Target Clearance Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Previous threads:

Target clearance is YMMV, ya dig! Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday, although not every Monday, but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Target often donates its older clearance titles to Goodwill stores, so keep that in mind when you're trying to find items. BigDirty: "Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, city and state. For example:
Debbie Does Skywalker, Xbox 360, $4.98
Mesa, AZ Power Road at Superstition Springs

Also, a great help when you're posting deals you've found is to check this post and see if your item's DPCI number is already listed. DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself. DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI numbers that are not already in the OP-- thanks! This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing-- often price tags will not be correct. Thanks to BigDirty for this:
1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Data ,Milk.com , or UPC Database and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to Mephitical for this tool for locating clearance titles, which is located here. Go to Amazon or Target to find the item's ASIN. When you find it, replace "B000O3IS48" in the URL with your item's ASIN. This will take you to a page asking you for your zip code. Type in your zip code and click enter-- this will display a list of local stores and whether or not they have your item in stock. YMMV on it working properly.

The lowest known price will be posted. The item could be higher or lower at your store. Numbers in gold are DPCI numbers, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

:wii: Wii

De Blob (added 06-15-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Madagascar Kartz with wheel (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Madden 2010 (added 09-05-10)
Mario Power Tennis (changed 07-20-10) (changed 08-05-20)
Tiger Woods 10 (added 09-05-10)

Saint (added 09-20-10)
[207-26-0362] Punch Out (added 06-15-10)

Red Steel 2 (added 09-20-10)

[207-26-0432] Metroid Prime Trilogy (changed 07-15-10)
[207-26-0052] Super Paper Mario (changed 07-15-10)

Fifa 10 (added 07-04-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (added 07-05-10)

:360: Xbox 360

Alone in the Dark (added 06-15-10)
Bioshock (added 06-15-20)
Brutal Legend (changed 07-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 06-15-10)
Dead Rising (added 06-25-10)
Left 4 Dead (updated 06-10-10)
Need for Speed Pro Street (changed 07-02-10)
Pro Evolution Soccer (added 09-20-10)
The Saboteur (added 06-30-20)
Saints Row (added 05-05-10)
Ski Doo (added 06-10-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-15-10)
Two Worlds (added 06-15-10)
You're in the Movies bundle (added 06-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

Cabela's 2010 (added 06-15-10)
Oblivion Game of the Year (added 06-15-10)

Are you Smarter than a 5th grader? (added 07-20-10)
Beatles Rock Band [game only] (added 04-12-10) (price updated: 05-12-10)
Call of Juraez (added 09-20-10)
Dead Rising (added 09-20-10)
IL-2 Sturmovik (changed 06-20-10)
Karaoke Revolution (added 08-01-10)
Orange Box (added 09-30-10)
Spongebob: Truth or Square (changed 07-02-10)
Tekken 6 (changed 07-20-10) (added 08-01-10)

Guitar Hero 5 (changed 07-02-10)

Alone in the Dark (added 06-20-10)
Assassin's Creed (added 06-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 09-20-10)
Call of Duty 3 (added 06-05-10)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (added 06-05-10)
Dark Void (added 08-01-10)
Fairytale Fights (added 08-10-10)
Halo Wars (added 06-20-10)
Gears of War (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (added 06-08-10)
Spiderman 3 (added 06-06-10)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (added 06-10-10)
Two Worlds (added 07-03-10)

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (added 06-15-10)

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition (added 08-10-10)
Planet 51 (added 06-22-10)

[207-22-0458] Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (added 07-03-10)

:ps3: Playstation 3

2 pack of USB charging cables for PS3 (added 06-10-10)
Brutal Legend (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (added 07-20-10)
Red Faction: Guerilla (Updated: 06-10-10)

Dark Void (added 07-20-10)
Ghostbusters (added 09-20-10)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-30-10)
Lego Rockband (added 09-20-10)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (added 09-20-10)

Assassin's Creed (added 09-20-10)
Need for Speed Underground (added 09-20-10)
Star Wars Unleashed (added 09-20-10)

Infamous (added 09-20-10)

Beatles Rock Band (added 09-20-10)
Borderlands (added 09-20-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 09-20-10)
MLB: The Show 10 (added 08-01-10)
Prototype (added 09-20-10)
Resistance 2 (added 06-20-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-20-10)
Tekken 6 (added 09-20-10)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added 06-20-10)
UFC 2009 (added 09-20-10)

Resident Evil 5 Gold (added 09-20-10)
MLB 2010 (added 06-20-10)

Little Big Planet with Dual Shock 3 controller (added 06-20-10)

Green Day Rock Band (added 09-20-10)

Buzz Quiz World Bundle (added 09-20-10)

:ps2: Playstation 2

Brutal Legend (added 06-10-10)
MLB 10 (added 06-06-10)

:ds: Nintendo DS

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness (added 07-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

100 classic books (added 08-01-10)

:psp: Sony PSP

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (added 09-20-10)
NBA Inside (added 06-10-10)

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (added 06-06-10)

:pc: PC

Borderlands (added 09-10-10)

Fallout Trilogy (added 06-20-10)

Braid (added 07-20-10)

Metro 2033 (added 09-20-10)
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (added 06-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-20-10)

Other items

[SIZE=+1]Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew. Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.[/SIZE]

The Legend of EL HOARDO as told by Strell
No cankle too big and no score too small,
The one and only EL HOARDO.

He'll steal your stash - gonna take it all,
That's the one - EL HOARDO.

He's gonna run down all the aisles
and snatch up all the loot,
And he's feeling really confident
in his nipple protection suit!

Awesome sideburns and a dapper mask
He's at your local store,
Gonna clean out everything
And then go back for more!

Who's the guy in the Star Trek shades?
He's the man they call EL HOARDO.

His boots are secretly roller blades,
There he goes! EL HOARDO!

He's got a cape and it's totally sweet,
A flash in red and white,
Calls his fanny pack his utility belt,
He's ready for a discount fight!

You'd never think he could run so fast,
With a gut of giant size,
Asks all the ladies if they'd like a ride
On his Starship Enterprise!

What's that sound comin' down the lane?
It can only be EL HOARDO.

His stubby legs are gonna bring the pain,
Brace yourselves - EL HOARDO!

He packs a sword, it's a replica,
Like Zorro in disguise,
Gonna leave an H scratched on the wall,
Then he'll move those ten ton thighs!

Knows all the price drops all the time,
Has inhalers to survive,
Lives in a basement at his parents house,
At the age of thirty five!

That's the one who got your penny guide,
The stallion called EL HOARDO.

He's got his Rascal parked outside,
That Man-of-Men EL HOARDO.

EL HOOOOOOOARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ElHoardo1.jpg

"You just got...EL HOARDO'D!" __________________

There have been some confirmed reports of La Whoreda, the female counterpart to El Hoardo. She is obviously more rare in the Target environment since she usually focuses her energy to her Avon business, but caution should still be exercised.

*Please do not copy this list to Slickdeals or any other competing deal sites. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strell']For those who don't know, Band Hero has arguably the WORST music selection of all these games. And that's including GH Aerosmith.

This is all assuming the BH instruments (essentially GH:WT/GH5 stuff) is cross compatible, which I'm hoping it is.[/QUOTE]

Depends on your music tastes. Right now, I'm having more fun playing Lips than any Rock Band or Guitar Hero game. It seems that RB and GH are afraid of playing too many Pop hits that Lips goes after.

In response to your second question, with the exception of GH2 and GH3, all RB and GH instruments work with all games. Check here: http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Wait, the Marvel show actually has some content worth watching? I saw it in passing and thought it was crap, but if this is true, I might find it pretty humorous. Maybe I can close my eyes and pretend I reading it from a comic aloud.[/QUOTE]

I'm really, really sorry for the OT stuff. :whistle2:#

As CaptainJoel said, yeah, it's pretty damn funny if you are a long-time fan of Marvel. The guys who made it obviously know their stuff and have tongues firmly planted in cheeks. Watch at least 2-3 episodes all the way through, and I guarantee you'll hear a few lines that make you go, "WHAT?! They did not just say that!" LOL

And to keep things somewhat on track: I was out of town today, so I hit some Targets well outside my normal range. All had switched to the plastic prisons, and all had next to nothing on clearance. Nothing even remotely worth looking at. Bummer.

Just picked up GTA ELC :360: for $9.xx earlier today.

Also has anyone found Brutal Legend :360: for less than $14.98(75% off)? I'm hoping it will drop to 90%.

[quote name='Strell']This gives me hope for finding it at this price here, where both Targets have it at 19.98 holding steady. A buddy of mine has a full Band Hero set of instruments, and only Band Hero to play with it.

For those who don't know, Band Hero has arguably the WORST music selection of all these games. And that's including GH Aerosmith.

This is all assuming the BH instruments (essentially GH:WT/GH5 stuff) is cross compatible, which I'm hoping it is.[/QUOTE]

I like band hero, I got it just for the Taylor Swift songs, however they have yet to release more of her dlc.

To Deezul and hqn101: Fair enough. The BH track selection isn't my taste.

I'd just rather have some Beatles is all.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Just picked up GTA ELC :360: for $9.xx earlier today.

Also has anyone found Brutal Legend :360: for less than $14.98(75% off)? I'm hoping it will drop to 90%.[/QUOTE]

nice pick up!:bouncy:

I got the next two Sundays off, so no clearance updates for those next two days. Gotta study for finals. Don't wanna be a Broke Ass Gamer in the future.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Just picked up GTA ELC :360: for $9.xx earlier today.

Also has anyone found Brutal Legend :360: for less than $14.98(75% off)? I'm hoping it will drop to 90%.[/QUOTE]

The MSRP for Brutal Legend should be $19.99 now, so if Target adjusts that before clearance discounting then I could see store having the game for under $10 somewhere at somepoint.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Just picked up GTA ELC :360: for $9.xx earlier today.[/QUOTE]

Where are you located skater?

[quote name='TheHelix']I got the next two Sundays off, so no clearance updates for those next two days. Gotta study for finals. Don't wanna be a Broke Ass Gamer in the future.[/QUOTE]

Good luck on your finals :) I have my last final tomorrow and then I have 2 weeks off before I start up summer session to take my last 2 courses before I graduate :whee:

Nampa, Idaho. What I would do if I were you would be to regularly check Target's online inventory system and see when stock is available at your local store. That's what I did and I was able to nab the last one.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Curious what the price for CoD 3 was, since I'm adamant that nobody should be paying over $15 for it.[/QUOTE]

CoD 3 was $7.xx. Almost all other PS2 games were $5. I didn't look at them all though.

My Target also updated to the plastic prisons, but they still had the same clearance endcap.

[quote name='dabamus']Not clearance, but at the Arlington Rd. Target in Akron, OH I spotted a lone Mass Effect 2 CE brand spanking new. Didn't pick it up, so it was still there at ~5:45PM

GO GO GO![/QUOTE]

Anyone see this and pick it up from here?

[quote name='dabamus']Anyone see this and pick it up from here?[/QUOTE]
Probably one of the lurkers picked it up and won't bother saying anything, then you go there and it's gone.

EDIT: OK. Wtf is with the newer posts going above the older posts still.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Nampa, Idaho. What I would do if I were you would be to regularly check Target's online inventory system and see when stock is available at your local store. That's what I did and I was able to nab the last one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have checked their online inventory system. I went just a couple of days ago and it rang up at $29.99, when it was marked at $39.90. I guess those price drops arrive quicker in the North than in the South. I just need to continue visiting that Target every Monday and Friday to check the price drops.

Just picked up GTA: Vice City Stories (PSP) for $4.98. Not sure why since I don't use my PSP to much but I guess I figured for $5 why not. I also saw Band Hero (PS2) for $9.98 and GH 5 Game+Guitar (PS2) for $19.98. Springfield Mall Target, VA.

Oodles of Transcend USB flash drives just went on clearance here. But the size I want (16 GB) is the only one they have sold out of. Go fucking figure. Guess I'll wait for the 8 GB to drop a few more times, then I'll bite.

I stopped by Target earlier today.

I saw the following shelf tags, but no games :cry:

:ps3: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed $4.xx
:ps3: DIRT 2 $14.xx
:ds: GTA:Chinatown Wars $4.xx :hot:

With the plastic prison, it is getting difficult to spot and wait for clearance games to gradually drop to my must buy price. One week the game is at MSRP and the next week it is clearanced out at 50% or even 75% off. I guess I need to visit some Targets more than once a week nowadays to pick up these bargains.

Is anybody finding any of the popular mentions in this thread at these prices in the Los Angeles area? I've gone to check at a couple but they are full price.

[quote name='koreysimmons']Just picked up GTA: Vice City Stories (PSP) for $4.98. Not sure why since I don't use my PSP to much but I guess I figured for $5 why not. [/QUOTE]

This. I've recently picked up Final Fantasy and GTA:VCS for PSP, but why?
I've got Final Fantasy 2 and Star ocean 1 & 2 still in the sealed from when they went on sale last year!

Is target going to phase out PSP like they are doing with PS2? There are hardly any games out, nor anything great being released. Its like the plastic prison has one little section that shares the row with :pS3: stuff.

Side note is clearance being moved into the plastic prison, as GTA: EFLC was in the plastic prison here, but beatles rock band was on the clearance end cap. Just wondering where to look now.

[quote name='monkeystud']
Side note is clearance being moved into the plastic prison, as GTA: EFLC was in the plastic prison here, but beatles rock band was on the clearance end cap. Just wondering where to look now.[/QUOTE]

My hypothesis is the store gets lazy and leaves the game in the case before it makes room for new games, so I guess if there are a ton of new releases then clearance games can easily be shuffled to the endcaps.

[quote name='kk012']I stopped by Target earlier today.

With the plastic prison, it is getting difficult to spot and wait for clearance games to gradually drop to my must buy price. One week the game is at MSRP and the next week it is clearanced out at 50% or even 75% off. I guess I need to visit some Targets more than once a week nowadays to pick up these bargains.[/QUOTE]

I saw the same tags at targets around so cal. but no games.

[quote name='TheYung1']Is anybody finding any of the popular mentions in this thread at these prices in the Los Angeles area? I've gone to check at a couple but they are full price.[/QUOTE]

what games in particular are you referring to?

So for you people with no morals. I found a glitch.

I had preordered pokemon to get the figures back when people were paying the $1 for the preorder and were able to get the figures for $1 a piece. Great, great.

Anyway, I was in the store and saw they still had some figures. So I asked the clerk how much for them. He said, they were free with purchase of the game now. I told him I had those preorder cards still but had lost my receipt. He said the receipt didn't matter. It was just the preorder card that was needed.

So fast forward to today. I get the cards, and go make the purchase of one copy of each pokemon game. I also get 2 $5 GC with my preorder card and 2 more pokemon figures. I go to another target 2 miles down the road, to return the games and the $5 giftcards. Now I had looked at the receipt, and it did say that the game was valued as $34.99 because of the promo giftcard.

What happens? The chick tells me that I will be getting back $96.and whatever cents. I had only paid $86. and whatever cents. It added the gift cards to my total AND gave me the games at full price.

So long story short, you can preorder games at target with the reservation card, buy the game and get the $5 promo gift card, and return the game at full value. You gain $4 basically.

Now before you people bitch, I did not keep the extra cash. I informed the girl about it and the manager came and also was confused by the situation. I dunno. All I know is, she just gave me back what I was supposed to get back.

I just came to tell you all because I know a bunch of you bought the pokemon figures for a buck and you can basically get $5 for each reservation card you still have for free. Now this might have been a simple mistake or whatever, but if this works, you guys can basically just do it over and over again until they fix it. If you go to target all the damn time, go ahead.

[quote name='kk012']I stopped by Target earlier today.

With the plastic prison, it is getting difficult to spot and wait for clearance games to gradually drop to my must buy price. One week the game is at MSRP and the next week it is clearanced out at 50% or even 75% off. I guess I need to visit some Targets more than once a week nowadays to pick up these bargains.[/QUOTE]

Saw that as well with :ps3: MK vs DC for 7.48. I asked them why they were putting tags on the plastic prison set up when they hadnt had those games for MONTHS. One person didnt know and said it made no sense but thats what they were suppose to do so they did it.

local store has one bundle if Band Hero PS3 for $44.xx. wondering if it's worth it... don't really want it but the flip would be nice.

[quote name='ChadThyJuggla']local store has one bundle if Band Hero PS3 for $44.xx. wondering if it's worth it... don't really want it but the flip would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I bought one of those last week thinking I could get some good money for it. It's still sitting in my house because I've yet to be offered anything at all for it and Gamestop won't buy the drums at all

the main reason I haven't picked it up. the trouble of finding someone local that wants it is more trouble than I feel like going through...

[quote name='modano79']I bought one of those last week thinking I could get some good money for it. It's still sitting in my house because I've yet to be offered anything at all for it and Gamestop won't buy the drums at all[/QUOTE]

You will make money on any of that stuff for the Wii, but PS2 and Xbox are all over the place and not selling. PS3 I am surprised you didn't get anything back for it, but then again many people I know have an older PS2 with all the GH stuff for it or an Xbox and if they already have the bundles for those they just buy the games and use the older console for Rockband/GH. Activision should have put the new GH games only for PS3 and that way they would have sold more bundles but they actually were nice to the players.

It's not a big deal that preorders don't count against return values at Target.

It's been known that manufacturer's coupons don't count against return values in Target's POS for over a year (at least).

If you feel the need to do all that work to exploit Target for ~$5 per copy while exacerbating their lack of patience in acceptaing manufacturing coupons/preorders, great. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to 3 Targets this morning. The first one I went to had two of the 21.5" monitors that were on clearance last week. I was hoping that they would have dropped to at least 50% off and I could buy both and save a lot of money over getting the dual 24" monitors I've been looking at online. Of course someone went and bought one at 30% off and the remaining one didn't drop.

Second Target had :360: Beatles Rock Band for $9.99, but I already have it for PS3 so I passed. They also had :psp: Wall-E, :psp: Star Wars, and :psp: MX vs. ATV all for $13.xx which I passed on. :360: Tetris, :360: Fable II PH, :360: Genesis Collection were also all $13.xx. Already have a sealed copy of Fable II PH that I got last week at that price. Waiting for a drop to see if I can get it for less and return that one. :psp: Final Fantasy was $10, but I don't get the chance to play PSP enough to make it worth it.

Third Target I went to had the same 360 games as the previous one all at $13.xx plus :360: Call of Duty 3 for $20.xx. There was also a ton of PS2 games, but I ignored them.

Did find the G.I. Joe movie action figures for $3.52 each. I can't even remember the last time I bought toys, but the figures reminded me of the ones I had as a kid that have all since had their rubber bands dry rot causing them to break in half. The thought of having some G.I. Joe vs. Cobra knick knacks on my mundane desk sounded cool. Ended up going a little overboard and got six of the coolest looking ones. They all have the same DCPI number so hopefully they'll drop to less than $2 next week and there will be six of the crappy ones left that I buy and return with this weeks receipt. Maybe get the remaining cool looking ones if they're still there.

My plans for this afternoon involve me passing two more Targets. Will probably end up stopping there, too.

My local Target has just switched to the new plastic prison display. I noticed that the bungee cord display prison actually caused severe damages to the game case in it, since the bungee cord portion has two screws that pressed deeply into the game.

Anyway, nothing worthy found in the way of clearance with the new display.

[quote name='gxer2002']what games in particular are you referring to?[/QUOTE]

Was referring to ninja gaiden sigma 2 and :360:GTAEFLC.

One of my regulars went to the plastic prison last week, and I have noticed some very odd price tags on there (although, the game is usually not there :( ). It seems that they don't have enough newer titles to fill all of the slots here, so they seem to be putting tags for old clearance stuff up as placeholders.

I have been really watching those, though, and had some decent luck. I went in probably 3 times last week, and noticed the had GTAEFLC for the 360 marked for $9.98 in the plastic prison, but no copies; the next 2 times I went later in the week, I was able to score one copy on each day (I guess they keep finding stuff in the back from this re-organization of the electronics section).

Anyhow, I strolled back in today, and lo behold, it's back up to $39.99 now, as well as a few other titles; and now, of course, they have lots of copies of these games! One that sticks out is Halo 3. They had a shelf tag showing $7.48 for regular copies of Halo 3, but no copies. This week, they have 7-8 copies, and the price is back up to $29.99!

[quote name='sgaldis']They had a shelf tag showing $7.48 for regular copies of Halo 3, but no copies. This week, they have 7-8 copies, and the price is back up to $29.99![/QUOTE]

You know there are several people reporting this odd showing of prices. I wonder if we can get a raincheck for that game at that price. Has anyone tried that?

Nothing at my Target except Xbox and PS2 games on clearance. The same as last week most now at $12.xx. They still have those Xbox Rockband bundles, didn't even check the price.

Saw for PS 2 the original Marvel Alliance, Need for Speed Underdground and Midnight Club all for $4.98. Few other ps2 games for $7 something.

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']El Hoardo got all the nextar GPS units (there were like 12 or 13 last week). Was kind of hoping it would hit the lowest price. Oh well, saves me money.[/QUOTE]

Were they at 50% off last week? If so, then odds are it was taken out of the system and went to the Goodwill. Unfortunately, the Goodwill sells them at or above the last Target price.

I have a question in regards to those GPS units, but also in general: If something starts off at 15% before going to 30% and then 50%, is 50% the final step, and it goes to salvage without ever going to 75%? I'm sure there might occasionally be exceptions, but is that the general rule? Thanks!

[quote name='DJP519']I have a question in regards to those GPS units, but also in general: If something starts off at 15% before going to 30% and then 50%, is 50% the final step, and it goes to salvage without ever going to 75%? I'm sure there might occasionally be exceptions, but is that the general rule? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Around Christmas I was able to get a couple of the clearanced TomTom GPSs for 75% off, so it's totally possible. Some of the electronics stuff like TVs and whatnot seem to follow a much stricter clearance scale (something like 10% / 15% -> 30% -> 35% -> 50% -> ???) so it might take much longer (several months) to reach 50% off let alone 75% if it was ever headed there. It also seems like if they aren't selling well at lesser discounts they get sent back to Target HQ and redistributed (but that was just what one employee told me).

I was recently told by a manager that a.) how long something stays at XX% off is often dependent on how well it's selling at that discount at that store and b.) that they're not doing 75% off anymore which, while I don't totally buy it, still made my cheap ass shiver a little.

[quote name='sgaldis']...Anyhow, I strolled back in today, and lo behold, it's back up to $39.99 now, as well as a few other titles; and now, of course, they have lots of copies of these games! One that sticks out is Halo 3. They had a shelf tag showing $7.48 for regular copies of Halo 3, but no copies. This week, they have 7-8 copies, and the price is back up to $29.99![/QUOTE]

Kinda noticed the same thing at the Target near my place. Last week they had Ultimate Alliance 2 listed for $9.98 and now it bumped back to $29.99.

[quote name='yedgee']Picked up RE5 (PS3) for $7.48.

Nothing even remotely worthwhile on clearance aside from that.[/QUOTE]

WTF! That's cheaper than what the PC version went for ($12.48). Nice find!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back