Mavs to the Finals: Congrats to the Heat

Logicly stackhouse just got those stiches and so on due to shaqs hard foul and he wasnt suspended a game?
But shaqs foul on stackhouse wasn't intentional.

I don't care about whether the foul was warranted, was flagrant, was hard, etc.

The only thing that pisses me off is that the league is playing a hand in trying to determine the outcome of the series. Game 5 would be much better with Stackhouse than without. You should be allowed to play your best players on the court unless they go out and do something just completely crazy. I don't think it deserved a one game suspension, and I think Stu Jackson sucks.
It stackhouse's fault.

[quote name='DT778']Here's the ingame version. Mute it so you dont get influenced by the announcers.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-CCknwBTQBk&search=stackhouse In the beginning they say the official is also trying to stop shaq from getting to stackhouse but he looks more like he's talking to the official or more likely looking at walker telling stackhouse how much of a punk bitch he is. If shaq really wanted to go after stackhouse he could have easily got by wade.[/quote]

After already seeing the replay several times, it's clear Stackhouse was going for the ball. He lead with his left hand trying to swat at the ball and then came with his right hand, which hit Shaq in the head.

Stackhouse was going for the ball but had every intention of fouling Shaq hard. I don't know how long you guys have been watching basketball, but when you're in a playoff series and are getting blown out, you don't just let your opponent have any easy baskets. That's showing them you're giving up, and Stackhouse was about one of the only Mavs who didn't give up.

I applaud Stack for doing something very few players in the league have the balls to do. I hope he does the same thing if the situation presents itself.

Miami registered a 4.0 on the richter scale when Shaq hit the ground

Edit: I know some of you guys think he shouldn't have been suspended, but look at the other suspensions in these playoffs, Terry being suspended for punching Finley in the balls, and I think Ron Artest for throwing a forearm, if Ron Artest is suspended for that, Stackhouse should definetly be suspended

Shaq's elbow's aren't always accidental? I know he's 300 pounds and what not, but how often do big centers (other than Dikembe Mutombo) hit multiple guys in the face, and break one guys nose open?

This is THE FINALS! Not a semifinal game for a team that has no chance (Sacramento, and Artest c'mon it's not like the guy is a classy guy). When Bell threw Kobe to the floor it was 100% intentional. There is no way you can say with utmost certainty that Stackhouse was trying to injure Shaq. Shaq gets to do whatever he wants, push people, charge, travel and he ALWAYS gets the calls. The only thing the guy gets called for is 3 seconds.

This is outrageous, Stackhouse has never been known for his volatile behavior. Fine him a large sum of money, don't suspend a key player in a HUGE game for both teams.

I am extremely mad about this, and I hope it lights a fire under the Mavs asses and they take it out on the Heat.

[quote name='thamaster24']Miami registered a 4.0 on the richter scale when Shaq hit the ground

Edit: I know some of you guys think he shouldn't have been suspended, but look at the other suspensions in these playoffs, Terry being suspended for punching Finley in the balls, and I think Ron Artest for throwing a forearm, if Ron Artest is suspended for that, Stackhouse should definetly be suspended[/quote]

The thing you're not taking in account is Stack was actually making a play on the ball. All the other incidents you mentioned had nothing to do with making a legitimate defensive play.

Wow, all the Dallas bias in here.

Does a flagrant foul have to be intentional? Last time I checked, no it didn't. Even if it wasn't intenional, it could've been flagrant still.

I have yet to watch the video, but I will here shortly.

And it shouldn't matter what round of the playoffs a flagrant foul, warranting a suspension, is committed. That would be unfair to let a guy who deserves a suspension to let slide, just because its the Finals. And to be honest, I am sure the Mavs could beat the Heat without Stackhouse playing great, as they've done to everyone else in the post season. But Stack's foul could be the fuel to burn the Heat to the title.

The thing about every other suspension thus far in the finals is that they were all definitely on purpose.

Maybe Stackhouse did it on purpose, but I doubt it. It's not like he fouled a good free throw shooter that isn't 330 pounds. If he had knocked Nash to the floor that would probably warrant a suspension, but Shaq is horrible at free throws so of course the Mavs always want to send him to the line, as opposed to giving him a thunderous dunk.

Honestly if you were Stackhouse coming in that fast how would you have tried to block that shot? I may be biased, but I still think this suspension is ridiculous. If they're going to suspend Stackhouse for a hard foul, than suspend Shaq for opening up Stackhouse's nose in game 1, and then smashing his elbow into Dirk's jaw.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']The thing you're not taking in account is Stack was actually making a play on the ball. All the other incidents you mentioned had nothing to do with making a legitimate defensive play.[/quote]

Although he might be going for the ball, he got NOWHERE close to it and ended up knocking Shaq to the ground. If Shaq would've been hurt, the series would've been over, a hard foul is one thing, but that's not just a hard foul

[quote name='thamaster24']Miami registered a 4.0 on the richter scale when Shaq hit the ground

Edit: I know some of you guys think he shouldn't have been suspended, but look at the other suspensions in these playoffs, Terry being suspended for punching Finley in the balls, and I think Ron Artest for throwing a forearm, if Ron Artest is suspended for that, Stackhouse should definetly be suspended[/QUOTE]

How about the non-suspension of that guy who GRABBED Kaman's nuts? I think that warranted at least 2 games.

After watching the replay a few more times, I guess it could have gone either way. I just don't want the Finals to be boring / uncompetitive if the Mavs take this to heart and mail in the next game. I could honestly care less about anything else. I would still be livid if Mourning or someone else couldn't play for a similar call from the Heat.

I am not a fan of either team so I have no bias.

The fact is that the foul was flagrant. Whether you go for the ball or not is irrelevant. When a player is in the air and you come across the body like that (causing excessive contact and possibly putting a player unnecessarily at risk of injury) they will call it everytime. Stackhouse's suspension is consistent with the suspensions given in the playoffs this year other than this one...

How about the non-suspension of that guy who GRABBED Kaman's nuts? I think that warranted at least 2 games.

That was the only one the NBA really dropped the ball on (no pun intended). That guy should have been out for the series for that shit.

If they're going to suspend Stackhouse for a hard foul, than suspend Shaq for opening up Stackhouse's nose in game 1, and then smashing his elbow into Dirk's jaw.

Those plays aren't the same level. Stackhouse was suspended for his flagrant foul, not a hard foul. Don't get me wrong, I think during Shaq's career he has been unfairly allowed to bowl over people and get away with things that no other player can, but those elbows are incidental at best. Now, if they were in a situation where Shaq got a rebound and was using elbows to clear out Dallas players he should have some punishment levied.

Those plays aren't the same level. Stackhouse was suspended for his flagrant foul, not a hard foul. Don't get me wrong, I think during Shaq's career he has been unfairly allowed to bowl over people and get away with things that no other player can, but those elbows are incidental at best. Now, if they were in a situation where Shaq got a rebound and was using elbows to clear out Dallas players he should have some punishment levied.
I hate when players do that shit, one of these days one of those is going to connect and its going to be real ugly. I don't think I've ever seen Shaq do that.

and grave yeah its 20.

Shaq sure throws a lot of "incidental elbows" Dirks arms are just as long, so are Diops, I don't see them destroying peoples face, and busting them open.

I don't think Stack was going for the ball as much as he was going to foul Shaq hard. He clearly went in to knock Shaq down. There are certain ways of commiting a hard foul and the league has already showed that if you foul someone the way Stack did Shaq you will get a one game suspension. Do I agree...no. I don't think Stack should be suspened for Game 5 of the finals, I much rather see the Heat win with Stack in there then without. I dont think the Mavs as a team deserve a lesser chance at winning. It's a hard descision because if it was any other game you have to suspend him...but the Finals. like Grave said a fine might of been better suited. Wade is playing amazing though and Dirk is not shootiing well. I'm surpirsed the Heat tied this up. They need to win Game 3 to even think about winning this series and I thought winning 3 in a row against Dallas was impossible. Now with Stack out it seems possible.

Shaq sure throws a lot of "incidental elbows" Dirks arms are just as long, so are Diops, I don't see them destroying peoples face, and busting them open.

Shaq usually keeps the ball up near his face with his elbows out. If he turns his whole body, and his elbows stay in the same position relative to the rest of his body, and he happens to smash someone in the face in the process, that's not a foul. If he swings his elbows by themselves, like to clear out the paint, then it's a foul.

He just happens to catch a lot of people in the face as he's turning. I'm not saying that he doesn't know he's doing it and is completely innocent - he knows that he's going to crack somebody when he turns like that. But it's not a foul... it's an incidental elbow.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Shaq usually keeps the ball up near his face with his elbows out. If he turns his whole body, and his elbows stay in the same position relative to the rest of his body, and he happens to smash someone in the face in the process, that's not a foul. If he swings his elbows by themselves, like to clear out the paint, then it's a foul.

He just happens to catch a lot of people in the face as he's turning. I'm not saying that he doesn't know he's doing it and is completely innocent - he knows that he's going to crack somebody when he turns like that. But it's not a foul... it's an incidental elbow.[/quote]

And on the defensive end when he broke Stackhouse's nose open? He didn't have the ball in his hand then. I don't think he even had the ball when he clocked Dirk. I'm not saying Stackhouse did the right thing, I just don't thing a suspension is justified considered all of the ridiculous things Shaq is permitted to do.

And on the defensive end when he broke Stackhouse's nose open? He didn't have the ball in his hand then. I don't think he even had the ball when he clocked Dirk. I'm not saying Stackhouse did the right thing, I just don't thing a suspension is justified considered all of the ridiculous things Shaq is permitted to do.

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but wasn't he going for a rebound both of those times? If he was, then it's an incidental elbow. I don't think I remember seeing Shaq catch someone with an elbow this series that looked intentional.

Stackhouse made the concious decision to foul Shaq like he did. You have to hit a 350 lb. guy pretty hard to send him flying like that. I'm a Mavs fan, so I don't like to see Stackhouse suspended, but I can understand the league's decision. Personally, I think the issue of the suspension could've gone either way.

[quote name='DT778']^ yeah they were going for the rebound. And stack was behind shaq when it happened.[/quote]

I thought Stack was going for a layup and Shaq tried to block it and came down with his arm and hit Stack right in the face.

[quote name='DT778']^ yeah they were going for the rebound. And stack was behind shaq when it happened.[/quote]

If by going for the rebound you mean driving the basket when Shaq destroyed his nose, than yes you're correct.

Where did you come up with that, that wasn't even close to what happened.

I didn't remember exactly. So even if Shaq did break his nose open as he was trying to block his shot it still isn't a flagrant or a suspension. The severity of the injury on hard fouls isn't what determines if it's a flagrant / suspension / regular foul; it's the fouler's intent. Stack barely made it look like he was going for the ball on that play where he got the flagrant. Shaq just happens to hurt people when he's playing hard because he's bigger and stronger than everyone else.

[quote name='Limegreen']GO HEAT TONIGHT

Next season wade is going to practice with kobe
Kobe said he was going to start a legacy ![/quote]

?????

anyways cmon heat!! we need thsi one to have a chance in dallas

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hell fuck yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck you cuban!!!

the heat got great momentum now but its going to be real hard to win in dallas..... but we got all we hoped for

Dallas needs to regroup. Hopefully they can play better at home and win both games. They at least showed up tonight, but missing the clutch free throws are killing them.

What a game. The refs were giving calls like that both ways all night. No way they gave Miami the game. They were making bad calls both ways. Dirk had his hand of Wades back. Anyway it was an amazing game. That shot Dirk hit was sick. Wade is the man though.

God dammit Howard. He's my favorite current Mav, but he has played pretty horrible this series (along with Dirk). Dallas always seems to lose game 6 when they host it so I bet Miami wraps things up on Tuesday, unless Dallas decides to wake up and get their heads out of their asses. I'm so fuckin pissed right now.

[quote name='Madskills1182']What a game. The refs were giving calls like that both ways all night. No way they gave Miami the game. They were making bad calls both ways. Dirk had his hand of Wades back. Anyway it was an amazing game. That shot Dirk hit was sick. Wade is the man though.[/QUOTE]

Heat shot 49 free throws
Dallas only 25

Even though there about 6 or 7 hack a shaqs fouls the Heat (wade) got all the calls they wanted.

I'm not really a Heat or Mavs fan but shit like this is bogus.

bread's done
Back