(DEAD) $5 off DVD or Blu-Ray coupon

Did you have to pm the price from online or is 14.99 the price in store as well? Im gonna try to pick up Iron Man tommorow if I can get it for ten bucks.

[quote name='deadbird']Did you have to pm the price from online or is 14.99 the price in store as well? Im gonna try to pick up Iron Man tommorow if I can get it for ten bucks.[/QUOTE]

It rang up $14.99 in store.

[quote name='dafunkk12']My store was all sold out of 13 Assassins. Hopefully they restock before the end of the week. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was weird, I went to get 13 Assassins yesterday, and the store that I went to didn't have it. Pulled it up on the store locator on my phone, and only two stores in the area (out of the first twelve or so results, didn't bother looking any further -- I'm in a major city area, so we have lots of Best Buy stores) had it in stock. Either it was hugely popular, or Best Buy just didn't stock it well. I didn't have time to go to another store last night or today; hopefully one that's not too far out of my way will have it tomorrow.

[quote name='LordStanley1893']Yes still in the dino age lol. I'll probably upgrade early next year to HD & Blu Ray.[/QUOTE]

Should have gotten the combo pack so that you'd be ready for HD when you get it. :)

Anyone here ordered a blu ray online then did in store pick up and used the coupon? Just wondering, what do you do to get the price adjusted with the coupon in this situation? Thanks.

[quote name='D0RC']Anyone here ordered a blu ray online then did in store pick up and used the coupon? Just wondering, what do you do to get the price adjusted with the coupon in this situation? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

coupon says no for bestbuy.com and instore pick up in bold.

FWIW, my store had 2 copies of the DVD version of 13 Assassins on the new release wall (didn't check in-line)...but who wants that old news? /JokeAtExpenseOfNowInferiorFormat

[quote name='D0RC']Anyone here ordered a blu ray online then did in store pick up and used the coupon? Just wondering, what do you do to get the price adjusted with the coupon in this situation? Thanks.[/QUOTE]Best you'd be able to do is to fulfill the order with picking it up, immediately return it and hope the CS desk will let you keep the item and then ring it out in-store.

Guaranteed to probably annoy them with the "pick-up and then immediately return" routine. I'd recommend just going into store without the in-store pickup order.

Picked up Iron Man blu-ray for $10 w/ free ticket to see Captain America (up to $7.50). Cashier told me the coupon wouldn't work since the movie was on sale, tried it anyway, and worked with no problems.

Huh. Pulled up the Best Buy website after work to check stock on 13 Assassins before heading to a store... The two stores that were listed as having it on Tuesday now say out of stock, and a few of the stores that didn't have it now do (but not nearly all). It's like they're rationing them or something.

Went to the nearest store that had it, and there weren't any on the shelf, but the kiosk said they had 5 copies. After about 20 minutes searching for it, the employee that I asked about it found them in the back room. Apparently they had just come in today, and no one had bothered to put them out yet.

[quote name='DK745']Picked up Iron Man blu-ray for $10 w/ free ticket to see Captain America (up to $7.50). Cashier told me the coupon wouldn't work since the movie was on sale, tried it anyway, and worked with no problems.[/QUOTE]
I got the same deal which is awesome cause I was gonna go see Captain America anyways so its like if I got a free copy of Iron Man Blu ray!

[quote name='DK745']Picked up Iron Man blu-ray for $10 w/ free ticket to see Captain America (up to $7.50). Cashier told me the coupon wouldn't work since the movie was on sale, tried it anyway, and worked with no problems.[/QUOTE]

is the movie money info inside the packaging and is there a big sticker on it that says movie money for capt america? i want to make sure before i open mine that i bought the right one with free movie money because the one i bought does not say anything about movie money on the outside packaging!

[quote name='ndelatorre']is the movie money info inside the packaging and is there a big sticker on it that says movie money for capt america? i want to make sure before i open mine that i bought the right one with free movie money because the one i bought does not say anything about movie money on the outside packaging![/QUOTE]

no its a sticker on the outside of the packagiing with a code on the other side of the sticker that you enter on a site to get your ticket.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']no its a sticker on the outside of the packagiing with a code on the other side of the sticker that you enter on a site to get your ticket.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there's a sticker on the outside of it and it's on the back of the sticker. So if you don't see anything about it then you don't have it. I had to look at an endcap to find this; even then only like 1/4 of them had movie cash.

Did anyone notice on the sale tag if the $15 price (pre-coupon) for Iron Man and Dances With Wolves BR's end this Saturday or is it an extended sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neocisco']Did anyone notice on the sale tag if the $15 price (pre-coupon) for Iron Man and Dances With Wolves end this Saturday or is it an extended sale?[/QUOTE]

no sale tags at my store.

[quote name='arcane93']Huh. Pulled up the Best Buy website after work to check stock on 13 Assassins before heading to a store... The two stores that were listed as having it on Tuesday now say out of stock, and a few of the stores that didn't have it now do (but not nearly all). It's like they're rationing them or something.

Went to the nearest store that had it, and there weren't any on the shelf, but the kiosk said they had 5 copies. After about 20 minutes searching for it, the employee that I asked about it found them in the back room. Apparently they had just come in today, and no one had bothered to put them out yet.[/QUOTE]

It seemed like all of the stores around me that had it Tuesday, according to the website. Now, only one within two hours from me has it.

not sure when the sale ends, but carnivale season one is 14.99/dvd. was surprised my location had any in stock. I don't recall seeing it there before. so thrilled to snag this for the 9.99+tax. score

[quote name='barchi01']Bought MST 3000 Volume XX (DVD) for $15.00 after $5.00 off. Also bought 30 Rock Season 3 (DVD) for $12.00 after $5.00 off.[/QUOTE]

MST 3000 Vol XX is $20 in store and $15 after coupon? BB.com is showing it as $44.99?

Picked up 13 Assassin's on Blu Ray. Tried to use the coupon. My register person was extremely angry for some reason and said that the coupon would not work. When I asked kindly if she could try scanning anyways, she scanned it and I believe she hit the cancel button on the prompt screen as opposed to hitting yes...The price rang up $19.07 w/ tax. Might try going back and returning it later.

Hi, I'm trying to get Terminator Salvation with Digital Copy. It says it's in stock at my store but when I go in store it's only the single blu ray disc available?! I notice this happens to other movies on their website too. Are they just lazy to change the bluray/digital copy picture on their site or something?

I've been using and abusing this coupon since it hit...so far I've picked up (prices are after coupon and before tax):

6/21 (one transaction)
-Unknown (Blu-ray/DVD/DC Combo) - $17.99
-The Adjustment Bureau (Blu-ray/DVD/DC Combo) - $17.99

6/28 (one transaction)
-Sucker Punch (Blu-ray/DVD/DC Combo) - $17.99
-Barney's Version (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) - $24.99
-Warrior's Way (DVD) - $11.99 [I know...it's terrible, but I was curious to see for myself; planning to trade it in at a local MovieStop next week]

7/5 (one transaction)
-Hobo with a Shotgun (Blu-ray/DC Combo) - $12.99
-13 Assassins (Blu-ray/DC Combo) - $12.99

7/5 (later that day, after deciding to buy the following)
-Transformers: Headmasters - $14.96 [I took it to customer service and had her price match it with Wal-Mart. I'm a regular, especially with price matching, so she took my word and didn't check - Wal-Mart's price was actually about 10 cents cheaper than what I told her, but I'm not sweating over paying the dime. She didn't even second-guess the coupon, took it right away and made it $5 cheaper]

I believe I also picked up The Legend of Chen Zhen (DVD Collector's Edition), but I don't seem to have my receipt nearby...not sure if I bought it there or not (I usually gauge prices between Wal-Mart, MovieStop, Best Buy, and Amazon, and then make my purchases accordingly).

The only time I even had a hassle was when using three in one transaction on 6/28. I went through a different cashier than the one that rang me up on 6/21 just as a precaution, and I'm guessing this one was fairly new, so she was saying she was pretty sure I couldn't do it. I was polite, asked to her to try, and the cashier who rang me up on 6/21 asked her what was wrong, and when she explained that I had 3 coupons, the 6/21 cashier told her it was alright and rang me through.

Looking to pick up Insidious, The Lincoln Lawyer, and Rango next week with more coupons ready. I'm sure they'll be carrying [REC] 2 (it's finally coming out, everyone!!), but I have it pre-ordered at MovieStop, and I have a few subpar flicks to trade in towards it...plus there's Uncle Boonme Who Can Recall His Past Lives (won the Palm d'Or at Cannes) coming out, but right now Best Buy is listing the DVD for $24.99...and I'm not so sure they'll carry it in stores anyways...

I need to stop using this coupon!!! I keep going back for more! So far i've used it on:

13 Assassin's blu ray
Sucker Punch extended blu ray
From the Earth to the Moon($10 after coupon!!!!)
Step Brothers Blu Ray
Extras Complete Series
Knocked Up Blu Ray
Inglourious Basterds Blu ray
and a few other dvds ive gotten.

haven't had a problem with it being rejected yet, but I think I should lay off for a while.

[quote name='D0RC']Hi, I'm trying to get Terminator Salvation with Digital Copy. It says it's in stock at my store but when I go in store it's only the single blu ray disc available?! I notice this happens to other movies on their website too. Are they just lazy to change the bluray/digital copy picture on their site or something?[/QUOTE]

The digital copy on Terminator Salvation expired on 12/10/10, so they probably only produce one without now. I think it's bogus that those things expire at all. I got burned on mine for Inception because I didn't redeem it right away.

Managed to get the last copy of 13 Assassins at the store I went to last night. Also got a copy of Iron Man for the Capt America movie cash. My buddy noticed that Iron Man 2 had the cash as well and was only 5 bucks more, so since I got the first one, he grabbed the second.

Coupon worked fine on all of them.

[quote name='speedy05']also got 13 Assassins

I have to ask, how is Hobo with a Shotgun?[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a chance to watch it just yet, but the reviews are mostly positive, declaring it to be a nice homage to 70s and 80s exploitation and vigilante cinema. My interest was initially sparked by Rutger Hauer appearing in a starring role again (in a film that didn't completely slip under the radar, at least).

I'm assuming this is a discontinued SKU, since it's no longer even on their website. But if you guys are looking for a big DVD set to use the coupon on, try this one.

Transformers: The Complete Series(Matrix Of Leadership edition):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

Ignore the fact that the link says Halo Reach towards the end of it, since I had to use the SKU swap trick to get the search to pop up for the TF set.

If this link isn't working for you on Firefox/etc, then try clicking it in IE.

Went back to the store and used the coupon successfully on 13 Assassins. Promptly returned the other one I bought at regular sale price (17.99). Also picked up Whip It (green BD case).

This coupon is awesome, I won't name all of the titles I've bought (Presents for the wife), but I've used this coupon for; NCIS Season 3 and Resident Evil Extinction.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Picked up 13 Assassin's on Blu Ray. Tried to use the coupon. My register person was extremely angry for some reason and said that the coupon would not work. When I asked kindly if she could try scanning anyways, she scanned it and I believe she hit the cancel button on the prompt screen as opposed to hitting yes...The price rang up $19.07 w/ tax. Might try going back and returning it later.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'd have told her "Now scan it again and hit the 'yes' button at the prompt this time. I know for a fact that it will work if you don't cancel it yourself. We can do this all day if you want." If she refused, I'd have demanded that she call a manager. I definitely wouldn't have even let her complete the sale at $19.07.

Glad that you finally managed to get the deal elsewhere later, but you shouldn't have even had to go to that much extra work.

Well I gave it a shot and they refused to use the coupon because the wording on it specifically said it only worked on regular priced movies and I was getting Hall Pass which of course was on sale. Considering most their regular priced movies are over priced this coupon is a complete waste if they wont let me use it on sale items. Appreciate the OP sharing it however, apparently my BB is a complete pain in the ass to deal with.

[quote name='kitm9891']Well I gave it a shot and they refused to use the coupon because the wording on it specifically said it only worked on regular priced movies and I was getting Hall Pass which of course was on sale. Considering most their regular priced movies are over priced this coupon is a complete waste if they wont let me use it on sale items. Appreciate the OP sharing it however, apparently my BB is a complete pain in the ass to deal with.[/QUOTE]I've run into that issues previously, and I told the reps who questioned it to scan it and see if it works.

With the exception of it not working with the package discount for buying two movies at once, they've always worked on sale items without question.

I'd try it again and use the tactics above to see if they work.

[quote name='Against All Odds']Is there a mobile version of this coupon by any chance?[/QUOTE]

It's a pdf so that's about as mobile as it gets. Show it to them on your screen or just have them type in the sku of the coupon and it will work.

M

[quote name='DarkKnightCecil']If you use this on a transaction with multiple items that apply, does it apply to all of the movies or just one?[/QUOTE]

just one. But many people have used multiple coupons in one transaction.

Anyone know if this Superman is two disc for some reason? I bought an unopened one from my local pawnshop and when I opened it, there were two disc holders inside with only one blu ray disc, the movie. So I'm not sure if there suppose to be two discs inside it or if they just recycled a blu ray case. Thanks.

[quote name='Shan82']Any good buys for this week that people are getting with the coupon?[/QUOTE]
Rango for $10 after manu. & this coupon. Hurt Locker for $10 after coupon.

So far this week I've snagged Iron Man 2 $9.99 (w/Capt America movie cash), Insidious $12.99 & The Lincoln Lawyer for $10.99. I also plan on getting in on that Rango deal Friday.

[quote name='LordStanley1893']So far this week I've snagged Iron Man 2 $9.99 (w/Capt America movie cash), Insidious $12.99 & The Lincoln Lawyer for $10.99. I also plan on getting in on that Rango deal Friday.[/QUOTE]

Was the Iron man 2 on DVD or bluray?

bread's done
Back