TRU B&M 20% off coupon and $10 off of a $50 or more purchase.

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
Credit goes to helenb over at SD.net

http://www6.toysrus.com/our/tru/pro...mail/Save20.cfm - 20% off coupon. It says that it can't be used on video game hardware, but it doesn't say that it excludes video game software.

Valid May 11-21

http://www6.toysrus.com/our/tru/prom/2005WelcomeEmail/Save10.cfm - 10 off a $50 purchase. Again excludes use on video game hardware but no where mentions software.

Valid May 11-21
Scans of the coupons

http://24.188.105.178:770/coupon/10.htm - Scan of the $10 off $50 purchase coupon for those that can't get the other links to work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/sostrooper/stuff/tru20coupon.jpg - Link for the 20% off coupon.

Also, remember that if you can't get the links to work to bring up the coupon then all you have to do is go and delete all of your cookies and history and it should work.

Thanks to Roufuss and SOSTrooper for prividing the links.

I'm assuming these coupons also work with memory cards since the GBA Players work too?

I'm thinking of picking up a Nintendo memory card 1019 (which I was going to have to buy this week anyway) and maybe adding GBA Zelda: The Minish Cap to get over the $50 range. That should come out to around $38 instead of $60 if I'm doing this correctly.

[quote name='serro821']Admiral,

Would the $10 off coupon work for a game that costs 49.99?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I used both coupons on a game that cost $49.99.

Just got back from my local TRU. I must say I had a really good experience. When I in, I went to the counter first and showed the csr the coupons. I asked if I could double up and he was like no problem.

I then looked for Stella Deus and Nocturne but no luck. I ended up getting Jungle Beat w/ Bongos and Digital Devil Saga. I got each for $33.99 plus tax. Pretty good I say.

Well, I decided not to get Forza since I didn't feel like playing a racer. Instead, I did get Ghost in the Shell: SAC and Samurai Legend: Musashi, for PS2. I had the 20% used on SL: Musashi and used the $10 off od $50 or more purchase. I ended up saving $17, which is still pretty good.

Hm... since it looks like God of War won't drop price for awhile, I'll just pick it up at TRU for 30 or so. I did want to get Metal Slug 4+5 when it released with the 20% off, but it comes out the 24th and the coupons ends the 21st =/

So the proper order of coupons is 20% off and then 10 dollars off for maximum savings?

[quote name='Roufuss']Hm... since it looks like God of War won't drop price for awhile, I'll just pick it up at TRU for 30 or so. I did want to get Metal Slug 4+5 when it released with the 20% off, but it comes out the 24th and the coupons ends the 21st =/

So the proper order of coupons is 20% off and then 10 dollars off for maximum savings?[/QUOTE]

Yes, 20% off one first and then the $10 off $50. ;)

-Morpheus

Effing awesome-huge thanks to OP. Picked up Psychonauts with no problem whatsoever using both coupons- rang up around $30. I'll go back and get a game a day for the next week prolly. Also noticed Ninja Gaiden for $15 on the shelves- not sure if thats a big deal as I got mine a year ago. Anyone know if that should be posted?

Heck yeah - that's a great price for NG. Are you sure that was the price?

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos'] Also noticed Ninja Gaiden for $15 on the shelves- not sure if thats a big deal as I got mine a year ago. Anyone know if that should be posted?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The_Continental']Heck yeah - that's a great price for NG. Are you sure that was the price?[/QUOTE]

Yea- I was cautious myself- wanted to take a picture of it. I'd have bought it but I already own it and can't beat it. There was just sticker tags on a side of the aisle rack, mostly filled with cheaper game and the sticker said "Ninja Gaiden $14.99". I might be going back to get Forza or something sometime this week- i'll bring a camera i guess.

When everyone is using both coupons, do you bring them cut out along the dotted line or bring in the entire page print out? I'd like to pick up something this week and would like to minimize any hastles from the cashiers since I've had some bad experiences in the past.

[quote name='GunstarRed']When everyone is using both coupons, do you bring them cut out along the dotted line or bring in the entire page print out? I'd like to pick up something this week and would like to minimize any hastles from the cashiers since I've had some bad experiences in the past.[/QUOTE]

Do not cut it out. First time I did the coupon stacking the cashier said next time bring the whole printed sheet.

-Morpheus

[quote name='GunstarRed']When everyone is using both coupons, do you bring them cut out along the dotted line or bring in the entire page print out? I'd like to pick up something this week and would like to minimize any hastles from the cashiers since I've had some bad experiences in the past.[/QUOTE]

To the two posters above: Read the bold.

The whole sheet when printed has the direct link to where the coupon is. This way the cashier can verify it quickly. Cutting it out takes away the web address and causes some to suspect it is a fake. So, to avoid a hassle bring the whole sheet. Its not like its going to hurt you. Actually, it makes it easier than having to cut it out. :D

-Morpheus

[quote name='Morpheus']To the two posters above: Read the bold.

The whole sheet when printed has the direct link to where the coupon is. This way the cashier can verify it quickly. Cutting it out takes away the web address and causes some to suspect it is a fake. So, to avoid a hassle bring the whole sheet. Its not like its going to hurt you. Actually, it makes it easier than having to cut it out. :D

-Morpheus[/QUOTE]

I ripped the bottom off of mine, just so that part that says only one coupon may be printed out and redeemed isnt there anymore. I know it probably means that specific coupon, but I did it just in case the cashier reads that and refuses to scan the coupons.

The links don't work for me. Is it only me or they pulled it off? I found the 20% off coupon in a previous post, and anyone can host the 10 off 50 one?

Funny, when I go to print the coupon now, now I get something like you can only print this coupon once and a blank white page. Strange, it allowed me to print the couon like fifty times before without any problem. Guess I'll just clear cookies and history/cache then.

Does this work on PC games as well?

I was thinking about buying Guild Wars (if they have it). I'm just making sure so I don't waste a trip. It's the only game I'm considering of getting at this time. There are way too many games I have to complete right now, so I'm not really in the mood to add on to my stack of unbeaten console games.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']Does this work on PC games as well?

I was thinking about buying Guild Wars (if they have it). I'm just making sure so I don't waste a trip. It's the only game I'm considering of getting at this time. There are way too many games I have to complete right now, so I'm not really in the mood to add on to my stack of unbeaten console games.[/QUOTE]

Yes this should work out on PC games. I'm not sure though whether or not they have Guild Wars though.

Alright, thanks.. now I just have to decide if it's worth driving to Toys R Us in this crappy weather for a game.

I'll probably head off to the one at Flamingo & Maryland Pkwy, if I do decide to go.

[quote name='ryosnk']shit links says; coupon can only be printed once and theirs no coupon.[/QUOTE]

Just clear your cookies and try again. It sets a cookie prohibiting more than one print (and sometimes not even that).

Used mine on LEGO Star Wars and R-Type Final for PS2 for a total of $33. Awesome... Also used one of the 20% off coupons on one of those silly foam hover crafts that fly with the remote control. My wife wanted one...

Will likely go back to pick up Need for Speed Underground 2 for DS and a SW action figure. Shoudl total about $31.

Thanks CAG!

[quote name='Samurai T']So did I, and the cashier did not question it at my TRU.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I cut them out and had no problem whatsoever.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yes this should work out on PC games. I'm not sure though whether or not they have Guild Wars though.[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't. I checked today.

TRU barely have any PC games. do they have rated M pc games at TRU? like doom3 or splinter cell? i also want to get guild wars. mostly i see sims and spiderman games.

I used both today to buy a 12-month Live Starter. No problems at all and got it for $50.xx with tax. Prolly going to have to get Forza and/or God of War.
Peace
coltcannon

[quote name='trunks982']TRU barely have any PC games. do they have rated M pc games at TRU? like doom3 or splinter cell? i also want to get guild wars. mostly i see sims and spiderman games.[/QUOTE]

We only get a few of each title unless they sell. We have one copy left of Doom 3 at my store. Half Life 2 is still on our shelf too. Not that many though and they've been sitting there for awhile.

Edit: save you people some trouble. as of now, TRU does NOT carry Guild Wars. Sorry.

I bought the EyeToy and a 24 pack of Fla-vor-Ice for $35.78 AT.
On my receipt it shows $32.22 for they EyeToy, then below it the discounts ($49.99-9.72 with the $10 coupon) and ($40.27-$8.05 with the 20% off)
The Fla-vor-Ice was $1.21, discounts of ($1.49-0.28 with the $10 coupon).
Should have been about $1.20 cheaper based on my math. Sales tax and all...not complaining. They had quite a good list of $20 and $30 games (like Star Ocean & Xenosaga 2) so I will prob go back tomorrow.
btw, the saleswoman said I was the first person who brought in a color coupon. She said that some looked as though someone ate their lunch off it and let the dog chew it up partway first...heh ;)

I wanna thank Hiccup. Thanks to him, I got Dynasty Warriors 5 nice and cheap, which I don't think I would have gotten without it. I still have a second set of coupons so I may go back out and get something else.

I had to go to two different TRUs but I did manage to pick up both Nocturne and DDS, and neither of the cashiers questioned the coupons. Thanks Hiccup!

thanks got pac-pix and hot shots psp for 51.98. they also gave me a $3 off coupon on my receipt for when i go back tonight and get 2 more games :)

Went & picked up the only copy of SMT: Nocturne my local TRU had. Also got the last copy of SMT: DDS they had yesterday. Got them for $68 combined. Thanks a bunch hiccup

bread's done
Back