GGT 70 wants to flyyyyyyy SKY HIGH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DarkNessBear']Superman vs Batman really? I havent been following it - but it's not even a fight[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. Just like PSN vs. XBL.
Batman wins every time. :cool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, I know. Just like PSN vs. XBL.
Batman wins every time. :cool:[/QUOTE]

But Batman wears black, not white. Nor does wear green.

hahahaha, holy shit. I thought class started tomorrow, but my school's actually giving us MLK day off. I guess there's a lot more black people here than I thought.

Pretty excited. Gonna play some more FFXII

[quote name='corrosivefrost'](1) You're just playing DS? Shame on you.
(2) The bold is supposed to be rhetorical, right?[/QUOTE]

1. Yeah :whistle2:#
Great atmosphere. And I'm interested in what's coming next which is rare.
So far, plaing on medium and plasma only. Should I be selling the semiconductor things?
And will power nodes become plentiful because I've only found like 5 and used 2 on doors.

2. Yup.

[quote name='dallow']1. Yeah :whistle2:#
Great atmosphere. Am I'm interested in what's coming next which is rare.
So far, plaing on medium and plasma only. Should I be selling the semiconductor things?
And will power nodes become plentiful because I've only found like 5 and used 2 on doors.

2. Yup.[/QUOTE]

Yes, sell semiconductors... they're basically cash boosts to help you buy ammo/health/armor/upgrades.

I know I had enough power nodes in one playthrough to fully upgrade plasma cutter/stasis/etc.

[quote name='KingBroly']But Batman wears black, not white. Nor does wear green.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Always bet on black. ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']BlueScrote -- I was in the TEasy thread today and it seems Clayton says maybe third week in January there could be return in stock or the announcement; just a heads up since I know you were interested.[/QUOTE]

awesome, thanks frosty, I'll keep my eyes on it.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood SP seems like a direct extension of AC2, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

[quote name='BlueScrote']
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood SP seems like a direct extension of AC2, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

A good thing IMO. Loved AC2. Looking forward to Brotherhood when I eventually get matched up for it on Goozex.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. To an extent anyway. Need some changes after 1 or 2 sequels to keep a series fresh.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You're all posting on a video game message board. No one has any right to pull the nerd label :rofl:[/QUOTE]

NNNNNNNNNNNeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrdddddddd.

:grouphug:

[quote name='distgfx']NNNNNNNNNNNeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrdddddddd.

:grouphug:
[/QUOTE]

NNNNNNNNNooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddd.

noid.gif

fuck the cagcast is so obnoxious and terrible now.

I'm unsubscribing. Is there a good alternative podcast? I listen to Giantbomb and sometimes rebelfm/weekend confirm. Need another.

Shipwrecks rants are ridiculous and completely moronic.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same about the CAGcast now, Bear (I'm still listening because some eps are better than others). I'd suggest Electric Hydra, it's funny and they do talk industry a bit. It's Jim Sterling, though, so if you hate him you might want to stay away.

Just got back from GS! Used the e-mail coupon to pick up DOAX2, Genji: Days of the Blade, and Space Invaders Extreme 2. This is the third copy of DOAX2 I've bought! I keep lending them to people and it keeps "getting lost" at their places. Finally going to get to play it for myself! So, hellooooooo Kasumi!

I've played 10 minutes of Space Invaders so far, it's AMAZING. It's the Pac-Man CE DX of Space Invaders.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Shipwrecks rants are ridiculous and completely moronic.[/QUOTE]

What did he say? I'm sure as hell not listening to it, lol.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']fuck the cagcast is so obnoxious and terrible now.

I'm unsubscribing. Is there a good alternative podcast? I listen to Giantbomb and sometimes rebelfm/weekend confirm. Need another.

Shipwrecks rants are ridiculous and completely moronic.[/QUOTE]

I could never get into podcasts. I can't pay attention long enough. Too easy for me to lose concentration and do something else while listening.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']This is the third copy of DOAX2 I've bought! I keep lending them to people and it keeps "getting lost" at their places. [/QUOTE]

Yes, "getting lost" :joystick:. ;)

[quote name='BlueScrote']I could never get into podcasts. I can't pay attention long enough. Too easy for me to lose concentration and do something else while listening.[/QUOTE]

This. Especially when it's random nerds talking about whether they liked games or not... I like that cheapyd started this site, but I don't really give a flying fuck what he thinks about a particular game. :lol: When I'm working/gymming/driving... gimme music any day. I used to listen to music while gaming when grinding in FF7 and such or playing a fighting game, but not so much anymore. Maybe eventually if I ever set up a true home theatre environment.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This. Especially when it's random nerds talking about whether they liked games or not... I like that cheapyd started this site, but I don't really give a flying fuck what he thinks about a particular game. :lol: When I'm working/gymming/driving... gimme music any day. I used to listen to music while gaming when grinding in FF7 and such or playing a fighting game, but not so much anymore. Maybe eventually if I ever set up a true home theatre environment.[/QUOTE]

I read enough about games online now, that I get enough 'professional' insight into gaming wihtout having to listen to people blab on and on.

Playing Assassin Manager 2010 is fun.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I could never get into podcasts. I can't pay attention long enough. Too easy for me to lose concentration and do something else while listening.[/QUOTE]
Why would you only listen to a podcast? I only listen to them while doing work, playing games, driving, etc. Most of the podcasts I listen to have comedic elements that round them out without just focusing on tech, sports, or games.

I think the CAgcast is fine. I just wish they would just ignore the Sony fanboys. I swear every 5-10 shows they read an email from one of them and it's just the same shit again and again about how they CAGcasts hates Sony.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why would you only listen to a podcast? I only listen to them while doing work, playing games, driving, etc. Most of the podcasts I listen to have comedic elements that round them out without just focusing on tech, sports, or games.[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty much what I do. I'll listen to one while grinding in an RPG, at work, driving or whatever else I might do.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why would you only listen to a podcast? I only listen to them while doing work, playing games, driving, etc. Most of the podcasts I listen to have comedic elements that round them out without just focusing on tech, sports, or games.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this. I do a lot of driving/walking throughout the week, so I couldn't live without my podcasts. And you definitely have to find ones that are suited to your tastes as well. All the podcasts I listen to tend to have more comedy than anything else (well, all except for the Irrational podcasts, which are just really interesting to me). If you can find a podcast that you like, then it's just like having a good radio show suited to your interests that can be listened to any time of the day for free.

[quote name='CaptainJoel'] I'd suggest Electric Hydra, it's funny and they do talk industry a bit. It's Jim Sterling, though, so if you hate him you might want to stay away.
[/QUOTE]

Heck yes, Electric Hydra. *high-five*

I tend to not be able to fully concentrate on either task when trying to work and listen to a podcast. Although I suppose gaming/grinding would work.

Gaming podcast are pretty dumb when it's about current games.
I only like the ones where you learn stuff like Retronauts (retro, obscure, factoids) and A Life Well Wasted (which is basically a lot like This American Life).

Both of those shows are pretty much dead at this point, though it seems like Retronauts had their first show in months last week and will be back once more at PAX East.

I like the developer's shows (Full Moon Show, Kojima Productions, PixelJunk Radio, Irrational Behavior, Harmonix) that feature a lot of good, interesting discussions about what they're working on, what's going on in the industry, and any guests they can get from other developers. I enjoyed Insomniac's special episodes about what went on during the making of Girl With a Stick, Resistance, and Resistance 2.

Then there are the shows with personalities that I like listening to even if they're in new places (4th String (Sports Anomaly cast), 8-4 Play, HD Nation (DL.TV cast), Geekbox, RebelFM, SModcast, Tony Kornheiser Show, Drunk Tank, Giant Bomb, Screened, Tested).

I used to listen to SModcast, Giant Bomb and some comic book podcast I can't remember. But it's been about a year since I listen to a podcast.

[quote name='icebeast']I don't think I've ever listened to a podcast (in fact I'm not entirely sure what one is)... I must not be hip.[/QUOTE]

It's a group of people talking for an hour expressing there views and opinions on a certain topic. The trick is finding people you can stand listening to for an hour. I stopped listening to several podcasts within minutes just because I found their voices annoying or they weren't intelligent sounding, saying "uhhhhh" or "like" every other word.

They're best when you want to pass the time quickly like commuting or working out.

[quote name='icebeast']I don't think I've ever listened to a podcast (in fact I'm not entirely sure what one is)... I must not be hip.[/QUOTE]

Podcast = talk radio, basically. You get a bunch of people that sit down and record a show then it goes up to iTunes or whatever. Lots of people download it to their iPods or other portable media devices and listen to the shows.

LIke CAGCast is just CheapD and Wombat talking about whatever gaming related is on their agenda for the episode.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I use them for my bus rides to work since I can't read or play games on a vehicle. Makes me sick to my stomach :([/QUOTE]

Same here. :(

That's moot most of the time though for me because I am usually driving, so I can't do those things anyway.

I don't even listen to CAGCast anymore. Most podcasts are either boring, annoying or both. I'll listen to news or audiobooks, though.

[quote name='distgfx']Can't stand podcasts, they're soooooo booooooooring.[/QUOTE]

That's such a general statement though. It's like people who say that TV is bad. The trick is finding the rare stuff that you actually like.

I liked Retronauts, but it died :(

It was going downhill for a little while, but man... there were a lot of great episodes of that. And since they're only talking about old shit anyway, it doesn't really matter when you listen to it

[quote name='distgfx']Can't stand podcasts, they're soooooo booooooooring.[/QUOTE]

i know ive told you before, but video podcasts are better but most of the time not by much. I think the only podcast I watch now is bytejacker, but then again the guys who run it are my friends and I'm in their video game.

I used to listen to a small handful of podcasts, but that has mostly died down now. Mostly since 1UP Yours went away and now Retronauts is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back