Mavs to the Finals: Congrats to the Heat

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Exactly. Look at teams that have been transformed by acquiring veteran PGs that distribute the ball. Nash transformed the Suns into title contenders and Cassell helped the Clippers go further than ever before. Those kinds of guys are being replaced by the Stephon Marburys of the world though.[/QUOTE]

Thats some kind of out of line comment you made.

If they were really being replaced by the stephon marburys of the world, then how come sam cassell and steve nash are pushing their teams forward in the playoffs?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Thats some kind of out of line comment you made.

If they were really being replaced by the stephon marburys of the world, then how come sam cassell and steve nash are pushing their teams forward in the playoffs?[/quote]

Not sure if you just misread that or not, but I think you may have missed his point. I think he was implying that players like Marbury are starting to become the norm for PGs. This would mean that players like Nash and Cassell are soon going to be things of the past.

Sure they both lead their teams into the 2nd round of the post season, and one will lead their team to the West Conference Finals, but the big decision makers want highlight reel guys over team player guys at PG. Thats sadly what its going to be in the next 5 years tops.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Not sure if you just misread that or not, but I think you may have missed his point. I think he was implying that players like Marbury are starting to become the norm for PGs. This would mean that players like Nash and Cassell are soon going to be things of the past.

Sure they both lead their teams into the 2nd round of the post season, and one will lead their team to the West Conference Finals, but the big decision makers want highlight reel guys over team player guys at PG. Thats sadly what its going to be in the next 5 years tops.[/QUOTE]

yep, i wish the nba has more players like cassell, nash, kidd, ridnour, and paul.

off-topic (sorry for this but i had to make a point)

btw thingsfallnapart, u should read the nfl thread again b/c i was right about ur seahawks. they took a CB, pass-rushing DE, and guard with their first 3 picks.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87568&page=13

[quote name='craven_fiend']Not sure if you just misread that or not, but I think you may have missed his point. I think he was implying that players like Marbury are starting to become the norm for PGs. This would mean that players like Nash and Cassell are soon going to be things of the past.

Sure they both lead their teams into the 2nd round of the post season, and one will lead their team to the West Conference Finals, but the big decision makers want highlight reel guys over team player guys at PG. Thats sadly what its going to be in the next 5 years tops.[/quote]

Yeah, that was what I was saying. Look at the Clippers and Suns when they are healthy. Another commonality is that they make a conscious effort to work the ball inside to their big men. Granted, not every team has an Elton Brand or Amare Stoudamire, but the big man in the NBA has almost been made insignificant. I don't know if there were any centers in the top ten in scoring this year at all. Yet, guards are scoring more than ever.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, that was what I was saying. Look at the Clippers and Suns when they are healthy. Another commonality is that they make a conscious effort to work the ball inside to their big men. Granted, not every team has an Elton Brand or Amare Stoudamire, but the big man in the NBA has almost been made insignificant. I don't know if there were any centers in the top ten in scoring this year at all. Yet, guards are scoring more than ever.[/QUOTE]

The suns might use the PF the best in the NBA in the past 6-7 years ive been watching.

Boris Diaw was just incredible in his overall game this year and im very impressed.

If the Suns keep this lineup and Amare comes back strong next year and stays healthy these guys will have a legit shot at the title.

Apparently every time Duncan shoots the ball the refs are required to call a foul regardless of whether he clears out the defender or simply slams into them.

[quote name='alucard8319']Stars always get calls in their favor, Dirk well get a bunch too.[/quote]

True true....but Duncan was jumping into vertical defenders and kept getting calls, but this is a good game so far.

Wow thats the MVP Duncan that showed up today. Manu almost blew the game with his missed layup and stupid foul. But you have to ask what the hell was drawn up in the Dallas timeout. Why go for the win. If you are supposed to me more fresh than the Spurs why not go for the two. Good game though. I think Game 1 was huge in this series and gives the Spurs a nice start to the series which I think they will win.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']WTF was Stackhouse doing holding the ball with 5 seconds to go? Pivot away from the defender and find an open man!!!!!![/QUOTE]

he was probably thinking about throwing it into dampier, but then he realized he would have been throwing the ball into erick dampier;)

and while it was a tough loss, it was only one game. Considering how well they played and how poorly they shot, they shouldn't walk away too disappionted

[quote name='CaseyRyback']he was probably thinking about throwing it into dampier, but then he realized he would have been throwing the ball into erick dampier;)

and while it was a tough loss, it was only one game. Considering how well they played and how poorly they shot, they shouldn't walk away too disappionted[/quote]

I just hate putting the time in to watch a game like this when your team loses. It makes me want to go kill my neighbor's dog.

On second thought, hang on, I'll be right back ............................

Stackhouse was killing San Antonio the whole game, before that bad decision at the end. This series is really good so far, its going to go down to last few seconds of every single game.

You can call it inexperience, greedy, or just plain stupid. He moved outside to try for the 3 pointer which he shouldn't have done because he had no clear shot at it.

Every person that plays basketball has that thing inside them that wants to hit the game winner. I don't blame Stackhouse for going for the 3, I would've done the same thing. But, when you got Ginobli in the air, you either draw the foul or go the hoop.

What horrible execution that last play was for Dallas. At least Stack threw up a shot, I thought he was going to stand there and let the time run out.

pistons 10 for 11 from 3...wow...lindsey hunter was on fire there too, mcdyess is playing well, and so is the rest of the pistons...let's see what the cavs do to respond (probably not much they can do, but we'll see)

[quote name='ksuwild25']What horrible execution that last play was for Dallas. At least Stack threw up a shot, I thought he was going to stand there and let the time run out.[/QUOTE]

Screw that, Horrible execution on the offensive end by the Mavs the last 4 and a half minutes.

Detroit is killing and will continue to kill Cleveland. After watching Detroit rally last year against the Spurs I realized what a nasty bunch they are. Lebron is going to get creamed in this series no way he can stand up to that withering defense.

As for the Spurs though Duncan played well the rest of the Spurs played medicore to poorly. Though you have to credit Dallas defense for that. But I imagine when Bowen is hitting, Ginobili is running, and Parker is shooting things will become grim for Dallas.

r1s3n

did any of you do the pick n roll on nba.com?

who do you guys have in the finals and the champ?

i got pheonix and detroit in the finals...phx winning it...yea, i know i know...long shot, but i think it is possible, and i think the old saying "defense wins championships" will not be as strictly applied this year

No didn't try the pick n roll thing on nba.com but who I'm going with Spurs and Detroit in the finals. As for the winner, I'm going Spurs though it'll go 7 either way.

r1s3n

Its most likely going to be another Spurs - Pistons series for the finals.
I'm going to stick with Pistons because I hate it when the West wins a title.

[quote name='ksuwild25']What horrible execution that last play was for Dallas. At least Stack threw up a shot, I thought he was going to stand there and let the time run out.[/quote]

True dat. When we had Finley, it seemed more often than not, he'd shoot the potential game winner and either get the shot blocked or just lose control of it.

This loss sucked ass, but I still think the Mavs will win the series. I predict they'll win the next three games, the Spurs will win the first game back in San Antonio and Dallas will finish the series out in Game 6 in Dallas.

I don't know why people are suprised of the ass-whooping that the Pistons gave to the Cavs. LeBron their best player is a playoff rookie and overall the Pistons are a shit load better team then the Cavs.

Can't wait until the Clips/Suns series.

I shut the Pistons game off at the half. They whooped some ass though. I thought this on my go to at least Game 5. Now I'm thinking sweep.

[quote name='Madskills1182']I shut the Pistons game off at the half. They whooped some ass though. I thought this on my go to at least Game 5. Now I'm thinking sweep.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it would be a sweep. Yea this game really sucked for the Cavs but with the Cavs talent they can at least pull off 2 wins.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I doubt it would be a sweep. Yea this game really sucked for the Cavs but with the Cavs talent they can at least pull off 2 wins.[/quote]

No, it is over in 5. At most. Unless someone kills the Pistons starting 7 players(McDyss and Hunter and the other two starters :D). The Cavs couldn't win more than 1 in the regular season, they won't win anymore than that. They just don't have what it takes to beat a seasoned team and deeeeeeeep team like the Pistons. Bring on the Heat.

I know this is late, I didn't see the thread, but We Will get revenge on the Mavs no matter what next year, even though Damon Stoudemire has been out for a while, we might have won with him. But I have to give credit to the Mavs, Dirk silently hit 30 all 4 games, and that damn shot in game 3..... Spurs are still gonna be champs tho

[quote name='ph33r m3']I don't know why people are suprised of the ass-whooping that the Pistons gave to the Cavs. LeBron their best player is a playoff rookie and overall the Pistons are a shit load better team then the Cavs.

Can't wait until the Clips/Suns series.[/quote]

Exactly, that series is going to average a combined 3 million points

[quote name='thamaster24']I know this is late, I didn't see the thread, but We Will get revenge on the Mavs no matter what next year, even though Damon Stoudemire has been out for a while, we might have won with him. But I have to give credit to the Mavs, Dirk silently hit 30 all 4 games, and that damn shot in game 3..... Spurs are still gonna be champs tho[/QUOTE]

Memphis is 0-12 in playoff games. Never has the Griz won a game in the post season, that's just sad. Sorry about the hate its just that I hate the Grizzlies.
That Shane Battier makes me vomit with rage.:bomb:

So, rematch of last year, eh? Detroit just seems too strong though.....yes, I'm from MI :)

Look at Jerry Stackhouse choke for the Mavs....lets try to be the hero with the step-back 3....oops.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Memphis is 0-12 in playoff games. Never has the Griz won a game in the post season, that's just sad. Sorry about the hate its just that I hate the Grizzlies.
That Shane Battier makes me vomit with rage.:bomb:[/quote]

Well we should have won game 3, but anyway I could come up with a million valid points why we haven't won. We would have had LEBRON JAMES OR CARMELO ANTHONY, if they Vancouver Grizzlies execs didn't trade their first round pick for OTIS THORPE?

Enough hating on the Grizzlies...... We don't deserve hate yet

Nets dominated the Heat but almost let go of the game late. No way they are winning Game 2 without Jefferson. He's listed as doubtful. Anyway Suns, Clippers wow no Defense at all that game. Brand had a few blocks but that was about all the D in that game. Pistons are beating up on the Cavs...again. I realy am thinking sweep. Pistons are just to strong.

How ya like my boy Dirky Turkey drain threes right in Pao's eyeballs!?

In response to Stackhouse choking: I hate to see Stack get hot because whenever he does he thinks he's MJ and does something stupid like that. "Open lane to the bucket..... Nah, I'M GONNA LET THIS GO FROM BACK HERE!!!" I hope they can finally beat the Spurs. I don't know though...

The Mavs are playing awesome tonight, they really showed up...Harris is awesome, if he played like this every game the Mavs could be strong contenders for that ring.

Im glad Devin Harris is looking a lot better now from injury. Im very surpized that the Spurs got torn apart by him tonight. We have played them 8 times in teh last two years and Harris has always played to drive the ball to the basket with his speed and energy. One person I hope not to see back is Van Horn. He has a nice shot and thats about it. Turns the ball over too many times. Id rather play small ball with Dirk at center and JHo at the 4.

Cavs had a good comeback. Didnt watch any of the game except for the 4th quarter.

Props to Avery and the Mavs for coming out strong after the tough loss. Hopefully they can play this aggressive in their home games.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Props to Avery and the Mavs for coming out strong after the tough loss. Hopefully they can play this aggressive in their home games.[/quote]

I hope so too! If they can beat the Spurs it's pretty much a given that they're going to be in the Finals against Detroit. This is the real Western Conference Finals. The Suns/Clippers won't stand a chance.

ginobili.gif

Bwhahahaha!

bread's done
Back