Pokemon Y for $19.99 at Toys R Us on 12/6 -12/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Gotta figure they might print a retraction on this, but you should be able to get a price match at other stores with the flyer.

http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/BrowseByPage/Index/?StoreID=2561290&PromotionID=95566&PromotionViewMode=1

If the link doesn't work, it's on Page 4 of the Friday and Saturday Ad.  

I'll be taking it to Best Buy in the morning for a price match.  

tru-pokemon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the Sugar Land, TX store had the sign up when I got there at 4:30pm. They had one copy on the shelf. I pleaded with the manager that I had read someone bought a copy earlier and they were giving one per customer. I even said I was willing to buy Mario Party IT for $40 and didn't even care if I got the $10 gift card. He said that corporate had sent an e-mail and disabled the system from allowing the override (didn't believe that bit) So I said, 'well I'm just going to take the ad and go to BBY or Target, but I'd rather spend the money here' He just wished me luck, and off I went.

Had no problem at BBY, went to the main checkout lane, the clerk just looked at the ad, manager didn't even question it, just entered in his credentials and walked away. It was interesting to learn that GCU doesn't stack with price overrides, but I guess part of me assumed it wouldn't. All is good!

Just scored this game with this deal. First time playing a Pokemon game since the Pokemon stadium on Nintendo 64!

Bought it yesterday at TRU, then got it adjusted 5 minutes ago. Got a little nervous bc it took 4 tries. Wasn't a big time waster either, since it was 2 blocks from my work. Guess I'm finally gonna see what the Pokemon hype is all about. Thanks OP!

i know i shouldnt be nerd raged over this but i am.

shot down at target... rationale is because the print next to the games in the ad about the $10 gift card.  they claim the 20 price is only valid with two games and netting the gc.  idiotic reasoning.

went through two managers even.

Unsuccessful at my Walmart in Honolulu. Manager told me they needed a physical ad since we're different from continental US. Does anyone know if I could get a match from BB online? TRU is about 30 miles away for me and over 2 hour bus ride to and from. Doesn't help that CS from corporate and local BB is always busy......

Thanks OP.  Went to target with the add.   The electronics clerk took me to customer service and had no issues with the price match.

Got target to match the price. The girl kept saying she wouldn't do it because it was only a 2day sale and they don't match limited time sales. I asked to see what target corporate policy was defining as a "limited time sale" and they had nothing to back it up. I understand if it was a black Friday deal for only a couple hours but even target does 2day sales once in a while. She finally gave in after a few minutes and did the match.

was a hassle but managed to get one at Best Buy. I decided I wanted to get another right when I was about to pay, but they were out already lol. wish i couldve gotten it at TRU (out of stock, everyone took them) but still content.

Weekly sales are limited time deals lol. Big difference from a two hour doorbuster.

Anyhoo...got bb to price match 2 copies for me no prob

Went to Target in Sunnyvale on Mathilda and they wouldn't match the price. (They looked up the TRU price using an iPad and browsed toysrus.com) Said they could only do it with a printed ad.

Went over to the nearby TRU and was able to get two Pokemon Y (and thus the $10 gift card) without hassle. (There was a sign stating that the price in the ad was an error.)

First, let me just thank everyone here that posted about their experience, good to know what to expect before going in.  

Headed over to my local TRU, grabbed the ad at the front desk at customer service, took the ad to the gaming section.  Female associate helped me, went to get the game out the case, came back empty handed, saying there was no more in the case, only X.  She was about to go look in the back until a male associate overheard us, asked us if it was Pokemon Y, and proceeded to grab the last copy from behind the counter.  Female associate rang it up, at full price, I showed her the ad again, so she had to call the manager over.  This took some time, so while waiting for the manager, I talked to the male associate, he said yesterday, some guy called asking how many Pokemon Y they have in stock.  lol  Supposedly, this store had 13 copies as of yesterday.  His shift started at 4pm today, and all copies were gone.  lol  I'm lucky.  Anyway, manager came, said it was cool, override the price.  I thank the female associate and also the male associate.  

First Pokemon game for me.  

Tried calling Best Buy and after waiting 30 minutes, they wouldn't price match. Said they didn't price match "promotions."

Took my ad into best buy asked if they could give me X at that price also. They said they couldn't do the $10 gift card.  Manager said to called TRU to see if they had it in stock. The guy called and asked if they had Y in stock and they said yes then asked if X was also ringing up at $19.9 thats when I got scared. I guess they are going to honor that price for the both games in Janesville WI

Went to BB in The woodlands, Tx and they didn't PM even with the printed ad. They were going to but when they called TRU to check availability they also asked what price it was ringing up. TRU told them 39.99 and said they had no idea of a 19.99 sale.

I guess I'll try Walmart now and hope for the best. If not I guess I can go to TRU but I was hoping to use my giftcards from BB & Walmart. I'll update after hitting up Walmart.

Had a good experience tonight after work...only downside was being on my motorcycle in this freezing weather :cold: ...but I digress.

Stopped by TRU in Austin...no dice and no physical ad.  :no: Boy was TRU always this ghetto? I don't remember them being like this as a kid... :baby:

Anyway, I decide to try the closest BB for a pm...I grabbed the LAST Y copy. :whee: The Guest Services guy already knew the deal and rung it up as 19.99 and got a manager to override...I didn't even have to show him an ad!  :bouncy:  I ended up using a $15 cert for this one.

After I pay I see another guy pming X and asked the guy if there were pming X as well, and he said yes. I told him I'd be back in a second. I quickly grabbed a copy of X (there were a few left) and got the PM and used a $5 cert on it.

Y + X for $21.63 out the door...not a bad haul if I do say so myself!  :D/ Between FE for $15, Star Fox 64 3D for $13, and these Pokemons, it's been a helluva week for 3DS deals!

heard about the possible horror stories with TRU not honoring the sale, so i printed the ad from their website and walked over to Walmart..they price adjusted it without even questioning

Got 2 Pokemon Ys at my TRU for $40 with the $10 gift card. They didn't give me any issues with the $20 price at all but the $10 gift card didn't come up the first time and the manager tried to tell me both promos would not apply. I tried to explain that the $20 price wasn't a "promo" but just an advertised price but he told the girl ringing me up to "call the manager" and left, after which the girl ringing me up said "he said call the manager but he is a manager" and laughed lol. Anyway, second manager came over and it turns out the gift card didn't come up the first time because the lazy bastard did a price match override instead of a sign error override so you might want to look out for that if you're trying to get the gift card with Pokemon Y.

PM'd at my local Walmart with no problems. I told the electronics associate about it and showed it to her on my phone, although the mobile version isn't as nice/clear as the printed ad in this case. Signs at WM advertising the Scizor code in Y and had 1 or 2 copies left. Tomorrow I might go to the city where TRU is located, but I didn't think it was worth the chance since online stock checker says OOS, and even if they had one, that they would honor it, let alone with the gift card. Really great for those who scored it for $15, but $20 is still really good. At least I'll get another $.75 from the Smoopa app, lol. Maybe now I'll go finish up White 2...

Thanks, OP and random ad-worker guy/girl who screwed up!

Got to PM this at Target. There's still a bunch of them at the Target in Menifee, CA. Although, they will ask you to bring in the TRU ad as proof. The employee at Customer Service would not utilize the online ad for whatever reason. 

My Toys R Us had a sign and no one wanted to PM. I struck out big time, oh well

I forgot to take a physical ad cause the online ad posed problems

I don't understand how it's legal for TRU to refuse to honor their own promotions.. that sounds ridiculous. Just present them with the physical ad and demand your copy.

Had a good experience tonight after work...only downside was being on my motorcycle in this freezing weather :cold: ...but I digress.

Stopped by TRU in Austin...no dice and no physical ad. :no: Boy was TRU always this ghetto? I don't remember them being like this as a kid... :baby:
Haha I felt the same way walking into TRU today. The few that I have been to have been ghetto'ish. But I never remembered them being that way as a kid.

For anyone wanting this deal I have never ran into any problems at Best Buy PM'ing deals in Sacramento,CA. BB seems pretty lenient if you have proof.

Bought the last copy at toys r us in riverside California. I grabbed the ad in the front of the store and walked over to the electronics department and asked for Pokemon y. It was the last copy and it ranged up as $39.99 when I showed the worker the ad she immediately changed the price and I got it for $20 :)

Oh wow, I must've missed that one. Guessing it sold out fast or was dead while I slept.
when was starfox 64 13 bucks?

Anyway i PMd both X and Y at BBY. DIdn't feel like driving to TRU and dealing with it. I just printed out the ad since the mobile version of the page didn't show pokemon. Got one for my niece and one for me to play i guess. Ive never really played a pokemon game, figure this would be a good one to try to play with her

Just got back from Toys R Us in Newport News Virginia. I was the first person to be there all day asking about this, I got two copies approved with manager approval, the store was packed and he said it was easier to just ring them up for $30 instead of giving me a gift card. So, two copies of Y for $30 plus tax out the door. Hell yeah CAG.
Same deal for me at the TRU in Ahwatukee, AZ. They price matched the ad, but because it was an override they said they couldn't force a gift card so they would have to adjust another $10 off. Coupled that with the Amex 5$ credit and got 2 copies for around $27. Fantastic deal!

I don't understand how it's legal for TRU to refuse to honor their own promotions.. that sounds ridiculous. Just present them with the physical ad and demand your copy.
I was wondering this too. Can they even legally deny their own ad? Did anyone actually get denied?

When and where was Star Fox 64 3d $13?
On Gohastings I believe. 45% off used games, and star fox became $13.

Went in for a lark, had to pick up an order anyways. Saw several copies on the shelf, with no signs out other than the $10 GC one. Nice cashier pointed out the memo but still gave me the deal. In and out in less than 2 minutes, no hassle. Then went back in and proceeded to wait like 45 minutes for the in store pickup. Man I feel sympathy for CS reps this holiday season, they had to call 5 people to a 2 person counter in the brief time I was there.

Oh wow, I must've missed that one. Guessing it sold out fast or was dead while I slept.
when was starfox 64 13 bucks?

Anyway i PMd both X and Y at BBY. DIdn't feel like driving to TRU and dealing with it. I just printed out the ad since the mobile version of the page didn't show pokemon. Got one for my niece and one for me to play i guess. Ive never really played a pokemon game, figure this would be a good one to try to play with her
When and where was Star Fox 64 3d $13?
gohastings. Used if that matters to y'all...used code 01000011 (from this thread) at checkout for 45% off. Came out to $16.81 after tax and shipping...you may be able to find it locally and avoid shipping as well.

Stills seems to be alive! :whistle2:$

Yes, they can legally deny their own ad simply by issuing a correction notice which is what they did.
I assume you mean in store they put up signs or something? So if I didn't know about this correction and wasted gas money and time going to get this deal what then? They could at the very least fix their online ad which still shows $19.99 with no correction notices in sight. How fucking lazy. I hope nobody was actually denied and if they were I hope they threw a fit and got the (still advertised) deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back