Xbox 250GB S Int.HDD-& Wifi N-$299-Out Now|Kinect out 11/4|$199 Model and bundles

What's a Kensingtion Lock?

Here's what Joystiq mentioned about content transfer:

The hard drive is 250GB, and there's a tab on the bottom that you can pull out to replace it if necessary. Transfer software is built into the system this time, so all you have to do is plug one end of the cable into the system, the other end into the hard drive, and then transfer away -- no disc needed

I'm guessing the HDD size is still capped at 250gb.

[quote name='dallow']GS did put the pre-order page up, but it was just pulled:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/xbox-kinect-gets-priced-149/

$149.99[/QUOTE]

I bet they planned to announce the price until they saw the reaction to last night's debut. So they quickly delayed that announcement and threw in the free 360's instead. This looks legit and is not surprising at all.

My question is do they only release bundles for the Arcade & Elite once Kinect launches, meaning the price drops for those by themselves are for a limited time? I bet that's what they do and that this Slim for $300 will not be bundled with Kinect, making the Slim + Kinect cost $450. Maybe they will drop the price of Kinect now that 95% of gamers were unimpressed. Maybe $130.

[quote name='jman619']I'm a Sony fan and I'm not freaking out. To be honest I wanted something major and shocking from MS,but I didn't get my wish. They didn't steal no big exclusive from Sony this year. I figured they would.
.[/QUOTE]

Because they put that money into Kinect games!

[quote name='dallow']Kinect needs it's own power supply for old Xbox 360s.
USB powered for the 360 Short.[/QUOTE]

You're joking I hope.

[quote name='ajh2298']This can also be laid flat, correct? I have not seen one picture of it being laid flay anywhere.[/QUOTE]
Yes it has rubber feet, I shared your concern until I saw some clearer pics.

I just saw the unboxing of the Slim60, it does look smaller than the earlier pictures and it doesn't look that bad to me. I like it. I wish it was better, but it is nice. They even improved the look of the controller for those who really care about how their controller looks. All black now, without the ugly grey.

[quote name='reddjoey']FYI:
Kinect Requires 175MB Free space
"Xbox LIVE Gold members must have an ESPN3 affiliated broadband provider"[/QUOTE]

Like Verizon FIOS?

We have this, but up until a few days ago, we never watched ESPN...only because the world cup is on that we watch ESPN.

Anyways guess the HULU thing is a no go....Not really interested in ESPN on 360.

[quote name='reddjoey']FYI:
Kinect Requires 175MB Free space
"Xbox LIVE Gold members must have an ESPN3 affiliated broadband provider"[/QUOTE]
im guessing thats for just the espn3.com games, as thats what it says on the xbox page.

I like the size and general look of the new 360, but I wish they didn't make it shiny. I probably won't get one unless the one I have breaks anyway though.

[quote name='shosh']im guessing thats for just the espn3.com games, as thats what it says on the xbox page.[/QUOTE]

I will have a shitfit if its only for ESPN3.com broadcasts...

How about those USB ports?? Still 2.0 or have they moved it up to 3.0? I am really surprised they are able to move that much data for Kinect using 2.0 Technology. You would think something like a lite motion capture camera like the Kinect would need speeds faster than that of firewire.

There is still some "lag" processing that might have been resolved if it was done all in hardware instead of software, but oh well :|

[quote name='Jedi1979']after looking at those pics, i dont see a memory card slot...am i missing it somewhere[/QUOTE]

"Old" External HDD and Memory cards are not compatible with the new 360.

FAQ From MS:

Here are answers to some of the question’s we’re getting:

Is there any performance difference at all between the new Xbox 360 and the original Xbox 360?
No game performance differences. It plays the same games and acts the same way as any Xbox 360.

How about backwards compatibility with all my Xbox 360 games and Original Xbox games?
No changes at all! All your current Xbox 360 and Orginal Xbox games (on the backwards compatibility list) will still work as they do today. Remember though, you need a hard disk to play Original Xbox games.

Is the fan quiet?
Yes, in fact the entire console is whisper quiet.

The photos show fan slots on the right side of the console. Does it vent to the back still, or the side?
The side (or top of you have it resting horizontally.)

What ports have changed?
Removed: The front Memory Unit slots were removed, but the front 2 USB slots are still there for controllers, USB storage, music game hubs, etc.. (Remember, since the 2010 Spring dashboard update, you can use any USB port on the console with a USB thumb drive as an Xbox 360 storage device)

Removed: The small cutout that the external wireless adapters connect to on the back of the console. Since the console now has internal wireless N connectivity, you may not want to use the external wireless adapter. If you find that the external adapter works best for you, that device has feet that swing out to allow it to sit on top of the console.

Added: An optical audio out (a.k.a. TOSlink, S/PDIF). It’s on the back of the 360 S now instead of on the AV cables.

Added: A port for the Kinect sensor that is a hybrid data and power port. Kinect works with all Xbox 360 consoles, but on the new Xbox 360, you don’t need a separate power adapter for the Kinect sensor because this port will provide the power.

Added: 2 more USB ports on the back, bringing the total to three on the rear of the console in addition to the 2 on the front of the new Xbox360.

Does the new Xbox 360 use removable faceplates?
The new Xbox 360 does not have removable faceplates.

Where is the wireless controller bind button, I don’t see it in any of the pictures?
It’s in the front. It was combined with the IR receiver on the front, so that’s why you don’t notice it!

Does it stand vertically and horizontal and do I need an adapter or a stand?
The Xbox 360 console is designed to stand vertically or horizontally. Unlike other consoles, it does not require a stand to sit upright and with the new sleek design it looks and fits great in your living room entertainment center. However, no matter how you position the console, you should not move the console during game or media play, or at any other time when the disc is spinning.

What band does the internal wireless N use?
It’s 2.4GHz.

Do the external wireless adapters work with new Xbox 360 ?
Yes. And if you connect one to the new Xbox 360 will sense this and disable the internal wireless.

Is the power supply the same?
No. It’s a bit smaller and it’s now 135 watt. The connecter type is different too because it’s not meant for use in original Xbox 360 consoles.

Is the hard drive removable?
Yes, just like on the original 360 console, the hard drive is removable.

What is included with the console?
You can find information about the retail package here:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360250GBconsole/

How can I move data from my current Xbox 360 to the new Xbox 360?
Its super easy—check out Xbox.com/transfer for more details. One important note is that your current Xbox 360 hard drive will not attach to the new Xbox 360. You will need to use either a transfer cable or USB memory to transfer your content.

HarryPotterKinectimalsOfLOLS.gif

[quote name='reddjoey']Sorry had to update

Data transfer cable has to be bought for $19.99
Composite Cable only in box
1 year warranty only[/QUOTE]

Where is that info from?

[quote name='reddjoey']Data transfer cable has to be bought for $19.99
Composite Cable only in box
1 year warranty only[/QUOTE]

Oh fuck me. I just traded my console in.

Looks like the new fan system may have fixed the problems. By the way saying they "fixed the rrod" is not a good thing, I found out the hard way it just means the xbox wont show rrod and will break in a number of other ways.

I'm going to hold out till the one I have red rings then just send it in to get fixed and see what issues this new slim one has. I bet in a year it will start to rrod.

EDIT: Also I wonder if the cable that I used to transfer my data from my 20gig HDD to my 250gig HDD would work on this one. Sucks you also still have to buy the M$ drive.

I think their was. I remember reading when I ordered mine that I would not be able to use the old ones that were sent out for free. This was all due to people puting them on ebay. The old ones would only transfer from 20 to 60 or 60 to 60 I think.

135 watts. That means they probably only reduced the chip size of the CPU or it's still 65 nm & the GPU must be 65 nm still. Anyone hear anything about chip sizes? I hope the CPU is 45 nm considering the warranty is 1 year now.

[quote name='atomsk']MGS rising looks cool as shit.[/QUOTE]

MGS Rising doesn't look like MGS anymore.

UBI Soft = fail

McHale really!?!? Get to the fucking Ghost Recon stuff already you fucking idiots.

Edit: Congrats UBISOFT welcome to 1980 aka Lazer Tag. Now I can bother to check who one by using a 360. yay...

[quote name='J7.']135 watts. That means they probably only reduced the chip size of the CPU or it's still 65 nm & the GPU must be 65 nm still. Anyone hear anything about chip sizes? I hope the CPU is 45 nm considering the warranty is 1 year now.

MGS Rising doesn't look like MGS anymore.[/QUOTE]

i could of sworn the spec sheet said 45nm

I was in Gamestop about an hour after the 250 gig was announced, and they were getting a flow of calls wondering if they had any of the new 360's.

If you want one, it looks like you might need to be a little aggressive.

and....

McHale is the only one keeping this press conference fresh. I'd be bored as hell without his smartass remarks.

If I bought a slim could I transfer data with a USB thumb drive? Also, can it be an unformatted Kingston or would I need something special?

bread's done
Back