Noby Noby Boy - Gen. Discussion & Info

Found this nice writeup of all the trophies out there.

10 (Bronze) Take 10 inhabitants for a ride.
Easy said, not so easy done! Just stretch out really far, and find a map
with lots of inhabitants. Keep walking around until they all jump on your back

100 (Bronze) Stretch BOY to a length of 100m.
Probably the second trophy you will get. Just keep expanding until it pops up.

20 (Bronze) Eat 20 inhabitants.
These have to be eaten at one time. Simply stretch out really far, and begin
eating inhabitants. They all need to be in your body at one time.

765 (Silver) Report a length of exactly 765m to GIRL.
The easiest way is to not get too big, you might go past it on accident. I
would say keep stretching to 50 meters, then press L3 and R3 to shrink, and continue
until you are at 765. Then hold up on the left analog stick and start to report to girl.

BOY Quiz Expert (Bronze) Answer all questions correctly in the BOY Quiz.
You have to do this to begin the game... Just go on with what he says .

Bye-Bye BOY (Bronze) Meet up with Bye-Bye BOY.
Quit the game through the Boy house... voila!

Combined Character (Silver) Create a combined character by eating an animal
and a human or a fruit and a human.
This might be a lil tricky! Get to a decent length... then eat a Vegetable/Animal,
then eat a human! Begin holding R2 to poop. Keep doing this until you get the
Trophy.

Eat Your Words! (Gold) Eat the words NOBY NOBY BOY within the manual or in the
staff credits.Press Select to bring up the manual. Press triangle to allow words
to be eaten. Press L2 to eat the words Noby Noby Boy.. you have to eat them in order
and nothing can be eaten in between the letters.

The BOY House (Bronze) Rotate the roof of the BOY House.
Get in to the Boy House and rotate the right analog stick.

The Prince (Silver) Take the Prince for a ride.
This will probably be the last Trophy you get. The Prince is an elusive little guy.
The best way to do this is to just play the game and have fun with it.. Eventually
you will get him. If you are impatient, just go into the house and keep changing maps
until you find one that has Katamaris raining from the sky. He will be in here
somewhere. Hes a tiny little guy, about the size of a mouse, so keep your eyes peeled.

The Space Squirrel (Bronze) Find the Space Squirrel.
Report to the GIRL for the first time, easy enough!

Unproportional (Silver) Make BOY's body grow thicker while keeping his head small.
A little tricky, but still easy. Stretch out to about.. 45-50 meters, then eat until
you are full. Press L3 to shrink allll the way, and your head will be tiny
while your butt is still big.. Rinse and repeat! easy enough?

[quote name='freakyzeeky']How does one make their head small, and the rear large?
I've tried for an hour just eating stuff, stretching, and pooping stuff out, but it only makes my head bigger. :mad:[/quote]

When I received the trophy I was at the minimum stretch length. I was not the small Boy where you are only the head and rear like when you first start the game. When you stretch at first Boy does not grow. At the point when he first grows from stretching is the minimum stretch length I am talking about. That is the length when I got the trophy.

Now the way I approached the trophy was to eat enough stuff to fill all of Boy's body at the minimum stretch length. Then I used L3 to reduce my size back to zero. Immediately after—if you do not do it immediately then the stuff still in Boy's rear will be ejected because he is not big enough to hold any more stuff—stretch back to that minimum stretch length. This way he still retains that stuff in his rear.

After stretching, eating, shrinking, and repeating that process for a while Boy's rear got to a decent size and I unlocked the trophy.

I hope that helps.

To combine people eat the item and person then tap lightly on R2 and it'll mash them together inside of boy. Should see the two lumps become one at his end. Then just hold down R2 when you want to shoot the person out.

[quote name='Maklershed']Go into your house and tip it over.[/QUOTE]

OK, this is the second time you've said this and I asked about it last night. What the hell does this mean? I can go into the house and select the "Move" option and I go to different places. Please explain "go into your house and tip it over". I've gone in, spun it, rocked it all over the place, and it never tips over.

[quote name='Razzuel']When I received the trophy I was at the minimum stretch length. I was not the small Boy where you are only the head and rear like when you first start the game. When you stretch at first Boy does not grow. At the point when he first grows from stretching is the minimum stretch length I am talking about. That is the length when I got the trophy.

Now the way I approached the trophy was to eat enough stuff to fill all of Boy's body at the minimum stretch length. Then I used L3 to reduce my size back to zero. Immediately after—if you do not do it immediately then the stuff still in Boy's rear will be ejected because he is not big enough to hold any more stuff—stretch back to that minimum stretch length. This way he still retains that stuff in his rear.

After stretching, eating, shrinking, and repeating that process for a while Boy's rear got to a decent size and I unlocked the trophy.

I hope that helps.[/quote]

Okay, I just got the trophy for it. What I did was stretch, eat till I start pooping stuff out, and hold L3. Rinse and repeat, and it took me half an hour to do it. Interestingly, Noby's body gets bigger overall everytime I'm back to normal, so I could naturally eat bigger objects from the start of every stretch I do.
And like you said, once you've gone back to normal, stretch immediately to keep all that stuff you've eaten from being ejected.

Thanks for the help guys. Now I've 100%'d this game as well... :D

C-c-c-c-clawing my way up the rankings. I think I can break top 100 but top 10 isn't going to happen unless I find a glitch, the other folks stop playing, or I play this every day for the rest of my life.

We're up to 320k lads. I expect to be roving the moon after I get home from work.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Its too bad you cant actually cant play this TOGETHER with someone...[/quote]

you never know.... one of the planets might change that >_

The oddities for today ..

I was on a map with muscle men that had testicles for a chin (even more so than Peter Griffin). Then I was on another map filled with dogs and Navy Admirals. I reported my length to Girl and when I popped out of the chimney the Navy Admirals had all turned to pirates. This game is insane. :lol:

[quote name='Maklershed']Oh look .. BOY is in my idea of heaven. :lol:

I wonder if the maps aren't really programmed per se. Random assets just appear.[/quote]

While I love donuts, it's missing naked boobies.

[quote name='io']OK, this is the second time you've said this and I asked about it last night. What the hell does this mean? I can go into the house and select the "Move" option and I go to different places. Please explain "go into your house and tip it over". I've gone in, spun it, rocked it all over the place, and it never tips over.[/quote]

Ok so you are in your house. Once inside you press the left control stick to one side to tip the house. Pay close attention to smoke coming out of the house. Notice that smoke lights up depending on how you are tipping your house. Once you have new map selected press X. If you can not see all of the smoke you are probably zoomed in to close. Zoom out until you can see the smoke clearly.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']Ok so you are in your house. Once inside you press the left control stick to one side to tip the house. Pay close attention to smoke coming out of the house. Notice that smoke lights up depending on how you are tipping your house. Once you have new map selected press X. If you can not see all of the smoke you are probably zoomed in to close. Zoom out until you can see the smoke clearly.[/QUOTE]

Um, I know about the smoke that says "Move" - saw that right away. Mak was saying you tip your house OVER though - to select the smoke you just lean slightly ;). I thought there was another way besides what I've been doing all along, but apparently not.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Its too bad you cant actually cant play this TOGETHER with someone...[/quote]I would SO eat your butt!!! Or like two snakes eating the same rodent, one snake ends up getting eaten by the other

[quote name='georox']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb1vMLkRP-s[/quote]"Mmmmmmmm Donuts" (Can't belive no one quoted Homer J. Simpson on that?!?)

20090223.jpg

I haven't found the prince either. It's the last trophy I need. It's annoying because I spent like an hour world hopping because so many people claim he shows up on worlds where katamaris are falling from the sky. I found two such worlds and no luck.

Is he about the same size as the small santa looking people?

He is really really small, and word has it that he generally appears where you'll find eskimos, mushrooms, and koalas. Found this screen of him:

2yxej3p.png

:whee:

Why are there clouds on the Moon? I like the weaker gravity, different objects, and you can see Girl as she's wrapped around the Moon.

Looked up the distance from the Earth to Mars and it'll be a while before we reach the red planet:

[SIZE=+1]35 million miles = 56,327,040,000 meters[/SIZE]

:whee: 56 billion meters to go!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Terrain wasn't flat on Earth either.[/quote]

hah maybe i just looking too hard for differences.

bread's done
Back