The Lance Cade Memorial Wrestling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueSwim']You really don't know? Seriously?

It's because of the suspensions and fines the NFL and other sports organizations hand out for DRUG VIOLATIONS. Not to mention that Marijuana is an ILLEGAL DRUG. Whether it's harmful or not is irrelevant.[/QUOTE]
Marijuana is illegal!?!?!?! Whoa! You know so much information, sir.

Seriously though, pro wrestling seems to turn the other cheek with marijuana for the most part. The WWE did it for years and after RVD and Sabu got arrested while under contract they enforced marijuana quite a bit more. For years though the talent would simply pay the fine and go on smoking. Really it shouldn't be a big deal or a "career threat."

Most, of you have probably never tried marijuana and I am sure have a warped vision of what it is. As long as it's not abused, smoking could and does in many cases help a lot of wrestlers get through the pain of working the physically demanding schedules they are constantly on.

[quote name='Sigma']Marijuana is illegal!?!?!?! Whoa! You know so much information, sir.

Seriously though, pro wrestling seems to turn the other cheek with marijuana for the most part. The WWE did it for years and after RVD and Sabu got arrested while under contract they enforced marijuana quite a bit more. For years though the talent would simply pay the fine and go on smoking. Really it shouldn't be a big deal or a "career threat."

Most, of you have probably never tried marijuana and I am sure have a warped vision of what it is. As long as it's not abused, smoking could and does in many cases help a lot of wrestlers get through the pain of working the physically demanding schedules they are constantly on.[/QUOTE]

We're talking about the reality of smoking weed in professional sports *now*, you're trying to have a conversation about the fact that you think marijuana is okay and should be legal. These are two different conversations. If you want to let your views cloud (ah-ha!) the issue, that's completely on you. Please, though, don't think that careers haven't been hampered by just 'paying the fine' (see: Brian Kendrick).

Edit - Look, I had more here, and it was a bit more antagonistic than I meant it to be. This isn't the vs. forum, so I deleted it. If you want to debate marijuana, go post in that forum. Let's get back to wrestling.

[quote name='007']If you want to let your views cloud (ah-ha!) the issue, that's completely on you. Please, though, don't think that careers haven't been hampered by just 'paying the fine' (see: Brian Kendrick).[/QUOTE]

For every Brian Kendrick or RVD, there is a Orton or Undertaker.

Weed is only an issue if the company makes it one.

Kendrick vocally scoffed at the "Weed Tax" as he put it, constantly paying it for such a large amount of time. It's not like he was trying to hide it and was caught accidentally.

[quote name='Sigma']Marijuana is illegal!?!?!?! Whoa! You know so much information, sir.[/QUOTE]
picture.php

Get off your high horse(pun not intended). You're in no position to be sarcastic. You asked why people say Marijuana use is career-threatening and I gave you the only answer your question needed. If you don't want a response like that than quit talking about it like it's as legal as water. Or, better yet, just stop talking about Marijuana all together and lets get back to talking about Pro Wrestling.

-------

I checked out Dragon Gate USA's YouTube page and found this pretty damn good "bonus match".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5UC3Y6vL2I

Better than almost every match on Raw this year. Indies > WWE, TNA. Was that filmed at the ECW Arena?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Kendrick vocally scoffed at the "Weed Tax" as he put it, constantly paying it for such a large amount of time. It's not like he was trying to hide it and was caught accidentally.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. That's the issue, really... WWE is a publicly-traded company that caters (now) almost exclusively to children. They have to maintain that public image, and Kendrick/RVD weren't very, uh, quiet about their usage.

For what it's worth, if Orton and Taker use (and I'm not doubting it), that's the first I've actually heard of it, which goes far in making a point in of itself.

Sidenote: I also have to be honest and assume that Taker, at this point, could probably be snorting lines off of hookers right before matches and still stay employed. I'd guess that he's a guy that, bottom-line, has the same level of protection as HHH, so Taker might be irrelevant here.

[quote name='Demolition Man']http://twitter.com/tnanonymous

Any guesses on who it is? Apparently its one of the 15 folks who contract expires in October.[/QUOTE]

Well, uh, it says Christopher Daniels now, so that may clear it up.

This is all just kind of bizarre, really.

[quote name='007']Well, uh, it says Christopher Daniels now, so that may clear it up.[/QUOTE]

Up until a few minutes ago the account had a pretty lengthy rant about how TNA is ruined and that its no longer the company it used to be.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Up until a few minutes ago the account had a pretty lengthy rant about how TNA is ruined and that its no longer the company it used to be.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, it actually changed about three times while I was responding to your post. Then it popped up the Daniels message, which made my entire speculation moot.

Anyone happen to save any of the tweets, since it's been cleared?

is it wrong to love the bothamania entrance more than the clips most of the time???

[quote name='Demolition Man']Up until a few minutes ago the account had a pretty lengthy rant about how TNA is ruined and that its no longer the company it used to be.[/QUOTE]

yeah, we were talking about it a few pages ago. Brak and I were skeptical that it was a legit TNA employee.

I don't think it's Christopher Daniels. It'd be weird for him to reveal himself this early. The only thing I can think of is that TNA found out who it was and got ahold of the account and put who it was. The realhulk_hogan account is following @facdaniels.. why would he follow his own feed? Maybe it's someone else trying to use Christopher Daniels as a scapegoat? I don't know.

This is interesting.

[quote name='Scorch']yeah, we were talking about it a few pages ago. Brak and I were skeptical that it was a legit TNA employee.

I don't think it's Christopher Daniels. It'd be weird for him to reveal himself this early. The only thing I can think of is that TNA found out who it was and got ahold of the account and put who it was. The realhulk_hogan account is following @facdaniels.. why would he follow his own feed? Maybe it's someone else trying to use Christopher Daniels as a scapegoat? I don't know.

This is interesting.[/QUOTE]
whatever it is...bonus points for having the super mario rpg save button as your avatar pic...

Christopher Daniels twitter:

Just so everyone knows, I am NOT posting as @realHulkHogan or @TNAnonymous ! To whoever is, I don't appreciate you using my name to troll!

Shawn Mihaels and his wife have opened up a family-fun center in Spring Branch, TX!

http://www.emerald-rainbow.com/

Plus, for a paltry $5000 fee, you can have Shawn HIMSELF show up at your child's birthday party for 30-minutes of autographs and whatnot!

Hopefully he slides in on a tether, or at least superkicks one of the uglier guests.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Shawn Mihaels and his wife have opened up a family-fun center in Spring Branch, TX!

http://www.emerald-rainbow.com/

Plus, for a paltry $5000 fee, you can have Shawn HIMSELF show up at your child's birthday party for 30-minutes of autographs and whatnot!

Hopefully he slides in on a tether, or at least superkicks one of the uglier guests.[/QUOTE]

Who loves Shawn Michaels that much?

I love the "Sabu is a reverse Samson" joke Maffew threw in there.

Also, nice to see Shawn is making the best of his retirement and starting a business, though I kinda wished he'd open up another wrestling school. A lot of talent came out of his first one.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Who loves Shawn Michaels that much?[/QUOTE]

Actually, that isn't that bad (if you can afford it) compared to what other big name wrestlers charge for a meet and greet. I know Goldberg charges 20G and what was Ric Flair being paid after he left the WWE, 30?

I think I just discovered the Motor City Machine Guns. I literally just switched over to cable to avoid burn in on our plasma TV and happened upon their match with Beer Money Inc. Dang. Just...dang. Why can't all of TNA be that good?

[quote name='diddy310']Storm and his beer bottle won that entire last segment..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was great.

"The Whole F'N Show" delivered with the tag title and Angle-AJ matches. The Guns-Beer Money match was incredible, and the first fall definitely lived up to its "match of the candidate" hype. Tons of amazing stuff, and I loved how the past played into the third fall - neither La Resistance's or Badd Company's finisher could get it done, and it instead took two of the Guns's finishers to win the match. AJ-Angle was short, but pretty good - I loved Angle blocking the low blow and applying the ankle lock to win. The women's match was nothing, as was the triple threat, which foolishly only featured Anderson's entrance. Not the Pope's big, flashy blingy one, nope, just Anderson's. Abyss-RVD was one boring ladder match. It was ladder match spots by the number and done at a glacial speed - even Dixie and Terry Taylor looked board by it until Abyss grabbed Janice, then got Van Terminatored with the barb wire board. RVD's feet catching the rope leading to a landing kind of on a ladder but mostly resulting in a splat on the floor was pretty scary.

The Fortune beatdown of EV2 was underwhelming partly because of the execution, but also because they just did one of these things a month ago. It was high on comedy though - Raven running down to get BONKED was hilarious, as was Sandman taking forever to get to the ring, and the crowd chanting "THIS IS AWESOME" as the vile heels beat down the babyfaces amused me. Ditto RVD being magically injured in the back by Abyss while covered in blood. This was really hokey, and I didn't like them saying "IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED, YOU HAVE TO WATCH REACTION!". Having Impact bleed into Reaction makes some sense, sure, but it's still a sleazy move to make people watch two shows to find out what happened on this one.

Reaction had some great stuff, like the Guns highlight package and the shocking amount of truth in AJ and Kaz's bit where they talked about Dixie foolishly signing tons of guys from other companies when their TNA base talent can carry the ball. Simon Diamond calling RVD's wife to inform her of his bludgeoning by using his worked name was hilarious. Then Dixie Carter tried to act with Tommy Dreamer. That was even funnier - especially with the British Invasion theme playing in the background. This show really dragged on - it started off interesting, but got boring pretty quickly with the whole fake-reality vibe they're going for. Devon's promo at the end ruled though. Reaction's credits were something else. They completely killed the whole 'real' vibe the show had, and made it seem like just another TV show and drove home that everything on it was fake. I didn't mind WCW using credits for their PPVs and JCP used them well for their TV shows, but TNA's usage of them here bothered me.

Screens -

THIS IS WRESTLING

Quotes -

TNA Impact 8-12-10 - Whole F’N Show

Tenay - IT’S AN IMAPCT LIKE NONE YOU’VE SEEN BEFORE! HULK HOGAN HAS A SPECIAL SURPRISE!
Taz - AJ’s got some new ink on his side - his initials and the birthdates of his kids. Pretty cool.
Tenay - THREE HOURS OF TNA WRESTLING EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT!
Taz - AJ Styles - the best in the game.
(after the Pele)Crowd - OLE, OLE OLE OLE, OLE OLE OLE OLE!
(AJ’s cover after the Pele)Taz - One more and Angle would’ve been doneski!
Taz - MOONSAULT BODYBLOCK FROM ANGLE!
Taz - AJ’s the TV champ - he’s gotta defend that thing each week on TV.
(as Angelina comes out)Taz - I’ve always loved turquoise.
Tenay - She wears it well.
Taz - Wow wow!
Tenay - Waiting for the Pigeons to be let loose.
Taz - It’s coming!
Taz - Madison’s been a fighting champion.
Tenay - Depends on the reign - the previous one or the new one.
Taz - Well, the previous one.
Tenay - Kinda bled into this one.
Taz - Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Taz - How do you become a second rope? Is there like a resume I can send in?
Taz - I envy Andrew Thomas, and I never do, because he’s in the middle of these two.
Taz - Who is this mystery woman?
Crowd - TARA! TARA!
Taz - That giant helmet just perplexes me.
Tenay - It’s really hard to pay attention to the in-ring action and the stuff outside.
Anderson - Good evening, assholes! And gentlemen. Ladies and gentlemen, I hail from Green Bay, WISCONSIN AND I MIGHT BE PICKING UP SOME FREE CHEDDAR ON THE WAY TO THE RING. MIISTER…..
Crowd - ANDERSON!
Anderson - You can do better than that.
Anderson MISSTTTTEERR…. ANNNDDERRRRSOOOONNNNN!
Crowd - ANDERSON!
Tenay - Jeff Hardy knew he needed to be part of this ONCE IN A LIFETIME IMPACT, so he made an open challenge.
Moore - Hey Jeff. Jeff, ya looked shocked. Ya know what - I couldn’t think of a better night for me to come out and prove that I can stand on the same pedestal one of the best in the world - Jeff Hardy. No matter what happens, we’re leaving here brothers.
Tenay - I SAW THESE TWO GUYS ARRIVE AT IMAPCT TODAY! IN THE SAME CAR!
Taz - This is a match between two friends. Friendlings. They’re like brothers. Siblings.
Tenay - Thanks.
Tenay - He outquicked Jeff Hardy.
Taz - That’s a Taz-ism.
Tenay - Where do you think I got it from?
Tenay - If you’re scoring this on points like I know that you do.
Taz - Oh definitely…
Tenay - You’d have to give it to Shannon Moore.
Tenay - This is the best series of tag team matches I’ve ever seen, and it is PERHAPS THE BEST SERIES OF MATCHES SINGLES OR TAGS EVER!
Tenay - WHAT A WHOLE F’N SHOW THIS HAS BEEN, AND IT PROMISES EVEN MORE SURPRISES WITH HULK HOGAN’S BIG SURPRISE.
Crowd - THIS IS WRESTLING! THIS IS WRESTLING!
Crowd - MATCH OF THE YEAR! MATCH OF THE YEAR!
(after the neck breaker/body block combo)Taz - SABIN’S SHOCKED AND SO AM I - I THOUGHT HE HAD IT!
Taz - Which match between these guys was match of the year?
Tenay - THAT WAS THE BEST DAMNED SERIES IN THE HISTORY OF WRESTLING!
Taz - Imagine what it’s like to get hit by Janice? All those nails with the power of Abyss!
Crowd - EC-DUB! EC-DUB!
Tenay - TACKS, GLASS, AND NOW THE BARB-WIRE BOARD!
Taz - Everything’s gone the opposite way it should’ve for Abyss.
(after RVD catches his foot on the ropes)Crowd - OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!
Tenay - VAN TERMINATOR!
Tenay - THE WHOLE F’N SHOW HAS BEEN REAL F’N GREAT!
(as Hogan comes out)Taz - Speak of the devil…
Hogan - I think everybody in TNA World knows why this guy is our leader! HOW BOUT IT GUYS!? RVD, I’ve been around the block a couple times, BUT I’VE NEVER SEEN A CHAMPION - YOU’RE THE HOOD ORNAMENT OF TNA AND YOU’RE TAKING THIS COMPANY ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP! I HAD GOOSEBUMPS WHEN I SAW OUR CHAMP AGAINST SABU - THE MOST DANGEROUS MAN IN THIS BUSINESS! HARDCORE JUSTICE MADE THE TNA WORLD RAISE THE BAR! I have to thank Dixie for taking me somewhere I’ve never been before! WHEN I SAW RVD IN THE RING WITH ALL THOSE GREAT ATHLETES OF EV2 WHEN I SAW THE DREAMER TURN IT ON AND RHINO GORE THE WORLD AND SABU DO HIS THING! THAT MOTLEY CREW TAUGHT ME WHAT HARDCORE WAS! THEY GAVE US A SHOT IN THE ARM THAT TNA NEEDED TO TAKE US TO ANOTHER LEVEL. DIXIE CARTER, OUR NUMBER 1 LADY, INVITED YOUR FRIENDS HERE TONIGHT. They watched your title match - and I’d like to give this ring to EV2! Tenay - HOGAN GIVES EV2 ONE MORE LAST CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE!
Hogan - When I came to TNA, I was looking for the higher ground. We can go somewhere where even Hogan’s never been - and EV2 WITH TOMMY DREAMER TOOK US TO THAT PLACE! I BOW DOWN TO EV2 AND GIVE YOU GUYS MY RING WITH NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!
Dreamer - As the Hulkster said, Sunday, we raised the bar and tonight, Beer Money-Machine Guns, RVD, Abyss - YOU SHOWED US WHAT WE TRIED TO PROVE SUNDAY CUZ THE BAR HAS BEEN RAISED EVEN MORE. When I came up with this master plan, it was keep this rolling - Dixie, we couldn’t have done this without you!
Crowd - THANK YOU, DIXIE! THANK YOU, DIXIE!
Dreamer - WE FOUGHT ONE LAST TIME TOGETHER. YOU’RE MY BROTHERS, MY FAMILY - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SHOW YOU PUT ON! AND FOR SUNDAY NIGHT, HARDCORE JUSTICE, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, I THIANK YOU GUYS. SERIOUSLY I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Tenay - The lights go out…
Taz - OH SHIT, THAT’S FORTUNE!
(as the heroic EV2 guys get beaten down by Fortune)Crowd - THIS IS AWESOME!
Tenay - FOR AN UPDATE ON RVD…Stay tuned to Reaction!

TNA Reaction 8-12-10

(minutes after Tenay says "They" is Fortune)Announcer Dude - WHO IS THEY!?
Simon - SONYA, IT’S SIMON DIAMOND - WE’RE TAKING HIM TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!
AJ - DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A RAT-INFESTED BINGO HALL!? IT’S TNA!
Kaz - Why does Dixie keep bringing in guys from other companies? WE’RE THE WORKHORSES! WE MADE TNA! What they did 10-20 years ago means NOTHING in 2010! Those guys are gonna be working Indy dates while we’re flying on Flairforce One!
Love - When like, the storylines are based on reality, they’re like the best.
Velvet - MADISON, AFTER MONTHS OF BEING A BITCH, GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED!
Dreamer - WE SINGLE-HANDEDLY CHANGED THIS BUSINESS!
Devon - THE WORST THING YOU GUYS COULDA DONE WAS LET US KEEP BREATHING AND THAT’S WHAT YOU DID! NOW, YOU’VE GOT SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT! TESTIFY!
Angle - I think EV2 has bumped the ratings and probably did one of the highest buyrates in TNA history. Is that good in a long-run? No.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm watching TNA for the first time.. I've seen matches here and there but never a full episode. I don't know if I just picked a good night to watch or what, but I'm loving this. Actual wrestling, and good wrestling at that. I'm up to Beer Money vs. .. who is it? Motor City Machineguns? I also love that.. the tag teams have ACTUAL TAG TEAM NAMES and not just a play off of their names (The Usos, Hart Dynasty, Miz and Morrison, etc). I may make the effort to tune in weekly.

I don't care for Taz and Tenay as the commentators, though. I'd love to hear Jim Ross call some of these matches.

Beer Money/MCM is the first time in a long, long time that I've thoroughly enjoyed watching a tag team match.

I missed the first part of Impact thanks to the Scott Pilgrim game, but amazingly tuned in on time for the tag match. fucking amazing.

So is TNA on the path to something great, or does this seem like a one-off anomaly of a great show?

I'm honestly so far off the radar right now I haven't kept up with much. I read the spoilers on Monday and that's about all the wrestling I've managed this week. Did sound like a great show though.

Probably a one off. The tag match was so good it made me check this forum for the first time in ages just to see if people were talking about it, but that just seems to be the way TNA operates; they put on an incredible show and then do absolutely everything in their power to destroy that momentum.

The first part of the tag match I saw before I switced channels was stellar. the rest of the show didn't seem terrible or anything, just painfully average. not even that ending did anything for me because TNA overuses that ending to the point that I'm just blase about it now.

Not even RVD being laid out in a bloody heap on the ground impressed me because, once again, every week someone winds up bleeding like a stuck pig once an episode on Impact. I'm just so desensitized to it all.

[quote name='Shmitty']Probably a one off. The tag match was so good it made me check this forum for the first time in ages just to see if people were talking about it, but that just seems to be the way TNA operates; they put on an incredible show and then do absolutely everything in their power to destroy that momentum.[/QUOTE]

Let's not put the cart before the horse - now having only read the spoilers, having Fourtune (is this the official spelling yet, b/c it should be) destroy the ECW guys is the sensible payoff for the buildup to Hardcore Justice. The show-ending brawl sounded like a great idea, so moving forward I don't know if they've destroyed any momentum yet.

Hopefully good ratings for this weeks show means more wrestling. My fear about the Fourtune group is that they will ally themselves with Sting and Kevin Nash and take the focus off of the young guys.

I think the TNA show was a one-off thing, but I will definitely tune in next week.

[quote name='JJSP']Lance Cade has died at the age of 29.[/QUOTE]

What?! He was only 29! Was it an accidental overdose or suicide? I never cared for him when he was with Murdoch, though I loved their debut theme (I don't know why, honestly) when they debuted in Nashville. You can hear the theme in all of their debut vignettes. You literally cannot find a CD quality version of this theme anywhere. I didn't even realize he actually debuted in 2003 with Mark Jindrak. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxsa820scKI

They only used the theme once and it was that night. I was pretty excited when he was able to break away from the tag scene and got a push and worked programs with Jericho and Shawn Michaels..

I guess we need to change the name of the topic now.. fuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
WWE issued a statement and cited heart failure..

World Wrestling Entertainment was informed Friday morning by Lance McNaught’s father that he has passed away of apparent heart failure.

WWE extends its deepest condolences to the McNaught family.

Mr. McNaught was under contract from March 2003 to October 2008 and performed under the name "Lance Cade." He returned to FCW, WWE’s developmental territory, in September 2009, and was released in April 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back