all 3rd party. Ya there are still great 1st party games. Does that change the fact that they're putting a shit load of money into casual crap instead of core games? Nope. Seriously.

[quote name='seanr1221']I missed the memo where Halo Reach, Call of Duty Black Ops, Fallout Vegas, Fable III, Gears 3, Dead Space 2, Crackdown 2, etc. got canceled.[/QUOTE]

COD, Fallout, Dead Space are all 3rd party. Ya there are still great 1st party games. Does that change the fact that they're putting a shit load of money into casual crap instead of core games? Nope. Seriously.

It's going to be Red Steel all over again. Use thy eyes people. Actors trying to act in sync with the onscreen animations to make it look 1:1 and failing. That pet tiger shit was god awful unless you are 6 years old or younger. The river rafting might be fun...for 15 minutes or so till you realize you are just jumping up and down in your living room and that's it.

And Wombat said it right when he said it seems they are making the Episode 1 equivalent of a Star Wars game.

The Dance thing has promise in a party setting, and the controllerless interface navigation is interesting, but it would be quicker for me using a controller imo. Sending messages would suck also unless the voice rec works or if your friend has a kinect too to use the video chat. But who really wants to use video chat while gaming.

bread's done
Back