RPG Thread XIII-2: Tough Moms Always Die Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has Persona 2 on sale for $29.99. It's at the top of my recommendations and seems to pop up in my Quick Picks about once a week, so I'm going to wait and see if I can snag it for $28.49.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Amazon has Persona 2 on sale for $29.99. It's at the top of my recommendations and seems to pop up in my Quick Picks about once a week, so I'm going to wait and see if I can snag it for $28.49.[/QUOTE]

There's going to be a UK CE like there was for P3P, if that's something that interests you.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Amazon has Persona 2 on sale for $29.99. It's at the top of my recommendations and seems to pop up in my Quick Picks about once a week, so I'm going to wait and see if I can snag it for $28.49.[/QUOTE]

It is a deal of the day so the price will go back up tomorrow

[quote name='62t']It is a deal of the day so the price will go back up tomorrow[/QUOTE]
Thanks, didn't realize it was DOTD. Guess I have to decide whether to jump on it now or take my chances that it will go low again...

[quote name='kainzero']i started rf3 but it feels really short compared to the first one i played. i'm almost done... i think.[/QUOTE]
Don't know about RF:ToD, but R3 is certainly the most streamlined of the series, in a good way. With the others, there was always some sort of spot I got stuck on when advancing the story.
(In the first game, it was waiting for the creek around a certain dungeon to freeze before being able to enter it. After unlocking it, I had to motor through at least a couple seasons before it was winter again. Annoying.)
Still ended up playing RF3 for a long time, in large part because I loved the characters.

I decided to pick up Tides of Destiny. The fact that I had a $20 Newegg code because of the Dark Souls CE debacle greatly influenced my decision, but I wanted to pick it up as soon as I could anyway as I think it has a fair chance of becoming hard to find quickly. I haven't played a Rune Factory since the original, I'm under the impression that ToD is significantly different.

Edit: in other news, burn in fucking hell forever, Sega. It was pretty obvious that this was going to be the case, but it always hurts to see it put into words.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fwbweux']

Edit: in other news, burn in fucking hell forever, Sega. It was pretty obvious that this was going to be the case, but it always hurts to see it put into words.[/QUOTE]

Sucks, but can't really blame them.

Reminds me I need to go back and play more VCII, I started it, but quit for no reason.

[quote name='whoknows']Sucks, but can't really blame them.
[/QUOTE]

I think you can blame them for making an inferior sequel to a great game, then using the sales numbers for that inferior sequel to justify not localizing the third game, which apparently fixed most of the problems from the 2nd.

At the end of the day, I'm sure it's a bottom line decision, and it's theirs to make. I definitely agree that it sucks though.

[quote name='whoknows']Sucks, but can't really blame them.[/QUOTE]as long as Arc Rise Fantasia exists, I will blame them all.

how that game gets released and actual good games don't does not make sense.

[quote name='blueshinra']Don't know about RF:ToD, but R3 is certainly the most streamlined of the series, in a good way. With the others, there was always some sort of spot I got stuck on when advancing the story.
(In the first game, it was waiting for the creek around a certain dungeon to freeze before being able to enter it. After unlocking it, I had to motor through at least a couple seasons before it was winter again. Annoying.)
Still ended up playing RF3 for a long time, in large part because I loved the characters.[/QUOTE]

RF3 is awesome, I beat it and then played RF2 and was rather disappointed by how clunky and tedious everything was.

I have a slight intrest to try Arc Rise Fantasia. I don't know weather to succomb to this desire or contuine to do what I think is the smart thing and not even give it a chance.

I actually really liked Arc Rise Fantasia. Once you get used to the voice acting, it's a solid JRPG with a pretty good story.

[quote name='blueshinra']Played some more Rogue Galaxy today, getting access to the Factory. First impressions: it's... kind of a pain in the neck.[/QUOTE]
Hm, I forgot about the factory. I think I really liked using it.

well i hit the part in rf3 where you have to marry somebody. it's hard to decide between all the stupid anime stereotypes!

[quote name='kainzero']well i hit the part in rf3 where you have to marry somebody. it's hard to decide between all the stupid anime stereotypes![/QUOTE]

I didn't know chick who turns into a bird and carpet bombs your enemies was a stereotype.

[quote name='zionoverfire']
I didn't know chick who turns into a bird and carpet bombs your enemies was a stereotype.
[/QUOTE]
That was awesome. She was my second choice after the mermaid Pia.

Raven does neatly fit the tsundere archetype, though.

Speaking of which, how weird is it that in the game, there are two towns who don't get along because one is "human" and the other is "non-human", but a mermaid lives in the human town and there are dwarves living in both? :whistle2:s Also, IIRC the girl artist is an elf, and she lived at the edge of the human town and was accepted by those townspeople. Silly humans and univir :roll:

[quote name='Indignate']Go with the loli. I'm assuming there's a loli.

Hell, they're probably all loli.

This isn't helping.[/QUOTE]
no it's not!
also the actual loli is off limits.

i have pia and raven as my top two, but pia sounds stupid as hell and raven's tsundere personality makes me want to punch japan for inventing it.

i'm tempted to wait for kuruna just because she calls me comrade. also if she keeps referring to "hornless" does that make her "horny"?

hmm

[quote name='kainzero']no it's not!
also the actual loli is off limits.

i have pia and raven as my top two, but pia sounds stupid as hell and raven's tsundere personality makes me want to punch japan for inventing it.

i'm tempted to wait for kuruna just because she calls me comrade. also if she keeps referring to "hornless" does that make her "horny"?

hmm[/QUOTE]

Post pics.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone else planning on playing/replaying Costume Quest to celebrate Halloween? :D[/QUOTE]

If it would go on sale again, so I could pick it up, yes, I would.

[quote name='DaVirtuaFighter']If it would go on sale again, so I could pick it up, yes, I would.[/QUOTE]
Well worth the $15 (although I did get it on sale for $7.50). It smokes Lost Odyssey as far as current-gen turn-based RPGs go, that's for sure.

[quote name='DaVirtuaFighter']If it would go on sale again, so I could pick it up, yes, I would.[/QUOTE]

It's free for plus subscribers right now.

[quote name='bvharris']The first episode of the Persona 4 anime is up on Hulu (and subtitled!)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/286883/persona-4-youre-myself-im-yourself#s-p1-so-i0

I liked it a lot, really seems like a great adaptation of the game. They changed a few plot details in the first episode, but nothing too major. It's a very faithful recreation overall.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link! I watched it. Was definitely faithful to the game. However, despite really enjoying the game, I didn't find the anime too interesting. I don't think it's a game that's necessarily very well-suited to be an anime. However, it was only the first episode and nothing major has really happened yet, so maybe it just needs a few episodes to get going.

[quote name='Indignate']Post pics.[/QUOTE]
pia:
Runefactory3art_%2811%29.jpg

180px-Pia.jpg

kuruna:
Runefactory3art_%284%29.jpg

Raven:
266px-%E7%B4%AB_-_%E3%83%88%E3%82%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%83%8A%E3%81%95%E3%82%93_-_6755261.jpg

Monica (the untouchable true loli)
401px-7977686.jpg
yeah i think pia wins.

[quote name='depascal22']Is it bad that I prefer the English voice over for P4?[/QUOTE]

Forgot to mention that in my post. I do as well.

[quote name='kainzero']
pia:
Runefactory3art_%2811%29.jpg

180px-Pia.jpg

kuruna:
Runefactory3art_%284%29.jpg

Raven:
266px-%E7%B4%AB_-_%E3%83%88%E3%82%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%83%8A%E3%81%95%E3%82%93_-_6755261.jpg

Monica (the untouchable true loli)
401px-7977686.jpg
yeah i think pia wins.[/QUOTE]

Dude...unicorn lady. Contest over.

But seriously, Raven.

maaaaaaaaan

so I got this game on my radar, called Solatorobo.

it's supposed to be a real good game... about furries, but I can let that slide.

what I cant let slide is I was reading the character bios on the official website and it's all like.

age 17. age 14. age 13. age 19.

stop that shyt Japan...

stop. it.

now.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone else planning on playing/replaying Costume Quest to celebrate Halloween? :D[/QUOTE]

Already did and it was awesome!

Just reached the fourth stratum in Etrian Odyssey III. Still got a quest to wrap up on the third, though.

[quote name='kainzero']yeah i think pia wins.[/QUOTE]
Yay, Pia!

[quote name='bvharris']The first episode of the Persona 4 anime is up on Hulu (and subtitled!)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/286883/persona-4-youre-myself-im-yourself#s-p1-so-i0

I liked it a lot, really seems like a great adaptation of the game. They changed a few plot details in the first episode, but nothing too major. It's a very faithful recreation overall.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, it's on the anime network online a week before hulu, just around the day after it airs.

Episode 2 should be up at 3pm EST tomorrow.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/Watch

[quote name='jello44']Just so you know, it's on the anime network online a week before hulu, just around the day after it airs.

Episode 2 should be up at 3pm EST tomorrow.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/Watch[/QUOTE]

Cool! I'll watch it later tonight.
[quote name='JEKKI']maaaaaaaaan

so I got this game on my radar, called Solatorobo.

it's supposed to be a real good game... about furries, but I can let that slide.

what I cant let slide is I was reading the character bios on the official website and it's all like.

age 17. age 14. age 13. age 19.

stop that shyt Japan...

stop. it.

now.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I can't stand that either but it got a good write up in Nintendo power, so I want to try it, but it's a very niche game that several Gamestops don't seem to have around here. I'll have to get it on Amazon.

one of pia's lines is
looks like i'm pregnant!
therefore i will choose pia.

also she has boobs. sorry raven.

[quote name='kainzero']one of pia's lines is
looks like i'm pregnant!

also she has boobs. sorry raven.[/QUOTE]

Fire bird of doom>> boobs anyday.;)

[quote name='blueshinra']
That was awesome. She was my second choice after the mermaid Pia.

Raven does neatly fit the tsundere archetype, though.

Speaking of which, how weird is it that in the game, there are two towns who don't get along because one is "human" and the other is "non-human", but a mermaid lives in the human town and there are dwarves living in both? :whistle2:s Also, IIRC the girl artist is an elf, and she lived at the edge of the human town and was accepted by those townspeople. Silly humans and univir :roll:
[/QUOTE]

Sadly not any more silly than the final boss doing everything so he can watch a tree blosom.

Also I'm amazed they have a type for that, I just assumed it was called ice queen.:lol:

looks like i'm pregnant!

also she has boobs. sorry raven.[/QUOTE]

She also has 8 ears.

looks like i'm pregnant!
[/QUOTE]
I don't remember that, but I'm not surprised that she said it :p

[quote name='depascal22']Is it bad that I prefer the English voice over for P4?[/QUOTE]

Nah, the English dub is actually very well done, although I think Chie sounds cuter in Japanese.

Not to mention, two seconds of Teddie was all that I needed to know that he is going to be annoying as fuck.

[quote name='elessar123']She also has 8 ears.[/QUOTE]
that's okay, i have 9 ears
of corn. lulz at farming jokes.

[quote name='eldergamer']Is it wrong if I'm finding Valkyria Chronciles excessively boring? I'm only at the 5th mission too.[/QUOTE]

You're in the minority, but no, I don't think it's wrong. I've owned the game twice and both times couldn't force myself much beyond the halfway point. On paper, it's everything I should want in a strategy/RPG game, but I just couldn't get into it for some reason either.

[quote name='eldergamer']Is it wrong if I'm finding Valkyria Chronciles excessively boring? I'm only at the 5th mission too.[/QUOTE]
it gets better.

then it turns into anime.

a bad anime.

and let's face it, the battles are easy as shit. the only fun is seeing how fast you can plow through. i really enjoyed the game for its look though, it's too awesome. and i'm not calling the game shallow for that either, because it's great. An SRPG that zooms into a TPS, is a lot fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back