Golgo 13's No Pantsu Anime & Manga Thread

[quote name='Moxio']I don't see why'd you'd brag about that. It's having the opposite effect on me. :lol:[/QUOTE]
If you watch enough anime, you actually gain superpowers! Try it!

Wow... thats alot.
You could try Eureka 7
Some people liked Code Geass and a new season is starting, I think a new Macross is starting but I havent watched it.
Your list is missing Cowboy Bebop, but I assume you've seen that. Samurai Champloo was also pretty good.
Samurai 7 was sort of a modern remake of Seven Samurai in Anime form and you might like that.
Berserk is good and the manga takes it further.
You can watch the Miyazaki movies, Princess Mononoke was good.
Hunter x Hunter was suppose to be good, although I heard the manga goes farther.
Also Great Teacher Onizuka is funny and entertaining.

Just try searching around on various anime sites.
Ill try to help some but my knowledge is limited and I usually only watch shonen.

[quote name='jaykrue']
Azumanga Daioh
Blood+
Death Note
Final Fantasy: Advent Children
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell
GITS: SAC
GITS: SAC 2nd Gig
Hellsing
Naruto
Night Walker : Midnight Detective
Prince of Tennis
Read Or Die OVA
Shaman King
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The New One?
Witch Hunter Robin[/quote]

Cut down your list to what I've seen. Bolded the ones that I modified a bit. I've seen more than just those , those are just the ones from jaykrue's list.

Finishing off Escaflowne tonight. Whoooo!

[quote name='jaykrue']Bleh. I'm in a dry spell. Someone recommend me a new anime. -_-[/quote]

I recommend Miami Guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Guns

Rightstuf has each volume for $5.99 (4 volumes total).

It is FUNNY AS HELL. I must be the only one here who owns or has seen it because I don't think I ever heard anyone else talk about it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I recommend Miami Guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Guns

Rightstuf has each volume for $5.99 (4 volumes total).

It is FUNNY AS HELL. I must be the only one here who owns or has seen it because I don't think I ever heard anyone else talk about it.[/quote]

Interesting. I just might check that out, thanks!

[quote name='StarKnightX']Cut down your list to what I've seen. Bolded the ones that I modified a bit. I've seen more than just those , those are just the ones from jaykrue's list.

Finishing off Escaflowne tonight. Whoooo![/quote]

Out of your bolded ones, I think Night Walker is the only one I haven't seen. And the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show I'm talkin' about was this cheesy 2 OVA eps. made in 1996 that had the Turtles seem more sentai like and they actually combined to form something called the Turtle Saint.:roll:

[quote name='SeanAmI122886']Wow... thats alot.
You could try Eureka 7
Some people liked Code Geass and a new season is starting, I think a new Macross is starting but I havent watched it.
Your list is missing Cowboy Bebop, but I assume you've seen that. Samurai Champloo was also pretty good.
Samurai 7 was sort of a modern remake of Seven Samurai in Anime form and you might like that.
Hunter x Hunter was suppose to be good, although I heard the manga goes farther.

Ill try to help some but my knowledge is limited and I usually only watch shonen.[/quote]

Seen'em all except for the new Macross & the new season of Code Geass but I'll definitely keep them in mind.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']That's nothing.

jaykrue, I can't help but notice that Revolutionary Girl Utena, Princess Tutu, Jubei-chan, and Monster aren't on that list. Do something about it![/quote]

Oops. :hot::oops: I've actually seen those as well. Sorry! :oops:

[quote name='SeanAmI122886']Wow... thats alot.
You could try Eureka 7

Ill try to help some but my knowledge is limited and I usually only watch shonen.[/QUOTE]

Out of those , I've also seen Eureka 7 , Bebop , Shamploo , many of the miyazaki movies and some of Berserk. GTO is on my to watch list. Eureka 7 was good , but I think I'm gonna have to re-watch to better appreciate it. Bebop was great , of course. Shamploo was similar to bebop but not quite as good. Too many lull episodes. Liked what I saw of berserk and plan to pick it up and finish it sooner or later. Miyazaki movies are pretty much all good.

[quote name='jaykrue']Out of your bolded ones, I think Night Walker is the only one I haven't seen. And the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show I'm talkin' about was this cheesy 2 OVA eps. made in 1996 that had the Turtles seem more sentai like and they actually combined to form something called the Turtle Saint.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit of a TMNT buff , but I've never seen that one. Not that it looks like it's worth watching anyway.:) As for Night Walker , I liked it , detective show with vampires. The DVD(s) for it have been discontinued but right stuff still has the first one in the bargain bin for $2.99:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/OCsTYW-2Y1k=-5fJ10/browse/item/58714/4/0/-2334

Sadly , I've never found the second volume to go along with the first.

On another note , I was surprised to find that included in the Right Stuff Funimation sale , they have One Piece Season 1 part 1 available, I thought 4kids had a lock on the first 100 or so episodes of the show until 2009? Not that I'm complaining mind you.;)

[quote name='StarKnightX']I'm a bit of a TMNT buff , but I've never seen that one. Not that it looks like it's worth watching anyway.:)[/quote]

Believe me, you're definitely not missing anything. :puke:

I was looking through Right Stuffs weekly sale list to see if there was anything worth getting (don't worry , this week I did the looking myself , not putting the work on everybody else this time;)) and wanted to see if these seemed alright.

First , can everybody refresh my memory of what the diffence is between the regular release and limited edition release of "The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzimaya"?

Depending on that , I was planning to pick up the limited edition of volume 4 and either the Anime Legends set of Crest of the Stars or the Anime Legends release of Yukikaze.

Any thoughts on for or against one or the other?

Is there anything else out there like Mahoromatic and Chobits.
For some reason I have a thing for Android Anime Girls.

[quote name='StarKnightX']First , can everybody refresh my memory of what the diffence is between the regular release and limited edition release of "The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzimaya"?

Depending on that , I was planning to pick up the limited edition of volume 4 and either the Anime Legends set of Crest of the Stars or the Anime Legends release of Yukikaze.

Any thoughts on for or against one or the other?[/QUOTE]
The limited edition versions of Haruhi 2-4 contain an extra disc, Japanese language with subs only, of the show as it aired in broadcast order. Each limited edition release also comes with a music single, pencil board, and a cosplay-type item.

Crest of the Stars and Yukikaze are both decent, but the former will give you much more bang for your buck with its 13 episodes. You might want to check to see if Best Buy is still offering it for cheap before purchasing from Rightstuf, though.

[quote name='InuFaye']Is there anything else out there like Mahoromatic and Chobits.
For some reason I have a thing for Android Anime Girls.[/QUOTE]
Steel Angel Kurumi.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Steel Angel Kurumi.[/quote]

Yes. I LOVE that show. I picked it up a few years ago and it was worth every penny.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Steel Angel Kurumi.[/QUOTE]
Wow, Kurumi is so forgettable that I totally forgot about its existence when he asked his question! Though it'll probably be right up his alley...

Are there any good sport anime recommendation? I already finished Hikaru no Go and Fighting Spirits and Slam Dunk. Thanks.

[quote name='hero101']Are there any good sport anime recommendation? I already finished Hikaru no Go and Fighting Spirits and Slam Dunk. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Princess Nine is most excellent.

I just realized that saw all the anime above this post. Maybe I watch too much anime, well not enough as Guile. I just added Kamichu to my netflix queue. Anime about girls with god like power sounds cool. Anything like Neo Ranga drives me to sleep.

Prince of Tennis was alright. Superpowered tennis moves and whacky techniques. Princess Nine seems too emotional for me. Whistle is pretty good. Seems more realistic than Captain Tsubasa.

[quote name='hero101']Prince of Tennis was alright. Superpowered tennis moves and whacky techniques. [/quote]
Yeah, that gets ridiculous by the end of the show, but it's good for most of it before that.

[quote name='hero101']Anime about girls with god like power sounds cool. [/quote]

Women kicking ass is always entertaining, anime or otherwise. :)

[quote name='InuFaye']I wish I could understand WTF is going on in the first episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya[/quote]

It's just a movie they made for school.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
It's just a movie they made for school.
[/quote]

HAHA
That explains alot.

Thanks.

[quote name='suko_32']The PoT anime is pretty bad compared to the manga.[/quote]

I agree...

And I'm so sad that Prince of Tennis is over :(

Does anyone watch Hell Girl? I've watched the first 4 eps and it just seems like its the same thing over and over thus far. Is there any actual plot to this other than its a slice of life where someone gives up their soul so Hell Girl will kill someone who wronged them?I usually try to stick with shows til the end ("Human Crossing" being the highest achievement of my will power) but this show actually seems like i'm watching the same episode just with different faces. Other than that, I finished Speed Grapher. Another meh anime that had its moments. One good thing about the show is that it had quite an array of interesting characters.

10 more days til Place Promised on Blu-Ray. God I hope it has english subs.

[quote name='Bezerker']Does anyone watch Hell Girl? I've watched the first 4 eps and it just seems like its the same thing over and over thus far. Is there any actual plot to this other than its a slice of life where someone gives up their soul so Hell Girl will kill someone who wronged them?[/QUOTE]
It keeps the same formula throughout. You've basically seen all there is to see.

[quote name='Bezerker']Does anyone watch Hell Girl? I've watched the first 4 eps and it just seems like its the same thing over and over thus far. Is there any actual plot to this other than its a slice of life where someone gives up their soul so Hell Girl will kill someone who wronged them?I usually try to stick with shows til the end ("Human Crossing" being the highest achievement of my will power) but this show actually seems like i'm watching the same episode just with different faces. Other than that, I finished Speed Grapher. Another meh anime that had its moments. One good thing about the show is that it had quite an array of interesting characters.

10 more days til Place Promised on Blu-Ray. God I hope it has english subs.[/quote]

Hell Girl is pretty much the same every eps and the plot doesn't really develop till the last 6 eps. and even then, you still have the 2nd season. I only watched it because I'm in love w/ the main character's VA's voice. Ever since I heard Mamiko Noto's voice as Yakumo in School Rumble, I've been watching every show I know she's in (even if the show is repetitive).

[quote name='Bezerker']Does anyone watch Hell Girl? I've watched the first 4 eps and it just seems like its the same thing over and over thus far. Is there any actual plot to this other than its a slice of life where someone gives up their soul so Hell Girl will kill someone who wronged them?I usually try to stick with shows til the end ("Human Crossing" being the highest achievement of my will power) but this show actually seems like i'm watching the same episode just with different faces. Other than that, I finished Speed Grapher. Another meh anime that had its moments. One good thing about the show is that it had quite an array of interesting characters.

10 more days til Place Promised on Blu-Ray. God I hope it has english subs.[/quote]

Yea Hell Girl eps are the same, but i enjoyed them all so far.

[quote name='jaykrue']Hell Girl is pretty much the same every eps and the plot doesn't really develop till the last 6 eps. and even then, you still have the 2nd season. I only watched it because I'm in love w/ the main character's VA's voice. Ever since I heard Mamiko Noto's voice as Yakumo in School Rumble, I've been watching every show I know she's in (even if the show is repetitive).[/quote]
isnt the 2nd season a live action one?

[quote name='xeno']isnt the 2nd season a live action one?[/quote]

No, that's wholly separate. The 2nd season is called Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori.

Mamiko Noto as Hell Girl saying "Ippen Shinde Miru? (Shall I show you death? or Would you like to try death?)" Kirin can probably translate this more accurately :lol: :

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-g_gje7Smc[/media]
goddamn, that's sexy.:drool:

Mamiko Noto as Hell Girl saying "Ippen Shinde Miru? (Shall I show you death? or Would you like to try death?)" Kirin can probably translate this more accurately :lol: :

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-g_gje7Smc[/media]

Can anyone tell me if the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya actually has a central plot tying it together or is it just random?

Alright good.

I have been watching the past 4 episodes, and I am just kinda getting a couple of small plot things. I hope it picks up.

We also demand a YouTube video of Rei doing the Haruhi dance.

[quote name='Liquid 2']That scene is from Tenjou Tenge.

The Japanese sure do love their stereotypes.[/quote]

the black nurse/doctor in FMP was too much, in the intro where they're all saluting ... something is not like the others :hot:

[quote name='Liquid 2']That scene is from Tenjou Tenge.

The Japanese sure do love their stereotypes.[/quote] How is his use of Capoeira a stereotype?

After watching stuff from FMP again, I really want Kyoto to work on the next series of that. I mean, it's been like three years since The Second Raid came out.

[quote name='karsh']After watching stuff from FMP again, I really want Kyoto to work on the next series of that. I mean, it's been like three years since The Second Raid came out.[/quote]

Not to mention the fact that they introduce all these characters who seemingly have depth but never find out what happens to them. TSR seems too much like an 'Empire Strikes Back' in that you feel like the story hasn't quite fully finished yet.

[quote name='jaykrue']Not to mention the fact that they introduce all these characters who seemingly have depth but never find out what happens to them. TSR seems too much like an 'Empire Strikes Back' in that you feel like the story hasn't quite fully finished yet.[/quote]

Yeah, even more so since I've heard from people who've read the novels that Leonard plays a huge role in the later stories. They've completely set up the further stories, yet they haven't actually made them yet. I mean, we all know they're eventually gonna make more FMP, but hopefully sometime soon before I forget TSR, :lol:

[quote name='karsh']Yeah, even more so since I've heard from people who've read the novels that Leonard plays a huge role in the later stories. They've completely set up the further stories, yet they haven't actually made them yet. I mean, we all know they're eventually gonna make more FMP, but hopefully sometime soon before I forget TSR, :lol:[/quote]

Man, that sucks. I've already forgotten most of the characters' names (except for Tessa as the image of her wearing only a shirt is seared into my mind's eye:lol: ) so I don't even remember who Leonard is. At least it's a good excuse for me to go back & re-watch the whole FMP run and hype myself up again in hopes of future shows.:cool:

[quote name='jaykrue']Man, that sucks. I've already forgotten most of the characters' names (except for Tessa as the image of her wearing only a shirt is seared into my mind's eye:lol: ) so I don't even remember who Leonard is. At least it's a good excuse for me to go back & re-watch the whole FMP run and hype myself up again in hopes of future shows.:cool:[/quote]

Leonard is Tessa's brother who showed up in TSR. He sorta stalks Chidori throughout the show and steals a kiss from her. He apparently has knowledge of Whispered. Man, this is seriously making me wanna go back and rewatch all of FMP again too.

bread's done
Back