Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the UFC demo out and the Halo: Reach beta now being available to everyone so I have friends to play with, I probably won't get on NHL on my own (until Friday, anyway). But if you, Kaster, and/or anyone else wants to do club play, message me on Live or post in here. I'd love to get some games in. I'm sure I'll need a break from Reach at some point.

Bumping this to remind everybody about CAG Hockey Night tonight. We've had a couple new guys join the team over the past week, and have had some good games already. Hoping for a good turnout tonight.

unfortunately, especially with my monster night last week getting a point on each of our first 8 goals, I won't be around tonight... go get em fellas!

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']In an effort to salvage the hockey season and throw something together, the CAG team has regrouped and resimplified. Rather than going with any over the top monikers, you can find this new creation listed as the CheapyD All Stars.

Anyone who wants to be a part of the team is more than welcome, and no invitations are needed because, at the present, the team is public. We are still trying to play on Friday nights from 8 PM EST to 12 AM EST. If you'd like to play, please feel free to join us.

Club Overview
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/762A0001/104921/overview

Current Roster
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position
#9 | DestroVega | DestroVega | Abe Froman | Left Wing/Center
#11 | ChunkyB | ChunkyBasty | Cole Duke | Right Wing (or left wing)

#14 | s3anami | s3anami | Trip Inurma | Right Wing
#16 | Regian | Regian | Shaun Uno Seis | Right Defensiveman
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Explosive Diarrhea | Left Defenseman/Goalie/Left Wing
#28 | Magicking610 | Magicking610 | Now on VHS LOST | Left Wing
#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Chesty McHooters | Right Wing or Right Defenseman
#37 | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | Cooch Filibuster | Center/Right Wing
#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | Buster Filicooch | Center/Left Defenseman/Left Wing
#?? | striker199 | sTRIKER1999 | Kyle Rivera | ??
#?? | talonunt | talonunt | ?? | ??
#?? | Kazo | SG Kazo | ?? | Left Defenseman/Left Wing
#?? | KasterDB | KasterDB | Kieran Shaw | Right Wing/Left Wing

OLD TEAM INFO
What is up CAGs? You have stumbled upon the official thread for YOUR returning Division 286 3rd Runner Up CAG hockey team!!! The 2008-2009 campaign was a rollercoaster of emotion for the CAG team. But their highlights included a stunning come from behind victory against known 99 glitchers, an 8 game winning streak, and of course...THE FLYING V!!!

Last year's CAG team had a bit of an identity crisis. Like a psychopath with multiple personalities, the CAG teem teetered between the Sex Panthers and the Crotch Sharks. This year, those personalities have spawned two separate teams. And YOU get to choose who you play for. Here are your choices.

caghockeysexpantherssmall.jpg
sexpantherswewineverytime.gif

MEET THE TEAM!
seananayalated.gif
devindinkins.gif

donteffwithchucknorris.gif

#3 | Pure Apathy | Pure Apathy | Devin Dinkins | L/R Wing. I might try L/R D out too
#7 | Chubacca | bumonkee | Hau Chu | Winger
#8 | neworlbush25 | neworlbush25 | Pete Noto | Right Defense... Or whatever is available
#9 l DestroVega l DestroVega l don't know what name my player will be right now... | LW
#10| Danked | Danked | Asshat Kottke | RW
#13 | Gillums | Gillums | Jay Gillums | C/LW
#17 | Azumangaman | Azumangaman | I'm not sure what my skater name will be. Probably my name like last year | Center
#19 | Albo23 | Legendairy Milk | Albert Ivezaj | Right Wing/Defense/Goalie
#23 | Wpark83 | Wpark83 | Vanilla-Face (Fac-Ay) Jordan | Center
#25 | Panther1484 | ShadyMarino | Josh Marino | G/LW
#26 | Mr_hockey66 | Mr hockey66 | Chuck Norris or Petr Venkman | the man who sits in the penalty box
#26 | Captain OBVIOU5 | Captain OBVIOU5 | Clay Wiebe | Wing
#27 | GLOCKGLOCK | DRUNKZ 27 | TBD | LW/RW
#28 | emg28 | emg28 | M. Garcia | Right Wing
#29 | Link127 | Link1207 | Super Kenna | Defense (don't mind Wing)
#35 | FrankySox | Frankysox | Franklin Quincy Sox | Left Wing
#44 | ajh2298 | ajh2298 | Anthony Handlovitch | Left Wing
#45 | AceFan84| Codi Garber | Center/whatever is needed
#51 | fieldkillah | fieldkillah | Matt Rhodes | Defense (L/R doesn't matter)
#69 | SeanAmI | S3anAmI | Sean Anaya | Whatever, whatever I do what I want
#87 | Handlovitch4487 | Mark331330 | Christopher Handlovitch | Any position
#92 | VipFREAK | Vprfrk | Nick Hirano | Left Defense (Half Back er... Offensive)
#93 | Slickkill77 | NinjaPenguin777 | Alex Foster | Left Defense/Winger/Goalie

(It should be noted that we don't assign specific positions to people. Players are encouraged to rotate spots and give everyone a chance to score...or to crush people, whatever you like. But stating your preferred position lets everyone know what you feel you're best at, not to mention, enjoy.)

Search for "Seckz Panthers" when you're trying to find the club!

OR

caghockeykrotchsharkssmall.jpg

MEET THE TEAM!
youjustgotstamosd2.gif
workingitlohanded.gif

garyrussellstayclassy.gif
mattyounginit-1.gif

towerofpower.gif

#2 | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | Gary Russell | Right Defense (or right right)
#11 | ChunkyB | ChunkyBasty | Cole Duke (or maybe Chunky Basty) | Right Wing (or left wing)
#16 | Regian | Regian | Shaun Parent | Right Defensiveman
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Linday Lohan | LW/Goal (or anything that isn't on the right side)
#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Brandon Craig | Right Wing or Right Defenseman
#37 | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | Center/Left & Right Defenseman
#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | John Stamos | Center, dabutt...and also I like tennis

(It should be noted that we don't assign specific positions to people. Players are encouraged to rotate spots and give everyone a chance to score...or to crush people, whatever you like. But stating your preferred position lets everyone know what you feel you're best at, not to mention, enjoy.)

Search for "Crohtch Sharks" when you're trying to find the club!

HOW TO SIGN UP
Keep in mind, the CAG team has an official weekly Hockey Night on Fridays from 8PM EST - UNTIL (usually 12-1AM EST), but we do play other random times throughout the week as well.

If you're interested in taking part in these fun and awesome community gatherings, just find the team in the game (search "CAG" or "CheapyD All Stars"), and join. The team is public, so no invite or approval is needed. And be sure to post in the thread and include the following information:
Team Choice | Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

CUSTOM SOUNDPACK
As you may or may not know, NHL 10 allows people to set their own custom playlists for in game events (team intros, goals, penalties, etc.). The great thing about this is you can stream the music from your computer and have the playlists pre-set. All you have to do is assign them to the specific events in game. A new pack is being worked on for this year (with a projected release of 10/1). Details can be found here.

http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=37736

And here's a direct link to his file directory so you can check out some of the preview clips he's posted. Sounds pretty good so far.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/insider/

Also, here's a link to last year's pack with full instructions on how to install it. I'd recommend waiting for the new one, but this will at least give everyone an idea of how it works.

http://www.thebreakaway.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21508

PRE-RELEASE INFO
The CAG team is always open to new members, and as the game's release approaches, we'll have an official sign up for spots on the team. For now, enjoy the updates and let's get ready for NHL Oh-10! :).

[quote name='slickkill77']http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1009251p1.html

http://www.operationsports.com/videoview.php?id=459
[quote name='Vulcan2422']I also thought this was interesting to read how the Boost's work.

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2474/Exposed-NHL-10s-Hockey-Shop/p2/

[quote name='kazo']Just for the OP:

#21 | Kazo | SG Kazo | Jay Willis | Left Defenseman/Left Wing[/QUOTE]
Just in case you didn't notice, it hasn't been updated in about 3 months. *Waits for Nate to update to prove me wrong*
EDIT: Perhaps I should look at the OP a little more often...

By the way Nate, I'm #35/41 and I also play goalie and defence.

Well, I just decided to update the OP today since a lot of the "regulars" have changed so people will know who still plays this game. We all change our skater names so much though, I'm not going to worry about keeping that terribly accurate. But the rest is good info to have.

I'll be hopping on in the next 5 minutes or so.

Now, can someone tell me why I got kicked off the team? Since Nate obviously has me ignored on XBL, this might be the only way I get an answer.
EDIT: And obviously I don't need an answer, since I get kicked every time I try to join the party.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Magicking610']Now, can someone tell me why I got kicked off the team? Since Nate obviously has me ignored on XBL, this might be the only way I get an answer.
EDIT: And obviously I don't need an answer, since I get kicked every time I try to join the party.[/QUOTE]

I'm only going to say this once. You went out of your way last night to be a dick. The only reason I point out when people miss plays or make a poor decision is to try to help them see something that maybe they didn't notice and to make them a better player...and in turn, make us a better team. But whenever somebody does it with you, there's always excuses.

You've got 800 reasons why you can't set anybody up for a cross crease pass, but a game doesn't go by where you don't remind everybody of your 6 goal game...at least 4 of which came from cross crease passes. If somebody wasn't setting you up for easy tap ins, that game wouldn't have been possible.

Obviously, not every situation will call for a cross crease pass. If there are 2 defenders camped out in front of the goalie, yeah, it's probably not a good idea. But on a 2 on 0 break, of course, go for it. Ultimately, it's about making the SMART play. If you're not good enough to make the pass, then you need to practice passing more and shooting less. If you can't distinguish what the smart play is, you've got bigger problems.

What pushed you over the edge last night was after that issue, I decided to just let it go. We needed to split up into 2 groups anyway. So, I decided to play with Matt, whose got less than 100 games online, and kazo and KasterDB, who just joined the team in the past week or so. And yeah, we were having some tough games. That's not saying anything about any of those guys. They all played well. We just had some bad bounces and plays where the AI let us down.

But then you come into OUR party to tell us about how awesome "your team" is doing and then point out that "my team" had been losing...without even having half a brain to recognize that my group was playing together for the first time. That's fucked up, dude. We're all still part of the CAG team, and you felt the need to talk shit...to your teammates. I don't know if you realize this, but doing that kind of crap wears on people's nerves really fast. So, when nobody wants to play with you anymore, that's what happens. Good luck with the GameFAQs team.

Okay, I recognize that I was an absolute dick last night. But in my defence, I had a really long week. Not much was going right in real life, and it led to me unwinding too much/the wrong way during hockey. My overall playing and sportsmanship really went down in the last week, I'm not going to ignore that. I'm not saying that it's a good excuse, hell, I'm not even using it as an excuse, just an explanation of why I was a douche. I'll take everything that you guys throw at me for last night.

As for the team issue, honestly, we must of faced some of the worst teams that were on last night, and I'm sorry to all of you for bragging about it. I have a feeling that last night was the last time I was going to play for the team, so I guess this is my plea to give me another chance. If you let me back in Nate, just let me know when I start to become a dick and I'll stop. The main problem I had last night was that I didn't know that I was pissing you guys off that much, so I kept at it, thinking you guys didn't mind.

Again, sorry about last night, and I hope that we can fix this up.

I'll leave it up to the rest of the team. It was more than just one person that was annoyed, so more than one person should decide if they want to play with you again.

For probably 3 of the last 4 months, I've had some shit going badly for me, but I haven't taken it out on other people, especially on a video game. I'll either get on a game like NHL with you guys to have fun and take my mind off things, or sometimes I'm just too pissed off to play anything like I was the other day, so I stay offline.

I'll admit, I have my moments, but they are few and far between.

I'd be willing to give Magic a second chance. But, if we do, I say he already has one strike on him. A warning is strike two, and strike three means the boot, no questions asked, no third chance.

I think moojuice's suggestion is a pretty good one. If Magic can chill a little (read: not talking for hours on end) then I'm good with it. Matt makes a good point too. Everybody's got stuff going on in their lives. One of the things I like about gaming is that it takes my mind off of things that are stressing me out or whatever else it may be. If you are just going to act out on XBL, that'll get really annoying really fast. But if you can use it as a outlet for some stress without inflicting your stress on us, then there's no reason why it would feel necessary to do asshole-ish things.

Yeah, I'm following the advice I've seen here, and I gotta thank you guys for helping me out with that.

On a hockey note, if I am going to be back on the team, does anyone have an idea when it would be?

Sometimes, playing goalie gets really annoying with all of the A.I. "help" that you get (IE. diving to the side to stop cross creases)...

So, I was trying to get some boosts, started a BAP career, and on my FIRST game on my FIRST shot, the A.I. "helped" me to block a shot that was going wide. The other team plants home an easy rebound on an out of position goalie. But wait, it gets better. First game in the NHL, I play as the Bruins against the Capitals. After going to play the puck, I try to move back into the crease to stop the wrap-around. And what happens? I get stuck on the side of the net and let Jason Chimera get an easy goal. Less than 40 seconds later, Ovechkin and Backstrom start passing back and forth in a 2-on-1, which was a goal I didn't mind giving up, but I was still pissed from the first goal.

Anyone else ever have the "A.I. trying to help your player" problem?

[quote name='Magicking610']Yeah, I'm following the advice I've seen here, and I gotta thank you guys for helping me out with that.

On a hockey note, if I am going to be back on the team, does anyone have an idea when it would be?[/QUOTE]

I've read everyone's suggestions, and I think it's fair. It's just hard to give people advice on "how to be" because I don't like telling anybody to not be themselves. But if you're curious about things people find annoying about you, I can at least tell you. It basically centers around the amount of talking and the content. Sometimes you have a tendency to tell us all about the games you played with randoms that week, and how many goals/points/fights/hat tricks/etc. you had.

And it's fine if there's something particularly interesting or funny that happened, but some of it is just mundane details, and it can feel like talking just for the sake of talking. I mean, I have a personal thing where I don't really like to talk about a whole lot outside of the game just because I start focusing on the conversation more than the game, and then I start playing like shit. And then I start to feel like a 13 year-old girl at a slumber party. I've even had to mute Matt before because of stuff like that, lol. I love the joking around and good times we all have, but when it becomes serious conversations about topics outside of the game, it just distracts me. But like I said, that's just me because I'm a weirdo. Other than that, just be a good teammate, play the game smart, and do whatever will help the team.

I'll put you back on the team by Friday at the latest. Possibly tomorrow if I get a chance.

Will do, thanks for telling me. Dropping the statistics talk might be a bit hard for me to do at first, because I've been following them (and talking A LOT about them) for years. I shall try my best though, and if some new issue pops up about me, feel free to let me know and I'll be sure to make a mental note about it.

Gonna be nice to be back in a CAG uniform, been playing with my friends team that Alan, DarkTower, and I played against last week. Going to give a heads up that I got used to their "rush in, shoot, rush back" play that they had. Forgive and remind me that we play strong team hockey here if that happens.

Will be m.i.a Friday unless you guys are on real late.

And on the Magic topic, try just listening to us. Last week, you kept updating us on your own local weather like every 2 minutes for an hour. I tried to drop a hint by saying "And now, the Magic King weather Hour.." but it just kept going and going man.

We're probably good knowing a storm is going to hit, but we don't need to know there is a red blob on the radar, the storm is 5 minutes away, 2 minutes away, right over you, passed you, is moving into Canada, and you are expecting rain again in 20 minutes.

I may or may not be there depending on how the Flyers-Bruins game is going. Hoping they win but it would be classic Philly sports if they came all this way and lost in overtime or something. Oh well.

I should be on around 7, but if you guys want to start late, it's fine by me. I've been trying to get some boosts to help my passing out. It seems that I had a good pass that was rarely picked off around 85-90 if anyone wanted to try being a playmaker. Using the rest of your points for wrist shot accuracy, balance, checking, acceleration, and speed, and you have a really nice all around player.

Figured I'd throw that out there, and I'll see all of you tonight, hopefully.

As of 8:25, it's just me and Magic. It's storming really bad here, and my internet has been going in and out all day, so I don't really feel like playing with just me and him, and potentially giving out free wins. It looks like most people are planning on being late anyway, so that's cool. I'll keep checking in on Xbox.com to see when people get on. Just don't want anybody to think we're not playing tonight.

Was fully intending to get on once the Flyers went down 3-0, but they've fought back well. I'll be on after the game

That was fun tonight, even if a certain someone reverted back to his "old" ways. I wish I could have rejoined you guys, but as I told Nate, I had to take care of some shit.

But one question- Nate said this might be the last CAG hockey night due to UFC. What about next Friday? UFC won't be out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back