XBox One Back Compatability Thread - 6/10/19 - RIP Back Compatibility. Final batch listed in post #2

"Remakes/remasters" (aka half-assed, shoveled-over stuff like the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games) are killing my BC hopes for significant on-disc titles. Now EA is saying they are open to a possible Mass Effect trilogy redux "if there is demand for it." STOP ALREADY.

On a brighter note, Skate 3 just received an update out of nowhere that fixes some issues where on disc players couldn't play with digital owners. Most people are taking this to mean that it's FINALLY coming to BC soon.

I "yellowed" FC Blood Dragon when I posted it since the feedback I saw early on was negative. However, saw this today:

https://youtu.be/qc0ABJG7_bM

...changed it to "green" ranking since this is the first video proof I've seen. I'll eventually actually try it myself.

Dude, Blood Dragon started as a joke and it's so good they're gonna make a sequel lol. I recommend buying the soundtrack as well, it's so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upcoming GWG reveals Forza Horizon will be available pretty soon, that means BC comin'. Just started playing it on 360 so this is a welcome addition.

Well. Looks like CoD2 is a rare case of it being definitively better on the X1. Framerate is essentially doubled. Automatically dropped to 30 on the 360 whenever the system was taxed, and rarely drops to below 55 on the X1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofm9JAh0DAM

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/770652467117907968

Also Castle of Illusion is supposed to be getting delisted on Friday, so get it while you can.

Man I hope Forza runs well on X1. Just started it a couple weeks ago on 360 and would like to move over, but won't bother if the framerate is shit.

I want castle of illusion but not for $15 hoping they do the decent thing and drop the price soon like every other system its on.
Probably not gonna happen by Friday. I know it did happen once or twice before, but not sure Castle of Illusion is a high enough profile game for them to bother with it.

^^^I don't get why they wouldn't, though. It seems like they are throwing money away by not knocking 5 bucks off the price and saying "gone forever after this week!" I know I bought a Marvel vs Capcom game I would have otherwise ignored because they discounted it and said they were taking it off the marketplace. I'd probably buy Castle of Illusion if it were 10 bucks.

Tried Forza. Not extensively, but played for a while and it felt good. As good as 360, maybe even smoother due to v-sync. Problem is the online marketplace isn't connecting...can't get to DLC, etc. I hope/assume that's just temporary.

Looks like Forza's online works now.

------

It seems that some people are getting varied results on BC games. I've seen a lot of people mention this especially with Forza (so choppy it's unplayable, etc - but it was smooth with no issues for me), but this applies to any game that is BC. This solution has helped a lot of people that do have performance issues:

*Hard reset your console (hold down power button until it turns off / around 5 seconds)

*Go to Settings > System > Storage and then select "Clear local Xbox 360 storage". You will not lose your saves, as your saves are in the cloud and not local.

Added this to wiki post as well. Apparently some people have done this and are still having issues, but it has worked for at least some people.

Bayonetta is a great game glad it's BC. I first played it on my wii u. If there is a good sale on it I will pick it up for my XB1 also.

My timing sucks. I was going to pick Bayonetta up from gamestop today on the way back from a camping trip. Then found out its backwards compatible now and the price went up to $19.99.
Ill just wait and see if I can find one second hand locally or wait for it to be gwg.

Another game I thought of that I'd love to see go BC is The Simpson's Game. That would be fun to play on the One. Mostly, I want to see licensed stuff that doesn't get made anymore. "Random Dated Shooter X" just seems like a waste of time.

Thank you sir, but what I mean is, can a silver account on my home console play multiplayer on say Gears of War 3 using my shared gold? Thanks again.
Ah gotcha. For :xb1: games it is straightforward and the answer is a resounding yes, but for :360: i don't know. I can see valid reasons for both a yes and a no answer, but I think the best thing is to test it out if you can.

Supposedly Banjo Nuts & Bolts got a patch which improves performance. Leaving it "blue" ranked for now, but may want to give it another shot if you tried it before and it stunk.

Lost Odyssey is included now. Need to have the disc, though.
Others were announced too:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/781524005450870785

In any event, it's pretty cool to see LO in there. That's a great game. I wonder if you'll need to switch the discs or if just having one (or the first) will work.

Others were announced too:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/781524005450870785

In any event, it's pretty cool to see LO in there. That's a great game. I wonder if you'll need to switch the discs or if just having one (or the first) will work.
Chances are your console will just need the first disc to verify that you own the game, then it will go and download the whole thing as though it is a Games on Demand title. I wonder if this means that it will be made available for digital purchase?

Phil said he thinks Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon will both be made available digital, but there was an "if" thrown in there, so it's not for sure.

Not newly added games, but Gears 3, Gears Judgement, and Halo Reach all got BC updates in the last 24 hours. Haven't tested any of them yet. Praying Reach works well now because it was next to unplayable at times before.

Gears 3 performance wasn't great before but acceptable, and Judgement was pretty bad as well. If this actually improves Judgement I'll probably play though it for the first time.

EDIT - Pretty sure this is the first time this has happened. Changed Reach from "red" to "blue" status. It's SIGNIFICANTLY improved now. Very playable. Not perfect, but I can't really complain after how bad it was at first. I'm considering even bumping it to green status, it's borderline.

The framerate in parts of singleplayer is actually improved (video below). Multiplayer is where I still sensed a (very) slight performance hit here and there - but certainly not overwhelming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9VVIcLpVHI&ab_channel=VGTech

More stuff coming today:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/785872645153849344

EDIT: Oh yeah, just noticed the thread title was updated. Haha. :whistle2:

Rage is a game I have been meaning to play but never get around to. Got it used this summer when I bought a collection over the summer. Just now checked it and it's the anarchy edition with an unused code for the dlc. Moving it to the front of the backlog now...I think.
I also just got prey, the orange box and bayonetta too though. The great thing about being so far behind is there are always great games I've never played before.

Anyone else so OCD it's driving them crazy there's not a solid list in one section of this forum ? [emoji15]

Oops just saw the other stickie thread... sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limbo is up. I'm assuming most people have the X1 version since it was free, but if not for whatever reason...there you go.

On a semi-related note, Bastion is coming to X1 (not back compatible, but free to those who own the 360 version).

Limbo is up. I'm assuming most people have the X1 version since it was free, but if not for whatever reason...there you go.

On a semi-related note, Bastion is coming to X1 (not back compatible, but free to those who own the 360 version).
Free Bastion?
Well that's cool.

bread's done
Back