GGT 179: featuring a link to the extended Ches-ka/Mo Chocolate sex scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skies of Arcadia is the final boss that all JRPGs must face.

Breath of Fire is the optional, super-powerful boss who drops the best weapon in the game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Of course it looks bad. It'd DOA.[/QUOTE]

DoA 2-4 were decent fighters that looked great. This looks like garbage and we don't know how they play.

Hold the fuck up.

There's a reverse side to the cover art for Xenoblade Chronicles? You can switch out screenshot marketing Spanish ESRB shit for a nice little concept art mural thing?

OlHZe.gif

[quote name='MSUHitman']DoA 2-4 were decent fighters that looked great. This looks like garbage and we don't know how they play.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I never thought any of them looked very good. Then again, I never liked them.

[quote name='The Crotch']Skies of Arcadia is the final boss that all JRPGs must face.[/QUOTE]

I liked Skies more for the concept. Skyship pirates. HELL YES.

However, the execution wasn't anything special, plus in the DC version they had some incredibly tedious battle mechanics (couldn't skip attack cut scenes, of which there were SHITLOADS) and areas where it was random battles everywhere. More than anything, though, I was pissed how they short-changed crewing your ship and ship-to-ship battles. They could have added a lot of easy depth to the game if they'd have included more crew members, scattered them far and wide, and improved the ship battle mechanics.

God, it's been forever since I played that game. I remember it was the first title I really used the VMU for, there were some ship relics or idols or whatever they were called that I just had to have for my tricked out ride. So I was taking my VMU with me on the commute to work for quite a while.

One time a very attractive, fashion model looking type asked me, Do they make cell phones *that* small? I had to pretend like it was a cell phone for the rest of the ride.

I know it catches a lot of well-deserved shit, but goddammit I loved the DC. I'm not much of a Sega fan in general, either, I just loved that console. It was goofy in all the best ways.

Never played the DC version; I'd heard that random battles were really overdone in that one.

Ship battles were a lot of fun, but they were a little on the easy side...

Dreamcast was the shit.

I want a legit complete version of Skies of Arcadia. Put it on PSN/XBLA/Steam. Do it, Sega.

Gamecube one had more shit, the extra downloadable stuff from the DC version available from the start, faster loading, toned down random encounters, and compressed sound to fit it on one GC disc. So gimme the best of everything and I'll buy a 3rd copy, you fucks.

[quote name='The Crotch']Ship battles were a lot of fun, but they were a little on the easy side...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all they had to do was give them meaningful mechanics, and then give us a bunch more options for crew members. It's one of those "sum of the parts" deals, because I doubt that it would have taken much effort to beef up the ship battles and staffing.

I'm still in love with that concept, any time you've got floating islands and funky airships, I'm right there with you.

One thing I resented was that random mobs attacked me by boarding *my* ship. It's like going out with friends, when I get the feeling that everyone always wants to come to my place because I actually clean up.

I wanted to have a sit-down with the mobs, and say, Hey, it's a huge compliment that you think my ship is cool and everything, but would it be okay if we did this battle at your place for a change?

So as long as money never goes back to Sony, my stance against consoles is cool about fixing right?

I just realized yesterday I want to finish up that Yakuza 4 and put all my PSone games on my PSP.

[quote name='j-cart']So as long as money never goes back to Sony, my stance against consoles is cool about fixing right?

I just realized yesterday I want to finish up that Yakuza 4 and put all my PSone games on my PSP.[/QUOTE]

Technically if you bought it from a store your money would go to them.

I never played Skies of Arcadia cuz the guy at the flea market wouldn't sell it to me for $12 instead of $17.

Persona fighter has a release date of August 2nd in Japan. Amazon thinks it'll be stateside by the 7th. They did out the new God of War game, but I'm not holding my breath.

Cuz then I'll die.

Blah blah blah, just buy a new PS3 or fix it or be quiet. I went through four PS1s, you don't see me crying about it nonstop. $300, $200, $150, and $150. Had to have it.

Though honestly if my PS3 died tomorrow, I'd bitch and moan about it. But I'd need one for TTT2. . .

I'm on my 5th 360, I think. . . Now that thing is a pile of shit. And yet I keep going back to them.

Eh whatever, 360 and PS3 both suck. There you go.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Blah blah blah, just buy a new PS3 or fix it or be quiet. I went through four PS1s, you don't see me crying about it nonstop. $300, $200, $150, and $150. Had to have it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this.

I've had to go through about three or four 360s and two PS3s.

I've had two 360's and two PS3's (although that is because one was stolen). Also, two PSPs (because one was stolen). I also traded my original DS up for a pink DSLite back when those came out, and I upgraded to a GBA SP when those came out from my original GBA (that backlight was ground breaking, haha).

[quote name='distgfx']Oh, if we're gonna be like that, then I've had about six or seven 360s and two PS3s.[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of stolen 360's...

My DC died, and I never replaced it (own most of the games I like on something else now anyways though, which wasn't all that many since it died before I had too many games for it). My fat launch PS2 is still working fine.

[quote name='The Crotch']Wonder if my Game Boy still works...[/QUOTE]

I think mine probably still does, I'd have to put some batteries in it to test it out (it actually had a battery explode in it when I was a kid from being left in my dad's hot truck for a few hours though, worked fine after we cleaned the battery acid out though). I still have mine sitting in my current apartment to display it, haha. The screen is super scratched, I played that thing all the time as a kid, especially when Pokemon came out, but I also played a ton of Mario Land 2 and original Kirby as well.

--

Also, I just realized, this might be the first fighting game that I actually owned (since it came out before Soul Calibur):

574750_34069_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell are you guys doing to your consoles? Do you keep them on shag carpet in a woodworking shop?

I've had a DC die and a GC die, and I got them both replaced through menacing phone calls and threats of angry letter writing.

Or I took advantage of manufacturer warranties. Whatever.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']My OG PS2 still works, got two fatties with 320 GB HDDs. My Xbox is toast though. Figures.[/QUOTE]

Both of my launch PS2s still work. Xbox still works too.

[quote name='icebeast']
Also, I just realized, this might be the first fighting game that I actually owned (since it came out before Soul Calibur):
[/QUOTE]

Saw this picture and started looking for it. Yup I still own the game. Tough fighting game too.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Moving parts, yo.[/QUOTE]

So true. I just want everything I bought back with me.

Original xbox is the only thing that's died on me. Hard drive failure or something.

Hell, my modded PS1 still works, you just have to flip that baby upside down for it to read games.

My original 360 (bought in fall 2007) got the RROD a couple months after the 3 year warranty expired.

Other than that, I've never had a console die. Old NES had issues with lines on the screen, but a whack on the side cleared them up.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Those are leis, icebeast. We're talking about lay's.[/QUOTE]

:drool:
But real talk, who is Josh laying that isn't me?

lays-barbecue-chips-bag-front.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Josh has been fucking Mikey right under your nose.

May I suggest a 3 way?[/QUOTE]

I'm not Joel. :speaktothehand:
I might be willing to watch though. :whistle2:$

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm not into 3 ways....[/QUOTE]

I am very near positive you talked about tag teaming someone during a Skype conversation. Something like, "We should totally tag team her, you and me dawg!" (perhaps you were joking though... :whistle2:k).

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I knew you'd show up to say that. ^__^[/QUOTE]
Yep, my belt flashed and I knew something was afoot.

[quote name='icebeast']I am very near positive you talked about tag teaming someone during a Skype conversation. Something like, "We should totally tag team her, you and me dawg!" (perhaps you were joking though... :whistle2:k).[/QUOTE]
While I may talk about tag teaming bitches on the regular, it is just joking, dawg. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back