The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jshackles']Picked up the new Indie Royale, but getting increasingly disappointed with their offerings...[/QUOTE]

They're running out of games.

[quote name='The End']They're running out of games.[/QUOTE]

I actually think I would have been less disappointed with a Desura-Only game sale with no Steam keys.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']I've been playing this game on Origin and it runs really smooth. The game play and graphics are really good, but the story and main character feel empty. It's a tired story and the main character is bland. It might have to do with she doesn't have a voice. That didn't bother me in DA, but for some reason in this game it does. Despite it's flaws I really enjoy it. I only wish I had more time to play it- work and kids.[/QUOTE]

I've read many people say the DLCs were a lot better than the main game so it might make sense to play those if the main quest gets dull.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']That Steam score site is awesome, Steam needs something like this. Without any sort of ranking or score level like the consoles have, I don't find Steam achievements worthwhile and just ignore them completely. Not that console trophies are worthwhile, but at least there is some level of motivation to go after them, for me.[/QUOTE]

I come at it from exactly the opposite angle. As long as there's no public score, and these separate sites exist just for the junkies who want to compete, I'm down for it. If they made it more visible, I'd probably say hell-with-it. Course I say that now...

[quote name='Larce80']you deleted a part of my soul along with it[/QUOTE]

I lol'd.

[quote name='randomdud']Re: Steamscore site

Once I got it to go through all my games, I looked through the scores and values for games. I seriously can't understand the formulas behind quite a few of the numbers. Examples: Borderlands 1 is worth roughly 3,500 total for all 80 achievements while Borderlands 2 is worth roughly 28,000; some games (Sleeping Dogs, Walking Dead) have scores go beyond the stated cap; some games are only worth a couple hundred (Secret of Monkey Island 2 versus Sonic CD) when they have the same number of achievements as other games. Why the fuck can one game be worth around 8 times the score as another game? Steamscore needs some actual consistency and less wonky formula math before it's really worth checking, but it could be entertaining given enough time.[/QUOTE]

The formula's a work in progress, so I hear, and another thing that screws the values up is that new achievements are set to 1000 pts apiece until they're manually adjusted. When that Swords and Soldiers DLC came out this summer, I did the chvs real quicklike and they boosted the total score way over almost every other game—since corrected.

[quote name='facls']Didn't know that was even a possibility, I'll look into that, thanks![/QUOTE]

Holy crap. The User CP is all I use here; too much to see otherwise.

[quote name='Mooby'] Cost is around $5... same as what they sell the base game for at this point.[/QUOTE]

Not just the base game, but in some instances the Anarchy Edition. (I'll still probably get the DLC, however.)

[quote name='Detruire']Don't be ridiculous. Nobody buys games when they're only 50% off. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the folks who got the 4.99 Jade Empire in the last sale.

Also, for those who did that Steamscore (mine) site, here are a few others:

http://steam.jsarabians.com/steam/Lookup.aspx (my favorite, aesthetically) (mine)
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/index.php (mine)
http://www.achievementstats.com/index.php (mine)
http://steamachievementhunters.com/ (been down for a while now)

All of these sites are relatively slow, usually maintained by a single person, and get wonky when Steam gets wonky, so I normally refresh them only after getting a chunk of achievements.

Ooh, new thread, and it's already on the 8th page. Man, I'm slackin'.

My steamscore thing is kind of sad. It says i've only completed 1 game. But since it's only based on achievements, I don't feel too bad about that, lol.

[quote name='Mooby']So... apparently there is new DLC for Rage called 'The Scorchers' that adds more outdoor areas, some items, and another difficulty level. Talk about out of left field... why did they even bother developing paid content for this? Cost is around $5... same as what they sell the base game for at this point.[/QUOTE]

I don't know all of the ins and outs, but I was reading yesterday that this is content that was cut from the base game prior to release, so I don't think a lot of extra money was put into it. They probably just couldn't get it debugged in time for the launch window. It is weird that it's getting a release two years later, but I guess they figure it's better than never recouping anything for the time/money already invested in it.

[quote name='g6grim']The Crazy Machines Bundle is on the Gala Store for $4.99. Includes Steam Keys:
- Crazy Machines
- Crazy Machines 1.5
- Crazy Machines 2
- Crazy Machines Elements

Haven't decided on it yet, but seems like a good deal even without all the DLC.[/QUOTE]

You also get $1 off if you beat the average on the Indie Gala 11 bundle. I took advantage of that and grabbed these all for $4 earlier today.

If I left a code here for Colour Bind... it would be so nice if another code just happened to appear for something awful like Bad Rats or perhaps something Coconut flavoured...

[quote name='plft']Reposting as this got lost in the shuffle of the new thread.[/QUOTE]

In the full version their is an option to not use your mics in Binary Domain (and recommended to disable).

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Did anybody notice that Port Royale 3 is 91% off on Gamersgate (around $3.40). Didn't this come out only a couple months ago?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PR3/port-royale-3[/QUOTE]

Yes and it's been that price recently on GG. The reviews treated it liked a red haired stepchild. In the GG thread we stared out it, chatted about it for a bit, and walked away with $3.40 in our e-pockets.

[quote name='stupidproz1']I remember this guy on the forums always links this Steam sale guide for newbies. That should probably posted up in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Here you go :cool:

[quote name='ndawgdrake']Prepare your wallets!

original.jpg

PC GAMING MASTER RAACCEEE (lol)[/QUOTE]

I just realized this was Gabe. >.>;;

Winter Sale, my wallet is ready! I just started PC gaming this year, built myself a beast of a gaming PC. I just hope there are unique things on sale that Amazon digital hasn't already given us.

[quote name='The End']They're running out of games.[/QUOTE]

There are tons of games on Desura they just aren't looking hard enough.

Hell at this point other bundles are having more varied and better Desura titles in bundles than they are and Desura is their own store.

[quote name='g6grim']The Crazy Machines Bundle is on the Gala Store for $4.99. Includes Steam Keys:
- Crazy Machines
- Crazy Machines 1.5
- Crazy Machines 2
- Crazy Machines Elements

Haven't decided on it yet, but seems like a good deal even without all the DLC.[/QUOTE]

I posted this in the other thread but just FYI no DLC is included.

[quote name='asheskitty']In the full version their is an option to not use your mics in Binary Domain (and recommended to disable).[/QUOTE]
It's in the demo as well, and I disabled the mics but I still couldn't do anything with the dialogue system.

Not Steam, but Gray Matter, an adventure game by Jane Jensen, is $2.50 at GamersGate right now. Pretty good title and more than worth the asking price.

[quote name='facls']Not Steam, but Gray Matter, an adventure game by Jane Jensen, is $2.50 at GamersGate right now. Pretty good title and more than worth the asking price.[/QUOTE]

Also if you like Gray Matter please vote for it on Greenlight.

DTP seems to be having a hard time getting their games onto Steam, including Drakensang: The River of Time which is already on Steam in the US region.

[quote name='ndawgdrake']Prepare your wallets!

original.jpg

PC GAMING MASTER RAACCEEE (lol)[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, thanks for posting that.

I love being part of the PC Gaming Master Race.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']LOL Jade Empire is 75% off[/QUOTE]

Probably be in the next humble bundle with Skyrim.

[quote name='unluckynumber11']
ngbbs50b17adde4ce7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's awful...ly awesome.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']LOL Jade Empire is 75% off[/QUOTE]

Is this like reverse trolling? Like last time they did it after the sale and now they pull a gotcha before the sale.

Unsuspecting Customer: Oh the winter sale is coming up so it will be 75% off on that.

Gabe: (rubbing hands together evilly) That's what you think.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I finally beat Persona 3.[/QUOTE]
It's always nice to know who the PERSONA fans are. For whatever reason, PERSONA3 fans are less vocal than the Persona 4 ones, and I regard P3FES to be the superior of the two games. That's just me, though.

Hahaha, that Daily Deal is hilarious. The people on Valve's staff know what they're doing.

Some of the new packs recently added to the CDR for the Holiday Sale:

2K Collection:
Bioshock
Borderlands [Vanilla]
Borderlands 2 [Vanilla]
Civilization V [+ Mongols civ]
The Darkness II
Spec Ops: The Line
X-Com [Classics]
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Ubisoft Collection:
Anno 2070 [Standard]
Assassin's Creed II [Deluxe]
Assassin's Creed: Revelations [Standard]
Assassin's Creed III [Standard]
Far Cry
Far Cry 2 [+ Fortune's Pack]
From Dust
I Am Alive
Might & Magic: Heroes VI [Deluxe]
Rayman: Origins
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier [Standard]
Square-Enix Hits:
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Deus Ex: Human Revolution [Augmented + DLC]
Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman: Absolution [Standard]
Hitman: Sniper Challenge
Just Cause 2
Sleeping Dogs
Thief: The Dark Project - Gold
Thief II: The Metal Age
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider V: Chronicles
Tomb Raider VI: Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Daedelic Bundle:
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
Deponia
Chaos on Deponia
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
A New Beginning
Stardock Pack:
Demigod
Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
The Political Machine 2012

...and old standby franchise packs like Might & Magic, Tom Clancy Pack, Assassin's Creed, etc.

And then there was a Dead Rising 2+OTR+DLC Pack from Black Friday that was never used, so who knows about these. #-o
...and Sacred 2 Gold :bouncy:

[quote name='Fatalis Fafnir']I just realized this was Gabe. >.>;;

Winter Sale, my wallet is ready! I just started PC gaming this year, built myself a beast of a gaming PC. I just hope there are unique things on sale that Amazon digital hasn't already given us.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! PC Gaming may require some initial legwork, but its well worth it.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']It's always nice to know who the PERSONA fans are. For whatever reason, PERSONA3 fans are less vocal than the Persona 4 ones, and I regard P3FES to be the superior of the two games. That's just me, though.

Hahaha, that Daily Deal is hilarious. The people on Valve's staff know what they're doing.[/QUOTE]
I love the Persona series too I would have to say I like Persona 4 more though even though I played Persona 3 first.

I have 200+ games on Steam. (yeesh!)

Come at me, Steam. Try to give a deal worth buying with the Backlog of Immense Proportions™

[quote name='EliotAndrews']It's always nice to know who the PERSONA fans are. For whatever reason, PERSONA3 fans are less vocal than the Persona 4 ones, and I regard P3FES to be the superior of the two games. That's just me, though.

Hahaha, that Daily Deal is hilarious. The people on Valve's staff know what they're doing.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed P3:FES a lot. I can't think of another single player game that I've sunk ~100 hours into (I generally get tired of Bethesda games after about 50-60). I think I'll probably give P4 a shot later, but I need a nice long break right now.

im really getting pissed at these Crusader Kings 2 sales. The CK2 Collection NEVEr includes all the dlc. whats up with that. I dont care about all those bonus songs and skins. I just want The dlcs that add to the campaign. bleh

pass

[quote name='cheapo72']Some of the new packs recently added to the CDR for the Holiday Sale:

2K Collection:
Bioshock
Borderlands [Vanilla]
Borderlands 2 [Vanilla]
Civilization V [+ Mongols civ]
The Darkness II
Spec Ops: The Line
X-Com [Classics]
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Ubisoft Collection:
Anno 2070 [Standard]
Assassin's Creed II [Deluxe]
Assassin's Creed: Revelations [Standard]
Assassin's Creed III [Standard]
Far Cry
Far Cry 2 [+ Fortune's Pack]
From Dust
I Am Alive
Might & Magic: Heroes VI [Deluxe]
Rayman: Origins
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier [Standard]
Square-Enix Hits:
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Deus Ex: Human Revolution [Augmented + DLC]
Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman: Absolution [Standard]
Hitman: Sniper Challenge
Just Cause 2
Sleeping Dogs
Thief: The Dark Project - Gold
Thief II: The Metal Age
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
Tomb Raider V: Chronicles
Tomb Raider VI: Angel of Darkness
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Daedelic Bundle:
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
Deponia
Chaos on Deponia
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
A New Beginning
Stardock Pack:
Demigod
Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
The Political Machine 2012

...and old standby franchise packs like Might & Magic, Tom Clancy Pack, Assassin's Creed, etc.

And then there was a Dead Rising 2+OTR+DLC Pack from Black Friday that was never used, so who knows about these. #-o
...and Sacred 2 Gold :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

These packs have no DLC like they used to in the olden (2011) days so it seems like they are going to nickel and dime you for that now.

Also none of the more obscure games. No love for Flora's Fruit farm! ;)

[quote name='JakeNome']im really getting pissed at these Crusader Kings 2 sales. The CK2 Collection NEVEr includes all the dlc. whats up with that. I dont care about all those bonus songs and skins. I just want The dlcs that add to the campaign. bleh

pass[/QUOTE]

That's Paradox for you. How many different variations of the Magicka collection are there now?

If that Ubisoft pack is $50-60 I might get it for Ass Creed 3, From Dust, and Anno.

If it's anything more, I will pass.

Also if you don't own that Square Enix pack, buy it please.

[quote name='Eldredpe']The Stardock and Daedelic packs look kind of nice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I might grab the Daedelic pack depending on the price.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If that Ubisoft pack is $50-60 I might get it for Ass Creed 3, From Dust, and Anno.

If it's anything more, I will pass.

Also if you don't own that Square Enix pack, buy it please.[/QUOTE]

I also think that Ubisoft pack looks sweet, even though I already own Assassins Creed II and Farcry 1 and 2.

[quote name='TheKbob']I have 200+ games on Steam. (yeesh!)

Come at me, Steam. Try to give a deal worth buying with the Backlog of Immense Proportions™[/QUOTE]

At best, that's a backlog of modest proportions. You've got a ways to go before "immense" can be handed out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back